Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Rolled 17 (1d26)

Mechanicum Girls edition
Knight Beauty Contest subedition

Orks infiltrated the motorbike industry, Primarchs are forbidden helmets, Magnus got revenge for Nikea and the Imperator Walks without rubber soles. Fulgrim showed Ferrus his dance moves and Lorgar and Angron continued to be bros. Space Marines have even less tanks than dudes and DGanon diversified into Kakophoni. A Mechdel test was proposed and the First Legion can't sustain casualties of this magnitude. Skitarii lost their driving licence and we should all switch to renewable Daemon Engine power. All this and more in the last thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/kingleopoldssol00twaigoog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for best primarch.

>Primarchs are forbidden helmets
Helmets a best

The fact FW couldn't put helmets with the primarchs as alternative head options, is heretical.

They'll do it eventually, they said.

>Rolled 17 (1d26)
The Dark Gods have willed the WB get this thread!

So, after the Knights', Primarch heads will be FW's next line?

It's hard to understand when we already have models for some of the helms.

People actually want those. So no.

archive.org/details/kingleopoldssol00twaigoog
The waffle people are violent.

So Lion, Primarch of the First, wears a Sarum-style helmet? Not even a lion, knightly or arboreal :^) motif to it, just a regular marine helm with wings?

>release primarch helmets
>£15 a piece
>a load of hits and misses
>none look like the ones we already have models for
>each will be at the top of the sales list for a few months

Do these fit?

They look like rejected General Grievous models.

The world may never understand this.

Do you think all those severed hands and arms that belonged to Catholic saints and are now on display in churches are authentic?

It's been so long since I've seen this meme. Feels good.
If it belonged to a Belgian saint it probably came from the Congo.

If your army has several squads with meltabombs (outriders, attack bikes, assault marines, vets), do you need lascannons?

The new Custodes dread fluff says it has armour personally forged by the Emperor and that there's "less than a handful" operational, plus that they can't use every chassis due to lack of qualified pilots because they're so massively snowflake.

Wouldn't that essentially make them rarer than Primarchs? Two Custodes armies fighting each other could basically deploy most or all of the Telemons that exist.

There's another thing to go on the "gain immense satisfaction when oneshot by Hoplites or Gravidons" list, along with Leviathans, Primarchs and Spartans. Seems to me a Mechanicum, Militia or SA army wins even when it's tabled fluffwise, they're almost entirely replaceable and each Marine or Custodes casualty is worth a significant chunk of their entire army, Custodes especially. Makes killing them all the more satisfying.

I genuinely feel sorry for Iron Warriors having such a shit primarch. At least Angron was fairly bro-tier to his men most of the time and only murdered seven captains rather than 10% of his legion when he first joined.

>paying for each guy in your squad to have melta bombs when you can have precisely one dude use it per turn
Someone mentioned that there was only 6 at some point I think.
Plus Primarchs are common as fuck, I hear one legion got a two-for-one special one them.

Better dead than nailed.

This is why I like playing Guard/Militia. Even when I lose, I feel like my guys did a good job taking down so many demigods/super-soldiers/murderous killbots.

Plus the situations where a particularly heroic mini manages to kill something completely out of it's weight class occur more often, if only because more things are out of their weight class.

The 40k FAQ is no longer official, right?

Though we won't really know until that FW rulebook comes out.

>The 40k FAQ is no longer official, right?
Why wouldn't it be?

A lot of the World Eaters are pretty happy-go-lucky about the whole thing. The Iron Warriors are all genuinely miserable.

Yeah, that's always fun. I remember fondly the one basic Skitarii Vanguard I had that once killed a Biker Librarian and his Biker Sarge friend in one particularly epic Radium Carbine burst. I promoted him to Alpha, he's now leading my second Vanguard squad.

The best thing ever is swarming a Primarchstar with a big blob of Levies and watch the poor, poor denigod die under the weight of cloned cannon fodder dropped onto planets in the hundred thousand.

THe Iron Warriors LIKE being miserable.

>Seems to me a Mechanicum, Militia or SA army wins even when it's tabled fluffwise
>gets tabled
>Y-you didn't win!
That just sounds kind of pathetic desu.

I missed them. Beep boop, user. Beep boop.

But user, if you kill your enemies, they win.

Defence in depth motherfucker.

>lose a million men taking a city defended by the old, the infirm and the young

The Soviets jobbed even more then the Night Lords.

