Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Edition Canceled Like WHFB 9th

Previously on /40kg/: >Veeky Forumshammer 40k discord server
discord.gg/VcZNNd4

>FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the Drukhari!

who is going to get new models with their codices?
gw said some will soon

WHO'S LINE IS IT ANYWAY WHERE THE NAMES ARE MADE UP AND THE FLUFF DON'T MATTER

coming up with my own warband, here's the general idea of the scheme + warband badge

it's supposed to be metallic rather than gray tho

whaddaya think

Will deathstrikes get buffed ever?
As in buffed to a useful state?

Well, Death Guard already have, Space Marines already have and wasn't there something about a new faction? They certainly will.

I like the contrast of the purple on silver but the green parts look odd

**nth for an answer to this

Seems fucked but then I remembered Chaos so fuck yeah

10th for CUTEDAR!

My main tip for new players is that you definitely need reliable "anti-tank" (which also covers anti-armor and anti-monster and anti-anything hard to kill with a lot of wounds)

Now in your case you are getting a codex really soon so I don't advise you buy anything until the Death Guard codex comes out, but as far as what I like, I like Havocs with missile launchers as anti-tank for CSM. Can't remember off the top if Death Guard get Havocs but missile launchers are good. Your Plague Marines can take plasma guns too which make good anti-everything these days.

Well the Daemon Primarchs seem to be showing up.
Maybe plastic Noise Marines for Emp's Children?

this is the kind of thing that brought us slaanesh

not played 40k since 5th edition and I'm getting back into it with 8th, gone for marines because they're the beginner army.
Just wondering what's worth getting after Dark Imperium

Daily reminder that manlets will eventually be SQUATTED

Wouldn't that be fucking nice. I only need roughly 40 of the fucking things

Anyone have any cool ideas for the fluff on a scions regiment? I'm doing a desert tan paint scheme and they're going alongside my iron hands and mechanicum in the future

There is an iOS/Tablet/Phone video game called Speed Freeks or Speed Freakz or some shit coming out. You're an Ork, you build a vehicle, guns and all that jazz, then race other Orks in their vehicles. Shooting shit up. In other words; Gorkamorka video jame.

Yes? It's literally written in the fluff in the Dark Imperium book. Why are you spouting such obvious information that even Captain Obvious himself doesn't comment?

Only primaris because will happen by 9th ed.

conscripts are a meme.

Nah that was something else :3

8th is fun man, welcome back. I'd suggest getting something that will either kill vehicles (like I suggested to the death guard guy) or a vehicle or two. Used Dreds are pretty common at places like noble knight for reasonably cheap

Thanks a ton for this, ill be sure to wait until I know what I am getting into. Cheers friend!

Thoughts?

I wanted a non traditional non monochromatic themed around all the angriest chapter's colors.

Red for Flesh Tearers, Yellow for Angry Marines, Orange because why the fuck not, and finally a little green jewel for the Salamanders, my homies that are also flaming rage-o-holics.

what you mean to say is that eventually all of the old marine models will have primaris stat lines and will continue to be played regardless of new models existing.

yep that's heresy

Looks like the celebrants

Hell yeah man good luck. I'm super psyched about the new death guard stuff as it all looks so cool, hope you kick some ass!

I already have 15 from the resin upgrade sprews, but yeah, it'd be nice.
I'd also love to get Doomrider back but that's just me wanting something they won't give.

It's metroid

Why eventually?
Primaris ftw, let's make the "master of none" race even more expensive and obsolete troop choices.

Wrong again!

I'm thinking maybe I'll do black inside the shoulderpads

I wanted the green to complement the purple, it complements on the color wheel. I think.

Hey, nothing stopping you from making an EXTREME biker lord!

>will
more like are

I wonder when those will release
DG was announced in like April, and here we are in July still waiting for more of them to release

Ah fuck wow that is similar. Whatever, those guys are fuckin' cool looking too. Oh well, I guess everything has been done in 40k, really.

My last paint idea was basically the Reclaimers, and I bailed on that after being told so.

Samus is all orange, no? Even so, w/e. I think it still works.

That's not a bad idea, I'd also like the rules for him though.
But I suppose a Slaanesh Herald head, if painted correctly, would make a good head.
The way it's going we'll probably get Fulgrim by Slaaneshmas.

Please gue'vesa.
I'd even settle for an upgrade pack.

Man if we actually got a codex by Dec that would be nuts, but I doubt it. Never know though! We do have a primarch model to sell and GW just looooooooooooves selling expensive new models!

well if you like orange, you could focus more on that because aside from those flukes, there aren't a whole lot of chapters that use orange.

t. spent hours autistically searching wikis and books for orange power armor

Hehehehe fug

I wouldn't be able to stop myself from buying a Fulgrim model.
I'll probably be disappointed though, they seem to have a hard-on for making Slaanesh models ugly and handwaving it as "oh the beauty is just a GLAMOUR, they're not REALLY pretty" the cunts.

Why do you want them so bad? Just use Catachan models and use the Kroot rules.

Slowpoking and cleaning up the 7e Articles on 1d4chan...

