Commander/EDH General

Gain Control of Target General Edition

>Previous Thread:

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:

What do your commanders say about you? Does your play group agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hapatravizier-of-snek/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gaaivs-walker-taxes-ranger/
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
deckbox.org/sets/1710840
mtggoldfish.com/deck/692110#paper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis, that I'm a tremendous faggot, and they agree.

>What do your commanders say about you? Does your play group agree?
>Selvala, explorer returned ($400.00 budget meta but tends to play decks that combo around turn 5/6)
I think it says I like MLD
my playgroup says one of two things
1). why arent you just playing sisay
2). can you play a different deck
so by in large they agree

>child of alara (75% meta)
I think it shows my personal favorite ways of playing goodstuff and keeping to a theme
my playgroup doesn't really see "multicolored cards" as a strong enough theme and sees it more as a tuned deck thats going to go fast.

>this user who didn't include the discord link
Come on, it's all I have... I live a sad life, I just don't want to be forgotten.

My favorite color is blue but I like any sort of control or quick deck.

My playgroup sees me as a threat even when I'm not playing my better decks.

Also, Post Em

I am trying to decide between the Scorpion God and Hapatra since those are the last two guilds I need.

I was going to build Mogis Groupslug but Scorpion God is right up my alley.

This is actually the first General I made and didn't know to or not to include it, I just took the OP from last thread

Scorpion king > mogis
mogis is slow and crappy IMHO
as far as G/B you have a LOT of options but hapatra is probably the closest to a build around me commander that they have, maybe gitrog monster too.
Personally I LOVE the hapatra decks that are in my meta but If I was going to build a G/B deck myself it would either be meren or Savra, Queen of the Golgari

powerlevel is a consideration too how powerful do you need this deck to be?

Secretly I've had nothing to do with the discord other than making people hate it just to make sure it dies as quickly as possible. This seems like an effective strategy thus far.

>powerlevel is a consideration too how powerful do you need this deck to be?

My group is exclusively multiplayer but I was looking at no more than $120ish to see if I like the commander.

Usually if I like the playstyle I will sink more into it.

Not too worried about any infinite combos at this level and control is practically nonexistent if I am not playing it myself.

id go with hapatra then
such a cool commander, a tad slow on some tables but if its a group where you can sit back and build a boardstate for 3-4 turns before someone puts out a massive threat you should be good.
lots of cool interactions
lots of tokens
lots of things dying
when it was spoiled I called dibs on the b/w token commander and damn I missed out because my buddies hapatra deck is something that he can bring to a normal casual table not just jank night

oh its also easy to build on a budget

Do you a list for your GAAIV deck?
Is it just a meme?
What do you think of the new PW tutor creature?

You shouldn't include it this guy is either seriously retarded or the world's most committed shitposter, most likely both

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Thanks, this is what I have so far:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hapatravizier-of-snek/

I have a Craterhoof laying unused to it would work perfectly with Hapatra.

The biggest problem I have with Scorpion God is I can't figure out how to win with him but I love the amount of card advantage he generates.

>mono white
come on give us at least 2 colors
>tfw no boros PW deck

>Do you a list for your GAAIV deck?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gaaivs-walker-taxes-ranger/

>Is it just a meme?

Yeah it started out as a Hanna Pillow fort, now I am trying to make it more about taxes to let me grind out planeswalkers abilities. It isnt a good deck though. Sometimes I pull out goofy wins.

>What do you think of the new PW tutor creature?
Yeah I can't justify Djeru in the deck, people recommend those two gatewatch cards that tutor walkers and the oaths but I just can't justify them.

>how to win with him
hidden commander purph! lol
you could always go combo or go for like an exanguinate kill
or if you already have the group slug cards for mogis just put in a lot of those cards
vicious shadows is DEF a wincon in that deck, the slug cards will help as well
>mana barbs
>heartless H
>preventing life gain
>Painful Quandary
etc

In continuation to my "what names would the new cycle of swords have"

What do you think the new swords effects would be?
Colors are: UB, WU, RG, RB, WG

i wonder if anyone could just call EBgames and see if you can "pre-order the rest" of the commander products and ask for at least the names of the other products. I'm sure they could provide them

Not after the firm talking to they received I am sure.

WG: Pro-G and W, when equipped creature attacks, create a 2/2 soldier with vigilance that is tapped and attacking and give an attacking creature +2+2 and trample.

RG: Pro R and G, When equipped creature attacks, put a land from your hand onto the battlefield and deal 1 damage to all (blocking) creatures target opponent controls.

>EBgames
>commander product
???

