TRPG resources

Share your favourite rpg resource! Can be a cool worksheet to plan campaign, a list of questions for establishing backstory, a neat character sheet, a map making guide, etc. System agnostic is best but anything is welcome. Share your neat finds.

Other urls found in this thread:

webbpickersgill.com/gaming/dungeon-master-character-monster-tents/
www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/plots.htm
strategerygames.com/citygen/generate.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need the sheet for those tents. And anything else remotely related

webbpickersgill.com/gaming/dungeon-master-character-monster-tents/

Thanks, buddy. I'm going to shrink these into cards and keep them in a deckbox.

Yea that sounds great, the monster ones especially. Easy access to stats

hello bump anyone have anything good

The best random generator for everything is donjon.bin.sh.

Links are good, post good links

Some hobby shops sell little protective cases for coins. Print off a stack of character portraits, and you've got reusable tokens.

Thanks

John Ross's big list of RPG plots is pretty decent. Pic unrelated.

www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/plots.htm

That's a pretty good idea. Going to abuse it both for rpg and card games

Yea that sounds great. I bet you could stick a rare earth magnet in there and use em on an initiative whiteboard, too.

strategerygames.com/citygen/generate.php
My contribution, this thing is great for world building.

thanks for posting that user. thing's a lot of fun, even if the spelling is bad and it's a little too random.

It's way better than starting from scratch, anyway.

Alright, here are some links to cool stuff. Too many for one post. The 'files' are things like art, map making tools, worldbuilding/gming guides, etc. The folders are labeled.

Bump

>Share your favourite rpg resource!
full honesty...Veeky Forums

the generals and their resource databases mean that I have every official or common source of data.

the presence of system autists and rules lawyers means that if I have a question on nearly any system out there it gets answered in full, with exposition on work-arounds and munchkin tactics.

the elder brains here allow me to knock around ideas BEFORE they hit tabletop so I can run my games smoothly and with a minimum of player misunderstanding.

and threads like this occur frequently enough that I kind of pick up on neat tips & tricks like
table tents and
inexpensive token-spam

I made the PDF for this in 2008 according to the metadata, but the actual generator was probably made sometime around 1999-2001. It's for AD&D 2E, but it's generic enough that you can probably gloss over the stuff that doesn't fit.

Basically it just makes you a random magic item, describing different aspects of its physical appearance, what kind of magic effects it provides, and some other stuff. Obviously some of the results are a little weird, but I often use it for spur-of-the-moment treasure and my players usually think they're pretty neat.

The first time I posted this on Veeky Forums we didn't have pdf capability so I had to screencap it one page at a time.

Your pic related is my favorite type of D&D game.

This one a lot of you have probably seen already, but it's a detailed examination of the world of the original D&D game and how bizarre and metal the setting actually is because of all the weird shit and the high-level random encounters. Very cool read.

Horse poop generator

Generates a random type of horse poop

This handy page from Moldvay's Lost City has helped move campaigns along faster during the character creation phase.

Probably the best thread on Veeky Forums right now, honestly.

The period at the end of that sentence is obnoxious, but that's literally the URL.

No I know, I like donjon I just meant post more useful links if you've got em. I made a pdf of my rpgs stuff bookmarks up thread, but I'm always looking for more

Hey thanks, hope some people find it useful. The 'coollinks.pdf' I uploaded also has Google drive and media fire and mega folders with tons of shit too btw