Bonfire lit

You're a guy who tells anime posters talking about fantasy to go to /a/, huh?

And across from the bonfire you find a Ring of Regal Bones, disguising you as a skeleton as log as you wear it, but heavy attacks will cause knockdown. Friendly NPCs might try to attack you, but nonboss skeletons will not.

[]Not lit
[]Lit
[]LIT
[X]ABSOLUTELY SICK

What is the point of this struggle? We continue on and on only to be harried by our hollowed forefathers. Would it not be best to continue our unlife without care? To leave our state of false hope? Truly our hollowed breathren are the most blessed among us.

Good, you're gonna need it.

remove londor REMOVE LONDOR

DARKFAGS GET OUT

Gwyn did nothing wrong.

He did literally everything wrong. There was never supposed to be light, man was supposed to be one with the dark.

The Gods are pieces of shit

But the Dark is even worse. And Man is just trash.

Age of Fire is the least worst option. And that's depressing.

Gwyn is a piece of shit, the age of humanity is now old man

The problem wasn't the dark itself, it's that Gwyn fucked up so bad with his shitty paranoia and essentially domesticating humans with his backhanded bullshit, humans could no longer control the darkness within them. He basically broke the universe with his dumb faggotry and the beginning of the age of dark will be complete shit until either things settle and people relearn to be one with their dark soul or humans never relearn their own ancient arts and the dark age is complete shit from almost start to finish until something else comes to end the dark age.

Right. Which is why Pontiff Sulyvahn tried to use the Age of Deep stuff to lull man back to the dark.

I've seen your kind. Time and time again. Every fleeing man must be caught. Every secret must be unearthed. Such is the conceit of the self-proclaimed seeker of truth.

But in the end, you lack the stomach, for the agony that you'll bring upon yourself.

And you died alone in the snow. So take that and shove it.

Meh, doesn't make me any less right. Gwyn IS a piece of shit and humanity WAS supposed to take over. And judging by the ringed city dlc, the dark age wouldn't have been bad at all if not for Gwyn. He messed it up and made the universe goes all phyco

No matter how tender, how exquisite, a lie will remain a lie.

Well it's too late now, let's keep the Fire burning.

If the Dark must go out of control, let's fucking make it GO THE FUCK OUT OF CONTROL

Is that Gantz or is that from somewhere else?

The bosses and stuff are OK, but the real shit you would want in a DS game isn't in there, like mechanics for the undead/bonfires.

>having trouble with Mildred

>There are undead out there who want to rekindle the flame
>There are undead out there who want the world to fall into darkness
>There are undead out there who DON'T want to become the next gods and usurp the fire
It gives my conniptions.

This is hentai isn't it

Delete this

Not the guy who posted it, but why? It's cool and this is still a /tg board. We should have some conversation about table top games.

yep

ShindoL, same guy who did that really depressing doujin about the tomoko-like girl who started slutting herself up for popularity and ends up whoring herself out, raped by her dad, addicted to drugs, pregnant and miscarries before dying out in the street

It's a meme. One from twitter

I'm pretty sure that at least the Ashen One is autistic.

>Fire is fading, oh shit, Ashen One wake the fuck up
>Every tells the Ashen One that he has to link the fire to stop the world from going to shit
>Ashen One stomps across half a godforsaken continent
>Kills all the greatest heroes of known history
>'Okay now light the flame'
>Proceeds to do absolutely nothing, sits in the Kiln with his waifu for an indeterminate amount of time as the flame goes out

Why even bother with all that other stuff?

>man was supposed to be one with the dark.

Dude, I've been to Ooacile so I know just how much the DARK SUCKS.

Abyss is to the dark as chaos is to the flame

Because you're basically becoming the Dark Lord of sorts when you just let the fire fade, like you do in Dark Souls 1. I.E, you still gotta be a tough motherfucker to ensure someone doesn't try to stomp your shit in and get those sparks cooking again.

To become strong enough to stop anyone else from lighting the flame, I guess? That or maybe the ashen one went from "buying into the whole thing" to "calling bullshit near the end" and just kind of giving up last minute. That or they just really wanted to fight strong shit, or they're just a massive troll and they're dead anyway so fuck it. Could be a number of reasons.