Going to be a worse Thalia's Lancers when they do the Legendary Planeswalker errata.

they leaked Arabho the cat commander

>when they do the Legendary Planeswalker errata.
I fucking hate magic some times

All of the current swords are commonly used phrases for dualities, so you'd need to go for similar phrases.

GW Sword of Peace and Tranquility
WU Sword of Law and Order
UB Sword of Fear and Doubt
BR Sword of Pain and Suffering
RG Sword of Flesh and Blood

Might need to come up with a different GW one, to keep from overlapping "Peace".

What errata?

UB: Pro B and U, When equipped creature deals combat damage, return 2 nonland permanents target opponent controls to their hand then that player discards 2 cards.

WU: Pro W and U: When equipped creature deals combat damage, target opponent cannot cast spells during your turn and you draw a card. If you do discard a card.

PW are legendary perms now and the planeswalker rule is now just part of the legendary rule

captain sissy is going to be even better now

>return 2 nonland permanents target opponent controls to their hand then that player discards 2 cards.
>asking retards to design cards
leave it to the professionals

yeah. planeswalker commanders are already really annoying.

>planeswalker commanders
good thing the rules state a commander is a legendary creature

Where did this come from?

The Ixalan rare sheet got leaked and we got to see that the new Jace is a Legendary. Officially, nowhere.

someone said that walkers in the future sets will have the legendary subtype and that makes sense because the legendary rule and the walker rule are exactly the same rule for two different card types

Now I know why Captain Sisay spiked in value...I just wanted to put her in my new Naya deck...

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Just fuck off bud. Get a trip so I can filter you.

>ironically not wanting to communicate with people on a site set up to communicate with people

Told you last time to come into the discord so we could pick a trip out together. Still waitinf with bated breath, bby.

Friendly reminder to report discordposters, hide discordposts and don't ever reply to discordposters
Don't give (You)s to shills

I'm building The Locust God and need help with just one theme: What cards are there that either: punish opponents when I draw, punish opponents when THEY draw, or, ideally, both?

>unironically not understanding the point of an anonymous board

>anonymous board

Legendary is a supertype, and the Legendary rule is very different from the PW uniqueness rule, which is more strict.

disregard that, I suck cocks

>unironically being this upset that some people choose to interact beyond shitposting through the tcg that this entire general is dedicated to

It's just sad at this point user.

Thank you user.

Then why do you have to shill here? Just fuck off already and go shitpost on your shitty app

>Just fuck off already
such anger over an edh tool
I really can't understand it

>Why the fuck do you guys actually want to play mtg

Surprised you haven't had aneurysm whenever someone links their tappedout list on a non-throwaway account.

>exactly the same
No, they are not. You can have Crovax the Cursed and Crovax Ascendent Hero in play at the same time but can't have Jace Beleren and Jace the Mind Sculptor.

If they switch them all to legendaries then they'd either need to make a new rule or allow multiple Jaces in play at once. Honestly I bet that the point is wotc wants people playing multiple Jaces, Nissas, Gideons, etc. Planeswalkers were a fucking mistake.

>Planeswalkers were a fucking mistake.
I remember back when they were released how badly people lost their minds over it "breaking the game" but now I see...
now I see the light...
im just glad that they arent very good in edh for the most part

Not just Jace, the new Vraska, and the RW Planeswalker seemingly named "Kimalla" are also both visibly Legendary in the full rare sheet picture.

>Thread Question:
That I'm an asshole. My group seems to agree to that, seeing that I'm targeted so often that I might as well add scheme cards to the table.

I have a reputation for going off and winning at instant speed out of the blue and at awkward times, like in a lethal combat step, or in response to a Pact of Negation trigger. My deck has some complex lines and some clear and obvious ones. I regret how long it takes for me to go off sometimes, but my group usually isn't too upset, or they see the line I'm taking and concede.
My favorite card is probably Mystic Retrieval, for the Mystical Tutor for Retrieval, get back Tutor, cast Tutor, Flashback Retrieval cast Tutor lines that let me grab 2 spells.

>That I'm an asshole
this is the worst trope of the mtg community
>le ebin asshole thinks his craw wurm deck is super spicy and gets off on it

Wow! You took the asshole crown from me!

>the discord shill is actually a known namefag

Totally fucking called it

But this website was founded to discuss anime!

And watching anime is so shameful that we all must remain anonymous to hide our identities from the general public.

Has anyone here built sultai for a 75% meta? Did you regret it and/or did it make you "that guy"?

still debating whether to build one myself

So can I use plane cards without playing planechase? It says it is commander legal but I want to make sure. I am going to feel really stupid if I find out they aren't the regular card size.

