Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever played a character you really liked but the GM really hated? Or a character you really hated but the GM really liked? What happened?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KPKWdyr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is it always kitsune

>Page 7
The OP has some autistic need to control the image associated with the thread. Life would be better if we remembered how successful we were when we ignored and reported early threads, but nobody does after shit like the no anime user.

>High level gestalt, playing a Slayer//Harbinger with Enter the Vortex stance blasts because it's a fun build I wanted to try out, focus on acid damage
>mfw the damage is crazy high
>mfw even acid immune enemies get melted in one round of concentrated firepower, even when holding back from using Cascade of Elemental Wrath
>mfw I hold back as well, and when few foes, they all have protection from energy-acid because they are aware of my character
>mfw boss fight, high level enemy deep within enemy ranks
>mfw I know she likely has protection as well, effectively +120 HP on top of only dealing half damage from a likely immunity to acid
>mfw I go "I chance element to water, deal cold damage" and then proceed to blast the fuck out of her with a bunch of damage die thrown in
I had to rebuild into a traditional 2H melee build after.

I'm playing a Paladin of Sarenrae in one campaign.the GM wanted my guy to be a Paladin of Iomedae because i dunno, fuck that guy. so he gave my guy sunburns and stuff to try and show Sarenrae's "Disapproval," despite having done absolutely nothing wrong, and had a buncha Iomedean NPC's Question my guy's life choices. my guy was too stubborn for all the bullshit, so it all eventually stopped, with the reasoning of the "Celestial bureaucracy becoming normal bureaucracy" for a couple months. Attrition can win against GM railroading, folks!

So what do you put the odds on Tuv allowing Tome-Smiter for the tsundere polish girl?

>be a Paladin of Iomedae because i dunno, fuck that guy.
Probably because "lol brown people. Saranrae is Islam.

Which Demon Lords have received stats so far?
1st party, 3rd party, I'll take any and every I can get, please.

She is a ladyknight, but how do i put this

I doubt Vult's seriousness

Which is odd, because i always saw Sarenrae as more of the "Don't be a Jackass" Religion than any equivalent to any real world religions.

Honestly, if he just made her a "normal" class alongside Chosen One than things would be a lot easier on everyone involved.

I don't think he wants to

I replaced my edgy South African Merc with a STR/CHA Angel-blooded Aasimar Frenchman.

What are my chances of getting into Nodachis of the Righteous now?

What's wrong with wanting double smite?

>french-man-

change it to woman

Nocticula and Deskari are in WotR I believe.

But I don't have female art! Share with me your polearm-using, armored women, user!

Sarenrae is idealized Islam, as a Portland-based team of white people can only imagine it. Their most militant branch of the religion, the Cult of the Dawnflower, is repeatedly white-washed in the lore and excused for any actions they commit.

Feels kind of gross desu.

Is the act of decapitating corpses evil?

Why would it be

Honestly, i just Pick Sarenrae because she's infinitely more interesting to me as a Paladin god than Iomedae. Not to mention, Iomedae wasn't the one to cast Rovagug into the pit, now was she?

You don't need the weapon in view, user. That's silly!

The act of decapitating corpses? Not at all. As with anything in the world, it's all about the intent and circumstances.

Obvious WotR spoilers, Who do you think would be the most likely to accept Nocticula's blessing?

Oi, don't shit on Portland m8. You can shit on Seattle or San Fran, but not Portland.

>he thinks Portland isn't as bad as Sanfran or seattle.

>Sarenrae is idealized Islam
What does Saraenrae have to deal with Islam beyond that one sect?

>Detroit. that is all.

Of all the apps? Or of the most popular ones?

Oh, I'm sorry, did they make a TV show built specifically around showing how weird, far-left and insane Seattle is? Because I don't recall one for Seattle, I don't recall one for San Fran, but I DO remember Portlandia.

