Are these even still valid? if not should probably remove them

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
So, how often do you take short rests? How many per long rest?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/plane-shift_amonkhet.pdf
dndadventurersleague.org/adventures/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd allow two per day. My DM does 5 minutes rests between each combat

Are there any ways to send unwilling targets permanently to another plane of existence besides their native one? I'm a DM and would like a spell to justify what I'm going to do to my players. Banishment would work, but it only lasts a minute. I'd just like some sort of justification beyond "this guy's magic is so powerful" or "he has such a powerful artifact that it does XYZ!!!!" however I'm willing to go with that if it's impossible by regular means.

Best way to take short rests is at the end of every encounter, playing them as 5 to 10 minutes. Infinite amount per day.

How do we fix the sorcerer?

Kenku can speak telepathically, how does this make you feel user

She is playing like a mongrel then, 4-5 superiority dice is enough to carry you through 3-4 fights or so, but the amount of dice the subclass gets is not really enough balance-wise because for the most part they're essentially worse smites with usually rather weak side-effects slapped on top of them.
Battlemaster/Monhun with Martial Adept is the only remotely fun way of playing such a mind-numbing class like fighter, at least it has a modicum of combo potential like getting a free attack out of evasive footwork + riposte, which is somewhat risky but is more efficient damage-wise.
I can't fathom what kind of person you'd have to be to actually pick Champion.

as far as I can tell short rests can be done after every combat encounter with little to no penalty, unless there's some time-critical event going on like "we have to reach the keep and alert the guards as fast as possible"

>So, how often do you take short rests? How many per long rest?
>study adventuring rules intently, including DMG variant rules
>DM throws nothing but exposition rooms and arenas where big bad #73 or party NPC #154 endlessly monologue
>even when he's actually running a premade module or dungeon he's so inept at reading we have to keep our own copy of it open to make sure he runs the traps and encounters correctly
>there's literally no consequence to resting
>oh but friendly dungeon monster/NPC makes sure we get a long rest before we fight the boss in the next room
I'm gonna quit this game.

>Needing a spell to justify banishing permanently
i dont think you need to justify that stuff unless your players tend to sperg out if you do something "mean"
but yes if your guy was on that plane he could gate them there and then plane shift him self away

Metamagic can be used once per round of turns without costing spell points. Metamagic can be used on any spell cast within 30 feet of the sorcerer. Tweak metamagic options with this in mind. Sorcery points are now used to cast spells instead of slots. Use the numbers in the DMG for new sorcery point values per level.

Plane Shift. Requires a melee spell hit and the target to fail a save though.

Anyone use the variant rule; hit die for long rests? Does it makes things too difficult? Does it add unnecessary resource management for hit die?

What are the most important things to have memorized (or at least have quick access to so you aren't flipping through books) for a first time DM?

NPCs don't need PC spells to do shit. You want them on another plane? Send there ass to another plane.

Should the OP be adding the new Plane Shift: Amonkhet to the list, seeing as how it's the newest bit of Unearthed Arcana-esque content in the game so far?

media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/plane-shift_amonkhet.pdf

If I was a DM I would like to to use that and the one where you have to spend a healer's kit charge to spend hit dice one.
I'm not sure how or when you regain hit dice though if you spend them in a long rest?

He could have the enemy be a devination wizard and use portants

The easiest way would just to use gate instead

What's the best way to build a Barbarian assuming no Feats are allowed?

TWF or Sword n' Board?

I assume Feats will be allowed but figure I'd better make an option up without them just to be safe.

teleport glyph of warding?

Never DM'd but I was thinking if I ever did, I'd change the healing so that long rests allow you to spend hit dice, and you have to spend a week off to regain all hit points + hit dice.

Part of the reason is because I'd want regaining HP to be a bigger deal, but part of it is because in all my games, everything happens in a matter of days and I'd want to stretch time out a bit so it's at least feasible to do things like learn a new language or other downtime stuff.

Recommended damage/hitpoints per round for a custom monster of any given CR. You can make a lot of things up while remaining fair with those two numbers.