They did. Drove into minefields and all that because they were in such a hurry to beat the Western Allies to it (and possibly drunk).

i wish angron had a helmeted head :^/

:^)

>Angron was fairly bro-tier to his men
Angron always treated his Astartes with scorn and hostility. He was the exact opposite of bro-tier. The only time he ever showed a World Eater warmth was on Isstvan III as the marine lay broken and dying at his Primarch's hand. I found it funny how everyone pitied the Devourers who had to be around him all the time.

Does anyone have the leman russ incinerator? just putting mine together and the fucking back of the turret rubs into the spot where the hull starts going up to the air filter.
Is this fucking intentional?

Beep boop fuck the wolves

Eh, both are correct to an extent, but on different periods of time.
Angron was raised as a slave fighter, that was all he ever knew, and instead of being gloriously reunited with his legion like the other Primarchs were, he was kidnapped and forced into a different kind of slavery.
Stolen from his brothers and sisters, denied respite from constant pain, the Emperor ordered he had to be convinced to accept the XIIth, because He wasn't going to take a no for an answer.
Only because the legions are a brotherhood of warriors was Angron convinced to stay, only because he was ordered to slay the enemies that opressed mankind did he follow the command. He understood his legion's ignorance and love for him, and accepted their love, setting to teach them what he knew

That was back when he was sane

Angron was dying. Quite literally; he wasn't going to survive the crusade, and his mind was going to last even less than his body. And last less it did. By the time of the heresy Angron, who had appreciated the legion's intention with the terminator bodyguard, literally could not remember what it had been for. Memories, love and understanding, fading away under the scars of a brain that was continually dying.
That is his excuse.
He's not a Primarch, not since he was a child.
He's the corpse of a man forgetting he ever was a man to begin with, only violence and pain remains.
That and the damn buzzing behind his ears that never appears to end...

ive always wondered; what would've happened if angron never had the nails in the first place? how different would he be?

>I found it funny how everyone pitied the Devourers who had to be around him all the time.
Everyone pitied the Devourers because they were his (self-appointed) bodyguard unit and he just ditched them at every opportunity because they were too slow.

>He's the corpse of a man forgetting he ever was a man to begin with, only violence and pain remains.
>That and the damn buzzing behind his ears that never appears to end...
He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology.

He'd be a champion. A warrior of unparalleled skill and ferocity, but possessed of an unrivaled charisma. Enemies would set aside their strife to fight alongside him and warriors would fight to the death for the honor of fighting alongside him through even the most doomed of campaigns.

You can still see the dark echo of that charisma by the time of the Heresy, of the sheer force of personality that forged disparate slave gladiators into a single unified army capable of shaking a world to its foundations.

You can see it in the way that Angron imprints himself on every force assigned to the Bloody 13th. Fight alongside Angron and the XIIth and you will inevitably become a World Eater.

>Lack of power claw rules intensifies

would they fight differently? would they have the same tactics?
i love entertaining the idea of alternate heresies and stuff, its exciting and as much trouble as i have pinning down a legion to play i always enjoy the world eaters for some reason.

God damn, thats...thats fucking tragic man. I knew I had a soft spot for the guy for a reason

Drunk; fuck when were the Russians SOBER during the war? I mean in the air war over there clogged near fucking EVERYONE to below 6kft. People hitting other planes or the fucking ground was pretty common. It was a big, drunken meatgrinder fueled ib equal parts of vodka, hatred and schnapps

Probably fight in the same fashion, but with more restraint and nuance. Probably closer to how the Space Wolves are supposed to fight, cunning and fierce. Or maybe the World Eaters would be fierce and cunning...

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world, vodka to ensure communism failed, and tequila to laugh at college girls.

All these fucking transfers... At least I'm getting somewhere with this big fucker.

God has a sense of humour I can agree with. Can I keep this?

To elaborate, fierce and cunning: Run roughshod over the over elaborate enemies, (FUCKING SPEHSS ELVES EAT SHIT), out-think the muscle dipshits, (CLEVA 'UMIE...) and a combo of both with an arguably superior legion theme and culture to the yiffs.

...Is there a chance we could do a trade with Khorne for the 12th? Big man gets his vikings, we get unfucked super gladiators

Angron lost all my sympathy when he ordered the Nails installed in his Legionaries.

The "Mars" decal looks weirdly placed. What Legio?

Twenty more Custodes with their gold finished and it's time to move onto details.