The only saving grace of Portland, or perhaps their most damning feature, is exactly what you're doing right now. Portland is so damn SELF-CONSCIOUS about their weirdness. They're like the anime fan that starts to uncontrollably sweat whenever people start prying into his anime interests.

i dunno. must be all the Scimitars, i guess. though nothing stops a Paladin of Sarenrae from going strength based Sword and board with a longsword, for example.

different kind of badness user-chan

Somewhere between slim and none.

How do I become a /pfg/ group's ditzy wizard cum dump?

Weird yeah, but you realize half that shit's made up, right? Portland is both worse and better than the show makes it out to be. We've got no "feminist bookstore/coffeeshops", but we do have the world's biggest used bookstore. We have a yearly nude bicycle race. We've got OMSI, one of the neatest museums in America. Portland really isn't so bad.

don't steal my fucking idea user.

Is it confirmed that Tuvarkz is now even more of a shitter than Rory?

Of all the apps if you have the time, or of all the popular apps if you want to just go through the ones that Tuv will most likely accept.

Sarenrae is an exotic Eastern religion primarily seen as the main deity of swarthy Not!Ottomans and Not!Persians occupying an area roughly analogous to the Middle East. Her religion has numerous Abrahamic concepts that revolve around slaying the Great Other, forgiveness and redemption. This narrows your analogy down to Sarenrae being Islam, Judaism or Christianity, and since Iomedae clearly has the Christianity thing down that leaves Islam and Judaism... And I don't remember Judaism being worshiped by the Ottomans OR having a major angle towards scimitars and healing.

Sarenrae is also the pet goddess of Jessica Price, who is also the "owner" of Qadira. She studied Mesopotamian cultures extensively and apparently has quite a thing for the Middle East. It all checks out.

Using Halae as an example: when self-shilling doesn't work try doubling down with self-shilling and pandering.

probably

>Posting ideas when there's only two campaigns left to apply for

As for ditzy wizard cum dump, just make a woman with high Charisma, high Intelligence and next to zero Wisdom.

At this point I don't know if Tuv would be a bigger shitter for shutting down WotR in a huff or actually running it.

i'm waiting for linnormgame and pirategame

KENABRES
E
N
A
B
R
E
S

Linnormgame is a promise that will never be fulfilled and pirategame will be overrun by shitt/y/memes.

I don't remember Islam being favored by halfling slaves in Cheliax or whatever the historical equivalent.

It's a shitty analogue to the Nation of Islam, user.

i'm sure there's plenty of space for p/y/rates and b/u/ccaneers! /d/astardly /c/orsairs!

But their favored religion is Iomedae, IIRC.

I thought Halfling slaves in Cheliax favored Milani now, who is basically a white Harriet Tubman.

That's a good one.

>Portland is both worse and better than the show makes it out to be

That literally keeps it at exactly what the show makes it out to be, there might be the occasional neighborhood that isn't a pile of weird shit but that doesn't mean the rest of the world will see those places.

You know, just like how Detroit isn't entirely a wasteland, yet that's how people see it.

Reminder: the only good thing that came out of the last thread was this .

Which are the most likely? As I recall the bargain in that book with Nocticula is mostly "no strings attached" the players are allowed to get a boon from her costing up to a certain amount in GP I believe. It's only the profane gift that has risks. To be honest any PC at that point should have enough knowledge planes to know it's a terrible idea. The righteous types are likely not even to considerate it.

Just face it, user, Portland is the unicycle of America right now.

>Wizards
>In the Land of the Linnorm Kings

>Wizards
>On a boa - okay this one sounds great for an airheaded genius bimbo that just wants to suck miles of dick

How is that even a good thing? I'm not playing in it. You're not playing in it. So who cares.

but my version would be a sorc that dumps int

Because we're in for some ridiculously cute greentexts, user.

post art of fat chested wizard sluts!

>Not dumping both INT and WIS.

I want to hear about Seht rubbing his throbbing feet after Onryou spends the evening stomping on them on the dance floor.

this is more Witch-ey than Wizard, though....

I'll do it too.

Honestly the ideal for Pirates game is that the character would be a stormborn sorc who is basically a slave-mage.

user, Onryou is an expert dancer. It's a critical skill to master your footwork. Seht's toes will remain unharmed.

