The Veeky Forums Related Nasu Thread

Wherein we continue to discuss the Nasu Universe, Fate/Stay, Pokemon battles with historical figures and the best systems with which to enjoy these conceits in the form of a traditional roleplaying game. Also how great the property would be if it wasn't controlled by waifu pandering eroge writing nip fuckers. In honor of America day/week/month, George Washington Heroic Spirits, summoning AMERICA, and why Saber sameface is a cancer that must be stopped.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kRuVe2voS1U
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=✓&tags=fate_(series) &ms=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for cute girl (boy)s

Noble Paladin of Charlemagnes Court
Astolfo the fuccboi

Now, to carry on with the idea of a special rule that technically makes all American heroic spirits the same six heroic spirits:

>Special Quality for American Heroic Spirits - E Pluribus Unum

>Written upon the Seal of the united states itself is this phase: out of many, one. Born too late as a nation to accrue the many myths and legends of older cultures, and in an era with a weakened Mana sphere, America never the less has a rich history of folk tales and myth. As a result, America's Heroic Spirits tend to be amalgamations of various individuals predicated on American IDEALS and mythology, rather than on any one individual human figure. As a result, their forms and abilities may vary slightly, but they are all born from the same root

I would take this a step further and suggest that ALL American Heroic Spirits are in fact, a SINGLE Heroic Spirit whose shape and nature changes based on the catalyst used. All attempts to summon figures from American Folklore summons THE IDEA OF AMERICA, personified in that figure.

>Saber sameface is a cancer that must be stopped

Go back to bed MHX it'll be forever before you're out in NA anyway.

Reminds me a little some stuff in the ol' Scion RPG by WW. There was a WW2 scenario with junior gods of England, France, UK etc who were frictioning with the classical european ones - lots of them were up-jumped Scions who had concepts like that - like a literal personification of the land of america was the goddess "Columbia", who had sisters like "Britannia" and "Marianne".

I wonder if I could kitbash Scion to do Fate stuff - you can do a lot of stupid bullshit in that game.

I'm sorry OP, but you seem to have used the wrong pic.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

E PLURIBUS SABER

Wielder of NP: The Sword of Promised Liberty - Four-Score-And-Seven-Calibur

Who is that with Mordred's head?

I dunno, I picked someone at random.

oh god it lives

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

>not first for JANNU

That doesn't happen to be Asanagi, does it?

John Henry seems like an obvious servant.

>Also how great the property would be if it wasn't controlled by waifu pandering eroge writing nip fuckers
>and why Saber sameface is a cancer that must be stopped.
Foolish Veeky Forums, this is why you will never reach The Root and forever grasp only at the fringes of nasuverse threads, because you cannot see the truth. That these very things you condemn are an essential part of why the franchise is so great.

On the subject of "waifufagging Nip fuckers", Saber "sameface" isn't actually a problem. The problem is that Saber at all exists as a petite blonde girl. You can actually see this in her stat sheet in FSN, which proves she's just the author's pet.

>Invisible Air, Saber's first revealed NP
>not tied at all to the legends
>just something Nasu made up for the purposes of keeping Excalibur as a secret
>literally never once explained in the VN despite remaining a large plot element

>Mana Burst
>???
>somehow a thing despite not being a skill related to the Arthurian legends at all, at least not by King Arthur
>still remains her signature in providing her with a wind-based skillshot AND mana armor, used to defeat Heracles in conjunction with Invisible Air (for a little time)

>Instinct
>literally just plot armor: the skill
>because fuck you is why

And now for the non-stat-related logical leaps:
>had a few crotchspawn
>yet has a "virginal shrinking flower" demeanor during any of the H-scenes in the VN
>even though she's fucked a wife enough to have multiple children
>which makes no sense how did this happ;GJGfh
>mollusks

Saber fathered those kids, not mothered. Merlin gave her a dick because wizards have no sense of right and wrong.

seiba is innocent of the last complaint

Don't do it bro. Listen to your man Gil - it'll only get you brutally murdered.

Some guy was posting about his autistic nasu canon. Did someone screen cap it?

Arthur and Guinevere generally aren't depicted with children and I'm pretty sure the ideal kingship of FSN Saber didn't involve getting any on the side (for Saber)

Canonically though merlin gave saber a dick to consummate the marriage at least once - and this is where Morgan Le Fay (who did have a lot of kids) got the material for Mordred.

>Mana Burst
>???

Exactly.

Anyone who is vaguely competent know that it should be either Energy Burst or Prana Burst, depending on how you localize it.

