Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Manlets Get Out Edition

>Veeky Forumshammer 40k discord server
discord.gg/VcZNNd4

>FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Squatted harder than Slaanesh

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Orks are a melee race!
>...
I2 THIS

First for the Dark Mechanicum!

Anata wa honō ni yotte shinudeshou

I'm confused about points and shit say I have a warboss. Do I have to buy his kustom shoota, big choppa and stikk bombs. Could I choose to drop the stikkbombs? Same with Trukks, could I just not buy the shoota or do I have to buy it?

Wouldn't 3 xv9 battlesuits be better than 3 triple flamer suits?
It's still 16 shots per suit and they all get ap -1 with targeting systems.

Have any dark angel players experimented with azrael and a shit ton of greenwing. I would think massed MEQ with a 4+ invuln would be good

its better offensively, but worse defensively.
3 flamer crisis basically give 9 HP to a nearby Quad fusion Commander

If it comes with it you have to pay. You can't choose to drop shit.

don´t chars in 8th got equips already build in points?

You have to buy all the wargear it says that the unit has, you can't drop stuff.

these threads have been flooded with tau and enclaves the last few threads, so much for hanging up the riptide wings and jumping to orruks

tbbc hazards are pretty decent dakka and dont need to be homing beaconed in

Only named characters listed in their own box in the point values section. It wil explicitly say (includes wargear) in their list.

Unique Characters and characters who are the only ones with access to certain war gear yes. Everyone else no.

CEASE

What happened with user who wanted to rip and upload list builder?

How would one Flash Gitz?

Nani? Taigun o tomeru dake.

Come a little closer.

Hai, watashi wa totemo chikaku ni kurudeshou. Watashi wa anata ga atsui no ga sukida to omoimasu.

>When you lose 30 stormboyz in one turn to a single C'tan

We've faced worse than you.

I just got to work. Had a browse through the last thread when I woke up, will go through it to see if the Dark Eldar dude who has the page saved from his loaded tab uploaded it anywhere.
Need to play with it and see what can be done to ensure we get the data sources for 8th loaded in, otherwise it defaults to 7th.
Might just need to tweak something.

That's a lot of 6's to roll.

Īe, anata wa shite imasen.

I wonder if torchstar will get some unique wargear
Standard Crisis can already have triflamers

This picture summarizes why I like the Guard. See those demons? I am gonna attack them with my sword.

Holla at me if you get any info, i have some knowledge of js and HTML.

A flyer with supersonic-
I rotate it 90° at the start of the move phase, this moves the widest extremity of the hull ~3 inches, i then can move a further 17" to achieve my minimum move of 20".

This is correct yes?

do the rules say you get a free 90 degree turn?

1 dead to you is a preventable tragedy
100 dead to us is a noble sacrifice

Ah, they do. So the pivot move is free.

If you are 100% dead, you might as well go out with style.

its mandatory

Yeah it's all good, as many people poking this thing individually will hopefully mean we all pull an understanding of it out.
I've got to drive to do some support work at another office in 20 minutes (1.5 hour drive away...) and will not be able to have a browse on Veeky Forums when I take a break in 4 hours, if our user with the files shows up, hopefully he's created a cloud storage account and uploaded it, or found an anonymous upload site that Veeky Forums doesn't filter.
If plenty of people grab the files off him, the diminishes the chance of them getting lost.

Sextuple flamers.
You even have sex in the name to boot.
Or you can be boring and do 4 double barreled flamers for 8d6 flamer hits.

Why can't you just use battlescribe, or a pen and paper, like everyone else.

Heavy flamers you mean

>8d6 flamer

Aiiiiiiiiiiii
Dropping 28 hits average just roast everything

Torch star is dead, an Eversor killed em. GW got annoyed by the memes.

Why do you need to question someone's choice of tools? If they wanna get this thing back available for people, how is that negatively affecting you?

You could also tackle their choice of sandwich or favourite weather as well.

Sure I can sand my house walls with sand paper, but a power sander makes the job quicker and easier so I can get on with enjoying a nicely decorated house.

Some people like using battlescibe, some rather dislike it.

I can site down and use pen and paper or draw up an Excel spreadsheet for an army list, but it takes a bit longer and less convenient. Some people prefer that.

Just let people get on with what they want to do? I don't think anyone's forcing you to use the list builder.

