Are these even still valid? if not should probably remove them

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on 5e General:
Have you ever managed to find anything actually good in the cesspool that is dandwiki?

Other urls found in this thread:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Lead_Face_(5e_Race)
dandwiki.com/wiki/McChicken_(5e_Race)
dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Backgrounds
dandwiki.com/wiki/Actual_Criminal_(5e_Background)
media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/plane-shift_amonkhet.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to talk to your players/DM and READ THE BOOKS before asking stupid questions.

>Have you ever managed to find anything actually good in the cesspool that is dandwiki?
My people tell a story.
Once upon a time, there was a man who fell ill. The only cure, said the doctor, involved eating pork.
Concerned, the man's wife went to the rabbi. "Rabbi," she asked, "is my husband allowed to eat pork to save his life?"
"Of course," said the rabbi. "Life precedes all rules. Tell your husband I will pray for him."
Relieved, the sick man's wife went to place an order with the butcher, who promised her he would have a pig acquired, slaughtered and delivered to her by the end of the week.
When the pig arrived, however, the butcher realized he was not sure what rules to follow when butchering it, so he went to the rabbi. "Rabbi," he said, "shall I observe kosher rules as I slaughter this pig?"
The rabbi smirked and shook his head. "I permitted the eating of this pig," he said, "but let's not pretend there is holiness to be found in the unholy."

>My people

So the rabbi is dandwiki, and the butcher is Gary Gygax?

A moving tale.

The pork is dandwiki, and the rabbi is common sense. You can choose to engage with the inherently shitty, and sometimes it's inevitable, but don't pretend any part of it isn't shit.

Wait until this user finds out I'm also a millennial.

dandwiki.com/wiki/Lead_Face_(5e_Race)

>mfw the DM says I can pick races from dandwiki
dandwiki.com/wiki/McChicken_(5e_Race)

why would you do this to us?

See, at least this one is probably self-aware and is meant to be a joke.

>I got a picture of John Cena and just made some small color changes and replaced his head with an AK-47
I see

I recall seeing an Awakened Zombie from dandwiki that seemed "decently" balanced, essentially just a Half Orc with a "you don't need to breathe, eat, or sleep" ribbon.

Can males also be called witches in English?

yes.

Common perception for witches involves hag-like appearances, pointy hats, and women only, but historically yes, men can also be witches.

Generally speaking a male Witch is a Warlock, though in d&d Warlock seems to be the general term for either gender while (IIRC) Witch is usually related specifically to Hags.

No, nobody here calls another bloke a witch

Technically sort-of, but it would sound very strange. The whole history of the word "witch" is wrapped up with wise women existing outside of male power structures (Christian church, etc.).
Male "witches" typically use the word "warlock" instead, since that word no longer really means anything else.

technically and traditionally yes

it's uncommon today though

>Male "witches" typically use the word "warlock" instead, since that word no longer really means anything else.
of course that falls apart somewhat due to Warlocks being a very specific thing in 5e. It all really depends on whether locals in your game would make any distinction from one type of spellcaster to another.

Would your average commoner know and be able to distinguish the differences between a Wizard, Sorcerer, Warlock, Witch, or Mage? Or would they all fall under a broad blanket term?

Now I want to make a trap witch. Thanks /5eg/.

anytime, user

dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Backgrounds

>Check the first thing on the list
dandwiki.com/wiki/Actual_Criminal_(5e_Background)
lel

How do I give my campaign/setting a feeling of adventure and wonder? It's a sky pirates setting and I don't want my players feeling grim all the time (because that's what happened in the last table I was a player in). How do I do this?

media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/plane-shift_amonkhet.pdf

HOL UP

New Plane Shift article is finally out, in the form of Amonkhet: media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/plane-shift_amonkhet.pdf

We got Aven (bird-headed people), Khenra (jackal-people), Sheep-Head Minotaurs, and Nagas (cobra-headed tail-legged snake-people) for new races, and four new Cleric Domains; Solidarity, Strength, Ambition and Zeal.

Normally I'd call them warlocks, but since warlock is a class in d&d just calling a guy "witch" works well enough.

