Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Mechanicus Civil War edition

Prev. Thread: >Veeky Forumshammer 40k discord server
discord.gg/VcZNNd4

>FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Canceled like the Dark Angels Heterosexual Speed Dating Night.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And now /40kg/, its time for "I'm going to a 40k tournament with what I've painted in the last 3 weeks, I play WYSIWYG and I know I'm going to get curbstomped"

The question is by how much.

Discussion theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0

1993/2000, 9 CP total.

Primaris Red Hunters Battalion detachment: 1,536

HQ

Primaris captain w/ MC sword and auto bolt rifle: 101

Primaris psyker w/ force sword: 105

2x lieutenants: 148

Elites

Primaris Ancient: 69

Relic Deredeo w/ anvillus, missiles and twin HB: 232

Troops

3x intercessor squads: 300

Heavy support

2x hellblaster squads: 380

predator w/ autocannon and two lascannons: 201

Inquisitiorial Battalion detachment: 457

HQ

Inquisitor with Force Axe/plasma pistol: 74

Tempestor Prime w/power fist and swagger stick: 50

Troops

5x scions w/ 2 plasma guns: 62

5x scions w/ 2 melta guns: 72

8x scions w/ 2 volley guns and vox: 101

Taurox prime w/ 2 volley guns, gatling cannon and storm bolter: 98

First for the four armed emperor

Post alternate daemon color schemes

Melta or assault cannon on the contemptor?

Kheres on the relic one id gather

>taking chad marines to a tournament

6th for CUTEDAR

>asscan

The USR for Alpha Legion should be that they have access to all non-relic wargear and units from the Adeptus Astartes keyword, barring HQ units, units with chapter-specific keywords, and units with the Primaris Space Marine keyword.

It could be called; "Heads of the Hydra" or some shit

t'''''''''''a''''u are faggot
post real robots and walkers

Then the Deathwatch should have the same options

Assault Cannon is manlier.

Some dudes last thread want to to make an Alpha Legion in non-chaos armor. (you know sneaky stuff)
This is a sick idea !

How would you convert the typical chaos unit ? Like havoc (does't have the same weapon list as Devastator) or Mutilator ?

So I was flicking through the Admech list and I decided I wanted a big flying Lord of War to contrast with all the ground troops.

Anything good that's shown up with 8e that costs less than a Stormbird or something? Ideally I want medium-strength dakka firing in all directions, I like my Superheavies Stormhammer Style. Was thinking of modelling some kind of two-balloon airship with a row of rotors and turrets underneath and such, obviously all Admeched and Cabled up to look a bit like a Mega-Vulturax.

Fuck these are awesome. Got any more?

Don't do it, user. Embrace change. We can do it! Together!

Why? Just take Deathwatch as an ancilliary detachment or some shit. Same difference.

The beautfy of the Alpha Legion USR is that you can get some nasty SM-exclusive shit with a CSM/daemon army if you use them as a detachment.

Considering you have a very low model count, no Stormtalons and a bunch of sub-optimal Intercessors, I think this is actually decent. Don't lose your cool, drop your Scions like it's hot and ride the rollercoaster and unless you run into the Conscript meme or Boyz spam you should do at least decently.

Gasp? A new thread where my Guard isn't posted and shit on in 20 posts? Can't be can it?

>Like havoc (does't have the same weapon list as Devastator)

Use HH kits.

So, Sister Plastics when?

Praise the only true god out there instead...

as soon as you get trips pr higher

New heroic plus sized Cadians to go along with chad marines when?

If a product has been completely removed from the Forgeworld website, does that mean they don't sell it anymore?

Asking because I can't see the Death Korps Grenadiers anymore, which seems like an odd unit to stop producing given the rest of the Krieg line is still in production and even the Grenadier special weapons are still available.

regular guitarists on stilts

Marauders and Thunderhakws are the only superheavy fliers for the imperium iirc. The Marauder destroyer might fit the bill, it's cheaper than a Stormbird at least.

A few kits were so popular that their molds were damaged and FW has to remake them, but they have no idea when any of these items will return (this includes the Grenadiers)

They'll be replaced with female Primaris.

Thanks to that picture I finally know what to do with my dozens upon dozens of Manlet CSM.

I thought the whole point of Space Marines Primaris was to replace hero scale with an influff reason why it happened. Why would they introduce humans that make them look smaller?

At this point... I wouldn't be surprised.

fuck.

