Order of the Stick 1079 Threat Level

I don't even read this comic anymore and I already hate all of these npcs

I'm still not sure what the point of this NPC sub-plot is.

For all of how annoying PCs in the OOTS universe are, removing them won't result in an NPC paradise, just these versions of assholes dicking around in a not-my-problem fugue for a few days and something destroying the world?

>figured that part out half a year ago
>been kind of dull waiting for the comic to catch up

Thing is, this failed coup during the fight scene has only done one thing; tell us the ship has no guns. Which you could do in a panel or two.
You could make a case for characterisation, but unless this comic is going to drag on even more than we fear; it's a bit fucking late to introduce someone else at the eleventh hour so just skip it.

So like that championing fantasy gay marriage instead of fighting the Lich storytime then.

I'm just glad the comic's updating again and actually finally progressing through the battle.

Literally every one of the issues talked about in these threads would be null if I could just read the whole fucking thing all at once.

Not bad at all.

Who cares.

I am actually happy they closed the case on the mechanics punishment for the attempted mutiny

Agreed.
Though I'd also be happy if Belkar stabs her before he leaves, for putting Mr Scruffy at risk.

I like this better.

Looks more like foreshadowing for her leaving the ship and leaving it without a mechanic to me.

But do you mean leaving of her own volition, or kicked after Strike Two?

Excellent. My favorite Thog edits are the ones that actually reduce the strip down to the minimum number of words needed to convey the plot, to draw attention to how much of Rich's original writing is worthless cruft, not the ones that spell out dirty words like a kid with an upside-down calculator.

There's a pretty vast middleground between the absolute minimum number of words needed to convey the plot, and worthless cruft.

But then, Veeky Forums has never been one for nuance or grey areas.

I really don't understand you grognards who get all upset about dialogue that has more than two words. But, maybe it's because you're all artists who cannot hold an actual conversation in real life. Which would explain why any kind of length exposition makes you screech for mommy.

I like Bandana, fight me

That is a highly amusing typo.

>artists
I will have you know that I am an artist perfectly fine at holding actual conversations, thank you very much!

I like this comic a lot. I'm glad he's updating it four or five times per month now instead of six times in seven months.

I actually like how Burlew's structuring this NPC side-arc. We'd had a solid year of focus on the core cast before that with the Durkula arc in the Godsmoot.

I like the long what.

Oots sounds like the sound a dog makes when it drags its ass across the floor.

There's a point where a comic book has so much text for its pace that it would benefit it to switch to a different format. A book with illustration every few pages, perhaps? From what I understood the author has a lot, if not the entirety, of the plot written in advance while having health problems that prevent him from drawing as much as he used to.
Also, I think that many people (I know that I'm in this group) don't have a problem with the amount of text, but the sluggish pace. Back when he was updating it every week (or even a few times per week! god, I feel old now) I wasn't giving a fuck about the amount of text per page. Right now it's a month of waiting for TEXT TEXT TEXT that any book could conclude in a few pages (I'm being generous here) that he can write in a couple of days.
Seriously, a random writefag could likely give you everything from this year (9 pages?) as four pages of story.

Mayhaps MSPA style?

Dunno. I'm aware of it but never bothered to read past the first few pages. Was it anything like I described or am I oblivious to bait?

I looked at a couple of MSPA pages. Yeah, that could work - a simple image followed by any amount of text. IMO a great solution for OotS problems.

Semi-serious suggestion desu, but yes it is somewhat like you described, at least for the most part.

Many pages are comprised of a single/couple image(s) with a "chat log" style of text underneath. Could potentially have pages of dialogue for one picture, or multiple pictures for one line of text, would just depend on what worked best.

I really hate Order of the Stick now. The self-referential crap, the slow up dates, the terrible, overly-wordy combat sequences. The constant breaking-of-the-forth-wall for the sake of "lulz," when in reality it just destroys the immersion that already isn't there. The characters have gone from likeable to almost complete cunts, this entire godmoot shit is like the nuke in Indiana Jones, it's going to make whatever climax with Xykon eventually squirts out of Rich Burlew's cock look like a BB rattling around in a gnat's asshole compared to this "Roy v.s. his best friend for literally the fate of the literal world. Literally." And the worst part is, it's slow as fuck. The problem isn't even the amount of update. Once a week is fine for a well-written full-page RPG comic. It's not like XKCD cancer where all Munroe has to do is sketch a few stickmen while he's taking a shit. That's fine. But it's the whole "9000 word dialogue while FUCKING FIGHTING WITH SWORDS." I would bet my ass Rich Burlew has never been in a fight in his goddamn life. There isn't enough fucking breath for talking. It's just shoved in there because he wants "le comical showdown" that ends up being flat and unfunny 99% of the time.

This comic hasn't been funny in years. Is there a reason people are still reading it?

I think its pretty good.

>But it's the whole "9000 word dialogue while FUCKING FIGHTING WITH SWORDS."
Confirmed for never having read comics.

>But it's the whole "9000 word dialogue while FUCKING FIGHTING WITH SWORDS." I would bet my ass Rich Burlew has never been in a fight in his goddamn life. There isn't enough fucking breath for talking.

SAY IT WITH ME EVERYONE

TALKING
IS A
FREE
ACTION

P A S T A
A
S
T
A

There are plenty of comics that don't do this.

We have gone too long without this.

heh

There are plenty of comics that do.

Your move, ADHD.

>That's strike one
>In three?
>Nuh

lol

I think he meant the Homestuck chat logs.

Aren't they backer npcs? Maybe he's shoehorning them in now because he was years off with his kickstarter promises and is now trying to make up for it?
For a diversity ship of every skin colour and sexuality it sure does lack non humans.
Guess captain whatever was racist.

We've seen two elves on the crew so far.

But zero kobolds.

When will the oppression stop?

Then hide OOTS threads, simple.
While you're at it, go full tripfag, so everyone else can hide (you)