/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

"Pretentious Elitism" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.0.0) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
mediafire.com/file/sbaiodixbeoxxd1

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Prev: As a player, or as a GM, what do you see as your greatest accomplishment in the system?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkN4gcOko5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Nemesis the Warlock is the grandpappy of Warhammer 40K:

Do daemons have a concept of gratefulness or similar?

For instance, if a BC party created an unbound daemonhost purely so the daemon can do whatever it wants, would it not attack them?

No, it would still hate them for sticking it into a host.

Please give me a planet with something interesting going on, and at least some kind of armed conflict, but that my characters won't have to "solve" or create any lasting effects on.

>Do daemons have a concept of gratefulness or similar?

I'd say Daemons only have very, very limited concepts of gratefulness, especially towards mortals - and one definitely wouldn't be grateful for being imprisoned inside a shitty and painful mortal body, not unless it has specific plans or goals that it can only carry out in such form. Also goes without saying that only a sufficiently intelligent/nuanced daemon would even find itself in a situation where gratitude may be a factor in the first place.

As for potentially existing daemonic gratitude, There must be a lot of individual variety, but the Big Four's daemons probably each have their own general disposition.

Nurgle's daemons are probably the most jovial of all, perhaps the most human-like when it comes to gratitude, however, they are most likely to express this gratefulness by granting the human various gifts of Granpappy Nurgle, which the human in question may, or may not want, and may or may not die horribly to.

Slaneesh's daemons can probably feel grateful for either being shown a new exhilaration (if mortals can ever achieve such a thing), or being given an utterly free avenue to spread excess and madness (attempts to control them probably quickly nix it) - of course, their gratitude is probably shallow, limited to either empty promises, or is a honeypot to lure the mortal in question ever deeper into Slaneesh's service.

Khorne's daemons are probably the least likely to be grateful for anything, depending on whether their disposition is that of "mindless bloodletting fiend" or "honorable psychopath". Even the honorable ones' gratitude probably just means they restrain themselves, or hand out some manner of honor from Khorne.

Tzeentch daemons are probably eager to show gratitude, and equally eager to afterwards backstab or fuck you over at the earliest convenience - their gratitude is invariably either a trap, or part of a scheme.

Here's one you can use from a story I've been working on. But it requires you to:
A) Be able to play up the physics of a gas giant that humans should absolutely not be living on (which they are anyway)
B) Not mind/Enjoy/be able to work around the rampant steampunk aesthetics of the locals

>Crown Joule
A gas giant in the Ultima Segmentum (I haven't bothered yet to name the system or sector, so go crazy). Crown Joule has been of extreme interest to the Adeptus Mechanicus in the past millennium after the discovery of new and impossible chemicals and compounds in its atmosphere never before studied. After settling the planet's upper atmosphere, where there is a "safe" oxygen stratum, the techpriests discovered massive constructs floating in the lower layers. Infiltrating these "dirigibles" revealed they were airborne Necron vessels – not tombs, but processing stations transforming the planet from its natural state into something else over the past eons. Thankfully, the Mechanicus have since been reinforced by Imperial Guard regiments, specifically the Praetorions for maximum dapper britishness. Deeper into the planet, toward it's core, however, the storms, gravity and toxins get inhospitably worse, and the Necrons do battle with the inhabitants of a corrupted space hulk that has inexplicably found itself embedded into the rocky core of the planet. Possessed mainly by Slaaneshi daemons, the hulk is doing something profane to the planet. Only the Eldar Harlequins, a "flying circus" if you will, know what's really going on, and are more than happy to lend exposition to the human settlers with a few strings attached.

spoiler, the Necrons are trying to transform Crown Joule into a brand new C'tan entity. What they plan on doing with it after it's born (if it's even possible) is a matter of speculation that won't be solved any time soon, but either way the Slaaneshi daemons are trying to euthanize, or worse, hijack this proto-C'tan for Chaos.