PCs do something stupid and trigger an avalanche? Well look up a deadly CR number for them, find out how much damage a monster of that CR does in a round, and apply it to the PCs!

>The problem comes in that any party with a caster in it is probably going to take long rests as often as possible to allow that caster to cheese through everything.

"As often as possible" isn't necessarily going to be all that often. Try taking a long rest in Barovia, see how well that works out for you.

My point being that this seems like a DM problem, not a system problem.

I've experimented with longer long rests (somewhat similar to what you're proposing) before, and it isn't fun. If you want to stretch things out, do skill challenge based downtime for long term goals of the players.

I would probably use a two handed weapon if there's no feats. Sword and board is neat for the idea of having the highest AC possible, but as a barbarian you really shouldn't be having issues taking hits in the first place, so any extra damage would probably go further

I was thinking about that, but couldn't think of an appropriate unarmored calculation. Would 10 + wis + dex be appropriate? I didn't want to overshadow monks, since fighters have more ASIs. (Naturally, I'd be removing the "+1 when not holding anything" ability if I did give them unarmored defense).

Well yeah, but that's the conceit of any unarmed class, including the monk.

>I don't think counts-as-magic is appropriate at level 3
Why not? It's not really a buff, just a required tax feature that needs to be in place by level 7 or so. Are there any negative consequences to putting it at level 3? (I could move it, of course, I just want to keep 6 and 10 non-combat because that's how other barbarian archetypes tend to do it)

>level 10 is too ribbon
Do you feel that it is more ribbon than the Totem Barb's Commune With Nature, or the Berserker's Intimidating Presence? Barbarians tend not to get powerful things at level 10 because they get Relentless Rage at level 11, which is why I'm being cautious.

>14 is too redundant with bear hug
I agree completely on this point. My only issue with your suggestions is that they don't feel bear-like (bears DON'T grapple bigger things or use their targets as shields), and I want to maintain the bear feeling.

>Referencing the monk table
You know, I think I agree. The whole point of these archetypes is NOT multiclassing monk. I'll remove the stacking.

>one damage die throughout the game, only improving if they get a magic item
I would argue that this is the exact reason the unarmed damage die increases - to compensate for not getting improved damage from magic weapons.
If the die was static, it would either be too low at high levels, or too high at low levels (by which I mean higher than the monk's, which I strongly believe should never happen).

Thanks for the feedback!
(PDF reattached with changes)

>Goodberry is exploration cheese
>familiars are exploration cheese
>Divination, a spell that costs money to use and has increasing chances to fail, is cheese
>three spells from entirely different spell lists

>any number or charm spells
You mean like Friends, which can have near-immediate negative consequences? Or Charm Person, which can have major negative consequences within an hour? Plus any of these being cast in view of others would be highly suspect and a huge liability. And before you say "just get them alone", that would officially take it out of the "cheese" category.

>Any number of AOE damage spells or disabling spells
Since blasting has ever been good? Because it's never been good. Disabling spells are strong, but concentration can be broken and they typically always get new saves every turn, so it's hardly an I-win button.

>Fails to answer the challenge of which character can do all of these things at once, from low level
Heh.
>Most people play with infinite long rests
HA!
>if you disagree you are wrong
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>there's no way to get the old roll20 5E Shaped sheet
>have to use this hot new garbage
I'm really having difficulty seeing what the supposed improvement here is when it's slower in every way and no longer rolls twice (for advantage / disadvantage) by default, necessitating you to click buttons on and off which everyone forgets to do.

Am I seriously going to have to fork out $5 to host the old sheet

The idea is you spend hit die at the end of a long rest to heal and you gain half of them back at the end also.
You as the DM would have to decide what happens first. So if your players spend all their hit die during a short rest you can make them either
A) have no hit die for their long rest to heal but then get them back for the next day for short rests and next nights long rest
B) Have them get hit die back first to use for their long rest and have none for the whole next day.

i still got the old sheets on the game we play in if i can in someway help id be glad to

>I was thinking about that, but couldn't think of an appropriate unarmored calculation. Would 10 + wis + dex be appropriate?
WIS and DEX could work, but that renders a STR brawler almost as bad as a STR monk, which doesn't make much sense. It could be a flat number plus dex like 14 + DEX or something.

