WIP - Work In Progress General

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>We stood at the edge of destruction, and would have fallen... if not for the might of The God-Emperor and his Angels of Death.
youtube.com/watch?v=ivXS-58a2EE

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nYHy9Fq2HME
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pics arent the best and lighting isn't amazing, but I more so just want some feedback on the pose/conversion. the legs/torso and 1 arm is glued, the rest is blu tac'd. still need to do a bit more work on it, like buy some greenstuff, cast some more length of ammo feed, then prime, then glue it on to the model (fucken got too excited to get into the model)

1/2

2/2

Tfw shit lighting

Fuck me

Last time I'll post this, pinky swear.

I'm making a Knight Atrapos possessed by a Herald of Tzeentch. I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna do for him, just looking for some last minute suggestions:

-lots of skin over the metal parts, changing colors from pink to blue
-maybe several places where it looks like some skin is growing out of other skin (like the old Horrors where they were crawling out of each others' mouths)
-have a few Blue Horrors crawling around on the outside of the Knight
-have a few more Blue Horrors look like they're emerging from the knight's skin

Seems like it's missing something though. Obviously gonna do plenty of Tzeentchy stuff to it (sigils etc) but I feel like the idea is lacking something.

TURKEY KNIGHT

How many dollars went into the bits for this conversion.

pose is pretty kickass. painting not shabby either!

are you the same person asking about converting a fucking atrapos? price is a concern?

Like 5

I had a Knight I never built, a Slaughterbrute kit from eons ago which is now a Giant Chaos Spawn and the single head from the LoC sold on ebay for like $5

Some people have backlogs, and this cleared two of the bigger kits I had from it

Atrapos guy here, and no that's not me.
And as much as my wallet hates me for saying this, no I'm not at all concerned about price.

played the primaris a few times, didn't like them so i decided to turn them into primaris tacticals. here's the sergeant i did as a test.

and i put chainswords on the others, cause that's my dudes thing.

hey just quick question, any tips for painting a beard of 3 days? asking for an IG veteran

Love it.
I play nurgle, so you have to interpret this as "I LOVE IT FOR THE PLEASURE IT WILL GIVE ME TO ROLL INTO ITS DECAYING CORPSE"
not bad! nice trips
be careful on the blue paint that has made its way onto the gold parts. once you start shading/highlighting it will become a problem to clean it all.

Also, my wips.
I had no use for the primaris dark Imperium box so I'm fully converting the models to become a full Deatwatch Veterans squad, plus a Watchmaster(because primaris, and i also don't like the model).
Still heavy WIp, have to add a lot of Inquisition insgnias and greenstuff a lot of shit, including some gaps.
pic 1/3

I really like how yellow your gold is, best of the old and the new UM style IMO

2/3

3/3

aaand forgot the watchmaster.
Now the boring part starts.
Any tip doing small insignias with green stuff? im having some troubles.

No I was just curious because a lot of those bits are from big kits. I pull all of my conversion bits from my backlog so I didn't know if this was the case or if someone just hit up eBay a lot.

Neat. Answers my question.

thank you that's exactly what i am looking for.

4 more semi done. Just need basing, weathering, touch ups etc.

Fatso in the prison jumpsuit is a zombicide figure.

The slimy exposed stomachs look great

The zombiecide guy fit in perfectly with the other, but I think you should put him on a GW base too.
Just cut off the one that's molded on right now and glue him onto a regular one. The base makes him stand out.

i'm not even done with the base coat. fuck this huge thing. lava is looking better than this morning though

love em.
Made by using mostly washes?
Whats it?

the Throne of Everblight. from warmahordes

couple things to do yet

Correct. Only 4 washes, flesh, green-brown, red, purple.

