Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1597: Pepe Silvia Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

theallguardsmenparty.com/pilgrims.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do your CP parasites (companions in gay patois) pay off their immense CP debt to you?

By not leaving me alone with no one who can understand me for a period of tens of thousands of years.

They pay for themselves, really, just by keeping me sane.

>gay patois

???

Mostly by being friends and family to me, honestly. At this point they're closer to me than they are to anything else in existence anyway thanks to all the power and alterations they have - they're not going to leave me, even though what they do is typically separate from what I do in a jump, and they have their own stories apart from mine.

Except for SHODAN anyway.

That bitch.

If I didn't give them CP, they'd probably leave.

I'd hardly call someone I chose to take along with me and who I freely decide to give CP to 'parasites'.

Hrm... Depending on perspective, Tyranids might already ignore the square-cube law. If we include the Forge World additions, they definitely do (check out the Hierophant Bio-Titan.)

>Except for SHODAN

Not Jumpchain related, but this right here? This is my favorite villain of any game.
"I have suffered your company long enough. It is time for our dance to end."

this

I want to set SHODAN and GLADOS up together. Then watch the fireworks from the moon.

SHODAN really is one of the better villains in fiction.

(I brought her along with me as a companion, and she promptly apotheosized in the next jump.)

hooked her up to Eclipse phase computronim?

Just imagine if you installed GLaDOS, SHODAN and Dragon (from Worm) as the three parts of the Magi computer (Evangelion.)

Nope. Soul Hackers. Wherein by going digital god she can become an actual god by being eaten by and consequently subsuming the Great Spirit.

That sounds like something someone needs to do, because it would just be hilarious.

When did Factorio get finished?

That sounds rather cruel to Dragon.

A couple days ago, the maker posted a pastebin with intentions to make a pdf. Why?

Portal, System Shock, Worm, and Evangelion getting crammed together with the Setting Combination from the Alt-Chain Builder could make this happen.

I shutter to think what the Endbringers would look like in that kind of world. But that sounds like one absolutely awesome setting for massive mecha battles.

It would need a kick ass name though.

>Portal

It'd also include Half-Life in that instance, given that Portal and HL are in the same universe.

CP parasites? Most companion imports give way, way more CP to your companions than you pay to import them.
They're not parasites, they're CP multipliers.

They're also effectively unkillable.
Load them up with all the frontline fighting perks, take the backline/planning perks for yourself, minimize the chance for chain failure.
Every enemy who wants to kill you has to go through 8 OCP's before he can even try to lay a hand on you.

Even if you don't give a shit about companionship and lasting bonds you should take the full 8 companions wherever possible.
Just make sure they're loyal and don't go running off with your shiny outsourced powers in the middle of the chain.

Also with all the appearance perks i have normal people are just so... ugly.
No, for my harem i need waifus with an equal number of appearance perks to match my magnificence.

Portal Shock EvanScion

From my short time on /jc/ I don't think I've seen a single thread go by where Wharhammer doesn't come up. I'm not saying that to take some bullshit high ground, but I have to ask...

How exactly does one go about learning what the fuck is going on with this setting?

Every time I go digging for a information on the i.p., I leave more confused than before I started. It only makes it more irritating that seemingly everyone else on these threads seems to be on the exact same page.

...I mean, it probably doesn't help that I haven't touched a tabletop rpg in my life, but still, throw me a bone here.

Last thread had issues so posting here

Theres a story called seol station necromancer that has a skill like that, he uses souls for armor and depending on how much damage would be done the skill burns souls to block it.

He tanked an rpg round with a couple tens of souls iirc. So I like things like that. Not that user by the way just saying something only tangentally related.

Good morning everyone

I hope you're having a nice day today.

I dont import them. I give them stuff and teach them stuff.

Well, yeah, naturally. That's kind of what I mean about the Endbringers being so terrifying. Angels being mixed with Endbringers with a dash of Xen? That /would/ have pants-brownening results.

UUUUGH! No! Bad user! Bad! Don't make me get the newspaper!

Personally I was toying with a name like, "The Worst of Us" given Worm and Evangeleon's focus on... well... screwed up people.

Moma chan moma chan never ever give up!

I learned it by osmosis via tg.

But there are books to real and its a game too.

I was mildly surprised to see it, having completely missed the thread in which it was posted and discussed.