After many years I wanna get back into 40k. So I'm happily building my list and looking at models to buy and it hits me:

(Venerable Space Wolves) Dreadnoughts don't come with TLAC arms.

Forgeworld has them, but expensive (for weapons that should really be in the kit).
Come across Deredeo dread with his sexy autocannons.

Question: Do Deredeo arms easily fit on a regular dreadnought?
Is there a better option?

But the list builder being ressurected didn't even have a full dataset, and was less functional than battlescribe, i don't understand the desparation to raise ti from the dead?

you dont take triflamers bodyguards for optimal offensiveness.
You take them because you advance everyturn without and autohit.
They also give you 2drones/suit and 3W for nearby commander.
Effectively, eavh suit + drones give you 5 HP to your FusionCommander

44th for Eldar Corsairs are shit

I converted the quad gun from the aegis defense line.
You could just plop the two halves on as the arms, but they will be small and unarmored.

Cut the lascannons off the dreadnought twin linked lascannon right arm and then the bottom half off a melee arm leaving only the shoulder. Glued the autocannons on each side and then filled in with Greenstuff.

First motorcar was clunky and unreliable.
I am sure people said "why you dont just use horses like everyone else"

Fuck Forgeworld! Ruined my army!

Yeah, and by bringing back the list builder, you're trying to bring back the first autocar, when we live in the era of the train (battlescribe). It would be better to invest time into building the airplane (batlescribe+++ or a new system entirely).
I mena shit its just a database with some counters.

What the fuck were they thinking? :(

False

What are Orks' best counter to the Riptide?Flash Gitz? Lootas? Tankbustas? Or just Rokkits in general? My friend's Riptide always gives me a bad time.

hmm. i recently got the cadian hostile environment command squad. is there any real reason for me to run the commander with his modeled power fist?

my go to antiarmor strat is to load up tankbustas in a trukk, if you can afford the points throw a big mek in there for the force field and repairs. the tankbustas ability to reroll misses against vehicles is REALLY strong and base 3 damage is scary

Tervigon with claws
Broodlord
5 genstealers
30 termagants 10 witch devorer
3 Hive guards
Tyrannocyte with venom cqnnon
Carnifex with claws and devorer
4 ripper swarms

1000 against Space marines is it ok?

Smother him in his sleep with a pillow.
Not sure if they still overcharge their shields with the tractor?
If so, mass fire on turn 1 before he can do that. Either lots of boys and get them 6s or mass rockit fire

You can order Fix Bayonets to an infantry squad if they're already in combat with MEQs and charge him in to help clean up/actually do damage. I wouldn't exactly call it plan A but he'd probably be able to go toe-to-toe with baseline infantry and sergeants and the like; just be sure to keep him away from any of their real characters, or in a more general sense anything scarier than a Marine sergeant, really.

Toss Rippers, get more Genestealers.

Take the Claws off the Tervigon and the Fex. If you can't at least PLAY them as Scything Talons. Hitting on 5+ is NOT fun.

For the same reason, stat the Devourers on the Carnifex as Deathspitters.

Other than that, decent list.

>5 Genestealers

Why even bother

>Broodlord
To buff a grand total of 5 genestealers? run a Tervigon instead, unless you up the genestealer count.

>5 genstealers
Wut? either run 15-20 or don't run them at all.

>Tyrannocyte with venom cqnnon
>Carnifex with claws and devorer
Tha's a lot of points to deliver a fex.

Anyone know why Defilers can no longer be bought? I really fucking need one.

How do I make my opponent maneuver his Nephilim Jet Fighter straight off the table?

A bunch of shit is out of stock, probably getting reboxed with 8th edition out.

Make him go drunk?

I want drop the genstealers in Tyrannocyte :p

Make a bubble so that he has no other direction but to go off the table or violate the 1" rule. Good luck with that though.

I'm not trying to get laid, I'm trying to get that fucking flying unit off the table.

Read The Fucking Manual, scrub.

been hitting the refresh button for like a week here friend, does anyone know if they're even any good this time? I've mostly just been wanting to paint one.

We're not getting a 7/7/17 Death Guard release are we....

Yeah, it's insanely difficult and likely impossible. It's one of the only ways to do it though.

