Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Beastslayer Edition

Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/xXYsyMmi

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com/

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Which of the threats imperiling the civilizations of the Warhammer world do you think is the true greatest?

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Vampire_Coast
store.warlordgames.com/collections/new-releases/products/landsknechts-pikemen
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPLBI2Lm-o
rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14664.phtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting.

And here's the one for magical and divine marks. I'm trying to come up with marks for Hedgecraft magicians. I have an idea for one more positive mark that grants Very Resilient and Hardy but I don't know what to call it.

I actually don't think this is the right place but will try anyway; is there a specific system that folks think would be good for a mildly more heroic style of play in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, akin to the adventures of Gotrek and Felix or...well, I guess anything in the fluff that isn't the RPG itself?

I love WFRP to death, but sometimes it's a bit too much of the late 80's/early 90's "murdering the players is the GM's objective" for me.

It's pretty ironic the only time Beastmen Crunch has been done justice has been in TWW, which in the same game, has the Chaos Warriors completely underpowered

Anyone?

3e.

I heard that the system was clunky and difficult to use tho?

>Anyone?
It's a dead thread

So what's wrong with WFRP 3e?

You can perfectly do this with WFRP

Just have your players gain more xp on average during their adventure and speed up tue growth.

Letting them choose their starting career is also a huge boon

>true greatest threat to the warhammer world
Skaven. They're literally everywhere and their technology although unreliable is equal or even greater than the dwarves'
Altrnatively, greenskins, for the same reason, but they're gimped by the fact that the vast majority of their race is on the world edge mountains fighting dwarves and have no time for anything else

Or up give them xp to start with and let them make use of that xp while creating their character back story?

>"murdering the players is the GM's objective"

Sounds like you need a different GM. Last WFRP campaign I played in only one character died and it was against a fairly powerful enemy which he distracted while the rest of the party won the day.

>I ain't no Demon prince's son starts playin'

The more time passes, the more i come to realise i don't really like the new dwarves aesthetics

the models are fine, but i sorta miss the old angli-saxon spirit, the one where chainmail wa sconsidered heavy armor and you could have helmets with boars on top

>group wants WHFRP 2nd ed new world exploration theme campaign
>gotta chose between huehue frogs down south and leaf-land rape-elves up north
>don't like either of those dead-end scenarios
>read up about some primitive human tribes in the middle

Do you think pic related would work in that setup?

>buffer zone between frogs and relves made of loosely spread human clans
>frogs can monitor them if relves are coming, thus leaving them be
>relves can send hunting parties for sport and amusement every now and then
>clans have magical rituals to ward of chaos and other stuff

Yeah the Hobbit is shit but it's getting folded into the middle-earth strategy battle game soon. I'll probably just play it with my warhammer figures.

remember there are Norscan, Tilean, Estalian and even a Vampire colony in the New World

I know of Norsemen making trips to Lustria, but didn't find anything about all the rest.

Any idea where I can find approximate locations of these colonies?

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Vampire_Coast

Some of these seem pretty strong and some of these make no sense. I like the improvised weapon stats though I think.

What does the unwieldy quality do?

proprietary dice

I guess that could work.

I also found pic related.

>Marco Colombo, a Tilean merchant, discovers Lustria 1492 IC
>2nd ed timeline begins at 2522 IC

So much of that idea of exploration of new world.

R8 my beat quality weapons i came up with

Contrary to tyhis guy here i keep all normal hand weapons and great weapons the same, the difference is just flavour. Real changes happen when you get a best quality weapon (specific weapons like rapiers and such are not considered)

- Axe (hand weapon) - SB+1 Impact, Tiring
- Sword (Hand weapon) - SB Defensive, Fast
- Warhammer/mace (hand weapon) - SB Pummeling, Crushing (When scoring a hit on the Head location, ignore any AP given by plate armor)
-Warpick (hand weapon) SB, Armor Piercing
- Greataxe (2h weapon) SB+1 Impact, Slow
- Greatsword (2h weapon) SB, Impact (loses the slow quality)
- Great hammer/ 2h mace (2h weapon) SB Impact, Slow, Crushing
- Great Pick (2h weapon) SB+1, Impact, Slow, Armor Piercing

EDIT

Great Pick is SB, not SB+1

The plastic landsknechts have finally been released.

store.warlordgames.com/collections/new-releases/products/landsknechts-pikemen

Here we go Empire!

