Toril Transported into 40k Galaxy

The solar system of Toril (Realmspace) from Forgotten Realms has been transported into a backwater region of the Imperium of Man. What happens next?

The warp is not directly accessible inside of the Toril System, but the D&D planes are still accessible via planeshift, gate, etc. This means there is now a conduit from the D&D Planes into the 40k galaxy, and potentially a conduit in the other direction if 40k characters could learn to master D&D spells.

D&D Arcane and Divine magic does not work if you travel too far from Toril. Practicing wizardry in nearby systems and worshipping Toril dieties can extend the weave, increasing the region where D&D magic can function. Likewise, warp phenomena could occur on Toril if enough inhabitants begin worshipping Chaos. The same applies for other 40k phenomena such as the WAAAGH.

Since the Imperium is a much larger entity, let's level the playing field (at least a little) by saying that the Imperium is not immediately aware of the appearance of Toril, but that the poweful NPCs of Toril are aware that Toril is now inside of a different and dangerous galaxy.

I got some inspiration form this thread: forums.spacebattles.com/threads/dawn-of-wizardry-40k-d-d-3-5e.193365/

The amount of sweaty neckbeardom involved in such a skub-worthy scenario would cause the birth of the fifth Chaos god of Geekdom.

A new chaos god could be the outcome of an event like this if enough inhabitants fell to chaos. Although the planet is not that populated, it contains a very high number of powerful spellcasters. Given the rarity of psykers in the Imperium, the concentration of casters on Toril would be almost unheard of. The collective fall of their spirits to Chaos could create a powerful warp entity.

4th Report from Planetary Govenor of Agri-World xB58-7:
A new star system appeared overnight 180 days ago, as if by foul sorcery. The details of this are documented in my first three briefings, which I've been told have been passed along the Imperial chain of Command, although I can not realistically expect them to respond for several years. Soon after the appearance of these new worlds we began receiving reports of strange visitors. Ships unlike any we have ever seen appear in the sky, while strange Xenos lurk at night and vanish without a trace. One such is a man who I can only describe as a robed skeleton. He has been sighted on several different continents, and repeatedly makes contact with the farming peasantry. Those we have interviewed say this figure calls himself Larloch, and that he speaks of a being called Mystra, of a great tapestry, and an ancient art that can control the universe. One even claimed to have studied this "art" as his disciple. We immediately attempted to execute the man for heresy, but he vanished in a puff of noxious gas, as if by magic. Could this be the art he was speaking of? The escapee's village has been placed under quarantine of course, although the fugitive was never found. I worry that this new star will ultimately be a threat to the Emperor, and so I again am requesting an Imperial Guard regiment to be sent to investigate this new world, hopefully before it is too late.

Recovered Journal of Guardsmen, 10105-AQ Regimen

The system has 6 worlds, but the third from the Sun is by far the most populous. It is inhabited by a shockingly diverse group of Humans, but what is most surprising is the variety of abhumans. There are lithe abhumans with pointed ears, short stocky ones similar to squats, large ones much like the imperial ogryns, ones that appear to be part animal, and many others. The humans and abhumans all seem to adhere to heretical faiths, and none have industrial technology. Perhaps this is a previously lost feral world? We must share the light of the emperor with these savages, or burn them if they refuse. In addition to the humanoid population, the planet is filled with horrifying Xenos. The other day we were ambushed by a furry beaked beast, and several of us almost were swallowed by a cube of green living slime.

Though we have been sent to observe this world, I fear we are being observed, and I find myself wishing they had sent more than 3000 guardsmen. Last night I thought I heard several of my squad-mates communicating with each other in some sort of hissing language. I know this sounds crazy, but I think they have been replaced by reptilian creatures. I have not slept for days, and I watch them at night. I think they can tell I have been watching.

Depends at least a little on the edition. I mean, in AD&D? Rules as written, Protection from Normal Missiles does exactly that, so solid-shot guns of all kinds will achieve all of jack shit. Research a Protection from Energy variation for laser and plasma, and that's a huge edge to the Realmspace denizens.

