Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you feel about using Call Weaponry/Discipline Blade Shapes/whatever to make technological crap like Vortex Guns and X-Lasers? Would you ever play it? Allow it?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fF50LMAc
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo-alchemist-archetypes/crypt-breaker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>TFW a thread that was heavily active for hours suddenly goes dead due to a shitty OP

I mean, nobody's really talking about much, what with the emerging guns issue resolved. Probably working on apps for Iron Gods. Uhhh, you got a current game?

I have no iron gods ideas, kill me

When was the last time your character got into serious trouble, /pfg/? How did they get out of it?

Got time-stopped by a wizard BBEG. Boy was he surprised when I pulled a Jotaro and made him lose his Gate spell during said timestop

Sorry, but I can't get the link to work and I'd really like to be right, because everything I've seen so far seems to imply not. If I have the thread title, I can go from there.

When his game died.
>ow did they get out of it?
Unfortunately you don't recover.

We almost died recently fighting a god's champion and a sliver of Himself! We had a single scroll of Wish that saved us, then we shifted the battle to a better location and beat their asses. We were still at death's door, though. If we hadn't remembered that scroll, she definitely would have died trying to let the others escape.

>How do you feel about using Call Weaponry/Discipline Blade Shapes/whatever to make technological crap like Vortex Guns and X-Lasers? Would you ever play it? Allow it?
If they're proficient in the things and have handled them before so know waht the fuck they do, I don't see why not.

That said, I'd never permit proficiency in or knowledge of such items unless I intended the players to have free access to them.

Only two sessions in with this character so far, so can't cite an actual gameplay moment.
In backstory, his most recent tribulation would be convincing the recruiter that he wasn't crazy for claiming to be half a dozen historical war-heroes at once. He didn't succeed in that one, and got dumped in the reject division.

Somehow he managed to convince the princess to give him a chance. He doesn't even know how he pulled it off, but he's not gonna waste it.

>Nola

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I really hate these kind of characters, because they're by far the hardest to review. Since I don't necessarily have anything bad to say about the character, but nothing stands out to me as being particularly good either. But just shrugging and making a non-committal noise doesn't do either of us any good.

Te pieces fit together competently enough, but they don't really... synergize, if you catch my meaning. The character fails to be more than the sum of her parts.

You've given her a fairly unique upbringing, but failed to come up with anything to say about it beyond "I hate demons."

You've picked an incredibly flavorful goddess that fits from a meta perspective, but has little relevance in-story (beyond a throw away line about dreams), and has no real bearing on who the character is at this moment. You could replace Desna with any good aligned diety, or even several neutral/evil ones, and it wouldn't particularly change anything.

Personality-wise, she's... once again, just kinda eh. Not particularly due to a failing on your part, but because "wit used to hide pain" is /pfg/'s shorthand for "insert personality here." She also doesn't really have any flaws, nothing that'd bring about interesting conflicts.

I guess the closest thing I can give for advice, is to work on tying everything together. Give her a unique perspective on cults, follow through on the talk of "dreams" from the first half, showing us how it still impacts her as an adult, show us a personality that's been shaped by equal parts demonic torture and Desnan dogma. The pieces are there, you just need to make them pop.

Don't apply. Problem solved. Apps are open until August anyway, shut up.

>Volatile Vaporizer
>the Liquefy spell
>melt the equipment of every creature in a 10-foot radius
Is there a way to simplify the rolls for this?

Whatever you do don't play a mesmerist

How did your character break the freeze?

>not playing dante must die mode
I wonder what classes qualify as "hard mode" for each of the APs?

Never fun when a game ends prematurely like that. Is the character one you'd like to use again?

How did you come into conflict with a god? What sort of champion did he keep?

Probably that one Riven Hourglass thing that lets you move in a Time Stop.

Yes, but I doubt the chargen that would be necessary to create him without drastically altering his capabilities or personality will ever crop up again.

He was also made for an AP people don't play a lot so that's some double suck.

She got ambushed by about half a dozen bandits while she was all by herself.

She downed her mutagen, went full musclegirl mode, and slaughtered them all before her allies could reach her to help.

You should compare Elminar and Leofric next! Get us one of those tasty delicious dueling apps!

「God Of The Hourglass 」 stance from PoW:E. It lets you function as though staggered during time-stop and only within 50ft. With other magic items and Riven Hourglass maneuvers, I was able to literally appear in his face post-cocky monologue and wallop him with my phase-locking sword.

If it had been any-other BBEG, they probably wouldn't have had the audacity to cast anywhere remotely near-by

Make an Android that dreams.

Will it dream of electric sheep?

>Wrath of the Righteous: Magus or Kineticist
>Second Darkness: Anything without Dark Vision
>Iron Gods: Enchanter
>Mummy's Mask: Enchanter
>Reign of Winter: Water Kineticist
>Carrion Crowin: Enchanter

Do hellknights have a role in Numeria beyond the generic enforcing law where ever shtick?

What sort of heroes does he claim to be?