>memes aren't allowed on Veeky Forums
>RPG supplements aren't allowed on Veeky Forums

this, how do so many people not get this?

Oolacile wasn't even before Gwyn did his fire extension trick I don't think. The fire was dying, sure and he was scrambling for a fix but he hadn't set himself on fire yet.
That's the Dark being normal. And likely so was New Londo.

Seriously how do we know the folks who tell us that the Dark is nice aren't just you know... Lying?
I look at Age of Fire peeps and they send, well.. human. They have their failings, they have their good points, and they don't want to die. I can respect that.

And then I look at the Dark and HOLY FUCK YOUR FACE!

There's a difference between putting the Flame out and letting it Fade.

Flame going out = Age of Dark, the Darksign dissolves because it's power source is gone, nobody hollows anymore, humanity is immortal and at home in the Dark because of their Dark Soul

Flame being lit = Continuation of Age of Fire (But diminishing returns are a bitch and the Age of Fire is mostly fucked by this point), Darksign continues to hollow people as it struggles to suppress the natural immortality of the Dark Soul

Flame Fading = Age of Ash, all creatures who possess the Dark Soul turn into Archtrees, life fades, death fades, light fades, dark fades, disparity fades, and the Age of Ash transitions into the Age of Ancients

Alternatively, the Flame Fades, but Slave Knight Gael kills literally fucking everyone and collects the Dark Soul into the most complete form it has been in since the Furtive Pygmy, then gets killed by a chucklefuck unkindled, who gives the Dark Soul to the Painter Loli.

Using the Dark Soul, and with the Fire faded, she creates a cold, dark and gentle Painted World which won't ever rot, arguably the only point of the series in which entropy does not inevitably conquer everything, an actual, completely permanent, haven.

Except the only way to get there is to have already lost everything.

The theory goes, the original dark soul, though small, could divide itself without losing power, as opposed to lord souls or twisted souls. The humanity item from the first game are dark soul copies. The Ringed City DLC introduces the idea adapting to the dark like Nashandra did in 2 was not only survivable, but enviable. Humans just somehow got weaker since their origin, a phenomenon some blame on reliance on fire.

shut up cuck

Did we ever find out why Gwyn looked around in the Age of Ancients and went "fuck dragons"?

Wouldn't EVERYBODY go hollow in the age of dark? I thought the point of linking the flame was to temporarily remove the undead curse.

Him and his friends had just gotten super powers and they decided that they didn't much like big lizards being in charge.

Nah nah nah, in the age of dark everyone turns into beef jerky, but that's the true natural state of humanity. Whether someone will go crazy or not still depends on how well they'll take the whole "the sun is gone and I'm a zombie" thing. You also might have to deal with shadow monsters and the Abyss but the implication is that humanity could deal with it.

So, they were the first murderhobos?

Because the HE could rule user. I feel like whether you're for the age of fire or the age of dark (or the age of ancients, whatever), it's pretty much established the Gwyn is a huge piece of shit.

Yes, absolutely.

Being hollow is only a thing because Gwyn linked humanity to the age of fire. So when it wanes, we wane. Kind of a last ditch effort to keep the age of fire going, plus a bit of a fuck you to humanity in general.

No, because the undead curse isn't a curse. Humans are naturally immortal. They exist in an undead state because the Darksign is fueled by the Fire, and as the fire goes out the Darksign struggles more and more to burn away the Dark Soul of humanity. They regain their immortality but in a much lessened form, that of the Hollow. You need to actually die for the Darksign to activate, though. This is also why gaining humanity (Fragments of the Dark Soul) reverses the hollowing process.

If the Fire goes out completely, the Darksign dies with it, and humans gain their zero downside immortality.

Humans only die during the Age of Fire because the Darksign is operating at full power and burning the Dark Soul away without any issues as soon as a human dies. Without the Dark Soul, they can't come back, and are down for good.

yes, like 100% yes

>muh Age of Dark
You fedora-tipping faggots would be the first to fucking die in the Darwinist shitopia Kaathe wanted to create.