Ironically, cooperation may be the Realms' biggest advantage in trying to survive. Even Thayans and Orcs are likely to cut the shit out if they're aware that there's a universe full of nasties ready to jump in and crump them upside the head.

Plus... reliable divine miracles. We know the Imperium's a theocracy, but we also know that there's a lot of desperation and ignorance, which is why cults are such a problem. Can you imagine just how miraculous a cleric with the ability to cast Cure Wounds and Cure Poison/Disease and Create Food would be to the down-trodden, starving denizens of the Imperium?

Worse for the Ecclesiarchy, clerical influence would spread like a freaking virus - I can easily see the Realms' gods actively empowering more clerics than ever before, because 1: they want as much mojo as they can with all the gribblies out beyond, and 2: the Imperium runs on intense faith, so any convert to Pelor or whoever would be an incredibly devout worshipper.

>warp phenomena could occur on Toril if enough inhabitants begin worshipping Chaos

Chaos immediately infiltrates, Toril is swallowed by the warp in a week.

Why would they turn to Chaos? They have gods of their own to worship, and their gods offer much better benefits than Chaos does. The existing demon & devil cults aren't going to be less attractive than these newcomers, after all.

Stop making these garbage crossover threads. You are cancer.

Dear OP- This entire scenario already exists, it was dictated in an incomplete accurate Fanfiction Crossover where the Emperor and the Loyal Primarchs in up on Toril, and Emperor's PSyker Powers OP Plz nerf START EATING THE WEAVE.

It's pretty good.

Also, 40k already exists in D&D, because THERE IS A KEEPER OF SECRETS SEALED AWAY ON EBERRON AND THE RAKSHASA WORSHIP THE CHAOS GODS and it's noted in the Psionics handbook that Psions of the great houses are descendant from some species that fled the destruction of their home from a "great enemy"

3.5 Psions are literally Eldar Descendants, and this makes complete sense when you equate the 4e idea that Psionics are the solution to Eldritch Bullshit as an antibody, that interacted with the curremt cosmology which operates on the rules of magic and metaphysical opposed to actual logic.

That said, as an additional note, look up the Nagpa- done? Good. Notice that They end up that way from hoarding magic/not sharing it and destroying it? I wonder where you've heard of that before, and they even get their own craftable staffs! Hmmm...

I don't see why they would worship Chaos any more than they would worship Tharizdun or some other evil destroyer deity, which isn't done that much. The normal deities offer way better stuff than Chaos

Report from Regional Authority to His Excellency, the Govenor, chosen by the Emperor

Last night we saw a strange tentacled ship descend into the mountains. It matched the descriptions of the ships in orbit around the 6th planet of the mysterious system. Within several hours we were informed of multiple murders. Victims dragged off, only to be found hours later with their brains scooped out. We immediately sent a party into the mountains to find and destroy the ship, but it was not there. The scouts said they heard a low humming noise coming from beneath the surface of the now abandoned landing zone, as if some sort machinery was operating underground. Could our new visitors be tunneling beneath our feet even now?

We are doing our best to cover up the murders or claim they were the result of a serial killer, but I doubt the populace will be fooled. Many saw the ship land, and missing brains are not easily ignored.

Illithid are literally mutated Space Marine Scouts that survived the visit of the Black Sun anomanly.

That, or a 3rd species engineered by the Elder Things which kickstarted the Shoggoth rebellion

>sucking multiple lvl20+ adventurers, including wizards
Chaoscucks would get wiped out in a week

Due to how deities work in D&D and FR, the Chaos gods would IMMEDIATELY BECOME OVERDEITIES, due to limitless faith gain as concepts of mortal life and consciousness, subsume the Slaadi Lords, Slaanesh would then proceed to eat a LOT of elves, including many of their deities, and to boot, get that fucking Giant Elf Soul Eat Monster, give it it's brand of corruption and send it out on a spon, The Illithid would go fullblown Illithid Dominatus once more with power not seen since the Ilithiad in 2e with thier awesome spaceships and shit, and Ao would get torn to fucking pieces.