I can't stand how my phone washes out the highlights or edging on them. Oh well

Fluffwise are legion companies always 100 astartes strong? Or would they vary in size from legion to legion and depending on their battlefield role?

Depends on the legion

The second, legions might not even use company as a standard measure.

For example the Death Guard only had seven companies for the whole legion.

Still loving that melt-axe.

Thanks, as a follow up do praetors normally represent company captains or would they be more chapter masters/lord commanders?

Big time, I plan on getting two boxes of sanguniary guard for that axe head, the slim swords and the fists (and use the jump packs for a WE assault squad). Though I preferred the variant where the melta barrel takes the place of the skull, which I want to utilize.
That being said, why are pyritite spears so bad? Range 6" is a bad joke, especially considering the price, nevermind the general shittyness of the various guardian spears.

Custode-user here. I love Adrasite Spears a bit more but promised myself I'd wait until FW made an upgrade set for them since Adrathic weapons have such a unique look anyway, and Pyrithite Spears are essentially described as just melta weapons... I'm honestly surprised we don't have plasma or graviton variations of the spears.

Pyrithite Spears are also honestly awful and overpriced compared to Adrasite Spears and their only saving grace is popping tanks easier and melting Terminators faster. I wanted some anyway because why the fuck not, but I truly doubt they'll get much use until bigger games because they are ruthlessly outperformed by a better and cheaper option. I'd probably just run them in a Coronus and fly them into vehicles or chunky units that need to be turned into molten slag before watching them get grinded down by the enemy.

Also do yourself a huge favor and just ebay the bits for them. Uses a HH pattern Meltagun barrel, the SG axeheads, and MKIV Combi Weapon energy/power packs. You'll save money for it all like I did when using the blades for my Hetaeron and the fists for my Sentinels. Be a bit warned however, cutting out the skull leaves the axe head VERY flimsy and it's why I scrubbed removing the skull after one model and am using it on a one-off.

Again the answer is depends, Emperors Children had thirty Millennials each lead by a Lord Commander who was a Praetor equivalent in rank if not always in skill. While the Death Guard, as I mentioned above, only have seven companies and each of them had a Praetor rank equivalent commander.

Basically table top =/= fluff so if you want your company captain to be a generic dude make him a Centurion or Delegatus but if you want a more badass commander use a Praetor.

I use a Praetor for my Dark Angels Paladin-Captain.

>this melta weapon is overpriced unless you use it to do things melta weapons are supposed to do
No fucking shit.

Thanks for being a smartass, fuckwit.

It's called stating the obvious.

Hey guys, can I get some feedback on my 2.5k Custodes list? Looking for something fun and aggressive.

HQ: Constantin Valdor (All Legio Custode models now have Teleportation Transponders) 275pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought w/ TL-Adrathic Destructors and a Dreadspear 270pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla/Sentinel WarBlade and Melta Bombs 310pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 300pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla and Solerite Power Gauntlet 325pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Telemon Heavy Dreadnought w/ an Arachnus Storm Cannon 330pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ Twin-Linked Arachnus Heavy Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ Twin-Linked Arachnus Heavy Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Total = 2,500 points

>fun
for you

>aggressive
they are custodes

Another Custard here; I fully agree on your assessment of the melta spears. I mean, the spears are just as bad as guardian spears in melee (relative to sentinel blades & praesidium shields, obviously), but at range the deathray spear is so much better, it's silly. I'll take wounding on a 3+ instead of 2+ as a tradeof for better rules, more range and lower cost in a heartbeat.
More spear variants would be cool, I'd love a variant with a handflamer stuck on top.
As an aside, I'm sitting on four otherwise useless boxes of sanguniary guard here, just for the axes and that one elegant blade. Not that I mind the cost, it supports the flgs after all, but those kits just take up space...

Here's the thing, it's a melta that's pretty shit at doing melta things unless you go out of your way to wrangle it into that role.

>taking both Constantin and a Coronus
But why.

All custodes lists are hyper-agressive by nature, so you got that covered.
I'd maybe swith the Sentinels and the Guardians in the transport. Sentinels are better at DSing.

Coronus can deepstrike with the army, outflank, or start on the table. They act as big scary gunboats and are invaluable for helping squishier units whilst also providing some great firepower. Think the lovechild of a Razorback and a Land Raider. Also incredibly useful to protect your freshly dropped units from being template fodder.