Armageddon

>steampunk
Absolutely not
>Techpriest Cloud City
>Necron Blimps
>Space Hulk inside a planet
>Harlequins
Okay, maybe

You know after all these years I've never once thought about that. I mean, did the Necrontyr mechanize all of the C'tan in the galaxy? Are there any still out there, unmolested by technology? Can more C'tan ever be born at a later time or is their species all but extinct now?

Either way, the idea of Necrons trying to artificially make more of them isn't bad. A new C'tan could tip the balance of power completely in the favor of a single opportunistic deity. I'm stealing it.

How about a fuck-huge space station instead?

Screengrabbed because the description went beyond character limit.

>deity
A shit, I meant to say dynasty.

You deserve that typo you dirty thief!

You could at least specify some details about the world you'd like so we know you've put at least a little thought into it on your end. The way you've worded it it sounds like you don't feel like thinking and just want us to do all your prep work for you.

My group was a big fan of a place called Squigtopia:
>ork world with a small human encampment of survivalists
>something on the planet makes the squigs grow so virulently and gargantuan and super-aggressive that the orks have an incredibly hard time controlling them.
>the entire Waaagh! that conquered the planet has been reduced to a few vestigial camps and landing zones (offworld orks hear about the big game hunting on the planet and still crash down to the planet to have a piece every once in a while)
>plenty of overgrown ork/imperial ruins from ages past and treasure to be looted from them
It's basically Jurassic Park or Skull Island but with orks.

That's exactly what I want you to do

Well, you've got three earnest (you)s, guess I can't blame you if it works.

Desperately seeking another game to play in.

Additionally, has anyone ever run a game set during the Horus Heresy, how has it worked out for you?

>run a game set during the Horus Heresy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well what are you looking for? Text or voice based? What system(s)?

Will do either text or voice based, looking for anything except maybe Deathwatch.

I've had players visit there a couple times, and I've had players essentially become Legionaries, Consuls, and Praetors over time, but I've never set a game there from the start.

I'd be interested in a text based game, if there's anything happening.

Where do yall get your floor plans from? I'm running a sort of free form Only War session where I left players behind enemy lines and they need to figure out a way out, and I need quick floor plans on the fly.

The books already have some floor plans. I also look at zone mortalis maps in FW books.

>As a player, or as a GM, what do you see as your greatest accomplishment in the system?
actually getting to play it again.

>Please give me a planet with something interesting going on, and at least some kind of armed conflict, but that my characters won't have to "solve" or create any lasting effects on.
just about each and every world in the screaming vortex.

I think I might be able to run either a Dark-Eldar themed RT game or a regular BC one on Mondays around 2pm EDT. Text w/ roll20 and discord. Would that work for either of you? I suppose I should also post in gamefinder later if there's interest.

Do servitors work in wet environments or even underwater or do I have to come up with a statline for an amphibious servitor?

IIRC they're basically lobotomized humans. How far said procedure goes depends on what the servitor's going to be used for. That waste processing plant ain't gunna run itself. Someone (or something) has to shovel all that shit.

>As a player, or as a GM, what do you see as your greatest accomplishment in the system?

Being able to keep a coherent IRL Rogue Trader campaign going, with at times year-long periods between sessions, for the last five years, and not totally losing what the plot has been about.

Servitors have the Machine trait generally, so they don't need to breathe. But a Servitor will be specifically built if its supposed to work underwater to protect its electronics and what not. Servitors are basically robots with meat-parts after all.

Well, one of my OW players wants to play as an Enginseer Prime on a world with so little land that cybernetic gills are standard equipment in the regiment. I'm not very well versed in engineering but I suppose salt water, humidity and jungles are not easy on metal.

Not overtime, no. But considering the technological mastery of the AdMech and the environment, they've probably solved that issue through whatever technobabble that's necessary. Unless you want to make a narrative point out of deteriorating equipment and what not that is.

marines vs marines, how exciting...

