I made this thing. What should I change/add/remove? I want to make a backstory/character creation workbook as well...

I made this thing. What should I change/add/remove? I want to make a backstory/character creation workbook as well, and a campaign planning workbook. Any ideas for what should be included?

The end goal would be to have a big workbook you could crack open whenever you're going to run a game and just fill it out for an easy start. You can fill out the same page multiple times as necessary. (ie- the 'region' page could be the entire planet, or do it again for the country, then again for the city...)

Backstory/character creation workbook should have-
>figure out abilities
>physical description
>possessions
>important past events
>3x3x3 style npc worksheet (mentors, family, enemies, etc)

Campaign planning workbook should have-
>Brief summary of the 'idea' of your campaign, possible systems,
>win condition for campaign/PC goals
>important npc sheet with brief but important info
>session planner sheet
>post-session recap sheet
>dungeon planner sheet
>encounter planner sheet
>trap/puzzle
>player sheets where you track their goals and arcs
>party sheet where you keep important info
>outline for entire story with major plot beats you'd like to hit
>flowcharts to pre-plan important events (ie- if the players go left, this happens, if the players go right, this happens instead)

Any ideas for other shit to include, or things to change/add to the worldbuilding one?

Nice

The map might work better as a labeled hex grid, but I like what you have so far!

Thanks. Maybe I'll add that so people can do whichever they prefer. Good idea

one humble bump

this is actually pretty handy, thanks OP
I guess long-term people might find some things more useful than others and end up customizing their own sheets, but this is a hell of a lot better than starting with a blank page staring at you

This is awesome. Thanks OP!

Wow this is pretty awesome man, good on you for making it. Can't wait to see what else you do.

>all worlds have gods, and multiple races
>all worlds are fantasy / D&D worlds
>I need a special frame to draw art in

It's good though. Don't take anything out, only thing I suggest adding is a section with a list of questions that make people think about aspects of their world they might not otherwise think of. Maybe as an appendix. Pretty good work OP I'll bookmark this thread in case you upload a second version before thread dies.

Not all worlds have those, but most have at least one of each!

To be fair, a world without demihumans may have several ethnicities that refer to each other as being different 'races'.

Isn't that what we used to do?

Yea that's kind of why I went with race, since it could also be used as an ethnicity. And really it says "race/culture" since there are usually more than one culture in a world. But the idea is for it to be versatile and helpful regardless of the world you're creating. If anyone finds any of it restrictive just let me know and I'll change it or add a page that applies to your situation.

OP was a legitimately cool guy today. Have you thrown this into /wbg/ yet?

I think I posted it once, feel free to post. I try to share my collection of weird coastal references with them every now and then, among other shit. They're good people

Good job.

Have a bump.

Better to include than exclude common features, I say.
Saved, I'll look over this over tonight.

Thanks

Any ideas for the character workbook and campaign workbook? I'll probably make those this weekend or tonight

Have you considered running this by the worldbuilding general? I'm sure they'd love this kind of thing.

I posted it once I think. Someone said it was good for a typical fantasy 'monoculture.' Didn't know what he meant. But, yea, they're cool. Feel free to post it there if you want, whatevs. Or wherever. It's for sharing yknow

Thanks OP user. You rock.

I kinda like it. I might even use it.

thanks for your hard work, OP.

I dunno for me I usually make characters that have a specific goal whether it's reconnect with family, fulfill a promise, etc. It's one thing I find other people tend to overlook too often so I feel like a spot where you fill out why a person is doing what they're doing is important. Also I would stress the necessity of adding ties to the world. Family, friends, enemies or even objects or places. Characters should feel like they fit into the world. Also great work OP I'm going to use these all the time and I'm eager for more.

That's a good idea, thanks!

Ok there might be mistakes and it's a first pass, but here's the campaign planner.

Please take a quick look at this and let me know if you see any actual errors or if you think anything should be added/changed etc. I'll go over it again tomorrow and see if I have any new ideas but it'll help to have more eyes. I got a little lazy on some pages, but feel free to point out anything that seems useless/wrong etc

bump before bed

I use this to get everything down when I want to make a new race.
Yours doesn't look bad but I feel like it gets lost on trivialities and there's no space for actual important shit.

I would recommend expanding on the number of slots in the party section, I think 8 would be enough for most groups.

Also, I'm eagerly awaiting the form-fillable version.

Yea I figured you could just fill that one out twice if you had more than 4, else there's not much room for notes on each player. But since there's a main sheet you could fill out for each maybe I'll change it into a simple list with basic info instead and more slots

Thanks, that's really cool. What are some things you consider really important? What are trivial things? I sort of thought it would help to ask about things that would be useful that the dm might not think of on his own, but I can see how some of that might be pretty trivial desu

Bump for more opinions on I'll start fixing it up with some of the suggestions you all had and some other ideas, then I'll look into fixing the worldbuilding one so they go together a little better

I might combine them into one big file and then have all the separate form-fillable pages available in a mega folder or whatever. I feel like saving the form fillable one multiple times for different things will be helpful. (eg the Player sheet where you write a player's goals, npcs, important items, etc. You'd definitely want to fill that out once per PC.)

Alright, combined the campaign and worldbuilding workbooks into one pdf for now, added/changed some stuff. They're form fillable but I didn't go ham making it perfect since the actual forms might change but I'll spend time making sure they're great eventually. Still need to figure out the 'character' section for like backstory creation and whatnot.

I'd appreciate opinions, if anyone wants to take a look and tell me if anything major is missing that you'd find helpful.

Thanks for this man, I'll definitely be using it for my next campaign!

Is this the one you posted in the world building general?

Thanks man. Really useful to keep track of shit

This is amazing. Thanks so much, user.

Yea, still a wip sort of. I want to add a whole character creation thing too