The Abyss now is at war with Chaos, and is doing a danm good job because they're all Chaos and Evil, and Graz'zt dumps Iggwilv for Slaanesh, with Malcanthet rally Demogorgon to do something about the interlopers.

Angron goes to Fucking town in Valhalla and everywhere Else, and Magnus continuously ejaculates due to magic- magic fucking eveywhere.

Necromancy immediately goess fullblown TOMB KANGZ with the 30-45 something types of Liches in D&D and because it pisses off nurgle, and Nurgle takes up oh so irrelevant Zuggtmoy because he likes her, and Isha get's jealous or some shit.

The nine hells meets the Imperium of man and gets along, using the punishments of hell to further Imperial truth and creed because reasons.

The Far Realm, the demiplane of dreams and Nightmares get so fucked I cannot even begin to describe it. We now have Psyker vs Psion wars left and right, and deities popping up everywhere because faith=power in D&D

Khorne Slap's Banes shit, and Bhaal's too, how dare they split up his awesomeness into two loosers like those guys?

The sheer buttfuckery of the 9 Hells, the Abyss, and what the Yugoloths have on offer becomes a multi-racial mess thanks to Warp entities, and a third Demon Species probably emerges in the Abyss, meeting the classical standards of "Demon for fucking everything" which probably renders the Obrityhs actually extinct this time around.

Oh right, as Deities, Chaos gods can now make Avatars, so it's basically their entire plan to merge Materium with Immaterium, except they can literally pop into reality to say hi.

Khorne Get's off his chair to fight everyone and everything, Tzeentch eats all the Magic Gods, Nurgle tries to get up, but realizes he left his horrible cosmic Mobility Scooter in the 40k Galaxy and has to roll to get it with Isha in a cage, and Slaanesh is busy eating all the Elves/Fucking everything.

Malal is Irrelevant over here though.

Lorgar doesn't know what the fuck is going on anymore, as is any other Daemon Primarch

Anyhow, I'd pay good Money to See Angron vs Fat Fuck Orcus.

BALOR FIGHT!

Clearly, Asmodeus becomes a new Chaos God and the God Emperor of Man, given all the want he gets.

What is the black sun anomaly?

TTS covered it. One of the answering questions episodes, A black star that shows up, and bad shit happens after it does.

Would the illithids if realmspace have the numbers to start a war of conquest? I suppose they could quickly take over a few feral world and create millions of new Illithids, but this would probably take at least a decade. I guess decades is not a long time frame when we are dealing with a setting in the year 40000

Illithids are mature by Age 21, and Psychic resources can benefit their quest for a replenishable food source as that's one of their important primary goals. Modern 40k tech has blown up suns and planets before, so that's also something they're after. It's possible Illithid can probably overwrite Tyranids to boot, that or the Cthuloid Tyranids have actually Scourered and Illithid world before.

Then there's the multitude of experimental usages for cerebromorphis in the 41st Millennium and how they accommodate the Elder brain in the new age.

In complex Hive cities, Illithid Incursion would be incredibly difficult to stop, all their abilities would render them untraceable.

They could probably be detected by psykers right? But I believe there are only a few psykers per world in 40k, so that wont be enough to deal with a few hundred illithids

Cultist trying to end the world is a weekly event on Toril

they be just fine

Psionics differ from Psykers, who draw their power from the warp, infact, from a technical perspective both powers are anathema to one another.

In terms of Illithid invasions being detected, doubtful with the assistance of an Elder brain and Elder Conclave, they MIGHT cuase a shadow in the warp, but it could register as human because of their hosts bodies prior to cerebromorphsis, and they have deific assistance from Illthestine.