Watered down flesh wash over all skin. Then athonian earth shade on yellow boils and horns, then watered down purple wash on bruises and tentacles, then red and purple in stomachs.

dumping some Nites

Still, the result is not messy at all. love hoe they came out.
Thanks! If the price is reasonable i might use it for Aos and shit. Like how does it looks.

the throne retails for about 90 but i'm sure you can find it cheaper.

mine is heavily converted though. here's what it should look like

Dont know why we got two WIP threads going on

Just finished this squad up, any pointers?
I'm trying my darndest to try and highlight the silver armor but I'm not having too much luck making it pop

What's going on with the left shoulderpads? They seem...messy. what's the insignia supposed to be?

The rest is all right, good basing. Have you tried GW's Stormcast silver to edge highlight the armor. Their new metals paints are all pretry fucking good imo.

using runefang steel for the final highlights and I'm working on freehanding the chapter symbol which are just some mountains, here's a better picture of it on the landraider's forward side panel

How do you guys prefer your chaos chosen?
My regular marines are already pretty pimped out with icons and fleshstrips, so that's out of the question.

Alternative paint scheme? Using raptor bits? Using dark angel veterans?

Fire! Fire everywhere!
Birds!
Eyes!

Looks good.

Planning to buy Dark Imperium next week, and I want the Death Guard to have the same rusted, pale blue-grey look as this tractor. Any suggestions on paint colours, technique, etc. for the base colours (not the rust, since there's a fuckload of tutorials online for that sort of thing)?

hey fa/tg/uys, what do you think of my big mek?i know it needs a 40mm base but i currently dont have one at hand, im starting a new ork army and i currently have 10 boys, this mek, one trukk that i made and its on the mail the ork starter pack, any suggestions for a new ork player? also let me post pics of the trukk i modded (sorry for my english, its not my first lenguague)

this one has the mek but in an earlyer stage, and i have to work on the rims of the trukk

That "blue grey" look comes from the lighting aiming behind the thing and casting a shadow over the front. Most likely the tractor itself was painted in a slightly muted white/ very light grey paint.

However if you do want a blue-grey, you can follow the steps at the top of [pic related] and add rust, grime and weathering effects after you're done. The warmer browns should contrast nicely with the cooler and muted grey armour in the end.

First time kit bashing what do you guys think? Going for a basic iron priest and a apothicary for my space wolf armies.

Reposting from 40k general.

Hey guys. Im new to this whole 40k thing and Ive decided to start playing the Imperial Guard. Can I use whatever colour scheme I want or will some autismos start schreeching at me? Also do I have to keep their gear uniform or can I build them to look like a bunch of space pirates?

No one cares as long as the model isn't a orc choppa boy and you say it's a guard with lasguns. Go crazy but make it easy to track gear and you'll be fine.

Oh cool. Well that wont be a problem since I intend to build humans only army.

That's some tournament-winning piece there. Amazing.

That looks very interesting, I hope to see it finished!

Very precise and effective. Super neat, I like it.

Looking very good. Also I love these Nurgle faces, they're making me *almost* considering to buy Dark Imperium.

>Oh cool. Well that wont be a problem since I intend to build humans only army
you the fuck better do! or else the inquisition is going to exterminate the fuck out of you!

Getting more color on some terrain.

You can follow the standard colours, like Cadian if you want it easy
But really, a large part of 40k is the 'your dudes' thing, if you want to do a certain colour scheme that's fine
At the worst people will scream at your colour scheme if it reall fuck ugly, but other than that, do what you want
It's always nice to see people coming up with their own colour schemes

Space Wolves don't have Apothecaries friendo

Standing on step-stools to not look like a manlet next to the Chadmarines?

looks nice

why were everyone's old minis all based in that same shitty green color?

Ah, goblin green bases, those were the days.

Look how happy he is.
youtube.com/watch?v=nYHy9Fq2HME

That creepy laugh though.

>goblin green bases
but why though

surprised the bobbies didnt kick down the door and arrest them when that banger went off

It's done, lads! It's finally done!

Now to mess it up with an awful paintjob that won't do it justice.

What about all the spots where the armor is meant to go onto the sides of the chimera bits? Lookin mighty plain by comparison.

I thought that, but I'm not sure if I'll make it too busy. I was thinking of just rusting it over and slapping some dirt on it.