Hey anons, any of you willing to give me some ideas/critiques for my Black Crusade game?
The basic premise is this:
>Protagonists escape a massive space battle by fleeing into the Screaming Vortex
>Crash on a planet divided among cults of the 4 major Chaos Gods, as well as weird lesser factions
>There's a gigantic starcraft/Space Hulk physically "chained" to the planet floating in the sky, and for some reason escape from the planet is super difficult
>Prophesy says whoever can unite the servants of chaos/is clever enough can find a way to unchain the starcraft and escape/lead a Black Crusade

This is just sort of the starting point of the campaign. If the players like the planet enough, I can have the McGuffin in the sky be their end goal, but I think they're mostly just going to try and find a clever way off world, which I'll also make possible.
What I'm having trouble with is coming up with clever ideas for leaders devoted to each of the Gods.
So far I've got
>Oenac the Blasted: Champion of Slaanesh, cursed by the goddess to have his senses blunted save sight and hearing. He's a stocky, broad shouldered, incredibly dense figure. He wears a leathery substance that conforms tightly to his body, showing his physique in all its vascular detail. The only glimpse of his flesh that can be seen are his twin rows of small, sharp teeth and his blazing golden eyes.
>Oenac rules the Ebon City, the largest and most fortified permanent settlement on the planet. He's so confident in his dominance that worshipers of other gods are allowed within his realm, and some even serve him directly.

(Cont)

(Cont)
>Semiramis the Brass Queen: Champion of Khorne, she leads the Brazen Legion, an army of ten thousand chaos corrupted war robots. Highly augmented and a formidable combatant, Semiramis has not yet become a mindless killer in service of the blood god and sees herself as his honorable champion, always seeking worthy foes and targets for her raids.
>The Brazen Legion is highly nomadic, followed always by a long train of Hereteks, human aspirants, and assorted hangers on. Some are even survivors of the Brazen Legion's raids, seeking protection in the shadows of the devastating mechanical warriors.

I have literally no idea what to do for a Nurgle champion, and the only thing I know about the Tzeentch champion is that he is, expectedly, extremely sneaky and manipulative. I'm open to any suggestions/fluff you guys might have. I'm particularly interested in non-Astartes/non-Demon chaos leaders of various kinds, but really anything would help to get me rolling.
For non-aligned/lesser factions:
>There is at least one small scout unit of Alpha Legion, operating in the area for reasons unknown and occasionally aiding one faction or another
>The Dark Eldar occasionally raid/trade with the planet. How they come and go is a mystery to the locals, but probably due to some Webway fuckery.
>There are small settlements of humans and mutants, mostly living at a primitive level. They're comparatively peaceful, though they do worship Chaos and can be riled up into raiding each other.
>Cyclopean ruins dot the coasts that are said to be nexuses of Warp Power, their origins unknown. Some say they have seen whole cities made in a similar style sunk deep within the depths of the sea, but any attempts to find them have met with failure or never been heard from again.

Also, generally is this concept too cliche? I feel like "the 4 factions fight for dominance" is kind of typical for a Black Crusade game. I'm trying to think of ways to spice it up a little.

I love the "spaceship literally chained to the planet" thing, feels like a thing Chaos would do.
and you know what, to inspire you, I'm gonna share the Tzeentchian and Nurglite characters I've come up with in a similar vein for my own homebrew planet in the Vortex for an old BC campaign. The planet in question had a single, advanced and civilized (well, by the standards of the Vortex it was) city built around an archaeotech space port, and the rest was mostly lawless wilderness - as such, the four top dogs of the Big Four in my case operated on a lesser power level.