Mana is a very specific thing in the Nasuverse, and Prana Burst uses Artoria's Od to fuel it, not Mana.

One thing to note though, Arthurian myth is real messed up.

I mean in terms of the organization, not just all the other tragic shit. There may or may not have been an actual "Arthur" who defended the Isles from the Saxons. And then the Welsh spiced up that period with some mythological elements and many more confusing names. Then the broader British cut down and adapted the legend for a wider audience. And then the French got a hold of it and made it all about knights errant and courtly love.

Sometimes, I feel like the original japanese writers let translators/localizers just get away with stuff. Like "Altria". Did somebody in Japan see that and go "sounds good!"? That doesn't even sound like how her name is pronounced in japan

I can't even.

Remember that time that an evil king was punished by god and turned into a poison-boar who laid waste to a fifth of Ireland in one day, and then Arthur had to go and steal the boar's comb and scissors?

Arthur being a girl ain't shit.

>Like "Altria". Did somebody in Japan see that and go "sounds good!"? That doesn't even sound like how her name is pronounced in japan

Basically, that's actually a marketing problem, not a translation problem. Every person on every localization team knows that "Altria" sounds retarded. But they can't change it due to orders from the nip superiors. See, back when F/SN was first popular, before Type-Moon gave a shit about English markets, they marketed F/SN merch under the name "Altria Pendragon", because as long as you have roman letters on something, it looks cool to japanese consumers, who wouldn't notice that the name was wrong either way. So there's tons of shit in Japan that has Altria on it, and that's how the company markets Saber stuff in every case.

So when it hit other markets, Type Moon had a problem on their hands. Fan translators had translated Saber's name as "Artoria" or "Arturia", and so that's what every English language consumer was expecting to see, but all of Type Moon had Altria on it instead. So Type Moon had three possible options.

1. Bow to the economic might of the west and change everything to Artoria, confusing and irritating the shit out of Japanese consumers who are seeing a decade-old name changing for seemingly no reason.

2. Tell the English market to fuck off and keeping Altria, at the risk of pissing off all of the Saber waifufags, who are seeing a decade-old name changing for seemingly no reason.

3. Spend lots of money to have two entirely different merchandise packaging for the separate markets, and hoping that the name change makes a bid enough sales difference to actually be worth it.

Type Moon chose option 2, because they're already making tons of money from Japanese whales, and there's no reason to piss them off in hopes of attracting more NA whales.

Alas, I suspected it was something retarded like this.

Poison-boar would fit right in

KICK HIS ASS MORDY!

w/ sound, subs and more iron man noises and CLARENT BLOOD ARTHUR

thank you friend

>Mordred
>Beating Siegfried
Waifu faggotry please. Siegfried myth was on another level than Arthur and Mordred

then why does he suck in GO?

Because Waifu faggotry, did you miss that part?

Sumanai, Siegfried is only suited for killing dragons.

Fate power level are wierd and half based on primacy of age (ala Gilgamesh) and half based on Fame. Siegfried has primacy of age. Arturia would have primacy of fame.

Mordred has neither.

Granted, Mordred's speciality being KILLING HEROES puts siegfried at a disadvantage, but aren't Arturia and Mordred both dragon types since UR PENDRAG?

Being really goddamn ancient aside, Gil was a decent ass-kicker. Obviously he wasn't summoning swords out of mid-air but he was beating dudes up and fucking bitches.

So, if someone stole an ancient Homo Sapiens corpse and used it in the summoning, would you get an invincible superhuman caveman as a servant?

You'd just get yourself, you fucking retard, fuck you.

Maybe if they were somehow convinced that Fred Flintstone was a real person and they'd found his corpse.

I'd have to double-check, but yes I think part of the point in creating Mordred was to get the dragon core or whatever. Arturia definitely has the heart of a dragon or some bullshit.

Of course, that means Mordred is that much physically stronger and tougher - though I'm pretty sure she still can't kill Siegfried directly unless she finds his weak spot - or his master runs out of mana to sustain it.

I'd also argue Mordred as the anti-hero who killed King Arthur and also is his illegitimate incest child does definitely have some fame to back herself up. And Clarent has become a fairly famous sword and in universe should make the wielder mighty, and by many people today is conflated with the actual Sword In The Stone, though in Nasu that's Caliburn (And NP form Clarent Blood Arthur is fueled by how pissed of Mordred is). It should be a decent fight, probably an endurance rather than a pure skill match.

Also in the original legend Gil and Enkidu forge some fucking heavy as "daggers" which they must be using despite being something like "ten times sixty pounds each".