The opposite is also a very valid scenario. There are some elder evils on the forgotten realms multiverse that could do serious damage if released by cultists. Same goes for worship of dnd dieties. I wonder how 40k orks would view Grummush.

>Zuggtmoy Queen of Fungi meets Ork Spores
Whelp.

FR best D&D setting

kek
had a good laugh, user

Ez' not kunnin' enuff ter beat Mork, not brutal enuff ter beat Gork, or iz dat da uvva way round?
E ain't got any Dakka eyvah!
Might let da Grots worship 'im...

9th Report from Planetary Govenor of Agri-World xB58-7:
The Guardsmen regiment has retreated from the new system, leaving only a small battalion behind. Apparently they were overwhelmed by the foul Xenos of the planet and the dangerous sorcery of its heretical inhabitants. They said they will return with reinforcements, but I expect it will be at least another six months until then. For now we fortify the city, but I do not know if it will keep us safe. Monsters attacks have increased all over the globe: brains have been eaten, bodies scorched, and our own institutions have been infiltrated by what appear to be lizards in human form. Even worse than these attacks are the unholy religions that are spreading like wildfire, for surely it is better for our bodies to be slain than for our spirits to falter. These local-born heretics are preaching the false gospels of the new system, and most disturbing is the news that some of these faithful are able to wield supernatural powers similar those of the imperial psykers. Several other nearby worlds have reported similar phenomena, and the situation seems to grow worse by the day.

Wouldn't the emperor become an overdiety as well? The imperium probably has a quadrillion people who worship him. I would expect there to be more emperor worshippers than chaos ones.

Also same thing for the ork dieties. They probably have the most worship total.

Except that the OP specified that Realmsian metaphysics only function in their little sphere of influence, which also blocks direct access to the Warp. So I'd argue that Chaos Gods and other warp entities, including GorkaMorka and the God-Emperor, gain none of the benefits of D&D Divine Ranks - if anything, the Realmspace rules make them weaker by blocking them out. Daemons can't manifest, Chaos Champions can't be rewarded, even Imperial Miracles are probably hard-pressed to function.

Demon orcs..

Yeah I agree with your logic, but I was asking why if it worked as that poster proposed only chaos became overdieties. It seems like it should be all or none

Transcript of speech from Marcavus, Xanthite Inquisitor

Brothers, it has been 100 years since the appearance of the mysterious system, and since then its influnce has only grown. As many of you have correctly guessed, there are elements within the Imperium who have been intentionally delaying efforts to stop its expansion, for you see within that zone of Xenos and heresy lies the power to make belief reality. It s the use of this power that allows the influence of the mysterious star to grow. Each day more practice the foul sorcery known as wizardry, and more worship the false dieties of those blasted spheres. Yet, can this not be used to our advantage? If belief is power, then shouldn't our quadrillion believers bring us to new heights?

Now, I am sure the skeptical among you have asked why the prayers of the loyal billions still within the influence of the mysterious star have not already enhanced the might of the Imperium? I have a theory. The faitfhul correctly believe the Emperor resides in Terra, but the metaphysical influence of the mysterious system does not reach that far. Because of this their prayers are not able to directly empower the Emperor.

Fellow members of the Inquisition, I propose now a plan that will bring us final victory in our endless wars. We will build a bridge of heresy right to holy Terra, and when we do trillions of prayers will immediately reach our master, increasing his power and destroying our enemies once and for all.

>Ez' not kunnin' enuff ter beat Mork, not brutal enuff ter beat Gork, or iz dat da uvva way round?
Iz uvva way round, u stupid grot.

...I would laugh like a madman if that plan was carried out... and it actually resulted in the Emperor dying for real, as the spread of Realmspace is blocking out the Warp and could, ultimately, completely shunt the Warp away from the 40Kverse altogether, rendering it analoguous to the Far Realm.

...Except that if it were directly cut off from the 40kverse, the Warp would probably eventually go quiet again, wouldn't it...?