Mtg Pauper

Can we get a pauper thread going?

What are you playing?

Brewing anything good?

Hating?

What do want printed at common?

Do you have a paper pauper scene?

Playing Burn
Thinking of trying this as Thermo-Alchemists 5-8. Being able to swing for 2 makes it very interesting.

>Playing
MTGO: Mono black control
Paper: Disciple Affinity

>Brewing
Tuning and mashing together a paper UR Delver for a change of pace. Looks fun

>Hating
Uninteractive aggro decks

>Printed at common
black "lightning bolt" type card

>Paper scene
When I lived in London the shop I frequented ran events occasionally, it was great fun. Nowadays I barely play magic at all since I moved out of the country

Not pauper, but Noble.
Working on a Goblin Dipplomats/red control deck.
Mostly to fuck with the other players.

Opinions on UR Delver? Definitely going to buy it as my entry into pauper and the legacy-esque blue power has me interested

It's fucking DELVER, of course it's gonna be good.

brewing mono W enchantments matter

just built mono B exalted

Delver, Kiln Fiend, Fling, Bolt, Ponder, Brainstorm.

UR is breddy gud in almost any context.

I've been messing around with the idea of big red, martyr of ashes seems really good

>black "Lightning Bolt" type card
Gotcha, buddy

That's a lava spike not bolt

Currently playing UR counterburn with thermo-alchemist+tandem, looking forward to getting redundancy with firebrand archer.

pharikas touch or w/e

>BB
>Deal 2 to target creature or player and gain 2 life

its a shock but not in terms of life swing

Chainer's edict is legal in paper even though it hasn't seen a paper printing right?

i think that's how it works

What archetypes do you feel are missing from pauper?

>Playing
Atm I'm playing Boror Kuldotha/Monarch with the intent of tuning it to my Battle Box. After some testing and consultation with the Pauper Subreddit I'm settling with Kuldotha.

>Brewing
Not a brew but behold this pile of cards! It's bloody amazing!

>Hating
I do NOT comprehend how Tron decks, especially Dinrova Tron, manage to stay relevant. Their package seems inconsistent, all over the place and not impactful enough. I need to get some games in as Tron I think but at present unless I hit Moment's Peace I have NO idea how to stabilize as Dinrova Tron.

>What do want at Common
Any 3cmc 2damage red sweeper. I think it'll be too powerful but I also think we need it.

>Do I have a paper pauper scene

No ;_;

I'm told it's significantly more difficult to play than Mono U Delver but honestly the thought of Counterspell and Daze being backed up by Lightning Bolt and SKRED just made me cum my pants so gimme a sec to clean up.

Thats not a burn spell though.

What would you take out?

You mean this?

Curse of the Pierced Heart maybe if they're running any? I think burn only has 1-2 of those now with Thermo Alchemist being popular.

Playing a really gimmicky g/b aristocrats style combo deck. Started off as thoughtpicker until many games of thoughtpicker witch doing absolutely nothing. Kept in the ivy lane denizen, persist and sac outlet combo.

Also playing affinity when I actually want to win matches.

Yep. pauper is online-only sanctioned, so it only takes common printings online.

For this reason, Sinkhole isn't legal in pauper online despite having common printings in paper. (though I think it would be banned even if it were legal)

This is only really a concern in a few cases like Battle Screech and Chainer's Edict and a couple others that escape me right now, but in general just check the printings online if you're unsure!

4 Keldon Marauders
4 Thermo Alchemist

4 Chain Lightning
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lava Spike
4 Flame Rift
4 Searing Blaze
4 Fireblast
4 Needle Drop
4 Rift Bolt

4 Forgotten Cave
16 Mountain

This is the best burn list possible

Sensible, sensible. You'd have some deckbuilding hoops though, and it seems JUST conditional enough to lose relevance.

Have you guys been having success with it?

Seems fair to try testing with the archer in place of keldon. I don't think it's strictly better or worse, but the archer can potentially get more damage in over time by making your burn spells each go one step farther.

I think it's generally just a replacement for a chemist myself.

Keldon does something even if it eats a kill spell. Archer cant even block well and just dies to any damage and is also usless by itself. D:

Its just pauper though so you can surely change any slot and still be fine

I play it in mono reds side so i never have a problem