Fucking all the bitches in Uruk would probably be the metaphysical justification for Gate of Babylon though. Everything in the land belongs to Gil. Except Ishtar, she can go home. (It's kind of funny Ishtar is an Archer too. I wonder if Ereshkigal will be a Caster or something else).

Only if that figure was legendary in some way.

So, Caine, basically. Should be the Ur-Assassin, not Hassan.

Its actually kind of weird because Gil in his legend actually had a named axe [Might of Heroes] and bow [Anshan] yet neither appear in the franchise.

It's almost as if Nasu is a fucking moron who just makes shit up as he goes along

That - and also god knows how few people actually READ the Epic of Gilgamesh, not just have learned what it is and it's basic plot.

To be fair, the original Gilgamesh was sort of a hybrid between the myth and what he eventually became. I'm torn on which design I like better though between the old and the new. The old clearly is more "Gilgameshey" but I also really like the canon armor.

If Nasu knows one thing well, it's his mythology.

>Also in the original legend Gil and Enkidu forge some fucking heavy as "daggers" which they must be using despite being something like "ten times sixty pounds each".

>He went to the forge and said, ..'I will give orders to the armourers; they shall cast us our weapons while we watch them.' So they gave orders to the armourers and the craftsmen sat down in conference. They went into the groves of the plain and cut willow and box-wood; they cast for them axes of nine score pounds, and great swords they cast with blades of six score pounds each one, with pommels and hilts of thirty pounds. They cast for Gilgamesh the axe 'Might of Heroes' and the bow of Anshan; and Gilgamesh was armed and Enkidu; and the weight of the arms they carried was thirty score pounds.

>he likes girls with glasses
>NP makes sense and isn't just sword spam
Prototype Gil confirmed superior

youtube.com/watch?v=kRuVe2voS1U

To be fair, he does sword-spam, just not as much. I mostly like that he's barechested and wears a skirt and sandals that actually looks Babylonian, as opposed to the Solar Superheavy Plate he normally wears.

Also Prototype has better hair.

jesus christ thats not a sixpack thats armored fucking plates

Come to think of it Gil would be great art/inspiration for a Solar...

Actually using a Bow is also cool too. Though class definitions have always been treated shakily.

>Stares at Casters Mozart, Hans Christian Andersen and Shakespeare in my inventory

Man, these fights really seem like all flash and no substance. Guess that has its own appeal.

>all flash and no substance
welcome to anime

This is why Babbet is my favorite character because she literally just punches people

Every time I look at Prototype, I'm just happy we ended up with Stay Night instead.

feel free to stop breathing ANY time as long as it's right now

Terrible idea for the night:
>Live action fate/stay night movie(s)
>With Emma Watson as Saber.

How would we stat the heroic spirit of chesty puller?
Berserker or archer?
Other stats
NP?
Maybe he reality marbles every member of the USMC and they unload their guns before fixing bayonets and charging
We can call it: from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli

If this gets made you would not live to see its release.

>myth of the citizen soldier
Archer

is that a threat that you would come to kill me or just that TYPE-MOON's release schedules tend to be so fucking far apart, we'd all be dead by the time it happened?

>Ishtar
Wait, I thought summoning actual gods was against the grail rules? Or is that only the case with Fuyuki war?

I think Nasu knew about Anshan at least since, in proto-fate, Gil was going to combine those two swords (Possibly the twin daggers mention) into a bow which might have been Anshan.

It might have been a sad case where Nasu decided 'my idea is better, real myth go home'

Funnier still, just have Ea's 'Beam' take the shape of basically an axehead and you could have called it The Might od Heroes and it could have worked too.

>is that a threat that you would come to kill me or just that TYPE-MOON's release schedules tend to be so fucking far apart, we'd all be dead by the time it happened?

yes

>Wait, I thought summoning actual gods was against the grail rules?
They don't care in FGO because money.

>Wait, I thought summoning actual gods was against the grail rules? Or is that only the case with Fuyuki war?

At least in FGO, they aren't summoned directly. Ishtar and Ereshkigal get put into Rin's body, sort of like how Mashu has Galahad. Hence all the Rin Tohsaka-as-Ishtar fanart.

>Wait, I thought summoning actual gods was against the grail rules? Or is that only the case with Fuyuki war?

Since GO grail wars are fucked to hell weirdness, a lot of the rules are being broken.

Several deities have figured out that they can steal Saint Graphs from Heroes and be summoned in servant containers, albeit much weaker because they're in bodies that really shouldn't hold them.