I don't impose a mechanical limit, but I have a goal of 2 short rests per 1 long rest. If 1-3 happen I'm fine with it, but if I see a 0 day or a 4 day I'm going to take it as a sign that something is off with the game and needs corrected. I've had both.

what, precisely, do you think a familiar cannot accomplish in exploration aspects of the game?

This is probably a side-effect of running Red Hand of Doom back during 3.5's run, but the point is that the campaigns I, at least, try and run, will typically be on a clock, or at least have stuff going on no matter what the players do. Sure, you can take a long rest now if you really want to, but do you really have time to do that? The army of hobgoblins is 24 hours away, can you afford to spend 8 hours doing nothing?

Or basically the Gay Marriage thing. The point being that the PCs can set the pace of their adventures, but that has no effect on the pace of the story.

Well, ideally it would be coupled with changes to reduce health yoyoing across the board. Instead of getting slapped for half your health in one round but it's fine because you have potions, and can just get it all back on a short rest anyway, I'd generally want 'being at half HP' to be a big deal that increases tension

>that renders a STR brawler almost as bad as a STR monk
Not at all, because the STR brawler can easily wear plate armor with very few drawbacks, unlike the monk that loses several class features. In fact, the STR brawler would be less MAD than the DEX brawler in this case, albeit with a lower AC potential.

>14 + DEX
I don't know if I like this approach because it's too abusable by multiclassing (I know, you shouldn't multiclass homebrew in the first place, but I try to have my designs be refined enough so if someone chooses to allow it they don't break the game).
This leads me to think 10 + DEX + WIS is probably the best solution. Thoughts?

Sword n' Board battlerager

It isn't like the brawler really has any sort of magic side to it. Why not just have it still wear armor like any other kind of fighter?

Forgot to add, PHB only with no Feats.

I'm making a full-on "no fun allowed" character I can swap to if need be.

onomatopoeia and repetition is not an argument. I'll skip over anything in the latter two categories and address whatever substantive that remains.

>negative consequences of charm spells
Sure, if you charm someone who knows what charm is. Or you can use them creatively, charm the unsophisticated people who live and work near your target, and use them to win.

>Since blasting has ever been good? Because it's never been good. Disabling spells are strong, but concentration can be broken and they typically always get new saves every turn, so it's hardly an I-win button.

Actually, Hypnotic Pattern, a widely available spell, doesn't allow any saves after the first is failed. Also, since you're disabling enemies with the concentration spells, your risk of losing concentration goes down. And blasting has always been good.

>Fails to answer the challenge of which character can do all of these things at once, from low level

Bard, Expertise and the best spell selection in the game.

Charm wizards

Some varieties of warlock.

Generally speaking, a caster with the exact same stats/skill proficiencies as a martial will be able to out perform that martial in every respect, because they can do everything the martial can + spells. Martials are playing paper/rock, and casters are playing paper/rock/scissors.

We don't. We stop having class vs. class discussions based on white room simulations setup to favor Wizards. OTB they're fine.

The brawler is meant to also offer an option to those wanting to play a martial artist with a strong focus on fighting but without being a monk (the same players considering playing the Pugilist class). So it would be nice if both an armored and non-armored options were viable.

Is "accomplishing things" cheese now?

Different user btw

>unlike the monk that loses several class features
The Monk loses three features, and two are irrelevant if you're choosing to use armor and weapons anyway. All that's really locked out is the Unarmored Movement bonus, and I don't think the loss of 10-15 EXTRA speed is enough to make this whole thing shit.

Would you let a Half-Elf Artificer use the Rock Gnome statblock, with the following changes?
>Size- Medium
>Speed- 30 ft
>Trade Gnome Cunning for Fey Ancestry

Anyone have the Season 6 password for dndadventurersleague.org/adventures/

Or is it not even up yet?