>Which are the most likely?

Leofric, Cyrielle, Ruhiel, Bethany, Frederich, and Seraphina!

Again: Rather telling that it's all SotJR, all the time.

Though I'm not sure if it's quality of characters or just their players being gigantic attention whores. Probably a little of column A, a little of column B.

Who are the best dancers in that group?

How big you want 'em, boy?

sure

Group A just wants to play a game with their friends as other PCs and as the GM (plus Etan and Saboten, who were fortunate enough to get chosen to play anyway). Group B is full of memesters that got art of their characters and shit.

Defending your city by saying they're not as bad as Seattle or San Fran is like defending your coke habit because it's not as bad as heroin or krokodil.

Fabulous. Keep them coming!

Really, you couldn't keep this to last thread? You had to drag this dragging here?

>Who are the best dancers in that group?

Corwin, Onryou and Casimir are all exceptional dancers, going by the points they put into it. What this means when Seht and Valeriya don't have a single rank in the Perform remains to be seen.

>SwimmingEagle
>Disk
>Slow
>All in the same game
Definitely more of column B. Their "quality" is limited almost entirely to the thread's perception of them as celebrities.

Holy shit and here I thought was just being salty, then it turns out those exact people are optimizing to show off in-canon.

Is it a feaux-pas to gestalt two full initiators?

It's pointless. You'll choke on actions.

this?

>since Iomedae clearly has the Christianity thing down that leaves Islam and Judaism...
Says who? For that matter, as far as I understand, neither Islam nor Judaism are very big on forgiveness or redemption.

No, you're doubling down on the same abilities. Optimal Gestalt would be Initiator+full caster/SOP caster

Is there a link available for the /pfg/ discord?

Might want to ask in the character art thread. Bogging down /pfg/ with art might be frowned upon.

discord.gg/KPKWdyr

Does Solar Wind interact with Alchemist bombs?

Tits are too small. How's she supposed to be a slut with those tiny things?

No

Do I even want to join that?

Not so much a feaux-pas as a rookie mistake.

it's an Elf.

The chat is currently arguing about vancian casting. So take from that what you will.

No. It's pretty much just a few assholes whining about their shit and shutting down anything not about them.

>neither Islam nor Judaism are very big on forgiveness or redemption.

That's why it's Islam, and that religion seen through the eyes of a starry-eyed Westerner living in the biggest ignorance bubble outside of California is huge on being forgiving.

Iomedae is also Christianity because she's pretty much a Saint as per her Miracles, raised to Godhood after God died. Her holy buildings are cathedrals and her sword looks suspiciously like a cross. She even calls Crusades, CRUSADES.

>Christianity because she's pretty much a Saint as per her Miracles
>all christianity is catholics

I hate this meme

Have you even been on /gif/? The biggest sluts have the smallest tits.

Fucking misrepresentation. Protestant Lives Matter!

>Iomedae is also Christianity because she's pretty much a Saint as per her Miracles, raised to Godhood after God died. Her holy buildings are cathedrals and her sword looks suspiciously like a cross. She even calls Crusades, CRUSADES.
That doesn't mean Sarenrae can't be some aspects of Christianity as well, user. I seriously doubt Paizo is trying to make a perfect real-world analogue, here.

So about the same as any Veeky Forums-related Discord group.

Oh sure, the best parts of Christianity and the best parts of Islam all mixed together into some freakish super-religion worshiped by the best countries in the setting. How can godlets even compete?

Hell, even the books say the Keleshites are the best ethnic group in the setting.

Really? Maybe it's just personal preference, but it always looked like the Ulfen were getting the best PR and the Keleshites were being billed as a bunch of stuck-up pompous assholes.

The PathfinderWiki entry more or less states, from a direct quote in a book on ethnic groups, that the Keleshites seem glorified and haughty... Because they should be, since they have every reason to be glorified and haughty.

Ulfen are seen as half-civilized brutes and raiders with a weird smell. Their PR is almost entirely unintentional and hinges on you thinking a big buff Barbarian is something to see as high praise.