Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

NPC AI Edition:

How much "Life" do you give your monsters and NPC? Do they have lives? Routines? How often to they chatter while patrolling the halls? Any Office romances break out?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hMmLECRV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It depends on the campaign. I haven't GM'd in a while, but a few of my old campaigns had NPCs doing shit behind the scenes. It was pretty fun, though completely inconsequential.

>Who designed this shit?
Paizo. Like 90% of content in all the books is either useless or practically unusable, or created with no regard for roleplaying.

>Did they have no concept of time?
>Paizo
>concept of time
No.

>But with Primalist I wouldn't be able to take any feats for rage and stuff.
>"This ability does not count as the rage power class feature for determining feat prerequisites and other requirements."
Primalist's Primal Choices feature alters the Bloodlines feature of the Bloodrager class.

You still qualify for rage feats and such because of the Bloodrage feature of the Bloodrager class:
>Bloodrage counts as the barbarian’s rage class feature for the purpose of feat prerequisites, feat abilities, magic item abilities, and spell effects.

Alright gents, I've spent the last 24 hours trying to redownload and mod Skyrim, and I'm still in the process of it.

What has happened to /pfg/ in that time?

If you had to pit your group of players against another party of adventurers, what would the composition of that party be?

Why?

No clue. I don't come here often because honestly my presence here would be redundant.

Nothing we're just bored.

Repostin a request:

Some shitposting, a brief discussion on how to kill the Father of All Linnorms and thus be rightwise crowned king of all the Ulfen, some helpful advice here and there, and someone asked what your character thinks of their party members.

Also, apparently a game called Battlerite got an update, and added a deer girl. She's kind of cute.

N Medium animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +1
DEFENSE
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 9 (1d8+5)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune disease
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6+3 plus allergic reaction)
STATISTICS
Str 15, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 8
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Toughness
Skills Stealth +6
ECOLOGY
Environment temperate forest, swamp, or underground
Organization solitary or pack (2–12)
Treasure none

>a brief discussion on how to kill the Father of All Linnorms
I've got a build that might do it by level 19 or so. 17 minimum, but you want every edge against the bastard.

Conveniently also usable with a butchering axe.

Sick.

Hm. How do you handle PC races that don't have hands?

Nothing. Surprisingly little shitposting.

What's the best 2h martial weapon? I'm extremely strapped for feats, so I'm afraid Exotic Weapon Profs are out.

Handy. Does it accommodate for the death curse as well? Because Ol' Faffy's got a doozy.

Tell them that if they want to be a race with no hands, they have to deal with having no hands.

Falchion or No-Dachi
Greatsword is cuter though
Bardiche is best reach weapon

So what do people think about the DAA picks and the runner-ups? For a game that seemed like a bamboozle for so long I don't see much about its app process actually finishing.

If you're a Half-Elf you can get EWP for free

Empathy
School: Domination (Hidden) [hex]
Level: 1
Activation cost: 1 standard action
Ether Cost: 1
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature within range
Duration: The Harlequin’s Charisma Modifier
The Harlequin causes a creature within 30 feet to feel empathetic pain with every swing of its weapons. Each time it attacks, it must make a will save, if it succeeds, it attacks as normal, if it fails, the attacker takes 2d6 damage.

Or

Empathy
School: Domination (Hidden) [hex]
Level: 1
Activation cost: 1 standard action
Ether Cost: 1
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature within range
Duration: The Harlequin’s Charisma Modifier
The Harlequin causes a creature within 30 feet to feel empathetic pain with every swing of its weapons. Each time it attacks it takes 2d6 damage. A successful will save negates this effect.

Is this supposed to be on par with a first level spell?

Roughly, it should scale better

It does, actually. There's two ways to go about it, truth be told. The easier and more fun one is to play a Warder (preferably a Zweihander Sentinel) that has access to Mithral Current.

At level 15, you pick up Tortoise General Stance, which lets you negate AoEs like those done by the likes of linnorms and dragons (in addition to giving you a shield bonus buff, which you'll need). Past that, you need a few things; lots, and I do mean lots, of counters is the big thing. You're going to be very hard pressed with this, and mithral current is there to give you Counters that allow you to dodge roll out of the threatened area, negating any full attack you might otherwise deal with. Iron tortoise provides you with counters that negate both attacks and spells, and Scarlet Throne will give you that one counter that replaces your saves with a Sense Motive check for if he tries to whammie you with anything fancy.