...so alone.

You're pretty close

Seems pointless but I'll give you credit for actually doing it instead of bitching that nobody's doing it like the rest of this general would.

>1dleddit
Out

Reposting from last thread:

Looking for some lore and mechanics advice for a campaign I'm trying to set up for myself and two friends.

Lore: I play T'au (Bork'an), while my friends play Tzeentch Daemons and Necrons (he's thinking Sautekh). I think this could potentially work out with the relative locations of the T'au empire, the Sautekh empire, and the Hadex Anomaly. I was thinking of centering the conflict around one specific planet that had some macguffin that we're trying to fight over? As will be illustrated below, I'm considering having Tzeentch flip-flop between helping the two sides. I'm aware both Necrons and T'au don't take kindly to Daemons (last I heard, T'au don't even publicly recognize their existence), but I figure that if the stakes are dire enough, that they won't turn down somebody else attacking their primary opponent.

Mechanics: One of my principle concerns is is that the Tzeentch player is a much more casual player than the other two of us (originally chose Daemons due to high-RNG along with diverse model range). I've thought of a few solutions to this:
1. Give the Tzeentch player a handicap, such as extra points or CP, and do a standard FFA
2. Have the Tzeentch player flip-flop sides in 2v1 matches, where the single player gets bonus points (750+750 vs 1250, or something similar)
3. Play up the Tzeentch, and have them not competing with the other two for their main objective of any given match, but instead having a secret objective each game, and possibly a slightly smaller force. IE "Ensure both of their warlords die," "Ensure player A/B wins, but only by a margin of at most 3 VP, " "Ensure that each other player loses at least X units before the game ends", "At the start of turn four, flip a coin in secret to determine player A or player B. Ensure that player wins." etc. etc.
(cont)

Think it's time for sleep. Enjoy.

Stupid Sexy Samus

Eh, I could just go full pull and orange it up then, and copypasta the Chozo suit.

I too, looked everywhere for Orange marines.

Because I want to play the human auxiliaries as well.
Guess I can try your idea.

(Cont)
I'm partial to option 3 for the Tzeentchian flavor and putting direct pressure off of the weakest player, but clearly it requires the most additional rules to make work.

As for the rest of the campaign, I really like the Grid style; I was thinking perhaps a series of missions decided grid-style with relatively low point-levels, culminating in a larger game with bonuses based on how many games were won previously? Depending on what was decided for the Tzeentchian player, they could potentially enter into this fight as a full 3-way FFA with bonus points based on previously successful objectives?

As an added option, I'm thinking about having it such that the T'au and Necrons decide their lists at the same time they pick which strategy they're using, as they have a rough but not perfect understanding of what sorts of missions they may find themselves in.

Suggestions, comments? Does this sound like an interesting campaign?

Youre going to have a hard time mixing fuscia and neon green in a way that looks intentional. Not impossible but those are colors that the human brain doesnt like to process together and not in a trippy way, it just ends up looking accidental even if your work is clean.

If you end up doing it I wouldnt make the metal dominant, if you are using multiple colors that bold you either need a legitimately recessive color like black or you need to go all the way and make the primary color unobtrusive like white. The metal will get confused.

They seem like they could pay for themselves pretty easily, they just need to be facing an army with a lot of high value targets. It's great against banana men.

>not giving all your tau anime poses

BUT SQUATS ARE HOW YOU GET THAT HUGE user

but if it gets cleaned up it won't be 1d4ddit anymore

Maybe, but did you read Dark Imperium? They poured on the Slaanesh super hard in Fulgrim's description there.

Got an old White Dwarf with a space marine painting guide. The blood angels we're orange. My scanner is broken so here's a crappy phone pic

It looks more like he's face palming.

complimentary colors on the color wheel don't mean they work well together, it just means they're not directly across but not adjacent. A lot of complimentary colors look awful together. Green/Red for instance.

>Le facepalm

His thoughts on your posing are clear user.

I know, but if I expect disappointment I might be pleasantly surprised.

yeah I know

there are some others I can think of like The Pyre CSM but overall it's a fairly uncommon color on power armor

Sure give it a whirl

Ha! Wise words

>ancient squat airship called the overlord existed once
>primarines dropship called the overlord
what did GW mean by this

Terrible JoJo posing.
>legs too far apart (even for Polnareff standards)
>Facepalming
>"What am I doing with my right arm
>back is barely arched/turned

Apply yourself.

PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Hey guys it turns out my entire motor pool can fit in one list.

Spearhead detachment, 2000 points

HQ: Techmarine with conversion beamer, boltgun, power axe

Elites: Contemptor dreadnought with kheres assault cannon
Relic sicaran venator with 3x heavy bolters

Heavy support:
Predator with twin lascannon, two heavy bolters
Predator with twin lascannon, two heavy bolters
Predator with predator autocannon, two heavy bolters
Vindicator with storm bolter
Leman russ with battle cannon, lascannon, 2 heavy bolters

Flyers:
Stormraven with twin assault cannons, hurricane bolters, twin multimelta

Dedicated transport:
Razorback with twin assault cannon, stormbolter
Razorback with twin assault cannon, stormbolter
Chimera with multilaser, heavy bolter, stormbolter

Yall are too harsh on the poor man, no GW model can pose with a back arched THAT much

Please rate review the army I'm starting up. It's going to be painted like a Vietnam era American army force, except orks. I've taken to calling them Morks Ghosts.

