Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Purging in the 90's Edition

>Veeky Forumshammer 40k discord server
discord.gg/0d7j4llkM6YZKx6z

>FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Canceled like the Dark Angels Heterosexual Speed Dating Night.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qO6LWQhvzRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for statistics.

Is it a good idea to have 801 points of Dreadnoughts in a 2000 point army?
My friend says that you really need a high model count to be competitive, and that's spending 40% of my points on four models (Venerable Chaplain Dreadnought, two Ironclads and a Venerable with twin lascannon and twin assault cannon)

I was thinking of running a second Vanguard detachment with my TH/SS assault terminators, a Librarian terminator, Legion of the Damned unit and Imperial Space Marine, but that would leave me with only 550-ish points left to make my main Battalion detachment, which probably isn't near enough to make a good army.

Would it be worth it to include a Techmarine with my army if I'm running that many Dreadnoughts? Should I pay for getting him a bike and/or servitors or is just an on foot Tech-priest walking around with the Dreadnought cavalcade good enough?

What's your power level Veeky Forums?

My main army appears to be just over 300

I fucking love Dark Angels but damn did I laugh at this.

IT'S OVER NINE

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

your buddy is just being a waac faggot, go hard and do all dreads with two tech priests

Is this a song or...?

I wonder how good that 2E scheme would look on Guilliman if it were actually painted properly. You can tell the painter isn't incompetent but purposely painted it to a lower level.

youtu.be/qO6LWQhvzRw
Edgy game, edgy series, fun as fuck, and weeb as shit.

I need a Warpsmith but don't want to use finecast, what do?

Will this guy work?

Are traitor legions fun?

Why are there so many purity seals on Space Marines? Coming from Imperial Guard, it seems excessive.

Are they trying to protect their virginity?

All Dreadnought armies are like all Knight armies. They are weak to lucky hits from melta and other D6 weapons, and they have some disadvantages because they have so few models, but they are still viable.

Also if you play the way the rulebook says to play, they have a very big advantage in that they always go first due to having less models and this means you will almost always get the alpha strike and first blood unless you get seized.

There aren't any real disadvantages to having less models unless your opponent is playing a non-existent meme army like 200+ conscripts. You will be outnumbered which can be unfavorable, but it's not a huge handicap.

CSM are fun, we don't have traitor legion rules yet.

I think they get seals like a guardsman gets medals.

are shooty terminators good? Ive got both flavors havent tested either of them out

It's low.

Why does this thread go full shit when americans and australians can post ?

Is there a reason Grey knight terminators don't get access to storm shields?

Now if only I had 6 commanders.

they're not coward

This:

European day time:
>Discusion of lore
>Discusion of points costs
>people helping newbies build their armies or guide their collections
>tips for painting

American day time:
>LE DARK ANGELS ARE GAY XD
>shit slinging
>Telling newbies to fuck off and "lrn2play"
>shitposting
>/pol leaking

fucking Americans.

Don't know if this is bait or if you foreigners are really this stupid.

>America
>Australia
>completely different fucking time zones

>implying right now is even American prime time, everyone is still at work/commuting/dinner
>implying I haven't stayed up in the middle of the night American time and seen the pol shitfest that is EU shitposting, randomly making jabs at various obscure countries that nobody even cares about outside of the EU

You forgot that during European hours, the Shitsters of Basshole autist and the Slaanesh/Cheetah autist come out to play.

Your third world continent has its own demons, no need to focus on ours.

How's the muslim cock mate?

I took the axe chosen from dark vengeance and glued laser tendrils from the helbrute kit coming out of his back for mine

Nice samefag

I know this paint job is deliberate and it's retro but it still pisses me off.

>think america is 1 timezone

well at least we know you're a burger

Thats because not even half the burges actually go to college

It fits the new bright setting.

>zones
>s
>plural
>implying that sentence doesn't cover all 3 American time zones
>implying every single American time zone isn't completely off from AU's anyway

Didn't teach you dipshits to hit shift or period in school? Damn, just look at all these Europeans shitting up this thread.

Wow, its hideous.

They taught me to laugh as the spics cuck you and destroy your race and country.
Not so funny now is it?