>Sure, if you charm someone who knows what charm is.

Charm Person straight up says they know they were charmed by you. There's no if about it.

THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS

my group has been on hiatus for a couple of months. the party had just "inherited" some land(+villages) and a reasonably nice house. I want to give them each a pair of free levels.

>the Ranger wanted to focus on being a reasonably effective socioeconomic leader. was an elf slave, now wants to emulate prior master.

>the Cleric is a religious/ceremonial cannibal, with no strong stated motivations. on the run from her home clan for NOT killing and eating her parents. likes tall places.

>the Druid focused Non-combat as his primary role, freely gives advice, assistance, and money to those in need of it. a Death Cultist who thinks that a good life leads to a good death.

I want to give them a few choices and let them simply have one class the get 2 levels in.(or just give them 2 levels in their chosen classes...)

If that's the case, why is STR monk considered bad?

Yes, if I allowed the artificer.
The real question is why the player wants it.

I guess, but the problem with class features like unarmed defense and improved unarmed damage is that they're counted as class features without significantly improving the actual character (instead only creating new ways to reach the same result). Putting too many features like that can kind of warp the value of an archetype. At the same time I don't think wearing light or medium armor really hurts the image of an unarmed fighter too much, but I get that it's more a matter of opinion

no, but that user challenged to find a spell that can trivialize the exploration aspects of the game, Find familiar can do that, because it can do all aspects of exploration, without risk to the caster. That means that with the exception of special circumstances, most parties CAN just sit back and wait until the familiar does all the work.

>Charm Person straight up says they know they were charmed by you. There's no if about it.
If you're clever, they may know about it, but won't be able to DO anything about it. You COULD charm the king. OR, you charm a guard, get all info you need out of him, tie him up and leave him in a ditch, and go about your merry way.

Alchemy Bag so you can wield a shield, Mounted Combatant, and riding around your Allosaurus as power armor was my plan.

Needs a one level dip for Shield Prof. though.

I asked this question last thread, but any possibility for a response was removed by the weird disconnects that were happening earlier, so I'll ask it again.

Is being able to make a temporary clone of an ally an alright final feature for a bard archetype? The clone would only really be able to cast a few spells or take the attack action once or twice before poofing away, and it's a once per rest ability

Even in stories told with a time constraint, it is rare to see any characters deal with 6-8 combat encounters during an adventuring day.

I don't disagree that you can mitigate the issue by adding time constraints. But if DnD is meant to replicate the heroic tales of ages past, or even just tell a story, why is it balanced around a glut of combat that exceeds the normal story telling conventions and audience expectations of the human canon? It's pretty fucking video gamey if you ask me, that you're expected to fight 6-8 times a day, but even most video games let you do all your cool stuff in every battle. So I don't really get it.

Regardless of the video gamey nature of it, you can't deny that this is a fairly common problem precisely because people don't tend to play DnD5e the way it is balanced.

Probably because when someone says "I'm a STR Monk" people assume they intend to play unarmed and unarmored.
Now, if you're a STR Monk who is getting weapon and armor proficiencies from somewhere (starting as Paladin/Fighter and MCing into Monk, Mountain Dwarf possibly taking Heavily Armored) and uses them all, that's another matter.

Strength is still a weaker stat overall than Dex but we meme all day about how Greatsword GWM is the only way to play so whatever.

I don't disagree all that much, which is why I didn't give them unarmored defense - I figured the DEX brawlers would just wear studded leather.
But I'm not the one who wanted to play this kind of character, which is why I'm gathering community opinions.

No, I meant why you want to refluff a gnome as a half-elf instead of just playing a half-elf.

>No, I meant why you want to refluff a gnome as a half-elf instead of just playing a half-elf.
maybe he literally wanted to play half an elf.

Why would they even multiclass?
Take a look at the downtime activities UA and see what they did in this time, if they learned new tool or languages, crafted some stuff, etc.