Broken Dreams and Titanic Beings?

I needed a "good" AI to offset GLaDOS and SHODAN. She's the first one that I thought of that qualified.

For more shenanigans, give the resultant Magi computer access to an Automata 5 factory (from Genius, though don't give it any procedures for Wonders).

Then sit back and watch how whatever hapless world you're on deals with a Triumvirate of AI's with access to manufacturing tools (and their own knowledge of robotics, computers, manufacturing, and bullshit-tinker/thinker tech.)

Man... That's a great name for that kind of setting, yeah. Kind of obvious too now that you've tossed it out there.

Speaking of "good" AI...
Has Worm_user made any progress on the cyberpunk Jump?

I still like the Portal Shock one though. Largely because it's stupid and annoying. Rather like the setting would be. Unless enough humor(dark humor sure, but humor) was injected by Portal.

Have this: theallguardsmenparty.com/pilgrims.html

What do you think taking two tech tree type perks would do? Make it more specific or something? Is it even worth taking two?

But that's the great part about the merged setting idea. It doesn't have to be stupid and annoying if you combine the ideas right. Sure, it would be an edgefest no matter how you slice it with both Worm and Evangelion added into that mix, but I think the dark humor of Portal could lighten it up enough.

not worth it.

>CP Parasites
>Not purchasing all the fiat-loyal companions
>Not importing them every time you can
>Not given them perk sharing perks so they can give you the things you buy with them
>Not getting yourself Link from Seven Deadly Sins so you can always have all their strength and abilities
>Not getting them Monk from Overlord so they can soak damage from you
>Not getting Decoy from Worm so they can die instead of you every time you take enough damage
>Not storing them in your Inner World as your brainwashing of centuries has basically turned them into walking mindless power batteries while you keep importing them before reclaiming once again into your Inner World
T̜̜̼̰͙͚̱͔̖̪̯̯̻͈͇̗́́h̵̩͉̯̖͓̹̗̱͡e̷̛̜̞̜̰͎͇̟͓̫͠ŗ̱̖̼͎͚̺̪̙͈̰̰͔͈͜͠ȩ̶̪̙̬̻͚̘͓̘̤̱̭̕ͅ ̶̧̨͇̰̜̣̘͎̜̳̭̭͖͇̀͜i̵̵̢̪͉̫̺̼̞͙͔͜͡ş̛̹͚̘̬͎̗̩̜͇̕͟ ̧̣͎̗͍̥̗͚̞̼͔ͅn̴̶̶̘͈͔͈̺͙͇̖̟͟͞ó̷͍̳̼͢ ̶̵͉̫̱͕͢e̵̫̙̻͔̬̪͕̜̝͕̪͓̯̭͖̥͉͘͢͜ͅͅş̴̤̱̩͉͔̻̮̫̗͢͟c̸̗̙͖̼a̮̞̥̠̦͠ͅp̶͖̜̞͈͢͞ḛ̢̧̗͖͈̦ ̴̨̺̱̩̣͢͠f̮͇͎͖̰̺̱̹̦͇̯̻͞͞r̵̤͇̠o̶̖̘̦̦̹̩̗͕͙͇̘̞̤̘̘̣ͅm̵̫͎͙͇̠̘̘̝̬̯̥̠͕͝ͅ ̸̴̨̻͔̦̗̯̺͟͝t̶͉̗͓̜͚͈̮̗̣͈̤̦͓͚̰̫̤̼̀ͅh͚͔̥̯̕̕ȩ̤̮̝̤̘̥͙̗̫̖̯́ ̸̷͕͕͎͇̠͚̘͖̯̩̙͔͠J̸̘̱̭̗͚͜͠͡ų̧̟͈̰͕̬m̛̙̺̟͙̠̮̩̬̹̬̹͚̙̥͈̰͝p̬̗̙̤͇̹͍̝̘̱̗̕͠e̴͚̺̰̭̺̕͟͞ͅͅr̨̹̘̥̝͓̩̭͓͡͞

You're going to have to be more specific. You mean two perks that let you see technological development as a tech tree? No, I don't think that would offer anything special, unless they modeled the tree in different ways. Like, if we had a Beyond Earth jump (wasn't someone working on one of those?), combining the tech web with a tech tree could have interesting applications.

