/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Legendary Edition

Season 8 Veeky Forums Fumbbl League is underway.
Legendary Edition news.
Meme leagues underway.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.focus-home.com/topic/19/blood-bowl-2-legendary-edition-announcement
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=984095
thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/new-box-news/
twitter.com/BloodBowl_Game/status/882908294486134784
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=984305
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Glart-Smashrip-2017
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=984774
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=984834
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are there any major changes with the new release of Bloodbowl?

here's latest full major info on Legendary Edition
forums.focus-home.com/topic/19/blood-bowl-2-legendary-edition-announcement

Cant wait to see that chainsaw go to town on knife ears.

I meant the GW release.

Nothing to core rules.

PO is now nerfed to oblivion, costs a rRR for each body slam.

New Stars

Two new positions for goblins

Gold rolls where past 100k gold you can lose money to accodents. Only really bad post 200k where you can lose half of your money.

300k you may lose nearly everything.

Oh, there's like a handful of changes to the core rules (new mvp rules, PO nerf, no wizard, new inducement rules) and then there's a whole load of crazy ass stuff on the deathzone supplements

the 2016 stuff and deathzone supplements is on the OP's mega

Am I the only one who can't wait for Legendary Edition only for the Mercenary teams?
I just want to mix stuff

Remove Crab when?

Bump

So we can all agree that BB:CE>BB2?

Bb2 LE will >>>> BB:CE

Here's hoping

It's a tough call for me even with BB2 in its present incomplete state. As much as I love the teams and features in BB:CE, the UI really was clunky and bothersome.

Playing BB:CE again after BB2 is like visiting that filthy, disorganised sharehouse you used to live in before you moved out into a clean modern place of your own. Sure, your housemates had a huge library of games and movies they let you use anytime but the disrepaired rooms were dreary and the couches always had a dusting of crumbs that managed to survive the occasional half-hearted cleaning attempt.

Same, I want a team of 16 minotaurs

I know it's a joke but imagine a team of 11 mummies with block and guard

surprise double feature

Rod's Retirement Rodeo vs Dancers of the Eclipse

and

Rod's Retirement Rodeo vs Dancers of the Eclipse

thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/new-box-news/

Genuine question:
Why are Orcs so overpowered?
>can outrobust most other teams
>can also play the ball

average movement is 5

Bump

claw

because they aren't. you're just bad. Use movement to outperform them. If playing a slow team, make clever use of your stronger pieces and remove orcs.

>Removing orcs

Fucking hell user, too real man. Too real.

CLAW

The only thing CE has over nu-legendary is teams, so there's no way it won't clear that bar unless the new features are actually broken.

Or rather, the only thing it has over BB2 is teams, so nu-legendary ought to clear the bar easily.

it's called fouling you dimwit

no bully

Just hit them lots!

twitter.com/BloodBowl_Game/status/882908294486134784

So this is the draw of Cyanide BB, huh

GAME OF THE YEAR

Is anyone else a bit pissed that you can't change the difficulty in AI Leagues?
Sometimes I just want to grow teams up a bit and dick around and other times I want a real challenge yet the shitty shit is always on Medium

Medium is the hardest one though.

?????????????
Do you have problems with the AI?

Sometimes he'll get lucky rolls and ruin important players and I have to quit

If we upgrade to legendary, do we unlock also the team pack (Norse, Chorfs and such) or are we stuck with base game+expansion teams but not those?

Rolled 4 (1d6)

gfi

:skull_crossbones:Sylvania Slayers:skull_crossbones: vs Badland Badmoon Battalion
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=984305

Hey I need miniatures of that entire team in OP PRONTO.

get a 3d printer

If buy legendary you get the entire package, if you upgrade to legendary you only get the new legendary content and will still need to buy the other documents teams.

Fart Kickflip is up on Forge World's site if you really want to pre-order a thicc miscast hunk of resin for £18 plus postage.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Glart-Smashrip-2017

Why is the AI so batshit awful playing Wood Elves? Every game I play against WE half their team is either injured or dead by the end of the game. Not to mention those knocked out

The AI is awful at everything.

I found it okay on bashy teams like Orks, Undead and Norsca(not so much Chaos) but it completely fails at Elves, especially Wood Elves.

Yet to see the AI use hypno gaze whenever it takes Eldril or plays vampires.

>Legendary Edition news.
So, what's new?
Read the rest of OP and didn't find shit

second post of the thread

Well, I'm an idiot, anything new other than the 3 extra screenshots?

I got something new
still no release date

Rolled 2 (1d6)

gfi

bump

I got Blood Bowl 2 on the steam sale but couldn't refund it because I went an hour and five minutes over their 2-hour refund limit. How do I make the game fun and not want to commit arson in Seattle?

Play Undead to get the ropes of it
They're easy to learn and on top of that you rarely lose players

Choose a beginner friendly team. Dwarfs, Orcs or Undead are great. Also check blood bowl tutorials.