Because being a Gnome is the only way for an Artificer to actually, you know, artifice.

Tinker. You have proficiency with artisan's tools (tinker's tools). Using those tools, you can spend 1 hour and 10 gp worth of materials to construct a Tiny clockwork device (AC 5, 1 hp). The device ceases to function after 24 hours (unless you spend 1 hour repairing it to keep the device functioning), or when you use your action to dismantle it; at that time, you can reclaim the materials used to create it. You can have up to three such devices active at a time.
When you create a device, choose one of the following options:

Clockwork Toy. This toy is a clockwork animal, monster, or person, such as a frog, mouse, bird, dragon, or soldier. When placed on the ground, the toy moves 5 feet across the ground on each of your turns in a random direction. It makes noises as appropriate to the creature it represents.

Fire Starter. The device produces a miniature flame, which you can use to light a candle, torch, or campfire. Using the device requires your action.

Music Box. When opened, this music box plays a single song at a moderate volume. The box stops playing when it reaches the song's end or when it is closed.

Alarm. This device senses when a creature moves to within 15 feet of it without speaking aloud a password chosen when you create it. One round after a creature moves into range, the alarm makes a shrill ringing that lasts for 1 minute and can be heard from up to 300 feet away.

Calculator. This device makes doing sums easy.

Lifter. This device can be used as a block and tackle, allowing its user to hoist five times the weight the user can normally lift.

Timekeeper. This pocket watch keeps accurate time.

Weather Sensor. When used as an action, this device predicts weather conditions in a 1-mile radius over the next 4 hours, showing one symbol (clouds, sun/moon, rain, or snow) for each hour.

Huh, I thought everyone just accepted by now that monks need DEX for AC, end of story. Maybe some people still have a 3rd-edition attitude, where they could stack WIS for AC purposes. But this was never viable in 5e so I'm not sure why they'd think that.
I DO want to avoid the STR brawler being significantly better than the DEX brawler, though. Maybe I'll make the "deflect weapon attacks" bit only work when not wearing medium or heavy armor?

Thank you. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

As for everyone else, I basically wanted them to find the current BBEG and then for him to banish them all to Gehenna and then I would continue new plot hooks from there. That's why I wanted a spell for it. I'll probably still fudge it a little and have it be one group spell attack rather than single target.

The best devil's advocate position I can make against armor on the brawler is that there's already so many different classes that want studded leather that it's kind of nice to throw the group a bone so to speak. I do think that the dueling fighting style doesn't apply to unarmed, and taking out armor would mean they have basically nothing to benefit from however (without just adding a note to the archetype anyway)

If you are playing a "proper" unarmored Monk, you absolutely need both Dex and Wis to have good AC.
People here think that everyone rolls for stats and gets two 18s to dump into Dex and Wis and we're all gonna play a +Dex/Wis race so that those stats can be capped by the first ASI, though, so they're also fucking retarded.

>OR, you charm a guard, get all info you need out of him, tie him up and leave him in a ditch, and go about your merry way.

Then someone finds him in the ditch and he tells them what your party did and everything he told you

I meant an unarmored STR brawler, but balance-wise you're right. Maybe barb unarmored defense except you can't use shields?

Fighting Styles is a good point. A no-weapon, no-armor fighter couldn't really use any of them. That's kind of a strong argument for armor on any brawler, except it kind of sucks to be locked into only one choice out of six based on your archetype.
Would it be bad to make Dueling apply to unarmed strikes for this archetype?
>so many different classes that want studded leather
You rarely get more than half the party on those classes, though. And if you do, I can only imagine a DM would throw more your way.

So really what you want is the "Tinker" ability? You can probably convince your DM to let you swap out your Skill Versatility for it or something.

Any time frame works fine as long as you keep to an encounter rhythm of 2-S-2-S-2-L with an extra fight or two in there somewhere, anything else and the math starts going haywire. I'd avoid making a long rest an entire week because that's going to create 1 of 2 forms of havoc: either your players are working 2 days and taking 7 days off or they're having a 1 fight a day followed by a short each night. Neither is going to work so hot.