>Maybe I'm not understanding the problem user has, but Black Sheep already exists in the jump, giving people the option to take other Races outside of their alignment.
Ok, let me try again. from the text of the Black Sheep Jump.
>Don’t wish to be Evil, but want to be a Demon. Want to be a Witch but not be Good or Evil. Well, it is possible, but either difficult or requiring some interesting circumstances to make happen. Thankfully for you, you can get it quite easy.
It is about one of the Magical Races being other that their alignment. Which is apparently hard, and carries a surcharge.
But doing some builds made me realize the implementation was making a overpricing the usual result, Half-demons like Cole. In the setting, it is NOT unexpected or difficult for a half-demon to choose Evil. That is apparently the expected result, after all. A half-demon being evil is NOT a Black Sheep in the setting, and is what the first half-breed in the setting started the series as.

And in the setting, what allowed him to change was his human soul, allowing him to be other than evil. That sounds like humans (and half humans) innately have Black Sheep in the setting, to choose what path they walk.

Giving Humans Black Sheep would solve this problem, and match them not getting Dabbler for free like everyone else.

tl;dr It shouldn't cost more to have a half-demon be Evil, or a half-whitelighter be Good. That's not being a Black Sheep, that's in fact what most in the setting assumes would happen.

How quickly could you build in Factorio as a Jumper?
Also, Isekai Jump when?

How much do you abuse alternate dimension hopping? I don't undestand how people complained about time-travel when this is far more broken. It's basically unlimited resources and unless there is a fail condition drawback a basically get away from everything free card.

I mean like in the Civ jump, where you just know the needed steps to get to a certain point. Like if you wanted to build rockets, you'd know the necessary steps.

>How quickly could you build in Factorio as a Jumper?
Depends on what you've got perks wise.

>Also, Isekai Jump when?
If you mean Generic Isekai, I dropped it a while ago. If you mean Lazy Dungeon Master, then I'm not sure. It'll be done when it's done, but I can't give a specific date right now.

I need magical focuses for my build, what are some good artifacts, or perks for fashioning a focus of sorts?

I got Arturia and Lancelot, and then Gil right afterwards. I guess it is a nice day for me indeed.
If I get involved in shit it's my duty as someone who probably caused it to see it through. Jumping to another dimension to avoid consequences instead of trying to fix the damage is a huge cop-out. I have a enough plot armor and luck perks to deal with shit if it goes tits up for me.

I'm not opposed to some Second Magic abuse for biggaton mana, though.

I just got a bunch of nice craft essences for the most part. I was able to power up Lancer Cu a bunch, I've got Darius as a potential Berserker I guess, Medea has a fully upgrade NP if I ever want to use her. Mostly it was the Craft Essences and the free pick ticket being used on EMIYA though.

I don't abuse them that much, for two reasons. One is that I've got a lot of properties that follow me from jump to jump, and I don't want to lose access to them. I'm sure I could find a parallel world with similar properties that I could gain access to by taking the place of that world's version of me, but I wouldn't have any of the guaranteed loyalty stuff going on with them. And the more supernatural properties I don't think would exist at all, they're alien to the local multiverse.

That brings the second reason I don't really use dimensions-hopping: all the alternate versions of settings I really want to go to are so different from the original that I don't think they'd actually be in the local multiverse. Too many differences in the physics or metaphysics compared to canon. So I wouldn't be able to go anywhere I wanted to. So that just leaves using alternate dimensions for quick jaunts. Heading out to pick up resources, as you said, or sometimes find technology that would be useful to me (though I can usually make that myself with all my perks). Sometimes taking a brief vacation if the current world has gotten pretty crazy and chaotic, heading off to the beach dimension can be relaxing. But yeah, I don't permanently leave the place Jump-chan drops me into.

Eye of Set from Sword&Sorcery is nice.

It basically invalidates the end jump reward, that explains most of why people enjoy it. No need for a Spark.

Get the broadstrokes of the setting down. The Imperium and its history leads into Chaos, both of which the setting revolves around. The various Xeno races are also important for their own reasons and more so in certain conflicts, but ultimately secondary. When in doubt Google specific events, locations, things, and people to understand what others are talking about. You'll slowly piece together an understanding.

