>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
>Dungeon Masters:
Would you let a PC that is also a blacksmith forge a +3 magic weapon?

>Players:
Have you ever seen a PC successfully forge a magic weapon?

Other urls found in this thread:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Yellow_Sun_Kryptonian_(5e_Class)
youtube.com/watch?v=qDr9axb7X7E
youtube.com/watch?v=0eyfuCMXzXg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyakki_Yagyō
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hard mode- it has to be at least 75% Warlock levels, literally everything I can think of is just Warlock 3/something else X.

What are some good riddles and puzzles for a vampire's keep?

FUCK I forgot to copy the entire post

What are some Warlock meme builds?

Hard mode- it has to be at least 75% Warlock levels, literally everything I can think of is just Warlock 3/something else X

knock knock
who's there?
*snaps your neck*

Magic item creation is kind of fucked RAW. I'd probably just give the go ahead to whatever but say they need monster parts for it so there's at least something other than spending gold and downtime involved

I asked this last night but I fell asleep before I noticed whether or not anyone replied to me so I guess I'll ask again.

I've heard artificer isn't a very good class so I'm looking for an alternative that could work for a brewmaster/battle chef sort of character? I don't really care about playstyle much as long as it fits the theme well.

Artificer seemed perfect but I really have no desire to play one if I'm going to feel useless the entire time I'm playing.

Raven Warlock/Rogue V.Human with Observant Feat and start with 16 WIS and CHA.

You have 25 Passive Perception right at level 2.

>tfw my DM doesn't even use Passive Perception when I have a 20

Paladin 2 / Bladelock X
This fix the bladelock.

Still want to know if there's a good reason for this.

Why is Master of Myriad Forms a 15th level invocation and not a 9th level one, when you can get Mask of Many Faces at level 2?

It's only a level 2 spell, and while it's rad is it really 13 levels more rad?

Is it really so much to ask to turn into a giant bee man and sting my enemies to death before I'm practically epic level?

I'm personally a fan of Fighter 1/Bladelock X. Doesn't require a complete fuck around of roleplaying to do and what does 2 levels of Paladin even give you? Some smites? I'd rather be casting spells like Fire Shield with my nonstop Fiendlock Temp HP.

> use animate dead on goblin corpse
> it become a medium size skeleton / zombie

5e is silly sometime.

I suppose that works but I can't help but feel like Warlock 2/Paladin X is just flat better.

The bones are held together with magic right? Maybe they're not held together as close as they were when it was alive. Spaced out goblin bones sounds pretty creepy.

Feylock5/SorcererX for slow+repel+agonizing
Fighter2/Warlock2/SorcererX
Warlock2/AbjurationwizardX
Tomelock3/PaladinX
Undyinglightwarlock1/Firesorcerer6/someotherstuffIguess

Use the UA for that 'see through walls' ability and not the revised version and be broken.

Cleric3/Warlock9 for aid spell dispenser.

Yeah, no, there are no genuine warlock builds that use any notable number of warlock levels.

But aren't I supposed to do an initial reading before running it?

Smite and Spell. Paladin can change their spell daily, so that will increase your versatility and utility. Maybe save your warlock spell known.

That's kind of horrifying. Like it just stretches skin and muscle between the skeleton bits to make it complete, so it looks like some sort of bethesda game glitch monster

Paladin get +CHA to saving throw
Warlock get +CHA to damage

It's depend on what you want.

Thinking about it I could probably do [any class with Archery style 2]/ Fey Bladelock with the meme bow and just be a Short Rest Ranger.

Undyinglight doesn't exist anymore.
Memebow doesn't exist anymore.

They didn't outright say old Invocations were no longer valid so I interpret it as only the ones that got new versions being nerfed.

Nothing in the UAs is actually valid. It's all playtest crap. You can choose to use it if you want but don't mistake any of it for an official release. When the guide to everything comes out we'll get the official versions of all these invocations and subclasses.

Idea for my Wild Magic sorcerer tweak

Wild Magic
When you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, you can roll a d20. If it lands on a 1, you may roll on the Wild Magic table. You may use sorcery points to increase the chances by 1 per sorcery point. as a bonus action on your turn.

(Variant)
If the DM chooses, the number of times you can roll on the Wild Magic table is equal to your constitution modifier.

This makes it so by level 20 you can automatically roll on the Wild Magic table at will, and takes the "if the DM says" part out of it.

But they did.
> One ofthe main pieces of feedback we got about the Eldritch Invocations is that you didn’t want them exclusive to particula rOtherworldly Patron options, so we’ve opened them up to more warlocks,tweaked them,and cut the least popular ones.