>Doctor Bubo
Since neither the powers in charge of the city, nor the other gods' followers tolerate Nurgle's gifts and blessings in their midst, the good doctor does his charitable work deep in the bowels of what once was a far larger metropolis in ancient times. He dedicated his life to helping those the cutthroat city above would throw out - the sick, the dying, the forsaken. Those who have nowhere to turn need only brave the underground tunnels to find the the good doctor and his flock - he will be sure to feed them, care for them, nurse them back from the brink of death, and cure all their ailments. Thus, Doctor Bubo, a corpulent man with the smile of Nurgle himself, still drapped in what once was the attire of a man dedicated to combatting all of Nurgle's diseases, leads the ever-growing community of those who made this pilgrimage of desperation. Blessed by the Plaguefather, they are a genuinely caring, tight-knit community of deformed, hideous mutants bearing all the various blessings of the Plaguefather, and welcoming every new soul who only wishes for a place to belong.
[
cont.)

>Krannock of the Many Buboes. Leader of the Plagued Citadel
>Mostly sits on a mechanized chaise lounge, eating rotten delicacies while delegating most things to his underlings
>His body hangs over the sides of the lounge in waves of rolls
>Completely covered in buboes, scabs, sores, pus, it's only through the lack of sensation that he can even move
>He can actually move quite well for a giant fat sack of pus
>Doesn't really go beyond his borders, mostly stagnates on his quarter

>Master Tullian
Once, he was an Astropath. Soul-bound to the hated False Emperor, his very eyes burned by gazing upon the corpse on the Throne. How he rid himself of the parasitic influence of mankind's false god is unknown, but the price must have been hefty - where there were once charred eye sockets, now the darkness from among the stars looks through.
No one is sure of Master Tullian's exact capabilities - he leads a relatively humble life, seemingly the master of only a single hab-building in the city, the House of the Golden Door. Of course, only select individuals may dwell within the hab, and they invariably come to serve Tullian in one way or the other. The man himself is a wiry, old man wearing fine, if simplistic clothing. The only adornments are the symbols of Tzeentch he bears. However, once one gazes upon his face, they'll hardly notice the rows of razor-sharp teeth next to the pure malicious darkness emanating from his empty eyesockets. A powerful diviner (this much of his powers is known) everyone is free to visit him in the House of the Golden Door, and if he grants you an audience, (and you pay right price for his service) he will tell what you want to - or what you need to - hear, be it past, present, or future.

>Pic related: an old and shitey doodle I made of these two for the players to gawk at

Is it not gritty and low power enough for you?
Unhappy you can't bring your oh so cool REGULAR HUMAN who happens to have all kinds of archeotech on him and can fight astartes and daemons on their own level because of his COURAGE and WILL and BURNING HEART?
Fuck outta here, you faggot.

>I hate actual deep characters and masturbate to rolling from BIG NUMBAHS

neck yourself you powergaming ass licker

>I limit my character understanding because Veeky Forums told me X must be Y
There is a reason Deathwatch is routinely the most fucked up game to play, and it's not because of the mechanics.
It's the autistic players who fundamentally do not understand the material.

Mammon.
Start playing Black Crusade, it's good.

I've figured out how to make interesting boss fight mechanics without resorting to Bullet Sponges.

Seriously, combat mechanics in this game are brutal to the point where there's a very thin line between god of war and schmuck, so devising a challenging fight that wouldn't instantly reduce the entire party to mulch is amazing to me.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. It's got the wheels turning for me in a big way.

Eh ... I'd need something anywhere from 7pm your time onwards, otherwise I'd be asleep.

>Only War
>Regiment is deployed to a desert/hive world, where one of the hives was hit by a massive storm and left destroyed. Their job is to explore the hive and take it back
>It is believed that the local feral Ork population has swarmed the hive in the wake of the storm, so expect to have fierce resistance
>The last regiment deployed there has gone silent, and no one knows what has happened
>Things go as expected at first, fighting Orks. Signs of the last regiment having been slaughtered are found, but is at first attributed to the Orks.

>Soon enough, however, a voice begins to communicate across the radio, taunting the regiment. And then people start dying.