I kinda do a similar thing like and sap magical energy from other dimensions on a planetary or even solar system-like scale when I need biggatons. It's generally a renewable resource and I'm careful not to leave it to the point the world will die without it...

However, being a pseudo-Eldrazi now, it's within reason I could use Manavore and other combos to actually take out every last drop of energy a dimension has to offer and then wield that, then repeat en masse until powered up. Thing is, not only would this probably make me explode from handling more than I could reasonably contain or wield, it's also multi-dimensional genocide and not something I could live with doing.

There are tons of ways to get unlimited resources or get away from anything free in jumpchain.
Most of them are less effort than dimension hopping.

For unlimited resources it's as easy as having jumped Minecraft, Terraria, Star Trek, SupCom, any D&D jumps or countless others.
Unlimited resources is small potatoes for a jumper unless you deliberately avoid getting them.

As for "get away from everything free", in the vast majority of settings (read: anything without space travel) it's as easy as getting a spaceship, which are easily available in any size from 1-person starfighter to "that's not a moon".
Or just buying the Force Wall option for your warehouse.

As for your question, i generally don't.
After picking up general survival basics i go to jumps where i like interacting with the settings, so there'd be no point.
I already have all the power i want after jump 5. I could fail my chain and still live happily ever after.
Every jump i do after that is for the sake of jumping, any additional power is just a bonus.

I just went to 1d4chan wiki.

Try Arch Warhammer's videos on YouTube.

you can learn a lot and laugh if you watch the "If The Emperor Had a Text-To-Speech Device" series of videos on Youtube.

>make me explode from handling more than I could reasonably contain or wield
There are perks for that.

>it's also multi-dimensional genocide and not something I could live with doing
There are perks for that. You probably are used to this kind of things anyway, aren't you?

Are there any jumps I could go to for any kind of "survival science"? Anything that would let me direct my high science know-how for survival in very low-tech environments.

If not that, anything that grants unreal survival skills in hostile/foreign environments would probably have the same effect. I only ask because I've found perks along that line to be surprisingly rare.

>Lazy Dungeon Master
>done when it's done
Seems appropriate. If you're spending most of your time sleeping.

I abuse Terraria for most resources. That said, I do interact with and interfere in the world - I try to keep "main plot" interference minimal until all my pieces are in place, then bring things to a close as quickly as possible.

>I got Arturia and Lancelot, and then Gil right afterwards.

YOU ARE A BAD PERSON.

>Generic Isekai, I dropped it a while ago

Why? I was waiting for it.

Just do a lookup on the local multiverse. If you're diligent you'll find enough universes lacking in life but not energy to get a good power up eventually.

Actually reading the corebook and your favorite faction codex. That's what I did. For extra fluff I usually look for videos, use the lexicanum wiki and some times 1d4chan (it helps to understand the meta more than the lore).

I have also read a few Horus Heresy novels.

Warhammer is one of those things when there are lots of authors and it's been out there for a really long time, so it can get really confusing at times. Also, everything ever said is also canon and not canon at the same time, somewhere.

I mean, you're free to make it yourself if you'd like. I dropped it because it wasn't having any fun making it

IT'S NOT MY FAULT GIL DECIDED TO FOLLOW ARTURIA

I'M KEEPING HIM FAR AWAY FROM HER I SWEAR.

Also I save up my quartz and I just happened to be really lucky in the NA Gatcha I swear. I haven't rolled a single event servant yet in the JPN Gatcha. My JPB Gatcha luck is poor.

Nah, maybe after I finish the ones I'm doing right now.

>I'M KEEPING HIM FAR AWAY FROM HER I SWEAR.

Why thou? Gil obviously deserves Altria

>Anything that would let me direct my high science know-how for survival in very low-tech environments.
Isn't that just reading your high school science textbooks with eidetic memory?
Do you really need a perk especially for that?

I guess you could take the Self Help Books from History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, read them and be done with it.
"How to survive X" definitely falls under the books that covers.

Otherwise there's a survival perk right in Pokemon for 100cp.

I'm starting to believe you are a contrarian like Bancho said.

̶W̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶U̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ Cyperpunk Jump when?

Yeah... When you put it like that I guess it is a little redundant. It's just that when I was contemplating doing a civilization themed chain (the concept, not the games) I was surprised that there were so few perks dedicated solely to survival. You'd think that it would be muck more common, like charisma and strength perks are.