>reminder that if you don't allow access to electronic dice rollers, you are a gatekeeper
>spending 2 dollars on dice is too much, but 500 on the latest iPhone isn't
>reminder that if you don't use 5e as a vehicle to get as many new players into the hobby as possible, RPGs will die out just like they did several times in the 1980s and literally no one played them

I asked because the word for witch in my language is pretty gender-neutral. In English, however, "witch" refers more (at least to me) to either old hags or druidic/shamanic pagan sorcerers, while "warlock" seems to be more related to traditional mages and alchemists or even necromancers and practitioners of Ars Goetia.

>media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/plane-shift_amonkhet.pdf

>a bunch of new races for snowflakes to play
>new cleric domains
>a bunch of fluff copied from Wizards' designated worldbuilding autist
>"refer to page X of the monster manual for this creature"
>only 3 actual stat blocks

What a bunch of lazy fucks. At least it was free. When they release a Mirrodin pdf, an actually-foreign setting that would require quite a bit of content, and stat out the Myr and eventually the Phyrexians, then I will have a wet dream. Fuck, I'd actually pay for that.

Tfw they added April Fools stuff into the serious part of the wiki.

>+2 DEX and +2 WIS
>Flying speed of 30 ft.
>No disadvantage at long range with ranged attacks

This seems way too stong

So since celestial patron is a thing, which makes more sense between it and fey lord for an Oath of Ancients Paladin multiclass?

TL;DR: the races suck less than usual, and the cleric domains are usable, which means this is probably the best plane shift yet for people not intending to actually play in the MTG setting.
There's no need to be upset just because they didn't add your favorite world. (Admittedly, also my favorite)

How do I make the absolute best grappler? A barbarian/rogue multiclass? A monk? A bard?

It may seem strong, but the only thing this is really good for is rangers who use ranged weapons with a short range. Or monks, I guess.

I need more like this. I love it.

A Pugilist/Rogue Multiclass if Homebrew is an option. They have a class specific for grappling,

A Barbarian/Rogue is also good.

>There's no need to be upset just because they didn't add your favorite world. (Admittedly, also my favorite)
Except both times they have conveniently picked worlds that had already-made content (i.e. Innistraad and its vamps and werewolves). They hardly had to do any work. It was just an already-existent lore-dump and already-existent art. Honestly I could have made the crunch in that PDF in a single afternoon, by myself.

Stop shilling shit homebrew

>he doesn't play dnd with just a fair coin and remembers all his character details in his head

In comparison the aarakocra had +2 Dex, +1 Wis, Fly speed 50 and a D4 Slashing unarmed strike option, and that was it.

I'm more shocked by the Sheep-Head Minotaurs, which are literally Half-Orcs with a D6 + Str bonus Unarmed Strike option.

Or the Nagas... well, okay, I'm not so sure they're overpowered.

how good is the rasslin?

I'd rassle with her.

This is basically just a side-project for Wyatt. It's not official work for WotC as far as I understand. The whole point is that the lore already exists and he's homebrewing up rules for it.

Or you could use the DMG variant where you strip them of most weapon proficiences in exchange for monk's unarmored defense.

I thought this was the leadup to a joke

You tell me.

Doesn't matter, seeing as it's homebrew and overpowered homebrew at that (like the monk, except better damage! And better ki! And constitution bonus to AC!).
So no good DM will allow it. Stick to barbarian/rogue with athletics expertise.

Jewish humor isn't typically "ha-ha" funny, it's "oh, I see what you did there! It's clever!" funny. And many "jokes," like this one, are also meant as allegories.

Will barb rogue let me suplex people to death?

I want to see the fear in their eyes as they get locked up and slammed

>Better Damage
Yes, your point?
>Better Ki
How? You have less of it, making it easier to burn it all if you're not careful.
>Constitution Bonus to AC
Monks get wisdom and dex, they are more defensive than these guys.

I allow it, several others here allow it as well.
No need to insult a DM for giving their players more options by calling them lesser.

>How? You have less of it, making it easier to burn it all if you're not careful.

>What is Bloodied but Unbowed

No ruleset will let you do flavored meme shit unless you refluff it, and then any ruleset will let you do it.