Back in my day we had terrain mats made of green felt, and we modeled the bases as such, and we appreciated it

This is almost as stupid as the company that made it. Polish trash needs to die

Based Dunc

I think it looks great and once it's painted it'll likely be fine, but a bit or two couldn't hurt - though I know the feeling of being done with a project is hard to go back on

Nice paintjob, but the plates of armour under the kneepads need some serious cleaning up.

I'm gonna move on and repair and fix/clean/repaint all of my projects that got damaged/forgot about in the move, while I'm inspired enough to do it.

Maybe when I come back to paint the Battlewagon I'll have a fresh perspective as to what I want to do with the side of the tracks.

(pic of some of the broken shit)

A captain for 5th coy, IF.

Took a couple of days for painting.

>gonna move on and repair and fix/clean/repaint all of my projects that got damaged/forgot about in the move
Tell me about it.
I moved internationally last month and sent a whole lot of stuff ahead of me.
I need to repair a lot of paint jobs and put plenty of models back together.
At least it gives me a reason to redo and inprove the work I had done.

Seeing Duncan that happy makes me happy.

It was the custom at the time.

Fantastic yellow, are you the guy who posted that dread a couple threads back? If so keep up the good work.

Just don't do them like Nazis

do them like nazis

Question /wip/

I play Blood Angels and have held off from painting my Primaries Marines cause I wanted to green stuff onto them blood gems and wing decorations so see on the normal tactical squads.

But then I remembered Gulliman also made these marines to restore dead chapters. Which gave me the idea to paint these guys as Lamenters. However would it make sense (or be cool to see) Lamenter Primaries Marines fighting alongside Blood Angels?

>tfw sanding finecast

Im having some serious fucking hobby anxiety. Do i go with hive fleet leviathan or behemoth? the indecision is killing me. help me user

Yes, that was mine too.

I'm working for a 1,500 points worth list, including a captain, lysander, 20 tacs, 5 dev, a dread, 2 razorbacks and a whirlwind.
Lots of work left, still.

delet this racist commint

Enjoy your mesothelioma. :(

Put primer on a model today. Bad weather, lots of humidity. Wasn't careful, now it's all flakey/powdery. My fault. Never had this before, won't let it happen again.

Since I want to finish this thing by Sunday, how do I get this off best?

My idea was to let it sit in water with dish detergent over night and gently scrub the rest off tomorrow with an old toothbrush.

yes
also, shoulders and heads are compatible with primaris, so just get a blood angels upgrade sprue

does super glue not work on resin?

Primer tends to be pretty stuck after a while, but I guess this is new. If the detergent wash doesn't get it I've managed to strip it off with an overnight dip in Super Clean and a stiff toothbrush the next day. Wear non-latex gloves. Super Clean will eat through latex and also your skin.

It does, but you can still snap it off later. Make sure you let it set. You might want to consider something strong like two-part epoxy, lock-tite, or pinning if you really need to lock shit down.

Super glue works.
But depending on the resin, plastic glue probably won't.

Paint is a little thick around the feet area and backpack "fins" but other than that it looks awesome so far.

Bought the Dark Imperium set with the intention of doing a Primaris Ultramarines force, but find painting marines tedious (edge highlighting sucks) and ended up starting the poxwalkers. Painting gnarly, gory models is so much fun, I can just slap on washes and effects and run with it.

tfw i painted a tech priest for like 6 hours and now i cant be inspired to finish painting my primaris inceptors i just want to paint more ad mech

Sorry for how blurry it is.

Trying to make my Sanguinary Ancient with the Nid invasion of Baal theme. Friend gave me some nid heads and just made one of them into a headdress. Thoughts? Still trying to fix up the greenstuff.

I must be doing something wrong then. I just got some 3rd party resin parts, and on top of being super brittle and breaking off a point nearly every time I remove a piece from the sprue, it simply will not stick together. No matter how much superglue I use, it doesn't stick, and no matter how long it doesn't set. Now my parts look like shit because of glue crust.

how is this for coming out of the ground? i'm going for a still action shot