I already played two games where everyone deepstruck but the Coronus pair(I want two more for a total of four), who chose to outflank and bulldozed from behind enemy lines without fear of scatter, whilst also being gigantic and scary looking boxes.

Not a bad idea; I usually put them in the Coronus to run and grab objectives while making them hard as shit to kill or throw a Guardian squad in with an HQ for meat protection and transportation.

These threads are slow as fuck and extremely low quality. What's happened to this place?

It's almost this is a thread dedicated to expansion of a game that has moved on without us, and now we're in some wierd limbo where the only guy who gave a shit about it died.

The inevitable drop in posting between book releases and posts like yours, say something interesting or fuck off, stop being part of the problem and start being part of the solution, be the change you want to see etc.

Super-Spartacus.

All 8E and no new book makes user a dull boy

ded edition, ded designer, ded game

>What's happened to this place?
(You)

>when were the Russians SOBER during the war?
If you count the Pacific theatre for them, the 10th of May 1945 might count.
Certainly did in Moscow, where the news of Nazi surrender hit the city at 1am on the 9th...by the 10th the entire city had run out of vodka.

Which legion (or harder, which legion with rules and units) would you say is the least played, and why?

How are Telemon dreads justified when one can take a Knight Errant for about the same price?

Alan Bligh died, and with him the soul of 30k.

Angelus will be the last proper book, after that prepare for faeces.

A brilliant commander, a true Primarch. I bet he wouldn't have followed whore-us in his heresy.

Praetor is chapter master
Centurion is company captain
Delegatus is like first company captain

Slow yes, but personally I am inclined to think that quality has stayed much the same or even got a little better. Less random Primarch posting, Black Library REEE and boring same-as Legion PoTL Spartan lists going around.

Graviton tech used for much aside from brute-force levitiation seems to mostly be a Mars thing looking at the Graviton Imploder and Arkhan Land. Maybe with a normal Graviton Gun, though, but why would you use that, given you're firing a couple random blasts at vehicles rather than at targets you can then go choppy on?
Plasma is possible, probably just a Plasma Repeater bolted onto the end, but I imagine in order to get properly fancy plasma they'd have to go to the Ryzans, and Custodes put huge emphasis on not being at all dependent on the Mechanicum. It's why they're limited to a few thousand guys and a few overworked armourer clans.

They suit the army aesthetic more and a people would rage harder at a knight alongside custodes.

>Angelus will be the last proper book, after that prepare for faeces.
>implying it hasn't already gone to shit with Inferno

Inferno was only shit when facing WAAC-RAW opponents. If you play as and against a gentleman, nothing happens.
Yes, some psychic rules are a bit strong and some Custodes units are wonky, but most games feature neither of them. And if they do, you can always agree on playing fair.

Master of Mankind featured golden Cerastus Knights from repenting house that initially sided with Horus.

>inb4 ADB a shit

>Which legion (or harder, which legion with rules and units) would you say is the least played, and why?

White Scars easily.
>very little lore
>no presence in the books yet beyond barebones legion rules
>people hate painting white
>iconic unit is IRL expensive and in the wrong armour mark

True and that would also work but it's the same reason as why people run leviathans over knights, they look like they should be there and not just tacked onto a list.

If we're talking rules and units then I'd say Salamanders. I've never played against them and rarely see them mentioned on here.

We've seen everything that will be released for the next 6 months, we aren't getting a new book, because of HH staying in 7th and no new plastic box we aren't getting new players
Life is suffering but that's no excuse not to post Your Dudes user

>washing machine with limbs
>look like they should be there in an army of superhuman

>implying Garro won't fuse with Ollanius Pius to defeat Horus whilst Dorn and the custodes defeat all who seek to interfere in the finale
Also is ADB guaranteed to write the last book or

So the perfect form of a space marine?Why does he look confused and why did you put sniper lights on your sergeant, battlebrother

Well, and because they can be deep struck with no chance of a mishap turn one and generally rampage around being extremely boring bricks until someone gets a lucky lascannon hit in. Then again X that sums up most Marine vehicles and units, if you disregard the Deep Strike.

Abbaddaboo thinks it'll be Abnett.

He just looks in envy at the siege breaker.

They're not done yet, still need cleanup, highlights and eye lenses. But.. sniper lights? Elaborate.

Probably team up with Russ to kick Horus' teeth in. Emps lives. Warhammer High happens.

>Horus let out a wet leopard growl as he leapt towards the Emperor