>Better damage
No class should have better unarmed damage than the monk. Period. That's like having a class with more sneak attack damage than the rogue.
>You have less of it
>when you are reduced to less than half of your maximum hit points you gain your pugilist
level + your Constitution modifier in temporary hit points and regain all expended moxie points.
Yeah, I actually read the document, so you can't lie to me about its contents.
>Monks get wisdom and dex
Yes, but if they didn't need to they'd get neither. Meanwhile, every melee class wants constitution. You shouldn't be able to have good attacks, defense, and health with only 2 stats - show me literally any other class that has this.

Pugilist is just a worse barbarogue that exists 'because I want to punch things but not be a monk'
Be a strength barbarogue. Use two shortswords, drop a shortsword if you want to grapple.

I wouldn't build solely for grappling, but a strength barbarogue with two shortswords works fine for both grappling and not grappling.

>Better Damage
I have always seen the monk as a more defensive option than an offensive one. I can live with these people having more damage.
>You have less of it
Ah! I forgot about that ability.
>Monks get wisdom and dex
Barbarians get pretty high defensive options, attacks, and health with STR and CON. Monks get more AC, better saves, and more mobility. Pugilist have more damage, better hp, and less mobility than the monk. I feel it takes up a good spot between the two.

>Overpowered
What is?
It's just a shit version of barbarogue that doesn't need to exist but only exists for flavour reasons.

If you can show it has better grapples or damage or whatever than barbarian then sure, but I don't remember it having that.

>I have always seen...
It doesn't matter. You should never make a class that exceeds an existing class at one of its core features. Period.
>Barbarians
Barbarians don't get AC from CON unless they use DEX instead of STR, which isn't typically viable for them.

Of course, the real case against this pugilist is that 99% of it can be accomplished with an archetype or two and some fluff changes to the existing monk class, the way 5e intended.

It has nothing to do with barbarogues. It's a near-clone of the monk, except it's stronger in melee (and supposedly "less mobile"). The rasslin archetype could easily have been created for monks instead.

>Clone of monk
>Doesn't get 1 ki stuns

I'm not who you're responding to, but I think it would have been better as an archetype for barbarian or fighter that just has unarmed attacks in there, but either way I agree with you that it really didn't didn't need to be its own class

>It doesn't get one thing other class does, so it's totally different!

>It doesn't get Monk's key feature that practically defines why Monk is good, but it's really just a better Monk!

Sure, you could have a barb/fighter archetype that gives some monk abilities (along the same veins as EK giving sorcerer abilities).
Actually, that sounds super cool and I want to see if I could make it. A weaponless fighter and a feral unarmed barbarian.

>My class has sneak attack, cunning action, and uncanny dodge. But it doesn't have expertise so it's not a rogue clone at all!

>Expertise
>Anywhere near as important to rogue as Monk's stunning fist is to monk

Did wizards fix martials yet?

without expertise the rogue is just a mediocre fighter

>Did wizards fix martials yet?
They fixed when 4th ed. was released

what's the stupidest build that works?

no homebrew/splatbooks

>You should never make a class that exceeds an existing class's core features.
It's on average a 1 point difference. The monks have better battlefield control than these guys do, a monk can impose stun a major element of their combat abilities, they also have ranged options and some non-combat options.

>The alternatives
For some people that is not enough or does not hit the sweet spot, they are looking for. Thus this third party class exists for those interested.

I thought jewish humor was "What's the deal with airline food? badowdowdowdowda"

Alright, for the sake of things, I've reread pugilist.

>Fisticuffs
Your bonus action attacks have +1 damage over monk, but your normal attacks do just as much damage. Big fucking wow. You can use your bonus action grapple instead, but you could use your normal action to grapple instead as a monk anyway.
>Iron Chin
You have.. Even worse AC than the monk. Wow. Of course there's multiclass abuse but you shouldn't homebrew multiclass.
>Moxie
Basically like ki but without stunning fist.
>Bloodied but unbowed
This is pretty okay on a short rest but you don't get to choose when to use it and it could be potentially wasted.
>Haymakers
Get disadvantage in return for +3.5 damage! Wow! It's fucking nothing! It's a GWM except you get only 1/3 of the damage bonus!
>The squared circle
You're still worse at grappling than a barbarogue. Suck it up, boy.
>Sweet Science
Spend your points to survive a bit longer in order to do your fucking nothing your class does. Let me remind you, your class has no reason for being alive other than being a monk without its stuns or a barbarogue with less damage, worse grappling, having a harder time surviving and - .. Yeah, it's shit, so who cares if you stay alive longer and get a reaction attack?