Ah well, guess I'll just keep saving then, thanks.

You mean......well......like your dad?

What, were the molds themselves made out of "drop it once and it's broken" resin as well?

>we deserve ALL THE TOYS
No.

Nah they just wear out over time and use before having to be replaced, especially resin molds.

Where is the best place for Lascanons in IG ?
As HWSquads or in InfSquads / Vets ?

: ^ )

Except that's literally what they can do in Horus Heresy, where they get access to whichever snowflake unit from the other Legions that they want to use.

So, as someone who's been playing 5th ed orks in 6th ed 40k, what's the best way to get up to speed on all this new 8th ed stuff?

wat

Blood Angels List:

2k points, 9CP

Battalion:
Mephiston
Sanguinary Priest (standard wargear)
2 tac squads of 10 (one with HF and melta, one with flamer and Lascannon),
1 squad of primaris marines,
one rhino with h/k miss and storm bolter (rhino is attached to HF/melta tac unit)

Vanguard:
Lemartes,
1 squad of 10 jump Death Company with 4 inferno pistols and a power fist, everyone has chainswords except PF dude who has a bolt pistol
1 squad of 5 jump DC with 4 hand flamers, 1 BP and 5 chainswords
1 squad of 5 jump dc with bp and chainswords

other detachment:
techmarine with conversion beamer and standard wargear
pred with twin las and 2 las sponsons
whirlwind with vengeance launcher
1 squad of hellblasters, no options

good? bad? what should i tweak if anything?

Command squads followed by vets and then HWT probably.

A bullet to the brain.

>playing BA
Lel. It's like you want to lose.

InfSquads. Ablative wounds to protect them, especially in 8th.

>Marauder Destroyer.

Hello sexy. That is a LOT of guns. Only BS4+, but whatever. You'd think the Guard would crew their vehicles with veterans. Is there any Guard HQ or something that can boost the accuracy of that thing? That might be worth a CP to slot in.

Still, that looks really rather awesome, not least because Hard To Hit W20 Stormraven isn't half bad for the tankiness.

Oh no......decent WIP shots? That's it?

>>playing BA
>Lel. It's like you want to lose.
?????????????????????????????????????????????

If you're bothering to play them as BA, they'll get krumped cause assault is crap and all their shit is way too expensive, fragile or requiring autistic levels of synergy. If you're playing them as Red Space Marines, that's fine.

Speaking of which, the upcoming Codex releases are going to make me REEEE if BA, SW, DA and GK end up losing all the interesting weapons like Thunderfire Cannons and so on.

Those are compatible with the 40k kits ?

They get access to one unit in their entire army, not the ability to take mix and match stuff from multiple army lists. And that's not enough for AL players in 30k anyway, they want everyone else's unique wargear as well because AL players are just children that can't stand someone else having a shiny thing.

>A bullet to the brain.

Is that because all the rules I know are old as shit, or becasue 8th ed sucks?
I'm pretty out of the loop here.

I fucking hate metal models, my nobs arms and weapons keep breaking off.
I should just buy plastics...

They don't need to be bigger, they need to have correct proportions. Forge World IG are a good start.

It's time to get back into 40k after not having played since 3rd ed!

I decided to start a brand new army of ASTRA MILITARUM!

I want to mix everything in the army, lasgun guys, stormtroopers, bullgryns, sentinels, commissars, psyker, tanks, tanks, basilisks, valkyrie

Hope I won't be laughed at for not min-maxing?

Infsquads for sure. Or Sentinels or Vendettas.

Pin them you nerd

absolutely.

>Speaking of which, the upcoming Codex releases are going to make me REEEE if BA, SW, DA and GK end up losing all the interesting weapons like Thunderfire Cannons and so on.

Implying GKs can take thunderfires.

>I haven't played a single game of 8th: the post
Either that or you're a really shitty player who can't into buff bubbles

An officer of the fleet to re-roll ones against one target is the only thing I can think of that would get it more hits.

So, I happened to catch a Horus model on a local sale at about 10% of the price.
Converting to Abaddon- yay or nay?

Sounds fine t b h.

You might have to settle for just a few tanks if you want to fit everything in though, vehicles of all armies are expensive as fuck this edition.

the only shit in my force that is "expensive" is the Death Company shit, who are all going to be in reserve and within range of Lemartes's reroll charge rule for maximum anal rektage. Every other unit is standard marines that are red, except Mephiston and the Sanguinary Priest. Did you even read the army list or did you see "blood angels" and jerk a knee?