Do you even read? Mr."that guy"?

Guess i'll repost
artificer can be good depending on how much you can use your tool proficiencies, but even then they still need a bit of a buff, which they might be getting cause they are getting a revision just before they are made Adventure League legal in the coming weeks (maybe even next week)

i think they need to be made as half casters and not quarter

Actually thinking on this
>Fighter Champion 3/Fey Warlock X
>Elven Accuracy at 7, Sharpshooter at 11 if the game gets that far
>Memebow
>Stand away from allies
>Cast Darkness on self (Away from allies to not fuck them over)
>Plink away with Super Advantage and an 18 to crit, enemies probably won't want to enter the Darkness with bolts of Moonlight flying out of it
>Should get your Super Smite Crit pretty quickly with an 18 to crit and 3 rolls

Seems to me like it'd be rather strong, and coming online at 7 is "decent" (Though you wouldn't get Extra Attack until 8 with this)

boo, no fun allowed.

Oh well, it was a decent idea.

If it gets a revision within the next couple of weeks I might be able to make one in time for when I play, but if it's anything later than that I'll probably have to have something else ready ahead of time.

Do any of the other classes offer an even remotely similar theme?

I don't really know how alchemy/potion brewing works in 5e as I'm only familiar with Pathfinder.

besides feats and haste, what can i do to increase my movement?

there is a wizard artificer UA archetype

Multiclass
Get a mount

Alter self is very good for a second level spell, but level 15 seems kind of ridiculous when you could be casting hold monster at will (although only on planar enemies) with Chains of Carceri. It sort of makes sense though if you compare it to the Wizard's Spell Mastery not kicking in until 18th level.

Who chooses the rolled number on the variant rule? player or the dm?

Shadow Monk 6 / Warlock 2-3 / Shadow Monk or Rogue X
Any ranged build splashing Warlock 3 for Darkness+Devil's sight. Hell, any non-Barbarian build.

Hard Mode:
Fighter 1 / Warlock X fixes Bladelock. It's good even on Hexblade.
Paladin 2/ Warlock X also works but is unnecessary with the advent of the generic Smite invocation.

Long stride

>drow as a core race
>tieflings as a core race
>warlock as a core class
>assassin as a core class

Is there a reason 5e panders so much to edgelords? Is this something they did in market research and realized there was this huge demographic of worthless emo fucks who want to play dark brooding faggots and also have tons of cash to spend on 5e products? Holy shit the sheer number of tieflings and drow requests I've seen in the games I run, is overwhelming. I turn down pretty much all of them. Actually, just ASKING to play a tiefling, drow, or warlock is enough to get you kicked out of one of my games. I don't need that gay-ass edgelord shit. I don't even care if you play an evil character, but try harder than tiefling warlock, that is just such absolute garbage i am not even going to give it a chance.

Would the Stealthy feat work well with the One with Shadows invocation (move 10 ft per round for constant invisibility), or would this basically just be like regular sneaking except slower?

Is it worth it? I thought transmuter would probably also fit the theme.

The DM chooses whether you use the variant rule or not, the variant rule is as it stands. The number of times you can roll on the Wild Magic table equals conmod.

Wth that's just asking for perception roll parades

dandwiki.com/wiki/Yellow_Sun_Kryptonian_(5e_Class)

How does this make you feel?

Or you can not be a faggot DM and find ways to separate the one with high passive perception from the group

I forgot about Spell Mastery, but that sort of makes me more grouchy about this. A wizard can pick pretty much any arcane spell of first or second level, and change it once per day. The Warlock has to spend an invocation for limited versions of limited spell choices. Blech.

JUST LET US BE BEE MEN!

It's become something of a running joke that I roll for perception at least once per room, if not more for places like long hallways.

Honestly I do agree a fair bit.

Tiefling and Warlock are both carry overs from 4e Core, and I hate them. Warlock's fluff can easily be done by a Cleric, Sorcerer or Paladin and only exists for people to dip 2-3 levels into. If I could ban a single Core class without being an ass it would probably be Warlock. A lot of people like it so I put up with it though.

As for Drow, I would've liked them to be in the SCAG. I have no issues with someone playing one as long as they're not an idiot, but if it's core then why not Deep Gnomes and Duergar Dwarves?

Tiefling is honestly not really redeemable. If they were like the old versions where they still looked human I could like them, but a bunch of red devil people are just silly.