I seriously don't get how this tops monk (level x stuns every short rest) or barbarogue (tankier, better at grapples, does more damage)

Yes, it's a monk clone with barbarian flavour, but it's hardly overpowered in the slightest.

But then they broke them again with 5e. I'm just wondering if UA has fixed it again.

Anyone got a good dungeon, jungle themed preferred but I can reflavor, that I can use for Saturday? I have 3 2nd level characters.

>But then they broke them again with 5e
No, they didn't

Do you even play? Martials are super boring again.

>Do you even play?
Since Next days

>Martials are super boring again.
For you

please name one thing a martial class can do that a bard can't in some way do better.

How's this sound as a one-sentence campaign summary?

>Primus, in his infinite wisdom, has realized something- Chaos is created by living things, and Order exists in a perfect state if there's nobody alive to fuck it up.

Deal single-target damage.

Bard learns polymorph, thus it can outdamage the martial at nearly all levels afterwards while having more effective hit points.

Also, polymorphing is more interesting than "well DM, I'm going to hit the guy with my sword again and then end my turn".

All the at-wills.
Grappling, single target damage, area damage, etc.

The bard can do all of these better, but they can't do it all day long.
Martials can do these all the time without resources.

The problem then is that games often have enough rests that this part of martials doesn't matter.

what do you all consider the best way for a lore wizard who isn't necessarily concerned with morality to cast warding bond? like something involving a familiar maybe is what I was thinking but I was curious what someone else might come up with

Assuming limited resources, martials can just barely beat the bard in the one category of single target damage. But as you said, the game rarely pans out that way, because nobody plays that way.

Also, again, the bard player is going to accomplish his damage in a more mechanically and thematically interesting way than the martial, who will just attack over and over and over and over again, so that all combat turns are the same: extremely boring.

When I refer to "Jewish humor" I mean the oral tradition of humor that developed in the diaspora. This tradition influenced modern Jewish comedians but is not represented by them.

>Bard learns polymorph, thus it can outdamage the martial
You are wrong though, and bards don't have infinite slots too

It's okay, you don't need to like martials, it's a matter of taste

>polymorphing is more interesting
In your opinion, some people will disagree

Shit. Entropy needs no man to happen.

>In your opinion, some people will disagree

Yeah, those people can play champion fighters. That doesn't mean all martials have to be tailored to their low energy states of being.

How do this seen for a new class? The idea is that it is an "OH SHIT KILL EVERYTHING BUTTON" but with the risk of losing control of your character for a while.
And in general what is the opinion of player losing control of their characters?

There are a lot of typos, but based on what I can understand, I would never play it.

precisely that's why the BBEG is wrong and needs to be stopped

It looks like some sort of DARK UNCONTROLLABLE POWER thing that was re-purposed to be more open ended, but I can't think of a lot of reasons why a good deity would hijack your body for a month. For a lot of thematic reasons I don't like this, but either way I think 30 days of a player not being in control of their character is pretty much the least fun thing imaginable. If they just died at least the player could make a new character and would have something to do

That's a shit motivation. Even if he was correct about order/chaos, there's the logical problem of order having no value if there is nobody to value it. Anyone with "infinite wisdom" would not make such an obvious logical error.

Doesn't matter if there's nobody to admire it, there's perfect order.

You don't really get the whole Modron species mindset, do you?

Do you?

I want to use a few int saving throws in my game.

Does inflicting madness require an int saving throw or is it wisdom?

Anyone ever homebrew a cursed item or disease that required an int saving throw?

The phyrexians can all be represented with existing statblocks from the Monster Manual and Volo's Guide.

I'm not sure you do. Primus is all about protecting Modron life, and your campaign summary would require that he kill it. Moreover, modrons think that whatever happens had to happen. It seems odd that they would suddenly change their mind and think that life (including their own) was a mistake, when in fact, it was an inescapable conclusion of the logic underlying the universe.