Your basic way of dealing with your target is, quite simply, the Primal Fury Strikes that eat constitution. You do enough hits with those and he won't have the HP to deal with your attacks; every 2 constitution damage you deal will take 27 HP off his total health, and you can guarantee these hit by using a Scarlet Throne boost that makes your next attack a touch attack (versus the absolutely abysmal touch AC all linnorms have). Once he's down for the count, you use that sense motive replacing saves counter against his Death Curse, which, if you built right, should let you auto-negate it. DC 32 really isn't hard to meet at that level with a skill check.

Of course, if you're limited to 1pp, you're basically stuck just playing Eobard Love
pastebin.com/hMmLECRV

He'll get the job done, but he has absolutely no freedom to the build design, whereas the linnorm-slaying warder is just a skeleton of a build that you can insert your own character into and still be capable of tackling Tor Linnorms by level 15 (when you get Tortoise General Stance.)

Is there any light-based analogue to the Fetchlings, in the same way Aasimar and Tieflings have a dichotomous relationship?

I'm toying with a concept of a character that literally changes class and race depending on time of day; at day, it would be a Solar Oracle, and at night it would be a Shadow Bloodrager.

Might just go with a Lawbringer Aasimar vs. Shackleborn Tiefling, actually.

Easily the latter, the former is too much annoyance with multi-attackers needing to roll a save every single time.

OK. In that case, here's how I'd do it.

Duration: The Harlequin's Charisma Modifier in minutes, or until expended.
The Harlequin causes a creature to feel empathetic pain with every swing of its weapons. The affected creature must make a Will saving throw. If it fails, then the next time it attacks it takes 1d4 points of damage, plus an additional 1d4 for every four caster levels after fourth. For every caster level after first, this effect applies to an additional attack made by the creature.

This assumes you want it to be a slow-burning but deadly debuff. Swapping the damage scaling rate and the duration scaling rate would make it nastier and faster. Also what said regarding save spam.

Well, glad to know I'm not going senile. I remembered this being posted, bu couldn't for the life of me remember all of it. Thanks for posting.

there is no such "light" based race, user. Sorry.

I'm open to both, I think they're actually roughly equal in power, but the second being book-keeping lite is nice.

hmm

>Falchion
>Two-Handed
....fucking Paizo. Alright, thanks, Falchion it is!

No problem. I'm always willing to share this thing; I've been wanting to see it in action for a while, and the upcoming Linnorm Kingdoms game gives me a chance for that.

Hell, even if I don't end up running it myself, I just wanna see SOMEONE solo a linnorm.

Aasimar, so no Weapon Senpai feats, senpai.

You'll have to tell me more about these Weapon Senpai feats. Which 3pp are they from?

Ok, I like this, i'll have to modify it just a touch, but this fits my goals.

It's worth noting that the scaling I gave is VERY aggressive. Goes all the way up to 100d4 total at CL 20, which beats out Finger of Death as a "save or shiton of damage" spell. Of course, it's not all at once, but the net damage is scarifying.

yeah I'm specifically gonna tone that down

Abyssia picked players.

I really want to collect the miniatures of pathfinder, I've never been into D&D but recently I've been growing some interest on it.

don't

why?

not worth anything at all

By they look so cool man
Also, I thought they were really necesary when having "serious" game sessions.

nah dude, nobody needs that shit

realistically if you play pathfinder, you'll use roll20

He could play in person you know

>in person
>he posts on Veeky Forums

Come on now

Only one game left. Soon we'll be free.

Should the -2 Char for tieflings be portrayed due their lack of social graces, or should it be done as some kind of supernatural repulsion?

>unironically the meme is real in 2017
When we had a 130% spike in traffic after the election from Reddit (r/t_d was a /pol/ '''colony''') and Youtube (where /pol/ made videos explicitly mentioning Veeky Forums and linking their 'epic' thread) and Facebook and Twitter (where they advertised) do you really think we're still in 2007?

LINNORMGAME SOON, FRIEND

But really it feels like the age of memegames has come to a short end.

More will come. We'll never be free.

>thinking anyone that comes to Veeky Forums lives a fulfilling life

that traffic spike was just more finding their home here.