>Turns out there's someone stalking anyone who encroaches on the ruins, picking them apart piece by piece. The feral Orks are terrified of him, and no one's really sure who, or what, he is. But the transmissions keep coming, and people keep dying.

>Regiment must attempt to complete their mission while dealing with this enemy, whoever it is.

Sound like a good idea for a Only War campaign?

I have a habit when I'm bored of going to TvTropes, hitting random a few times, and making a character out of what I get.
Today I got:
"Witch Hunter",
"Bling Bling Bang",
and "Camp Gay".

So... any ideas on how to make a flamboyantly gay Ordos Hereticus Inquisitor?

>as a GM, what do you see as your greatest accomplishment in the system?

Contacting and uniting as many former players as I could from three different teams from three different games over the years, in one session, to fight alongside and support each other in the semi-final battle of the campaign. That definitely made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and everyone seemed to enjoy it well enough.

Betrayed by his subordinates at the height of his greatest triumph, Inquisitor Van Darkholme seeks only revenge against the treacherous heretics who turned against him.

So do people use Calixis Sector (and the surrounding add-ons for Only War, Death Watch, etc) or do they use the new Askellon sector introduced in DH2 or do they use their own sectors?

I'm mainly curious about what people who run Dark Heresy and Only War are doing since those tend to be the ones that need to have more fluff around them.

Calixis 4 lyfe for me

why did you make me google that, Shas?

I gloss over any attempt to determine what sector my campaigns are in, so that I don't have to think about it. Every week I live in mortal fear that someone will point out that it took twice as long to get to planet A as it did to planet B despite them being half as far apart, but so far, my players don't care enough to notice.

I'm preferential to using the Tiji and other sectors made by everyone here. They just seem to flow a bit better, and some of the planets can get downright bizarre sometimes.

This is your life now.

He should specialize in infiltrating Slaaneshi cults by going to dance clubs and raves until he gets deep, deep into the weird sex rings, at which point he brings down the heresy hammer. Other Inquisitors hate him, but he's damn good at what he does.
And his Carouse skill should be off the fuckin charts.

>And his Carouse skill should be off the fuckin charts.
>Carouse, to take all the drugs
>not Sleight Of Hand, to pretend to take all the drugs

Oh no, I think he should take the drugs. He enjoys the lifestyle, and walks the very edge between infiltration and actual corruption. But he knows it's only a matter of time before he crosses that line and his soul is forfeit, and that his excuses that he does it for his Imperium and his god will be peeled away to reveal that he can't give it up.
He accepts this with a weary fatalism, hidden beneath a thick layer of perpetual cheer and energy, a thick lisp and a limp wrist.

Yes

Obviously a jump pack is incompatible with a tech-harness; do you guys think a jump pack would be incompatible with a servo-arm in general as they're always shown as a backpack attachment for Astartes?

Asking as I'm throwing together a Deathwatch game ATM; one of the players is playing a Techmarine though I think the group as a whole wants to have a CC focus.

>walks the very edge between infiltration and actual corruption
Taking all the drugs is not walking a line, it's stepping over it.

The Screaming Vortex is low-key an amazing setting, with it cribbing from the Divine Comedy, as well as multiple other sources, with a lot of attention to 40k lore in general. And many of the worlds in it are very unique. And then it throws shade on that very "The Screaming Vortex is Hell" idea in Tome of Blood with this quote:

“Some fool once asked me if the Screaming Vortex was the
afterlife. I asked him if he thought it was a punishment or a
reward, then killed him to prove my point.”
–Captain Elga Irontooth of the Brass Reaver

Why do they think the techmarine isn't CC compatible? Let them pinch someone with that servo arm, then reconsider.

I mean, if that's true, what is the point of the carouse skill at all outside of black crusade?

They removed the Carouse skill and replaced it with Toughness tests in BC on.

Taking drugs for recreational purposes is fine in moderation; it's taking it in excess that leads one down the path to Slaanesh.