Assassin... Really is just a Rogue with a focus on damage and disguises. I've got no issue with it.

Everyone got their panties in a twist about Dragonborn being a core race when 4e came out, but before that everyone was bending over backwards to make half-dragon characters, so, you know. Whatever.

I agree Drow should have been SCAG though. Fuck those guys.

Threadly reminder solid objects block spells.

Shooting a fireball through a glass window just means it'll explode on the first solid thing it hits, i.e. the glass pane.

Being underwater also provides you total cover from someone outside the water.

I think I'll actually go with this.

But now the question is- how do I do this well so it's not just "Elf Archer"?

Or even worse- "Elf Archer with a SOOPER COOL SPESHAL BOW PLS LOOK AT ME"?

What kind of background/personality isn't painfully overdone for Elf Archers at this point?

>playing a dark and brooding warlock or assassin

Why would you do that, when you can play a happy version of either?

youtube.com/watch?v=qDr9axb7X7E
youtube.com/watch?v=0eyfuCMXzXg

Key points or Kai points

How do I turn this into an encounter

Key.

Key.

key

What Feat should I take for my Vhuman Zealot Barbarian?

I'm going Sword 'n Board so no GWM memes. I'm thinking Resilient (Wis) is going to have the most mileage.

The parade is based on this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyakki_Yagyō
If you want to replicate Paprika's, lots of constructs (animated dolls), bullywugs (frog people), one ogre or anything big to be the king.

>>>/reddit/

That or alert would generally be my first choices when the fighting feats are ruled out. Resilient probably wouldn't feel very impressive at lower levels though

Mobile could be cool, but not that impressive.

Yeah the implication is that it will be reaching high levels

Well as a Barbarian I'll already be moving pretty quick

+10 movement speed by itself can be pretty cool, at least in my experience

b8, and not an argument.

>water is a solid

GOTTA GO FAST(ER)
For real though, +10 speed and dashing through difficult terrain can be quite nice, plus no opportunity attacks.
Situational at best, but cool overall.

Ever had the climactic fight of the game just be perfect?

My players just finished Tiamat, and ended the campaign. The fight was just sick because of the series of stupidly good rolls. For reference, we roll in a dice tray in the middle of the table, no fudges, no cheating.

>Group is Eldritch Knight, Open Hand Monk, Ancients Paladin and Strength Rogue/Barbarian
>Confront Tiamat with a badass "Oh Boy, finally you came out" attitude.
>Actually taunt her, and proceeds to ignore her and talk amongst themselves.
>Kinda worried if they can even win.
>Literally dont roll below 15, and is just smacking her around not taking enough damage in return
>They quickly go through her legendary resistances
>Tiamat almost at 20% HP and I don't think I have done more than half of any of their HP.
>Rolled a hit of 27 on the EK
>Misses because Shield, he decides to use this opportunity to literally run up on Tiamat and attacking her from her back.
>Monk gets a stun through, no resistances left to help
>Paladin starts climbing to get a higher ground.
>Tiamat attempts to fly away after recovering
>Rogue Grabs her and throws her back on the ground
>Paladin man drops from a high ledge with his great sword
>Tiamat almost dead
>Strikes out at Eldritch Knight
>Blocked by shield again
>Gets taken out
>Nobody dropped below 50% health, Paladin tells the Monk to suck up the burns he took.
>wonders if Dragon queen tastes good, as they set up a camp.
I mean, it WAS an epic final battle, but damn I did not expect them to win this hard. I rolled like dogshit and aside from the monk, nobody rolled less than 10 at any point during that fight.

And Jesus Christ optimised Paladins and Fighters do a lot of damage, holy fuck.

DMs how do you typically run random encounters?

It is a tragedy that you can't see how wrong you are, but at least you know you are a faggot if that picture is anything to go by.

>RULES OF NATURE

>DM question
If I was running a high fantasy campaign and the player expended the necessary funds and time to acquire raw materials and forge them together to make the magic weapon / armor, then I would probably allow it.

Speaking of forging and magic, I have an idea for a mountain dwarf transmutation wizard smith who uses his magic to primarily further his skills in smithing. This idea primary came to mind after I stumbled across the Fabricate spell. I love the though of a smith using the combination of his knowledge in smithing and his skills in magic to instantly make beautiful and sturdy sets of armor and weaponry.

Make a table of encounters, roll on the table per amount of time passing, have the encounters make sense in context.
>creatures native to the area
>roaming patrol parties
>various bounty hunters coming after the party

Do you allow your players to avoid it or is it just typically sprung on them?