Ain't much of a fire that's content with just sitting there in the corner, never bothering anyone.

It's not good. I've wanted to like it and overlook it's inconsistencies but really comes off as a bad fan attempt to recreate a video game into tabletop. A lot of the math and wording just aren't clear and a lot of the bosses have absolute dick for saving throws. It really comes off as a single person attempt with no outside editing and you can see it suffers from that.

Because the world was fucking shit, there was nothing to do and nowhere to go because distance and time literally didn't exist.

says the faggot so afraid of a little dark age that he needs to hide behind his expired age of flame and cuck himself to a bunch of false gods that basically treat you like cattle.

As difficult as it may be to pull off a Dark Souls table top game that brings the mechanics of the games into proper form, I could totally see running a prequel Souls game just using 5e or any other general system.

In all the Souls games, we only see how things are after the world is fucked up and everyone is going hollow, but there are plenty of time periods in which humanity and society is on the rise because the fire is burning bright. Throw in the fact that there are a bunch of different rising and falling nations in Souls, and you could have a really nice prequel story going on where you and your players explore what one of these societies is like, and how they handled the fact that even though society might be strong, eventually, one day, everything's gonna go to shit.

then change it to better fit your needs. In my opinion, it does well for a fanwork, but if you don't like the crunch or the fluff to it then just change it up a bit. We all have our opinions though, so use what you want.

>dragons dindu nuffin
Civilization didn't arise until the dragons were slain. You meet two dragons in the entire series who aren't immediately hostile and one of then is a fake. This alternative character interpretation bullshit is so fucking stupid and willfully ignorant it's painful.

He's clearly talking about the boardgame.

From what I understand it, there's a dark souls board game that does extremely well, especially with it's boss fight system.

>basically treat you like cattle
You are asked to make the same sacrifice Gwyn did.

Right? One of the hallmarks of DS is the feeling of profound loss...yet, that feeling can be magnified if the player could actually experience living in the civilizations of the game at their peak. What wonders the player will feel, studying at the Vinheim Dragon School as they grasp the strands of arcana, of sharing drink and bread in the festhalls of Catarina with your comrades, of serving gloriously in battle with the Iron King's friend from the East... And then, to have everything fade away.

Yes, but that's more of a straight board game than it is a roleplaying game.

Hey, I'm not saying the dragons were perfect, the world was literally stale with the dragons in charge. But that doesn't change the fact that Gwyn and his buddies just wanted to be calling the shots.

I'm not saying dragons are perfect and do nothing wrong, but come on man. You can't honestly tell me that Gwyn and the lords slew the dragons out of the goodness of their heart. And frankly, it's pretty understandable with the dragons being hostile to the mini men that look just like the fuckers that slaughtered them, especially when the ring city dlc confirmed that the humans did join in the war on the lords' side against the dragon.

what the fuck is that anatomy

Gwyn only started being a dickbag after that, yeah.

True but I'd like to see if I can translate the boss system into D&D or gurps, would be interesting to see.

It has a ton of potential. Hell, the players might die of old age before the Curse starts up again, but them going on these adventures and slowly realizing how all the amazing things they witness and experience will be reduced to ash one day, that'll hurt 'em.

>party in weird and interesting setting
>skeleton necromancer
>fire witch
>crystal dragon
>some kind of fire paladin thing
>party hears about everlasting dragons and instantly decides to kill them instead of fighting them
>DM has to bullshit some combat for them
>dragon knows their weakness "because I'm a dragon too!"
>lightning "well too bad the party doesn't have lightni-"
>"what do you mean you picked only lightning magic, you're a Lord of Fire!"
>"...Fucking fine, sure you kill the dragons, now what?"
>...
>"Okay there's a kingdom with blacksmiths and ordinary tolkeinesque stuff, sure"
>"Fuck it, you all get your own kingdoms, why not?!"
>"Let me just throw this Age of Ancients setting in the trash then, you shits"

They manipulate you into thinking your saving the world when in reality your being used like fuel for the flame to keep their rule going for a bit longer. Most of the gods didn't even have the balls to save their own age, they pushed it on the humans, the same race they screwed over multiple times and trick into worshiping them like gods.