Either way what's so fucking hard about shooting some shitty plane off the board?

tervigon terma hiveguard is good.
Use more genestealer however

maybe a proper announcement at least? it's been since fucking March man I can't do this much longer

おい!偽タウ帰れ!

What's the point of putting Burnas on Kommandos if you're out of range the turn you come in?

God I hope they port the heresy stuff over to 8th, i hate not being able to play my armies

I just want a new GUO...

It's not difficult. It's literally pointless.

As per the rules, flying units completely ignore terrain and other models during movement. They can fly straight over your bubble.

Take 900 conscripts and literally cover the board so the flyer cant stop anywhere and is destroyed

>Either way what's so fucking hard about shooting some shitty plane off the board?
It takes more shots to take it down than its point value justifies, but at the same time, it has too much firepower to ignore completely.

Sounds good. I might get one myself.

Free power swords.

Is a Nobz box having enough spare bitz to convert the pic related into a warboss on warbike? Basically I need something to work as two dakkaguns and stick it to the boar and I found of that it's cheaper to buy an orruk warboss kit and box of nobz than buying a Warboss Grukk's Boss-Mob

Are plague drones better as a 3 man unit or 6 man unit?

I have robute guilliman unbuilt should I just get 2 of the dark imperium sides of the primeris marines and call it a day for a 2000 point list

Enough spare arms to make 3,4 more nobz.

>warboss on warbike
>warbike
>not a snakebite warboss on a boar
nigga get the fuck outta here with that weak shit

>HQ
Warboss w/Attack Squig, Power Klaw, Kombi-Skorcha
Weirdboy w/Da Jump
Weirdboy w/Da Jump

>TROOPS
29 x Boyz w/Slugga & Choppa, 1 Boss Nob w/PK

>ELITES
12 x Kommandos, 1 Boss Nob w/Big Choppa, 2 Kommandos w/Burna
4 x Nobz w/Big Choppas and Kombi-Skorchas, 1 Boss Nob w/PK and Kombi-Skorcha
4 x Nobz w/Big Choppas and Kombi-Skorchas, 1 Boss Nob w/PK and Kombi-Skorcha
2 x Nobz on Bike, 1 w/Choppa, 1 w/Big Choppa, 1 Boss Nob on Bike w/Power Klaw

>DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Trukk
Trukk

How will this list fare against blue commie xenos?

Also posted this in the wrong thread at first, fuck me

It won't be a great army, but it's efficient shekel allocation.

Seriously. I know there are Terminators coming soon (tm) but I have no idea what kind of Terminators and how they would fit into the army. The pic that was leaked looked like a Terminator holding a Plaguespitter but that doesn't say anything about their standard armament.

The dude with the flail may either be from a melee-centric Plague Marine unit (because lets face it, Plague Marines suck ass in melee) or a new Character.

Then there's supposedly a bigger Daemon Engine coming and apparently Mortarion.

I just have no fucking clue how to build my Dark Imperium stuff into an army because 90% of said army hasn't even been announced yet.

Sup Veeky Forums

I have a 1750 tournament coming up that has banned FW and more than 2 detachments.
I want to use things that I would never have taken in 7th, so I'm thinking:
Prince, Talonsx2, Wings, MoT
Chaos lord
2x Helbrute with Scourge, Autocannons
3x Defiler with Scourge, autocannons
3x Maulerfiend with Tendrils
at 1750pts

user, I promise you I'm gonna greenstuff a exhaust pipe from this boar ass and I will make a vroom-vroom noises every time I move it - just don't be mad at me

They're good either way. Pretty much nothing can kill even a 3 strong squad in one turn. However, I would only ever use an icon in a 5+ strong squad because the icon is way too expensive to waste on a smaller squad.

Have you considered a Gore-Grunta?

It look like he's poor, user.

>exhaust pipe from this boar ass
user i think that constitutes as rape
if you're that deadset on a bike put tusks on it in homage to the piggo you forsook in its favor.

There was a leaked picture of the Termies? Can you post it?

Are manlets and cowlets the only races without a respawn mechanic?

Yeah, but buying a single one is a pain in the ass in my area. Also I'm thinking about this conversion mainly because LGS is selling out some old shit for 50-60% of basic prices and box of nobz and warboss kit will cost me the 1/2 of Grukk's Boss-Mob box.
Also what this user said - it will make me save some shekels for more waaagh stuff