>their home
Ah yes spamming their shit frog and forced MAGA memes, truly it was always -their- home.

I mean luckily thats mostly just /pol/

I don't feel bad for /pol/

>unironically believing this
Hahahamake them leave.

Didn't /pol/ drop Trump like a toxic tomato after he bombed Syria?

this is the future you chose

No I didn't
I didn't participate or encourage Chanology for ebin internet activism
I didn't start a only-somewhat ironic religion and "independent" country for teh lulz XXDDDDDDDxdD
I didn't make a fucking reddit sub to 'redpill' them only to become culturally enriched myself, and then let the cancer spread to all the other major boards and some of the smaller ones too
/pol/ didn't belong on Veeky Forums to begin with

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE user

NO HOPE

Shut the fuck up with the pol shit you autistic nerd

I need your help to answer an important question, /pfg/:
Is it pedophilia to have a 50-year-old elf as your waifu?

Nah. Only elves would consider it questionable, but it's not like they're prepubescent at 50 or anything. Even if it would be pedophilia, it's not rape if it's an elf.

It depends how you interpret their aging. 110 years old for adulthood could easily mean that unless you're just that cunting old, you're just a fokken whippersnapper, not literally a child, and have been sexually mature for 90+ years. Of course you also have the honestly stupid bug-larva hypothesis.

>Only elves would consider it questionable
Would they even though? I find it pretty hard to believe that an elf girl high on teenager hormones for the next hundred years is going to honestly say no to the big strong orc raiding her village.

A question for DM:s, regarding equipment/magic items/acquisition:

How do you arbitrate the acquisition of items? Do you just let the players basically grab whatever they can afford at the base price, or are you more reasonable or restricted about it, depending on location, origin of the items, availability, etc.?

Because sometimes it really sounds like players are completely free to grab whatever whenever, and I dunno, that just sounds fucking weird to me.

>Would they even though?
I dunno, I mean, elves clearly don't consider 50 adult, no matter how we explain it, so if we're talking actual waifu here, I would assume that they'd question it, yeah.

If we were talking sexing shit here, or what elves would call flings or whatever, I think that'd be up in the air, but actual life-commitment at 50, before you're adult? Yeah, I think that'd be considered questionable.

>I find it pretty hard to believe that an elf girl high on teenager hormones for the next hundred years is going to honestly say no to the big strong orc raiding her village.
That assumes a lot about elven cultural norms and biology. There's no guarantee that they're on some kind of hormonal high for upwards 100 years.

And also, an orc raiding their village would be pretty much the same like a literal gorilla raiding a human town. Does that get you hot and bothered? Would it have, when you were 15 or whatever?

The way I generally do it is there's the "normal" magic mart with fitting-to-setting-and-tradition items (no Amulets of Protection from Fire in the land of eternal winter for example) and then there's high quality shit (double +4s or +6s) that even big cities don't have on the regular you put up comissions for, and a week later some guy from the next city over will say "I'm willing to take it, are you coming here to retrive the item or am I going to blow two Teleports to get it to you?"

Yeah that's not how it worked in old societies. The point at which you got married and the point at which you weren't a whippersnapper cunt weren't really the same. A king getting sucked off by his maid at 12 or 13 wasn't a big deal, fucking his wife at 15-16 while she was 14 could be normal (remember people went through puberty way later back then too - 14 is barely pubescent). But that's not to say he's an ADULT. Sure that's about right for not needing a regent but like fuck people are going to honestly see him like an adult, he's still in the teenager zone of transitioning.

>and have been sexually mature for 90+ years.
Yeah, but the usual age of consent in our world is above the age of sexual maturity.
Elves could realistically see the age of consent as about 100 years, seeing anyone below that as too immature to decide on such things.

The "Age of Consent" is a rather modern conception that I somehow doubt exists in Pathfinder, based on a strange mixture of society from the Classical to the Mid-Renaissance. Generally speaking the big no-no back then was raping a person period, or else fucking a person who was straight up prepubescent (i.e. actual pedophilia not hebephilia or whatever the fuck). Ages of adulthood and ages of consent also sometimes differed wildly - in Japan (I think lifted from China maybe), you were a 'man' at 15, but only a Man at 20. Hell, elves are Chaotic - free-willed, semiwandering, and individualistic as per pathfinder lore, so I get the feeling they're the type to say "As long as they love each other why does it matter hun?"