Now do EZ mode for APs

I don't even think there are Hellknights in Numeria, and if they exist they don't have any useful function.

>write backstory for app
>it feels like just a rambling mess of plot points
Well fuck me

You can't get to draft 2 without finalizing draft 1... right?

No. Numeria really isn't the kinda place for lawful types. Most Hellknights there would be passing through to go to the Worldwound.

I was taking a look at landsknecht while thinking of what to make for a high level game and I was wondering, this Stance of Assured Victory is some nasty shit isnt it?

While getting a minimum of at least +5 to everyone's attack rolls that stacks is good, the ability for everyone to AoO anybody that attacks the party seems particularly nasty at high levels especially if your party happens to be strong in combat in particular

How does he plan to use it?

Probably either Quickened meta-magic, or something from the life handbook in playtesting.

I honestly prefer the level 7 class feature, that strike is everything that was busted about old pummeling style except it can be used on 15-20 weapons getting 1.5x strength

Exactly, though maybe we could help?

pastebin.com/fF50LMAc

>using quickened in spheres
>dem 4 extra spell points
Spooky

How did they manage to catch her off-guard?

The only thing that occurs to me is that war hero works better if you can get crits, so choosing PoW disciplines that get you crits would well together.

It's a custom setting, and the main god was split into aspects because of warring beliefs. Some of those are dark aspects. A few of them got big in the britches, add had to be beaten until their forms on the mortal plane broke. That was long ago. At present, there's a plague that we've been trying to fix, and it's been linked to one of the dark aspects trying to come back. There's a god-fetus gestating in an old ruined city, and it has given sentience to the plague. We found out that the reason we've been able to fight the plague so far is a latent energy we have, but to get close enough to destroy the fetus, we'll need to awaken it fully. You do that, we need this princess, who was captured by the cult of another aspect to serve as his mortal vessel. So, we had to kill him and his champion to save her from becoming his vessel so she can unlock our super secret powers to kill a god-fetus! That's the gist, at least. I'm missing some lore because I wasn't there at the beginning of the campaign, and I'm shortening because I'm phoneposting and I'm sure nobody is really interested.

Damn I will have to find another game to make my Signifier

Haven't managed to get my GM to actually sit down and discuss world history to the point that I could do more than pull things out of my own ass, alas.

He's nearly six-thousand years old and the sole surviving worshipper of a god of war from a ruined pantheon. He's kept immortal in a symbiotic relationship where the god uses all its available power to keep him from staying dead so that it'll not fade into obscurity, but my character keeps throwing himself headlong into war after war as a ceaseless act of worship. As a result, he fights, wins, rises incredible heights of valor and prowess, eventually gets in over his head and sucks a bunch of Raise Dead penalties and goes back to normal grunt work, and the cycle repeats.

I seem to recall something from the handbook that lets you affect only yourself with a cure as a lesser action.

There's a talent in the life book that lets you heal as a swift for only 1 spell point, provided you hit with an attack that round.

To be honest, he's going to go with what he thinks is something she would want; on the other hand, he was never very good at planning things out. Also, even though he was very enthusiastic about her project to begin with, he's fully aware he's on very thin ice.

Here's a PrC tier list I found from the archives. Should there be any alterations?

>Good PrCs
Bloatmage
Brewkeeper
Daivrat
Dawnflower Dissident
Magaambyan Arcanist
Pathfinder Savant
Veiled Illusionist

>Functional PrCs
Evangelist
Hell Knight Signifier

>Build Specific
Agent of the Grave
Champion of Irori
Diabolist
Divine Scion
Eldritch Knight
Exalted
Living Monolith
Mage of the Third Eye
Winter Witch

>Bloatmage
I still await the day that someone makes a bloatmage woman that is slowed only by her hilariously engorged thiccness.

Leofric executes the concept better in almost every way.

Except when it comes to party interactions. Leofric is a serious man for a serious campaign, he's defined by negative and isolating emotions, which makes it more difficult for him to form connections with the party, and with NPCs. On the flipside, Elminar has his own issues, but is less dour and downbeat, which I think fits better with the silliness of the other apps.

Ironically, she was scouting ahead to make sure the area was secure while the party repaired the covered wagon they travel in.
Figured if there was a fight waiting it would be best to stage it far away from our valuables.

>no Nobel Scion

It is because no one likes Leadership, isnt it!

But it seems like Ruhiel would prefer to be a Hellknight over bedding her fellow Armigers!

Actually, that sounds pretty engaging. Wouldn't mind hearing more, personally.

>Human
>Using an Elven Curved Blade in the Realm of the Mammoth Lords
>Without a good explanation why

I love the concept of a pleasant teenage merchant princess getting forced to become a rough n' ready huntress, but it feels kind of hollow the way you're doing it. More specifically, you build up this great sense of adventure with the girl... Only for her to just sort of "and then she follows a plumed helmet all the way to the campaign start." We need something more concrete to connect the character to the campaign!

Stop trying to make Tome Smiter happen.