What I would do for a permanently slower-paced game is make an overnight rest equal to a short and then make my longs require taking a full day off. Resting every 3rd day isn't that onerous.

What I do in my current games is just keep "encounters" to a minimum unless they're actually in wilderness areas and award abstracted downtime days, AL-style. It was an easy sell to say "this way you can make progress on the things you want to make/learn without having to listen to each other narrate about your character reading a book."

>assuming by the time that happens, the PCs hadn't accomplished their goal.

He also wants dat dere +2 int I guess

Well, that and the ASIs. CHA doesn't do much for Artificer. That's not such a big deal though since Artificer is pretty SAD, and the Servant can be the STR monkey.

not too mention that if it happens EVERY time, you just encourage your PCs to murderhobo.

>unarmored STR brawler
To be completely honest, if that's not viable, I'm not going to care too much. No other class in the game can be STR-based and have a good unarmored AC, and I don't feel any pressure to introduce one.
STR brawlers are very much meant to wear armor, so if that's viable if studded-leather-DEX brawlers are viable, I'd be satisfied.

Like I said, I'm just fishing up any argument I can think of. I think there's also some sort of fighting style in a UA for aquatic adventures or something that applies to not having armor, but it's probably for the best to just say "dueling applies to this archetype" (though probably better worded than that)

>2-S-2-S-2-L
I've tried this, it's shit. People don't want to play this way.

>making your goals accomplishable within 1 hour
>making it so the guard instantly decides to give any and all info just because he considers you a friend

then the authorities bring out their mage and have him cast Speak With Dead and the same thing happens.

Surely user wouldn't want to refluff for munchkin reasons -

Why bother? It's probably the worst piece of official content I have ever seen for D&D.

Fair enough, and thanks for the efforts. I'll add a dueling change, and let the brawler choose between that and defense. But I think I'll leave all AC-related things alone for now, because there's no reason for them not to work properly.

It's not official content, friend.

>if you charm someone who knows what charm is
No, that's completely unnecessary, explicitly in RAW.
>Or you can use them creatively, charm the unsophisticated people who live and work near your target, and use them to win
First of all, "using them creatively" firmly takes them out of the "cheese" category, as it requires creative thinking and effort. Second of all, you're making some big assumptions about what unsophisticated people who live and work near your target are actually knowledgeable about or capable of, or even that there ARE people like that nearby.
>Hypnotic Pattern
A spell that can affect teammates, is broken on damage, can be broken by their friends, and, again, is concentration which can be interrupted. I'm not saying it's a bad spell; it's a good spell, but it's not a cheesy "I win" button.
>Blasting has always been good
If you think this, you either have never actually played D&D or you don't actually know what you're talking about. Blasting has *never* been good.
>Bards
Lore bards get all of two spells not on their list before level 10. It's a popular argument tactic to act as though this grants them infinite access to the entire spell catalog, but it doesn't.
>Charm Wizards
Since when do Wizards get access to Divination or Goodberry? I thought those were two of the cheese spells?
>Some warlocks
Warlocks get two or three spell slots per short rest, with some utility Invocations or one-use Invocations. They're not going to be able to cheese combat, exploration AND social all at once. Their ability to use Rituals does give them expanded utility, I'll grant.
>A caster with the exact same stats/skill proficiencies as a martial will be able to out perform that martial in every respect, because they can do everything the martial can + spells
No, they can't this edition. There is no way for most casters to get Extra Attack, the benefits of Fighting Styles, or the tertiary abilities like Rage Damage/Superiority Dice/Divine Smite like martials.

Considering the only two options for +2 INT are Gnome and Vhuman I don't see the big deal.

>You charm a guard, get all info you need out of him, tie him up and leave him in a ditch, and go about your merry way.
Why exactly do you think a guard is going to have such total knowledge of the goings-on in the place he's guarding that this is a be-all-end-all solution?

fair enough

>Strength domain
>Gains druid cantrip
>Strength is now dump stat.