>motor pool
>not IG

nigga wut

Imma make the shoulderpad insides black. Also my plan was to do like duncan in a dreadnought vid he made and just drybrush a bit of leadbelcher over chaos black spray so the recesses will be dark. it's going to be pretty dark versus solid metal color

Fuck yeah. Vehicle lists can be surprisingly strong now too.

nice that sounds good

R8 my 1000 point with some to spare list

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [58 PL, 968pts] ++

+ HQ +

Tank Commander [13 PL, 211pts]: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters
. Command Punisher: Turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Hellhounds [5 PL, 110pts]
. Hellhound: Heavy Flamer, Turret-mounted Inferno Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Hydras [6 PL, 123pts]
. Hydra: Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [22 PL, 348pts]
. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Lascannon
. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Lascannon

Leman Russ Demolishers [12 PL, 176pts]
. Leman Russ Punisher: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon

++ Total: [58 PL, 968pts] ++

I can swap out the hydra, but I like it so fuck you

its not the gray palette of the metallic that would cause the problems, its the visual complexity or the metallic flecks mixed with two ultra dominant color choices that the human eye has a LOT of trouble recognizing shades or depth in.

Theres a reason you tend to see those colors in cartoons or things like the light lining in TRON. Humans are very bad at actually interpreting them when they are in any real level of depth or complexity. Without going for a fully acryllic look like on tzeentch demons its going to look off to most people.

There are also no psychological connotations to that color combination other than 'rave' or 'neon' so you won't get to borrow from established learned color associations in your audience (mostly since the metallic doesn't support those inferences).

>The follow up frame to this is too shocking even for Veeky Forums

But I don't mean to make it sound impossible, if you work clean you could pull it off and have a very unique looking force.

Guard are getting plastic steel legion

Before or after the plastic thunderhawk release ?

WW2 SAS in space

im pretty sure thats just how howling griffons are made user

Thinking about a Thousand Sons list for a 2000pt tournament on the 15th. How does this sound?
Battallion Detachment, total of 6CP
1 daemon Prince with warp bolter, wings, and talons-189pts
1 Exalted Sorcerer on a Disc-163pts
1 TDA Sorcerer with combi-plasma-119pts

Two 10-man Rubric Marine units with gatling guns-243pts each
Three units of 10 Tzaangors-70pts each
One unit of Scarab Occult Terminators with hellfire missiles -246pts
A five-man unit of Chaos spawn-165
Las Predator-204pts
Helldrake with baleflamer-215pts.
It comes out to 1997/2000. I can't think of anything I'm missing, got the anti-tank, anti-air, anti-MC with smites, and close combat screens with the tzaangors and spawn.

man don't do this to me, im a mechanized and Armour guard, Plastic Steel Legion would actually make me cum

Fuck off

Really? Source?

Iron Warriors list, trying to be fluffy.

All 100 of them ordered the chicken dinner at a really big wedding and were stuffed into a plane and dropped on a mysterious island full of guns and old shitty cars

How do you think an Ork army composed mostly of vehicles and Nobz in trukks for infantry would fare?
I love Orks aesthetically, but don't want to paint 100s of boyz or deal with the hassle of moving all those models and rolling all those dice.

They come inside it

That seems like a LOT of protection on that Big Mek. Mega Armor and a Kustom Forcefield? It might be part of your plan, but I'd probably let whatever mob he's with soak up most/all of the fire, and not worry too much about personal armor for him.

Am I reading the list or the index wrong on Deffdreads and dreadklaws? Because the index says your first klaw should be 30, and each extra klaw should be 15. I also personally wouldn't run shootas and slugga/choppas in the same mob, I'd do one or the other. That way one mob can focus on shooting and holding and objective, while the other focuses purely on getting into the fight. As is, both mobs are flexable, but that's at the cost of being less effective at either job. You probably want to specialize.

Looks neat otherwise, and bare in mind I haven't actually gotten to play 8th yet. That's just the advice that makes sense to me.

Seems pretty good to me. The spawn are pretty expensive for their survivability so make sure to use them smart.

I sold my IG off in 5th edition and stopped playing until the start of this year when I started up the iron hands army I always kinda wanted to run. So I've got 500 points of guard left over that I put into my marine lists.

The only weakness would probably be the nobz themselves, right now they're pretty bad for their cost compared to basic boyz.

The wartrakks are all really good for cost, the deff dreds seem useable, kans are awesome, and the battlewagon is pretty sturdy with the ard top. It'd be a pretty strong force, even the gorkanaut looks like it could pull its weight.

Dope. Skorcha Nobz are incredibly efficient at shooting, and big choopa nobz are amazing at melee. It is going to be a short range army, but deadly when it gets there.

he looks more like he's doing the John Cena "cant see me"