My friend has been obsessed with Cathay for years in Warhammer and was looking to make a blood bowl team for them. Would anyone know a choice of minus he could buy and what team would best suit them stat wise?

I showed him the fumbbl team but he wanted to proxy an official team instead. He mainly thought humans but also was considering others.

Any suggestions?

Humans for sure. The fumbbl one is garbage.

seconding just humans,as or minis any hystorical minis he likes will work, we know nothing of cathay beyond its hystorical inspiration so just go with that.

Humans, maybe amazons.

Thanks. Guess I will have a root for asian historicals.

He has a very romantiscized version of Cathay ala Journey to the West and living terakkotas if thats of any assistance for the type of thing he is into.

>start a Chaos team
>want to dick around with the AI to get the feel of it
>Wood Elves
>didn't injure or knock out a single player
>barely got any "Defender Down"
>only stunned 3 players the whole match
>meanwhile the AI ko'd two goatmen
>stunned three chaos warriors too
>stunned endless goatmen
>never failed a single dodge
>while I never successfully dodged a 3+
>always got either "Defender Down" or "Defender Stumbles" when rolled for 1 dice
>ko'd one goatmen with 2 red dice
>meanwhile I got 2 red skulls with a reroll TWICE
>picked up the ball twice when it was surrounded by my men
>my goatmen kept fumbling the damn thing
>still only won 1-0 because the AI is stupid
Thank God I didn't have a Mino.
I'd have ragequit if it wasn't so fucking hilarious. I can't imagine this happening online though, I'd probably punch a hole through my computer

95% done making my Lizardmen team.

Took them to a league today, first tabletop league I've ever played in. TV1100, every team got 5 free normal skills to start with. 3 minute turns.

I took
-Krox
-6 Saurii (5 with block)
-4 skinks
Each player had a cheesier name than the last, the most important part of the roster.

>Game 1 vs. Undead
Opponent had guard mummies and blodge ghouls. His minis were unpainted and unbased, made it very hard to tell his zombies apart from his mummies. Since I was not used to tabletop leagues I got murdered on 'illegal procedure' mistakes, costing me re-rolls 3 or four times in the game. Worse, my opponent told me that he also got a re-roll every time he accurately called illegal procedure, which I since read was not the case. Injured a ghoul, suffered injuries on a skink and a saurus. Stupidly, I read the casualty table wrong and though they missed next game instead of just missing this game.
Won 1-0.

>Game 2 vs. Dwarfs
Dwarfs had 5 guard linemen. The poor dwarf player failed to pick up the ball 6 times at the start with his runners, including re-rolls. He took too many risks and GFIs and burned through his re-rolls quick as well. I had the upper hand, taking the ball in turn 4 during his drive. He took a phone call and got some rough news about a personal issue, after which point his heart wasn't in the game. After my second touchdown we agreed he could concede early without penalties. Won 2-0, got no injuries and suffered some negligible injuries myself. Got more fan-factor, bought a journeyman skink that scored a touchdown.

(cont.)

>Game 3 vs. Humans
After the last game a saurus got mighty blow and a skink got side-step.
Humans had an Ogre with guard, 3 blitzers with guard 1 with tackle, and a catcher and a thrower each had block.

Fairly uneventful game. Careful play from both sides, but started with ref moving the clock forwards on my drive. I hesitated too much in my drive and kept my skink in a surrounded cage rather than making a break for it. I ran out of time to score. Strangely, there were about 5 armour breaks in the entire first half, all stuns, even though we were averaging at least 4 blocks each per turn.

My opponent's drive in the second half started well, forming a solid cage and marking most of my saurii in positions where they couldn't stop the cage. I forced them towards the side of the pitch, then set up a skink screen to slow their advance with a saurus blitzing here and there. This was great at delaying the action long enough for my other saurii to dislodge themselves from the fights around the pitch and get to the action, after which point they ground their way towards the ball carrier. At turn 15 the ball carrier tried a desperate throw which succeeded, but the catcher got blitzed down next turn and I put lots of tackle zones on the ball. I'd knocked out a lot of players and had control of the pitch, but again not enough time to run down and score. The newly hired skink was injured and killed, a saurus badly hurt a lineman. 0-0 draw.

Aside from a few quibbles it was a great day.

Lessons learned:
- Guard is awesome
- It's good to use coloured rubber bands to mark skills on miniatures (yellow for dodge, green for block etc.) since it saves so much time asking when you've only got 3 minute turns
- Be extremely wary of illegal procedures, but they don't necessarily give your opponent re-rolls
- Kroxigors are firstly for clogging up players, secondly for punching.
- everyone likes nu-MVP
- starting with block on saurii is amazing

>everyone likes nu-MVP
triggered

Deadline Dodgers vs Brockley Blizzard

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=984774

Pitch Invasion at +2 fame to kick us off

Are there any good reasons not to like it? I suppose it would help teams like nurgle and chaos develop their killers faster, but if you're playing with nu-MVP you're playing with nerfed piling-on as well.