>No, they can't this edition. There is no way for most casters to get Extra Attack, the benefits of Fighting Styles, or the tertiary abilities like Rage Damage/Superiority Dice/Divine Smite like martials.

Any caster with polymorph or "conjure X" spells can get access to a what is functionally extra attack and damage and scales with level to the point that they can outdamage martials. Warlocks and bards can both smite.

But more importantly, casters can make attacks, do sufficient damage with cantrips, excessive damage with blasting, all while being Objectively Better in every other aspect of the game, thanks to spells.

It's because you shouldn't choose a race based on the stat bonuses. With bounded values, those don't matter nearly as much.
If you think half-elves are cool, play a half-elf. Shit, the floating +1s are just as good as +2 with the standard array anyway.

>making your goals accomplishable within 1 hour
>implying guys with magic can't make someone disappear for over an hour

>making it so the guard instantly decides to give any and all info just because he considers you a friend
>there's a whole host of charm spells outside of "Friends" user.

>then the authorities bring out their mage and have him cast Speak With Dead and the same thing happens.
burn the body, take the head. Jesus do you even murderhobo?

>Why exactly do you think a guard is going to have such total knowledge of the goings-on in the place he's guarding that this is a be-all-end-all solution?

Why do YOU think I meant anything other than what the PC's would need to know to get that information themselves? What a guard WOULD know would be protocols, passwords, patrol areas and rounds. All enough for PC's to replace a few guards and get close to their objective. Have you never done an infiltration mission before? SOP in my group is to systematically target the lowest person on the command chain we need to get access to what we want.

What does 5eg think about Artificer now that we've had months with the class? What would you change about it to make it stronger?

If I was looking to tank I'd go SnB Dex Barb and take Path of the Totem Warrior: Bear. You're losing some synergy at level 6, although its still nice to have, but between AC, HP, and Being able to pop defensive rages you're going to be unbelievably tough, especially for a featless game.

>sufficient damage with cantrips
>excessive damage with blasting
Either you've never played with a paladin/rogue/fighter in your party, or you're just stirring shit up. Probably the second one.

Not EVERYONE will pick Shillelagh.
...right?

Fucking teases, just make PS:Ravnica (as a full fledged supplement) already, it's whet everyone's been wanting, hell do Kamigawa too and use it a beta for Kara-tur content.

>Why would they even multiclass?
1.) I want to surprise them with some of this
>they all kind of passively informed me what they were doing
>things like the Ranger is going to pick up an animal companion.

2.) this isn't 5e but 3.5e
>I am here because D&D is still D&D and this is more a flavor choice than a mechanics choice. they're still getting 2 levels for 4 months IRL downtime.

3.) I'll look up that up for ideas

Not everyone will press the "kill random stranger for 20 million" button either.

>Either you've never played with a paladin/rogue/fighter in your party, or you're just stirring shit up. Probably the second one.
not that user, but if you think even a high level smite can compare with a well placed fireball, I have some news for you.

(cont)

If you were looking to DPR, I'd still go Totem Warrior, but take Eagle of all things, and take a Greataxe. You'll get all your strength and crit synergies plus a pseudo-mobility feat that again would be otherwise hard to come by in a featless game.

Don't make fun of the boy, he's just telling you how it works when he's alone in his bedroom masturbating over the spell list.

Any thoughts from helpful anons on buffing the Bear Warrior's 10th- and 14th-level abilities? (Whilst keeping the 14th-level ability focused on interaction)

I gotta go with the same shit that's been said over and over, take out the Mechanical Servant, develop it into a full fledged path.

Make alchemist into a full fledged feature instead of a mediocre secondary spell-progression.

I don't even know what the hell these are, but I'm for it, just because it'd be something new for 5e that isn't set in fucking Faerun already.

Also, why is the Aven's fly speed so overpowered when, 1, they can't even use it if they're wearing decent armor, and 2, literally every ranged weapon in the game bar thrown hand weapons, darts, blowguns and nets can hit them at short range?