It's not that they don't think a Techmarine is CC compatible. Quite the opposite, anyone who's read the rules knows exactly what a Servo-Arm can do. It's more that I, as the GM, am not sure that Servo-Arms are compatible with jump packs.

I know there is a jump pack for techpriests in OW that doesn't interfere with other stuff.

If all else fails, does the book and the errata actually say that the two can't be used together?

To handle your drink, resist poisons, etc

That's when Carouse hasn't been removed as a *skill* entirely.

Not to ride out your Slaaneshi cult sex drug overdose.

>It's more that I, as the GM, am not sure that Servo-Arms are compatible with jump packs.
Ahh. Well, take a look at the Hawk Lord jump packs. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Who makes those? Where can I find pics?

Uh, I actually think Marines vs Marines is kinda exciting? It basically becomes flashy anime combat at that point which is cool.

Would absolutely be interested in either, reg preferred I think. Can do 2pm, but evening would be optimal.

I would probably go more "Predator" than "Heart of Darkness", but whatever floats your boat...
Or combine both, if you feel like being AWESOME.
Noble born Inquisitor who comes from a rather repressed culture. Being gay doesn't really matter, but ostentation of any sort and openly displays of affection are strictly taboo. Being space-Oscar Wilde, he therefore wears the most outrageously guilded weaponry, even by Imperial standards, and openly flirts with every handsome fellow he comes across.
Despite his glib persona, he's an incredibly devout man with strong Monodominant leanings. "The only thing worse than being talked about... IS BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE GOD-EMPEROR! YOU WILL BURN FOR YOUR SINS YOU UNGRATEFUL HERETIC-and not being talked about!"
Calixis big time. It's a great setting. I love seeing how messed up Imperial space is even when it's not being actively attacked by Orks and other monsters. Also, there are tons of fun NPCs.

No idea about pics, but they're a chapter relic in one of the deathwatch books.

>I would probably go more "Predator" than "Heart of Darkness", but whatever floats your boat...

I think Heart has more roleplaying opportunities. Predator just comes down to, say, having a non-Lictor hunting the party at various times, there's no real interaction beyond combat with it.

Does this count as 40K roleplay

>worrying about time/distance variance
>warp travel

So, question, anons: what do you do if your PCs ship gives them so many bonus Achievement Points that they go over the required number of Achievement Points needed to complete an Endeavour just by showing up?

For instance, if the PCs are undertaking a Broker Peace Between The Power Blocks Lesser Endeavour, which requires 700 Achievement Points, has the Trade, Military, and Creed themes for each of its three Objectives, and they've got a ship that gives +575 Trade, +150 Military, and +300 Creed. Do they just show up, spend a scene or two locating and talking to the people in charge, and then broker the peace agreement and walk away with +1 Profit Factor as easily as that?

Also, from what I can tell, these bonus points are awarded for each Objective individually; wouldn't this mean that if your ship is sufficiently capable, completing much more significant Endeavors is fairly trivial because you're stacking the same +300 Achievement Point bonus over and over again?

>space-Oscar Wilde

Interesting. Can you point me anywhere that might help me roleplay that? The only thing I really know about Oscar Wilde is that he wrote the Picture of Dorian Gray.

don't use achievement points. They suck that way.

Have you tried ... The Internet™?

He was extremely witty. He took nothing seriously, and yet he cared passionately about certain things. He was a man obsessed with surface level appearance, who mocked society's obsession with surface appearances.
Give "The Importance of Being Earnest" a try. It's short and quite, quite funny, and I think it'll give you a solid insight into who Wilde was as a person and what he cared about.
Also, just going through a list of his quotes should be illuminating.
Basically, he was a hilarious, rude, rakish character who was always the life the party, but beneath the surface he was actually extremely passionate and scathingly critical of society's flaws.
I think playing against the expected and making him a Puritan, rather than a Radical, could be a lot of fun.