Seems to me that nu-MVP works better conceptually, since it was always weird when a punching bag zombie got MVP while the players doing the real work didn't.

And it's more rewarding for coaches too. One might have lost 3-0, had their best player die to Throw a Rock, been unable to pick up the ball all game, injured his 2 runners on GFIs- but at least the MVP will go to a player that matters. Its far more rewarding when you can see progress on players you care about.

It's also a godsend to Ogres who would have MVPs wasted most of the time.

Why does BB2 give such little rewards for winning? Bashy teams can coast through leagues easily because even if they don't win they still grow. Meanwhile squishy teams get fucked, because a goal is almost never worth an injury.
I hope in LE2 losing teams get no MVP at all.

Today at 19:00 server time (a.k.a. 2.5 hours from now), Picchan's Precious Memories will take on Jump in the Trunk to see who will remain undefeated.

What is the difference in BB2?

I've never played the tabletop
You only get 3 pps per goal and the only thing you get from winning is a reroll on gold won

Those are the normal rules. It's not going to change. Try playing in a league where winning actually matters, perpetual leagues are pretty pointless.

My Slaan teams inability to stop scoring has led me to a final against a Chaos Dwarf team. Send help or advice please.

SCE team when?

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=984834
Picchan's Precious Memories vs. Jump In The Trunk.

Sounds sweet man. Looks like you found your groove with the lizardmen. Good job!

Illegal procedure is a bit of a miffed rule but well done stopping the undead despite all that. Im not a fan of it either.

Wish my LGS had a league scene but ah well. Keep us updated how things go.

I HAVE ASCENDED

bump

Bump

The winner also gets an extra 10k. So, it's (D6 (rerollable) + FF + 1) x 10k for the winner and (D6 + FF) x 10k for the loser.

Is new GW chaos pack any good?

I want to make it because the variety of miniatures (I mean make a elf, ork, skaven, goblin, human and 3 big guys looks like they are in the same a team seems like a good challenge) but the team any good?

For the moment i will use ungors as human renegades (because I used to have beastmen and I never did anything whit those ungors), a ork boy as orc (from black reach, but I was thinking on use a 2ed ork from the starter box, those funny horned ones, I'm not sure yet), a Minotaur, a snorting from some ogre bits as goblins and a friend is going to give me a skaven (possibly from island of blood) an a wood elf (or maybe high i don't know yet) and a old ogre (possibly metal) and the cost for the new team is $0 ... for now and not considering a new brush that I MUST buy soon

So yeah ungors don't look like liners but I like the idea of ungors go renegades against they beastlord

So where do I get a reasonable price troll? Or should I go for the black pass fire troll on eBay or should I forget the troll and go ogre + Mino

Pic related, the team roster from DZ2

Chaos renegades
Pact was from LRB 6

pact is good when it gets some skills. if you want to minmax it then the minotaur is probably not worth it, nor the skaven. but pact really only suffers early on when they have no skills

>Two new positions for goblins

Wait wut?

Chainsaw, ball n chain, bomber and pogo stick are all i see. and they have had those for years.

Let me guess. you were playing on the hardest setting?

because while the AI dose get better on a harder setting. the thing that makes it "hard" is you flub dice rolls while the AI makes 5+ actions like they are 2+ and rolls double pow's with a 2 dice uphill block.

>TV1100, every team got 5 free normal skills to start with.

Jesus its likes they just wanted to hand the games to lizardmen. because the only thing helping other teams vs fresh lizards is the lack of block on all that move 6 strength 4 bullshit you get.

they get a doom diver, which is a normal goblin except when you ttm it can't scatter back on you, only forewards. so it's good for 1ttds. the other is a normal goblin with disturbing presence and fan favorite for 70k, so it's pretty trash

I was playing in an AI League, which is Hard by default and you can't change it
I've never had any trouble beating it other than the first week or two of playing so I thought it'd be a cakewalk.

>perpetual leagues are pretty pointless.

Unless you like building a team of all stars. watching them climb in ranks from rookie to superstar with 5 or 6 skills. Keeping a tally on how many kills, TD's, passes ect ect ect each player gets.

Short run leagues are ok. but i take pride in the teams i have in the on going league that are sitting at over 2,000,000 in value.

In the table top game or the PC game?

tabletop and i'd assume pc as well

Are the doom diver and fancy gobo star players or something?

I dont have deathzone season 2 in hand but im not seeing anything saying they can get them on their roster and even the rules download on the GW pages dosent show them.

Nope.

they're positionals

Well dang. now im gonna have to pick up season 2.

What exactly dose "swoop" do?

What exactly dose "swoop" do?
On a throw team mate the gobbo scatters 3xd3 instead of 3xd8
so you can actually "aim" a cage or always fly to the endzone

Hi everybody,
I have a question about fumbbl Veeky Forums league:
this season are the top 8 teams going to play-off or top 16 teams?
I thought it was top 8 teams, but after my last match opponent comment, I have a doubt :)