>Nobel Scion
>A character built around inventing dynamite

the ECB is mostly me going "meh, I need a good dex weapon."

Though I seem to have given a false impression of the time between the chance encounter and campaign start? There's a year delay between the two.

Hmm, an easy change would be to have her catch wind of rumor that her little sister has gone to Kenebres, and because of the call to arms, she actually has a way to fund her way to there finally.

I give it four sessions until Ruhiel's made a woman!

Ruhiel compared to Cyrielle next?

The fight with the champion was actually great. His AC was bonkers, but he was fighting our resident dexfag, so they were trying to get hits in while no-selling each other, but our wizard buddy made my character, the punchgirl, invisible. After we managed to take out the sliver of the god, the champion grabbed our princess, and threatened too kill her unless we cooperated. Little did he know there was an open charge lane. Massive pummeling charge damage from behind launched his head clean off the building. We then used our godeating relic sword to consume the god's remaining essence, and celebrated by saving the 600 slaves the cult kept. Now it's time to prepare to kill... 3 more, possibly. Should be challenging, but fun.

>implying you dont wanna blow up a pit fiend but shoving as much dynamite into it as possible

We've got explosives!

>evangelist
>just "functional"

Are you high?

>he's defined by negative and isolating emotions

I'm getting a heroic vibe from him. The classical, saga-type of hero, like Beowulf. This certainly comes across as isolating and a bit difficult to connect with the party, as you said, but the intelligent, strong and courageous warrior who fights for his people with humility and fearlessness is basically what you'd look for in an old hero.

You're setting up a call to adventure with her uncle and the attack on the caravan, then grinding everything to a screeching halt, only to build it back up again with the Hunter. There's no real need for her to have two barely connected backstories, when one will do just fine.

Personally, I'd ditch everything with the merchant, since it's almost entirely inconsequential, and just make her a huntress.

Hey, I just found the list. If you disagree, I'll just modify it since the original poster isn't around to say anything.

What are you applying as for Iron Gods /pfg/?

Krim allegedly did that already.

Can I play a sci-fi big titty thicc kitsune?

See Make her a young baby girl who is the sole survivor of a vicious demonic attack on a Brevic trade caravan going through the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, like straight up 2-3 years old. She's still got the blood of Issia flowing through her veins, but she was born and raised a Kellid huntress.

Huh.

Guess that's what I get for being lazy and going off an earlier draft.

Where can I get premade mythweaver sheets? I just blew an hour and a half on a single character and I'm not even done yet. I need 4

What I want to do is build a story angle wherein the "knights" are cultists, which is how she gets dragged into the whole thing. So her being old enough to understand what happened when the caravan got killed is important, so she can eventually connect the dots. It also plays into the chance encounter well.

I need to find a way to portray the kellid huntress part of her as a peaceful escape, that she forsakes to nurse her revenge.

Leads her into the plot, gives her a character arc, several good NPCs to work with.

It's just not there in the current draft

Go to any random game that's recruiting, click on PCs who look interesting.

hmm

I'm looking at the electrokinetic elementalist

is there any way to deal with the adamantine tax there? Specifically for Particle Blade?

how do you spend an hour and a half on a basic character sheet.

While you guys are fawning over Ruhiel, I'm making a Hellknight that'll hate her for being a half-giant abomination. He's a committed human supremacist, after all.

>DSP monster classes allowed
>monstrous races aren't

Hmm

I hope you enjoy being rejected, user.

What do we know about the LotLK CharGen so far?

Why?

This is like making a character for Jade Regent that is specifically targeted to give yourself an excuse to kill Ameiko.

No, scratch that, this is like making a character for RotJR that is mechanically designed to kill Onryou, specifically.

Where do I find those?

I'm sorry me and my players don't have every goddamned rule memorized and need things written down

Roll20

Christ dude

>mechanically designed to kill Onryou, specifically.

Hey now,

Valeriya is going pretty well for herself.

Level 3, 25 PB, 3rd Party Allowed.

I doubt they'll actually allow monstrous races from DSP, they're basically saying 'psionics and whateverthefuckelse allowed'

>No, scratch that, this is like making a character for RotJR that is mechanically designed to kill Onryou, specifically.
There were at least two apps for RotJR designed to fuck Onryou despite the fact that SEagle mentioned she'd dislike being romanced by either one.

Why would I fawn over them when I could fawn over fauns?

He did specifically say that DSP monster classes are allowed.

No gestalt?

To be fair, both of those were just genuinely awful and nobody in their right mind would give them the time of day.

Which ones?

no way of searching by level, and most posts don't have sheets attached

>Tuvarkz WoTR is flourishing despite all attempts by the Cabal

Feels good.

This would be pretty good in an Iron Gods game right?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo-alchemist-archetypes/crypt-breaker

I think IDrive made a tiefling at one point before he went with a centaur futa instead, and two other guys made lizardfolk. One of those was actually fairly competent, if bizarre. The other was hilariously terrible.

Where