Don't blame the european education system on its citizens friend. Blame their governments. Despite having Americans subsidize all aspects of their society by taking over military protection duties for their poor uncultured nations, they have been unable to properly utilize any of their borrowed wealth due to severe governmental incompetence and moral cowardice.

And the autist returns to post out of context Tau pics.

>Assblasted after the word "College"

well, how surprising

>Gue'la think he can fight us

Are you sure that's the right discord server?

And I mean, each Ironclad has two heavy flamers, and four attacks in melee at WS 3+, rerolling ones, the Chaplain has two storm bolters (so 4 attacks at 24" and 8 attacks at 12" or closer) at BS 2+ and 4 melee attacks at WS 2+, and he too gets to reroll ones.
And my Venerable Dread has two lascannon shots and four autocannon shots at BS 2+, both with a range of 48"

So I feel like those four wouldn't have too hard of a time chewing through hordes, especially with the Ironclads being Toughness 8 and the Chaplain being a character that's protected by those Ironclads in front of him.

Should I have techmarines on foot or techmarines on bikes?
Servo-harness or conversion beamer?

>Something something Greater Good something something Apostraphe something something dying

>Threadly reminder that random Kor'Vre reverse engineered the primarisation of human and tried it successfully on some Gue'la for fun.

>literally just one image of Farsight
>out of context
Don't you have an Eldar to impregnate gue'la?

when do you think we will be seeing Primaris Grey Knights? I love the Grey Knights Aesthetic and the primaris designs as well and would love to blend them

What? No! What?

Eldar waifus are for guilliman only, he doesnt share

>Using a Titanic machine to defeat a dread sized suit
>Actually being proud of this

no wonder you struggle so much conquering T'au worlds.

Meme

Now that the meta has changed and army playerbases are settling in, how would you describe the general feeling you get from players of each army?

My dick would be SO HARD if I could run SS/ Force Swords on my GK Terms. I'd LOVE to paint those mother fuckers.

What.

He only has one waifu for laifu. The rest are available.

Did Cawl blew up Cadia too?

Alright people

>As well as classic and well-known armies, you can expect to see factions that have never had their own codex before – starting with the Death Guard, available later in the year.

What are the new codexeses going to be? They said the rollout will take a year or so, so maybe they're rolling out 20-25 books.
Somethings like SoBs are rolled in with others

Gue'la wont change.

Nanika o gisei ni suru koto ga dekinai hito wa nani mo kaeru koto wa dekimasen

Emperor's Children and World Eaters, are a couple.

Kroot Mercenaries or Enslaver
They did had rules back in the good old days.

How are those double assault cannon dreads working out for you?

Black Templars hopefully get their Codex back.

What's stopping you? Out of town ATM, but I converted a paladin with the deathwatch shields and it looks fly as fuck.

Just stick purity seals on anything DW-y and use the usual red/white and it's a sick model that makes a good draigo stand-in

Promethium can't melt necrodermis beams

Do people just not know the fluff?

Low down on the priority list considering GKs got marinelet resculpts not that long ago.

Gotta cover the following first:

Chaos Unaligned Models
Chaos Faction Models (Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch)
Ultramarine (generic) primaris
Dark Angel Primaris
Blood Angel Primaris
Space Yiff Primaris

Then maybe after that GKs and maybe Deathwatch after that.

I actually figure we'll get rescaled Eldar before we get Chad Grey Knights.

Anyone got the epub of pic related?

Be a straight baller and use librarian dreadnoughts and/or bjorn as HQs and field nothing but vanguard and spearhead detachments with literally only dreadnoughts.

Most of them will be marine crap.
Gay Nights
Nigger Templars
Ultracucks
Blood Pedos
Gay Angels
Furries
Gay Watch

Now we add
Black Cucks
Alpha Cucks
Sonic Cucks
Death Cucks
Word Cucks
Iron Cucks
Night Cucks

Might as well play 30k, at least there non marines army get something from time to time.

Cawl created the Tau.

No clue. They should allow it unless they bring back sanctuary or something...which will probably happen with their codex.

It would remind me how un-loved we are by GW every time I play them. Not to mention I usually lose anyway because I'm a garbage tactician and roller. At least my models look good while getting blown off the table.