I paid money for those books, it wouldn't feel right if I didnt use the steeings within them.

I was running Rejoice for You are True adventure from Purge the Unclean book. There was an NPC named Theodosia with pretty awesome cybernetic body. My players managed to kill him in his first appearance by chopping his head off with a lot of excessive damage while he was grappled. Now they have unscratched body with augmetics that allow to make two Full Actions per turn, gives immunity to Bloodloss, 5AP to anything except head and some more cool bonuses. Now one of them want to burn one of his Fate Points to make this body his own (to put his brain into this awesome machinery). Any thoughts?

Make it self destruct. The players shouldnt have that much power.

In short: screw that, unless you want a little astartes rendering the other party members observers in combat.
Similar to the Halo device, I'd consider it having some benefits initially, after a challenging or worse WP test to avoid corruption but a unavoidable hit to sanity because a whole new body.
After a few hours or close to a day the mechanical parts acts outside of the player's control, legs and arms acting up at inopportune times. As if it has a mind of its own it wrestles with the user, new WP tests for corruption (harder than the previous), unavoidable sanity hit. They should realize this is a grave mistake by now.
If the new head is outside of the Cult Mechanicus, tech-priests who can cast more than a glance at the player accuse them of some severe tech-heresy, they will have to use “We are the Emperor’s Inquisition” card or avoid the Adeptus Mechanicus.
If it is a tech-priest who want the body they can fairly easily tell this isn’t a body their kin would approve of, and neither should the prospecting character, unless they are a radical.
Their report should also be a fun read for their inquisitor. “We killed a cult member with powerful bionics so we cut off “insert character name”’s head and attached it to this new body.”

>unless you want a little astartes rendering the other party members observers in combat.

Actually player who want it is the most useless acolyte in combat I've ever seen. He is slow as snail with terrible Agility (barely AB2), low Toughness (TB3 after couple of advances) and mediocre WS and BS. Yet he's always first to hit in close combat (at least he want to). Party assassin always have to save his skin. Only reason he's still alive - many useful non-combat skills.

They would have an equivalent of power armour as they would wear armour over their new body, finding something with only 3 additional AP being fairly easy.
Giving him a tool to catch-up now will very likely let him run away from the rest of the party in usefulness.

So when the rest of the party feels useless and his opposition melt like butter, remember: Necrons.

I have a idea for a mission or series of missions for an Only War campaign I'm making that hinges on one thing.

Is there a Legion of the Damned Space Marine stat block and if not, how would you guys make one?

Honor the Chapter. It's a template you stick on a character.

>playing marines

eww

>enjoying things
I hope you shiggydiggy, you pleb

give me short stories about your games

>Only War campaign

hurfity durr

I have lots.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the tales of Cell 29. Who wishes to hear what?

>The Piety Case
>The Joyous Choir Investigation (modified run of the Rejoice For You Are True published adventure)
>Scintilla Shenanigans Side-quests
>The Metallican Mystery
>The Brazen Sky Interdiction
>The Dusk Investigation

Pick a story, any story.

Pick a tale and I'll tell what all I can recall.

Once upon a time, there was a Rogue Trader with a terrible secret: he never actually had a warrant of trade. He had stolen the identity of a Rogue Trader who he'd accidentally killed, and never figured out where the warrant was. Still, he managed to scrape underneath notice and eke out a meager living (for a Rogue Trader, he still had a ship and a colony or two) at the fringe of things.
After his latest group of dudes got slaughtered capturing a Tyranid Warrior for some shady dealings, he hired some new crew, who promptly not-so-accidentally killed him, and set out to find his Warrant, only to discover that he never had one.
So now they must find a way to either maintain the illusion he kept up for years with the added layer of pretending he's not dead, or somehow manage to get a new warrant, or get enlisted by the Inquisition and turn into a Dark Heresy game.
But right now they're all in jail so they're probably just fucked.

The Metallican Mystery plz