The age of "consent" back then was the age you could start having kids, as womanhood was determined by your period. Needless to say, this could be anything from 13 to 18 depending on nutrition. Usually 13-15, and you were expected (or at least, people hoped) you would have a kid or three before 21.

Which is my point, it wasn't actually a seperate hard line from your 'soft' line of first bleeding or whatever the hell else an elf does when she goes into heat, maybe her ears start wiggling uncontrollably.

>maybe her ears start wiggling uncontrollably.
That sounds adorable.

>all the really good combat buffs can only be used by casters
>when the last thing casters want to do is get into melee

I get that its a balance thing but why couldnt they make at least some of the spells affect martials? Literally no fun allowed

Literally Haste.

Mage Armor, Haste, Enlarge Person...
If you're talking shit like Mirror Image and Blur well

It's not that unreasonable of a houserule to say that all spells that target self become touch Range instead.

>Astral Projection becomes touch range

Let me rephrase, the really neat buffs like form of the dragon and the like.

Literally Brown Fur Transmuter.
Look it up.

...Polymorph?

Because you're a dude with a sword who probably can't even crops after the fighting is over, the other guy wields phenomenal arcane power and bends the entire world to suit his own needs.

This attitude is literally everything wrong with 3.x, though.
Levels are explicitly a measure of power.
If a level 10 wizard isn't on par with a level 10 fighter, it's a failure of the system

To be fair, Fighters are now already on par or surpassing Wizards in actual combat, which is why I don't understand people who think Fighters NEED FotD, Elemental Body, or Undead Anatomy. Wizards do their controller shit well but not much else in straight combat, blaster wizards are like, a novelty after you've done Quickened Stinking Cloud -> Black Tentacles and all that jazz; like all other fullcasters their 'problem' lies in their out of combat flexibility, which is why I don't understand what PoW is trying to do.

I agree with you, senpai, I'm not the guy who demanded buffs like FotD for fighters.
Heck, I think PoW is dumb because it mostly gives combat shit while that's the last thing martials need.

at the very least the Veiled Moon Discipline allows me to mechanically live out my Dream of playing a Swordsman who is so good at his craft he can casually cut a rift in space and walk through it.

I imagine the problem rises because fighters and wizards are actually balanced when limited to dungeon dives even if you let him summon stuff, with out-of-combat limited to downtime and buying items, which believe it or not is somehow still a popular way to play, I see it all the time in clubs and stuff. The issue is that because the Wizard's entire repitoire is almost explicitly 'use your imagination ;^)', when out of combat it becomes godlike. Prestidigitation can't really do much in a cave, for example, beyond cleaning mundane scent stains, and Mage Hand can't really do much but grab a sword off a ledge or move the coin you cast Light on so you don't need a torch. Out of combat or in intrigue situations? Well, let's just say it's no surprise Startoad hates the Power Word.
You'll note I did not include rogues as balanced.

I've got a +10 in Profession (Farmer) though.

When can I cast truly Epic spells? Greater Wish when?

Be Mythic, get a Miracle SLA.
>Alternatively, a cleric can make a very powerful request. Casting such a miracle costs the cleric 25,000 gp in powdered diamond because of the powerful divine energies involved. Examples of especially powerful miracles of this sort could include the following:

>Swinging the tide of a battle in your favor by raising fallen allies to continue fighting.
>Moving you and your allies, with all your and their gear, from one plane to a specific locale through planar barriers with no chance of error.
>Protecting a city from an earthquake, volcanic eruption, flood, or other major natural disaster.
>In any event, a request that is out of line with the deity’s (or alignment’s) nature is refused.

As you are your own deity, the request is always fulfilled.
As it's a SLA, you also don't have to pay the cost.

Dead game, dead thread, dead inside.

How would you justify wearing pic related on a character?

It's cleric vestments for a specific order of clerics, maybe Shelyn?

>Fuck you, I'll wear what I goddamn want.
There, outfit justified.

What kind of mindset is required for a character to chose/adopt/become a Slayer? How should it be reflected in its behaivour?

What are the best races and why are they elves and half-elves?

Because they're the masterrace.

Because they are adorable when bullied.