In FGO shit's real messed up with Space-Time, which theoretically allows Divine Spirits to appear also, but their abilities tend to be thrown out of whack by such things. It lowers their abilities to be in-line with normal heroic spirits, for instance Artemis pretends to be Orion and thus is limited to Orion like abilities rather than being a full blown Olympian deity.

Ishtar specifically in FGO also is possessing a physical body and that body is Rin's because what the other user said about money.

Gil starting the flood could be pretty neat to see in action, or maybe I'm just fond of Gormenghast.

>rain again today?
etc

Listen, even if you like Rin, the smart money's on Ereshkigal. Not even Gilgamesh would touch Ishtar with his dick, and he banged every marriageable woman in Uruk.

That's because he realized that most of the Ishtar legends are tragedies and he's significantly more mortal than she is.

He also called her a slut but it's mostly not wanting to end up having a tragic story of his own death be told that motivated him.

>significantly
Now 1/3 more mortal than Ishtar!

Does he have low independent action stat because hes a soldier and chain of command or high because hes a lieutenant general and thus high on the chain?

It's not gay if its Greek, right?

It's not gay if:

you're top
you're a kid being taught/groomed

sumanai

What good Servants have you seen elsewhere? I rather like the ones from Hollow Fake/Hollow Order.

>Elizabeth I/Drake bullying Dee
>literally everything Chanakya did nothing wrong
>motherfucking Mayan Hero Twins and the ball game
>when the players forgot to count

>best snek
>"You look like a fish fucked an Englishman."
>Sanson Alter has a motherfucking Stand
>Edison Conquers TYPE-Mars

In his chapter of FGO she has come to Uruk every goddamn day trying to hit on him. It's become so irritating that he has has installed in the palace "anti-annoying goddess devices" which basically means nets dropped on her.

Fufufu, foolish goddess, everyone knows Gilgamesh's dick is only for Enkidu

>lol lets make killing dragons his specialty
>99% of dragons are riders and thus take neutral dmg from him
>not to mention that his stats are balanced for tanking but yet he has no taunt and the whole "enemies only target first in the row"-got fixed after couple months

sumanai

Say, if you had a catalyst that only applies to one specific heroic spirit, and that heroic spirit only fits one class, and that class has already been summoned for this war....

What do you get?

Another heroic spirit.

But are they just a heroic spirit that suits you, like you'd get without a catalyst, or are they a heroic spirit related to the legend of the heroic spirit who's catalyst you possess?

Yes

Or possibly their Lilly/Alter versions

The grail doesn't choose you. Your servant is already predetermined by some future-seeing part of the Grail.

Alternately, you get 404 Not Found.

I really want to read interactions between EMIYA and EMIYA, even though that Kiri never met Shiro I feel like it would be interesting.

same

i want to see these two go on adventures

>tfw you love the idea of the Holy Grail War
>tfw you cringe everytime the nips put cool mythology through the waifublender and get chuuni sauce all over it

I liked Gilgamesh a lot more when he was just a really strong guy who happened to have a really, really big gun, rather then the whole SUM OF ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE nonsense.

That's what Fate/Zero is.

I think Fate/Zero is probably the best when you boil the premise down to its core draw, which is "ultimate showdown of destiny with awesome historical figures and magic". But obviously some people prefer the angle of cute girls with quirky personalities that call the dudes "master"/enjoy MANA TRANSFERS, and the Grail War is just background for it.

>complaining about waifus
I will literally never understand this. The boys in FSN are leagues better than the girls. Does the mere presence of female characters actually trigger you?

>trigger
Hi, non-word.
>FSN
Cu and Emiya are hotties for sure but that's hardly what everyone knows Fate for. Let's look at the free market for evidence: danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=✓&tags=fate_(series) &ms=1

Don't be obtuse, nigger. They weren't complaining about there being girls they were complaining about historical and mythological figures being turned in to girls for lonely otakus to jerk off to.

>I think Fate/Zero is probably the best when you boil the premise down to its core draw, which is "ultimate showdown of destiny with awesome historical figures and magic".
But Fate/Zero is probably the one where the servants are the least important to the main plot.

The main plot is dumb anyway, everyone's just there for the spectacle of heroes fighting and Sir Lancelot commandeering a fighter jet to fight Gilgamesh's flying airship while a Shoggoth has a relaxing bubble bath.

That's because zero only gets the hook premise, but little else. It's all serious business ure, but the characters are way more shallow and less 3d. Even the author concedes it.

Also because a lot of big name heroes were males for no reason other than historical context. Fate isn't about realistic historical so that's a mute point. All the heroes are meant to represent and inform modern view points, not go around being accurate depictions of people back then.