>Tau
>For hipsters
Funny to look at things now

Enclaves much more likelier to get a dex on the tau side instead

>that have never had their own codex
>BTs

Sorry, but I think you might still be out of luck

>Translation: I'm autistic and I like Tau

>Alpha Cuck
That's quite the oxymoron.

I think I'm missing a reference, but now I want to know if any dread actually can take double ass-cans?

Deathwatch is the only flavor of power armor even remotely interesting imo, literally the only ones beside TS (or Primaris, but fuck that noise) that feel like an angel of death with enhanced weapons and gear.

I know a lot of people shit on Marines, and I love the lore personally, but am I the only one that despises how 'weak' (if you get my meaning) they are on the tabletop?

>implying Alpha legion and Ultramarines aren't the same faction

That's an actual cuckhold fetish term.

I want the primaris Librarian and a squad of hell blasters. How can I make them fit into my White Scars army? The snapfit models look like a pain to customise.

>implying there is any difference between the pride parade marine armies.

>Posting literral mongoloïd to prove a point

When will they learn

Tabletop marines and Fluff Marines have always been different species.

At least loyalist marines get wanked by the authors most of the time. CSMs tend to die in droves in non-CSM fiction.

What? Which one is the alpha cuck?

when the game is geared towards marines and killing marines then it's not surprising you get that feeling

use fw white scar 30k heads

Dat Technicolor

Look on the bright side, we'll get something soon. Considering GK are the one group that even remotely notice or care about Mortarion, they'll pop in once he shows up.

I doubt we'll get models, and it'll probably be another "and then Lurd kaldor draigo one-spotted teh rimarch becaus he is da bestest Maureen evahr", but it's nice to get mentioned.

Plus explicit mention as one of the first codexes really makes me think GK will be playing a larger role (again, that's just saying mentioned offhandedly more than once) in upcoming events.

I'd wait to see if Primaris get bikes in 8e or if they get something wacky like landspeeder jetbikes just like Primaris tanks are gravtanks.

>Chaos Undivided
>Getting new models
Sorry user, GW has some Enraged Skullchoppers and Bloodsworn Blood Warriors to sculpt

>plays 40k
>calls other autistic

Back in the day (5th edition I think) I liked to watch battle reports because it was the only way I wasn't going to see smurfs or blood angels. In one of said videos one guy had grey knights and made the comment that you need a shooty dread with what I'm remembering better now to be two autocannons. Because you just didn't have any guys and were hemorrhaging in fire power.

>Feeling threatened, the Ass'burg Sept calls for reinforcements from TsundereSight. Only it comes too late. Asses have been blasted, jimmies rustled, and triggers triggered

Fair enough. I do feel bad for CSM, shit on in lore constantly and the only way to play anything close to movie Marines requires being Thousand Sons.

At least loyals get Vanguard/Sternguard and Deathwatch

Don't know if the guy from the last thread is still around.

I can stretch my budget and buy three Leviathan siege dreads for my Black Templars. How would you arm them?

Lib dreads suck. Muh smite

I spam two leviathans and 2 contemptors in my chaos list, its been really sucessful so far.

What worries me about being one of the first codexes is that the same thing will happen as it did in 7e. Codex drops, it's super bland and super weak, gets no support except for at the end of the edition with a unimpressive character(Voldus, who is now pretty awesome by GK standards), and an crappy formation all while serving as the guinea pig for future non-vanilla marine codexes to be based on and tweaked. Not to mention the balance disparity between the 2014 7e Codexes and the 2015 ones.

It really goes to show you just can't trust an elf.

The one who fucks the non-alpha cuck's bitch.

Honestly other than the Horde factions who die easily no matter what and the anonymous factions like Necron warriors most of the factions tend to die in surprisingly large numbers when it's not their faction in the fiction.

Eldar tend to die in ridiculous number whether they are Guardians or Aspect Warriors. Pretty much just Farseers get plot immunity

Custodes are much closer to fluff marines than marines are.

I'm guessing you weren't in last thread. There was a Taufag that even autist would think was autistic, butting into conversations and spouting about Greater Good, gue'la, amd Farsight no matter how unrelated it was to the topic and then go back to lurking until it found a new argument to sperg his blueberry juice all over. At least the SOS players had the decency of staying on topic.