Any DM here uses some kind of Downtime for their players? Do you use the UA stuff?
Planning on adding it to my campaign, unsure of the results or how over the top the numbers on the UA are.

charger maybe?

I have some generic level-appropriate stat blocks that i use for random encounters and i refluff them as something relevant to what they are doing.

These stories are honestly the ones that make me think there is a case for fudging rolls as a DM. I want to create tension and a good story. If it's a Tiamat fight there should be some scares. Never dropping below 50% while slapping the end of campaign boss around would be super unsatisfying to me.

I'm glad it sounds like you guys had fun though. Hope the new campaign is as enjoyable if you're all still playing together.

elf archer who was pressured into archery by his elf archer dad. secretly wants to be a greatsword-wielding chad instead.

That would factor into how they're moving or how the encounter is set up. So let's say you have two events-
>Party encounters two giants bullying a smaller one
>party encounters a giant patrol party looking for them, stealth DC15
If you're party's going at a normal or fast pace and not making a point to be stealthy, then they'd come upon the encounter. The first one they wouldn't be noticed since the giants are pre-occupied, the second one they would be noticed OR forced to make stealth checks at a disadvantage since they haven't been making any effort to do so already. If they're all going for some stealthing already, then they'll still be undetected by the first one still, and for the second one you'd refer to the stealth DC for whether the patrol notices them or not, and then they can let it pass by or attack them.

Making a Beastmaster Ranger (Revised) with Magic Initiate. The character is a Sailor.

Which seems better?

>Magic Initiate- Druid
>Mending, Mold Earth, Create or Destroy Water
Fresh water is essential on a ship. This one seems the best from a rp perspective, and with Goodberry I can keep the whole party from starving.
>Mending, Shape Water, Create or Destroy Water
The same as above, except Shape Water means I can create water and use it in combat, making 5ft square ice walls to block hallways or give full cover.

>Magic Initiate- Wizard
>Mending, Mold Earth, Find Familiar
This gives me a scouting option and, more importantly, means I have a way to communicate with my pet from afar if need be.

Life time friends, so yeah.

And they thought it was super satisfying. They went from struggling with small young dragons, to getting to kick Tiamats ass.

They were actively looking to fight her, and was setting up to look awesome if it worked, and like dorks if it failed. There were NPC unlookers as well, so they probably tried to play it up, because if they win, it makes them awesome, and if they lose... Well, then they are dead, so they wont really care.

Shape Water, first because I don't understand why Mold Earth, second is that you can make 5 ft. cubes of ice and ride them over a current!
Also, find familiar working with the animal companion works like that or just houseruling?

blade or book pact for a paladin/warlock?

Book for Shillelagh meme and 2 rituals.
There's hardly anything good from blade that you don't get from paladin already (summoning your weapon)

Yeah Mold Earth is hella useful but not as fitting.

>find familiar working with the animal companion?
Take Raven, Raven can mimic voice commands, teach it a few basic ones.

blade if you want to go full nova. Book if you want utility but lack creativity. Chain if you want all the utility, and have the creativity.

Ah, I see, thought you wanted to make your animal companion a familiar, but I gotta say:
>Not making a Parrot familiar instead.

Nice evidence based argument.

Refluffed Raven as parrot is a good idea

I dont understand what blade even gives you, cha to damage at level 12?

I know Mood Druids are good at low levels and alright at late levels but are they fun?

I'm really not sure if I should go Land for more spells or Moon for Giant Spider form.

>Full nova

You need maxed Charisma to do more average damage than Improved Divine Smite.

Almost literally nothing: weapon bond so you can shunt and summon your weapon as an action.

Really just a ranged attack. If you're going in that direction I would just only take a second level of warlock at 12th level (or does that invocation requirement mean it needs 12 warlock levels?) and mostly go paladin

Go Moon but take 5 Barbarian levels so your beast forms wreck face.

err third level I mean

Invocation level prereqs are Warlock levels.

I'd really rather not cause I plan to be a Druid, even Moon Druid is still primarily a caster most the day.

Also extra attack isn't worth it over being in 1CR higher forms, you only take 2 levels of Barbarian for that build.

Reminder that Pugilist can max out all fireball spells they cast through Haymaker.

3 for Bear Totem
5 for Extra Attack on Crag Cat and later Allosaurus and Giant Elk - totally worth it.

>latest character is a Tiefling GOOlock
>he's the party face and is fairly genial
>usually stops the other party members from getting too edgy
>even replies to copypasta