How did anything of what I say give you that impression? BA are literally Aura Bubble: The Army in Aura Bubble: The Edition.

it's because he's an asshole.

Orks are good now. Trucks take more than a stiff breeze to kill, battlewagons are actually tough.
Initiative isn't at thing, you just attack first on the charge and have a decent chance of getting the charge. Choppas do a thing.
Ork hordes have defense against moral.

What is this "pinning"? Drill in to them and put pins in them, literally?

The weapons are tiny as fuck, no way I could drill in to them and I dont have the tools to make a tiny hole in a tiny metal arm.

No, but thanks for saving me the effort of explaining to you what was wrong.

Because you think assault is ass this edition and are under the impression that anyone but C:SM can take things like thunderfire cannons?

I like how the list builder joke is different for most OPs.

Fun stuff.

Probably not worth it given how many things I'm probably going to want to point the billion guns at, then. Autocannon for the PMarines, Hbolters and assault cannon for the regulars, Hellstrikes for vehicles. Whatever, still 4 Hellstrike, 6 Autocannon, 3Hbolter and 6 Assault Cannon hits per turn for 460pts on a tanky fucker platform.

>They'll be replaced with female Primaris.
Let's be honest, turning the SoB into another Space Marine chapter would be the easiest way for GW to give us SoB plastics. We just need female marines and they'd be able to reuse a lot of the same SM bits like shoulder pads, weapons, they'd use the same vehicles as Space Marines, they'd just be another Space Marine army, maybe even with its own codex like the countless other Space Marine armies out there.

Hell, they'd probably reuse the design from pic related to do it, except with guns instead of hammers.

yes it is
get the tools (hand drill, small bit set, paperclip)
never deal with breaking again

>they are [thing that is good] in [thing that is good in this edition]
>this makes them bad
are you retarded or pretending to be retarded?
>explaining what was wrong
>in the edition where assault is king
yeah, you're just retarded

>meme scale
>wanting lots of details in even smaller surfaces
Go play historicals then you knobs and leave real hobbyists free of your shit taste.

What? No. I said if the new codex comes out that could change. Re-read what I said you mong.

Can I just ask WHY you seem to have such a hateboner for his stuff?

Doesn't take much for a mold to be unusable. Some loss of detailing because of wear and tear and there's no way to justify the exorbitant cost.

Sounds easier just to buy some plastic nobz desu senpai.
Their new models look really good too, I'm just going to have to put Rocko and Dakka Lad to bed.

>WIP

>TFW every media jerks off the Space Marines
>TFW you will never get a game about a Imperial Guardsman Major reliving his adventures while fighting on a a planet doomed by a massive warp rift

Fuck my life

When is that stormcast female coming out? I want to make that into a Terminator Inquisitor.

I mean thats nearly the entirety of winter assault and retribution if you play IG, doom guy killing daemons included.

EXTRA

T H I C C

Wait, Battlewagons are better than they were in 5th ed?
Fuck yes!

My 5th ed Battlewagon was stomping my friend's 7th ed Imperial Guard.

Damn it man send their asses to me then where they can crush disgusting 'Ummies

Just take terminator armour and give it a female head, dumbass. That shitcast looks nothing like a terminator.

I never said they were bad, bruh. They're just reliant on a single gimmick which is easily shut down. As for assault being king? Literally what?

>tfw no Republic Commando-style game with stormtroopers kicking in doors on suspected cultists or evacuating Imperial governors before a hive fleet swallows the planet

>As for assault being king? Literally what?
Literally what what?

can't speak to 5th ed, but they're pretty damn tough to take down.
And can take a bunch of different loadouts and options.

I want to play as a gue'vesa.

>I never said they were bad, bruh
>>playing BA

A hell of a lot more expensive but pretty fucking scary

Yeah not enough seals.

>Wanting to play as a species traitor

Inquisitor armor doesn't have to the same as astartes armor.

>no mass effect style-except-with-melee-focus Inquisitor game where you travel across a sub sector hunting clues to stop a daemonic invasion
>no rogue trader spin off expansion

>no grey knight space marine sequel

>no stormtrooper horror/tactical FPS with upgradeable but permakillable squad mates

>no good DoW3

The real traitor is the willing statistic.

never said they were bad
you also said assault is crap, but never explained why.