Age of Ancients was garbage, the DM was a hack

Oh, totally. If you or someone else can take what works in the Dark Souls board game and transition it to a more roleplaying focused system, that would be fantastic.

Topkek

Only a half chub. Only a half chub. Also hallows don't have to eat so get that shit out of my face. Not canon.

I'm pretty shit at that kind of stuff, but I do want to try. If anyone else wants to do it too that would be great. It would have a lot of potential to be a really fun game.

No effort put in at all, fucker just made everything the same and put a shit ton of dragons and zombies everywhere.

>If you ... can take what works in the Dark Souls board game
That pretty much sums to "nothing".

best girl (male)

This is more a complaint on the /v/ side of things than the Veeky Forums side of things, but I want to get Veeky Forums's views on this.

>Dark Souls 1
>Three main magic systems, normal magic, miracles, and pyromancy
>Magic is studying how souls work, so it is fueled by intelligence
>Miracles work on how strongly one believes in the power of the gods, so it is fueled by faith
>Pyromancy is an early form of magic used by swamp folk, so it grows strongly only based on how many souls are invested into it.

>Dark Souls 2 and 3
>Pyromancy, the old caveman magic, is fueled by both intelligence and faith

Dark magic fueled by intelligence and faith? Sure, I get that, you need to be both smart and crazy. But pyromancy? I can't dig it. Muh stats aren't fitting with muh lore.

Agreed.

I think they did it for balance reasons, so that Strong melee characters couldn't ALSO have really good magic for pretty much no cost
Then again, It's not like they couldn't have tied it to some other stat, instead of just both

How much stronger did pyromancy actually get by increasing faith/intel in 2 and 3? Was it even a noticeable buff? I only used it in 1.

balance reasons, pyromancy in 1 was super powerful and you could make a build and be an excellent fighter as well as just as good a caster as the other two, plus max flame low level invades were incredibly brutal

It was a response to DaS1's issue of every single build having a pyromancy flame with black flame equipped.

Kinda screwed the pooch on the thematic side of things.

Pyro in 3 is great. Chaos Bed Vestiges trivialises everything by basically being a handheld nuclear missile.

>Discussion of Dark Souls the video game is not off topic because a traditional game adaptation exists somewhere!
>YOU HATE FUUUUUUUUUUN!
By that logic, all of these IPs are also Veeky Forums related.

It is in the context of Monopoly. And if people discussed how to properly adapt those franchises into other forms of table top, then yes, discussion would be fine.

Star wars and Cthulhu are by virtue of having their own RPGs, although I don't think CoC sees much play anymore
I'm unsure about the one in the top row second from the right though

The problem is I can identify mechanically and thematically what looks good and what doesn't and therefore make whatever changes I need to as the DM. I don't believe in other people's ability to do the same and they'll take this at face value without realizing that the Berenike Knight has less AC then listed or that Ornstein is missing 40 hp or for some reason why the Bell Gargoyle does poison damage with its tail.

You roleplay as a wealthy developer buying property, building houses and hotels, while trying to economically crush your enemies in monopoly

Fluff wise, tying pyromancy to int and faith sucks, but crunch wise it definitely balances things out a bit without turning pyromancy into the complete shit sorcery was for most of the game.

didnt it have a happy ending though?

>It is in the context of Monopoly.
I see, at most, three replies discussing Dark Souls in the context of a tabletop game. The rest are discussing the video game.

Yes that would be true, I don't understand the issue here

When I post a thread on Veeky Forums about a video game, I am banned for "off topic" so that cannot be true.

Well, that's because you're being a cunt about it.

Well that sucks, but even if it isn't exactly table top game discussions, at least it's an actual discussion. /v/ can't have actual discussions for crap and when you bring up dark souls it always ends up turning into an autistic screeching match about which game is better than the other in the series. I feel like Veeky Forums can have one conversation where the table top games aren't completely the main focus and still talk about the fluff and lore and videogame mechanics without being penalized for it.