>75% meta

God i hate this meme

They are over sized cards

Side note, there is a free app for them out there on the internet

it's a powerful meme

>running 100% decks

Alright, so no putting them in the deck. Can I still use them in some fashion without playing their weird gamemode though?

No might as well burn them along with the commander oversized cards and that box of commons you've been 'holding onto'

Really though. Commander is the only economically responsible format.

>bringing anything less than 100%

>running decks that either pubstomp or lose but "it's okay it's just le 75 eggs dee"

It's a meme you dip

Pauper.

Why even play then? You win. See? Wasnt that fun? Now my whole afternoon is free! Goodbye.

Mirror match me or else you're a pussy.

how shit is my gonti deck? It's my first commander deck.
The stuff in the sideboard are just things that look sweet and don't know if I should swap out with the mainboard or not. Deckbuilding's hard when you're a scrub.

deckbox.org/sets/1710840

Show us

being an asshole is not hard nor is it something to take pride in
especially considering how loose the banlist is
you are both a couple of faggots

Shitty attitude.
Gigantic sand-dragging brass balls.

Kimalla is Row 2, Column 10.
Jace is Row 3, Column 5.
Vraska is Row 10, Column 10.

That's the only picture that was leaked of the full sheet.

Hey fags, 5-color infect cock from last thread.

Pitched the idea to my group and now they want to theme the next game around reclaiming Mirrodin/New Phyrexia.

Only OG Mirrodin and new Mirrodin cards will be allowed. What would be some boss commanders to fight against New Phyrexia?

It's going to be a five on one archenemy game.

Build 75%, play like it's 100%. This doesn't mean rules lawyering or any of that faggotry, it just means play your deck to the very best of your ability. You'll have a good time and your deck more than likely won't overwhelm everyone at the table.

so who else is going to have fun
mtggoldfish.com/deck/692110#paper

Urabrask and Venser would probably be good picks for the team.

Reaper King was the first deck I built back when I started in New Phyrexia. Entirely constructed out of my friends bulk and nonsense, it was a beautiful menagerie of terrible commons and uncommons with an artifact theme (thanks Mirrodin), but every time I got to slam down that King and boldly shout "ITS HARVEST TIME", I was as proud of that deck as I have ever been of any deck since. Over the years of playing with this group that got me into Magic (I didn't realize there were even other ways to play besides with 100 cards and a general) the deck slowly gained more rares, scarecrows, and artifact nonsense until it formed into the scariest deck in our playgroup, and the mere whisper of Harvest Time would send shudders down my friends' spine.

Flash forward 6 years, 1500 miles, and at least 50 decks built and retired. I no longer play with those long gone friends, and honestly I don't even have a group to play with that I even like. Still, Reaper King resides in a hallowed space in my deck case, foiled out, with only the most beautiful un-lands, triple sleeved with Perfect Fit Dragon Shields, Yuru Yuri custom art sleeves, and oversized art covers. It's final form a deck so bewildering to behold, so beautiful and terrible at the same time, an amalgamation of artifact and five color combo, that any who face its glory soon learn the terror of the words of the King.

To play Reaper King is to play the King of Magic. To utter his holy mantra is to evoke an emotion previously unbeknownst to those who hear it. To King is to Harvest. To Harvest is to King.

Remember this next time you play Magic, you're only playing a cheap imitation of what it actually is. Until you experience the Harvest, you have not truly experienced anything.

Hear his words and tremble, learn his words and rule. Play the King and only the King, and remember:
"It's Harvest Time."

>let's take the thing he said and turn them in a completely different way
Nice try faggot

That can't be jace he isn't wearing some shitty cloak. :^)

Melira, Jor Kadeen, Thrun, allow Koth of the Hammer as a commander, and Kemba.

I've already picked up my Wheel of Fortune and Time Spiral for him. I'm very ready.

is Kimalla 2 colors? only 1r 1w?

Melira is all the flavor but I think most of her combo material is dead with the mirrodin/scars restriction

Jor Kadeen of course

If you're willing to step outside time, Memnarch fought back against Phyrexia's influence for ages and it's only when he was deactivated that the core really went to shit. Thanks, Karn and Glissa.

I believe Thrun, the Last Troll was one of the first to understand the danger Mirrodin was in, but he's mono-green so it's him OR Melira, really.

I guess you could round it out with Kemba? Though if you wanted to REALLY stretch you could give someone Karn, Silver Golem, Jeska, Warrior Adept, or Venser, Shaper Savant.

BOSH

It does seem like it.

so with all the draw spells omniscience is basically an instawin in that deck right?

>Build 75%
How do you even gauge that? Doesn't it just boil down to an expanded ban list?

Maybe he should have specified only economically correct format that wizards gives a shit about