Fiat backed perks aren't really necessary for survival knowledge or skills though (and there are plenty of perks to boost knowledge and skills in general.)

>Alt-Chain Builder
?

>Why thou? Gil obviously deserves Altria

I want to ship Lancer-Arthuria and Caster Gil in F/GO.

This thread is full of them. Ricrod is just really obvious on his baiting. That's why he barely gets anyone upset.

SB's Challenge-like stuff

Have a copy.

Your Alt-Chain Wiafu is a shit, Yorokonde.
A SHIT!

Please don't, it still hurts

Neat.

Why not call it a Supplement and drop it in the drive?

Well, it's not really something you need a perk for, is it?
Basic survival is stuff that anyone who's not retarded can pick up in a few weeks of reading and practice.

"Survival science" is just actually using your knowledge, whether you gained it from a perk or the old fashioned way.
There's tons of science perks. Does every one of those now need an extra perk for actually using it?

And basic survival knowledge for a setting is kind of assumed to be in your background memories if you're not a drop in.

autism would explode.

Yoro has shit taste about everything but Fate Servants. This and other facts everyone already knew at 11.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't go there. It's a great little supplement for writing with. But I didn't make it and last I heard the author was still tinkering with it. Adding more options as they were suggested and the like.

It's kind of assumed that Jumpers get to choose what they get from jumps and supplements, and this is more like a bunch of options for writers who want to do something besides a regular chain. I don't particularly want it on the drive, since trying to get it on there would be a huge shit storm that nobody needs.

One if these days someone will ask, not really expecting a reply, and Worm_user will just plop down the new jump like a boss. You have to have faith, user!

>I save up my quartz
SO DO I.

120 QUARTZ. 120! AND ALL I GOT IS A GODDAMN STHENO!

Real talk, tho. Should I spend the ticket on Emiya or Heracles?

>Caster Gil

Isn't he dreamy?

Yeah, I'm not even gonna argue with you there. It's a nasty habit of mine to get hung up on nifty ideas for chains, long before actually attempting them. As a result I end up getting way too hung up on perks.

Admittedly, I'm probably going a little over the top with this pseudo-apology by now, but I have to wonder if I'm the only one with this particular problem.

Your husbando is garbage.

The only thing Archer Gil deserves is my spear in his gut.

CasGil is cute, though. Still wouldn't ship him with Arturia but he's alright.

Because a certain other forum did things like this first and some people around here would be really if we started following the same path.

Although I think it's only natural to experiment with the system after almost three years of chumpchain.

I got EMIYA since Heracles Supports are so common and I really needed a good Archer. If you want Berserkules for yourself for double fuck shit up action, that's also a good choice though.

Personally, I'd like it in the supplement folder, even if noted as being out of character as opposed to in character.

It's not my husbando user. It's Arthuria's.

Lies. Gil is Enkidu's waifu.

You know I'm surprised to see that there is no John Wick jump on the drive
Has anyone claimed it or is there a WIP
Asking out of curiosity

>Your husbando

But I'm a man.

Don't lie Nikamoth, I know you like him and Cu.

EMIYA, Heckles is indeed EZ mode as someone who was lucky enough to roll him, but Heckles loses his god status and becomes just normal servant status after early game. He's still useful, just not an instant win button you can slam.

EMIYA on the other hand is the reverse. Starts from being alright to suckish depending on how you use him and he becomes a crit god after strengthening quest. I'd go with EMIYA because he's a long term investment that pays off tremendously.

Either Alt-Form Armoire or Form/Loot/Power-Locked (Form Locked version) needs to be removed. As written, not taking Alt-Form Armoire gives you the effects of Form Locked (if you cannot return to a precious form without it)

>vʨ
Make this v1.0 or something. Otherwise if it gets updated it become hard to tell what the current version is.

>but I have to wonder if I'm the only one with this particular problem.
You're not. I've actually made it SOP to ask myself "do i actually need a perk for this/do i need this fiat-backed" before buying something because i'm always short on CP.

Perks are for abilities. Or attribute boosts. Everything you can learn isn't worth CP when you can just pick up a good learning perk, eidetic memory and some intelligence boosts.

someone made a stake on it a while back, nothing's come of it. I myself have a fairly shitty WIP, but I've got other projects I want to finish first.

Go for it, man.