What kind of accent should a drow have?

What kind of accent should a drow have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Austrian.

I told my players that their accent sounded "like a halfway cross between Gaelic and Hindi."

Look at their names. Their way of speaking must be in line with it. Is there an accent that suits these kinds of names, or maybe do these fantastical creatures have an accent that is beyond human?

Jersey.

Eastern european.

In Icewind Dale 2 they have some kind of east African thing going on. That works out just fine if your players aren't shitheads, but if they're shitheads they'll make fun of any accent that isn't their own.

Neuh' yohkah

the squattingest of slavic accents

That was my thought.
>In underdark wife beats you

Raunchy, elegant, saucy, seductive, Femme Fatale, and that one brand of tasty Indian and arab I forget the name of.

I mean, think about it: They live in world underground, they live in a hot shithole filled with spiders, they''re practically all criminal elves.
They speak a very thick 'strayan accent, northwestern one

The accent you have when you have a huge spider crawling down your throat.

dey ull tulk lyk dis, ezpeziully da nutivez who huven't interacted wid da surfiz much

They're villains, so obviously they have an English accent.

And English is a bullshit language, and Drow is a bullshit language, so this works too

fuck you and that stupid meme
russians are duergar, not drow

>suffering
>alcoholic
>immensely hateful, but especially of themselves
It fits.

Creole. All elves are a variant of French.

with a lot of sssses on the end of words.

that's literally just welsh.

See

they should sound like roulf from ed edd and eddy

seth effrican

Effeminate german accents

Australian combined with Parisian.

youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk

Underdark

>t. 16-year-old

who are you quoting

Halfway between welsh and australian.

I once briefly worked with a woman who had to be her father's translator as those were the only two languages he knew.

I can't fault the man for it. I've always believed that a man should learn the language of any nation he intends to live in. He was from northern India and moved to Wales back in the 70s seeking a better life for himself, his wife and his children.

He assumed that Welsh was spoken across all of the Britain.

not a real accent, just a lot of gurgling and growling. punctuate it with angry glances and slightly fey dismissive gestures. if you think you're overdoing it and being too edgy/juvenile, keep pushing, you're almost there.

East London and Cockney.
OLD London, not generic black rapper-speak as it is after the gentrification of the docklands and the slum clearances.

Although I'm liking the eastern european idea, but I'd prefer to use it for dwarves.
Dwarves are definitely Polish, especially if you add slutty and friendly dwarf women that catch a lot of hate from human/elf women for not being afraid to use their tits to get jobs/promotions/male attention.

>Halfway between welsh and australian.
So, New Zealand?