> 30 for fucking £18.

Warlord is now our spiritual liege.

they look good. never played Empire but might actually start

also, 30 models for roughly 25€, it's like old time's GW

warhammer/mace hand weapon seems pretty crap compared to the pick and the axe is better than that too. SB+1 is better in almost every situation.

Is strike to stun just a meme or is it actually useful in actual situations?

My only gripe is that the 3 ups had some halberd heads on the sprue and they would have been handy. Spears are arguably the weakest of the three in 8E.

Was considering to extend the Crushing thing to be like (half the AP given by plate armor) or completely ignore armor on the head (and only the head), but that would've been broken i wager

>only 5 muskets
Well that's disappointing.

They still sell the metal ones.

this

Gromril was usually always portrayed as plate though, I can remember in Heroquest (1992?) you could find Borin's armour, which was a Gromril suit.

> Dem fucking 5 defence dice.

You were basically invincible as the Barbarian, although I usually gave it to my mate if he was playing as the Dwarf.

Why only plate armor? Crushing weapons are effective against mail armour (and leather) IRL too aren't they? And the head is already a ~1/5 chance to score hits against, and plate armor is fairly uncommon to come up against. Granted helmets are more common, but it's still a very specific scenario where that is actually useful.

Greatsword also seems way too strong compared to the others, losing the slow quality. I feel they'd be very hard to swing quickly. How do halberds work with this homebrew, what stats do they take in great weapon mode?

Well it is pretty unexplored by humans, since the explorers usualy end up being a meal for the rezidents of Lustria. Still you can try to set up campaign to steal gold from a temple city

What would people say is the best Empire scheme? I can't decide between Altdorf and Averland, purely based on looks. I've been inspired by these new plastic landsknechts.

>Is strike to stun just a meme or is it actually useful in actual situations?

Against low or no armor enemies it's actually nasty when it works, but ineffective against anyone wearing mail or better.

But Gromril is basically super-heavy armor, since only nobles and ironbreakers had access to it

average run-of-the-mill dwarves had chainmail and that was heavy armor. Even Hammerers, who were the king's royal guard, only wore a breastplate

you can still do called attacks on specific body parts, and bypassing armor completely with an impact weapon is enough to kill basically anything in a few swings

Well greatswords still have all the drawbacks of two handed weapons, and don't have special rules nor bonus to their damage

a best quality halberd in great weapon mode would follow the Greataxe specific, but only does SB and not SB+1

That is due to a shitty campaign and balanced points costs for units in multiplayer.
Beastmen were take two on having horde armies and the computer still shits the bed with them in every campaign. They are very fun to play though. Love me some minotaurs.

Not an argument.

Yeah "when it works". If you pass a to-hit and strength test and your opponent fails a toughness test. Or you could try and do some damage, potentially killing them outright with a good roll. What situations has it been useful for you? Frankly I'm talking out if my ass because I've never actually tried it in game because it seems so bad on paper

Oh yeah, forgot these were best quality only :V. What about ignore 1d10/2 AP to the head? If I recall aimed shots take a pretty significant hit to WS or something right?

This. Chainmail is heavy armour.

They are done with a -10% WS, but if you take an aim action with the +5% given by the best quality you cancel it out and remain with a +5% to hit

If you hit, you can probably one shot a chaos warrior, or at least halve his Wounds in a single hit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPLBI2Lm-o
>starts playing.

Too bad the only low or no armor eneies you can meet are human/humanlike monsters and goblins. Orcs have already a too high TB to be considered foolproof, and other creatures that don't usually wear armor on their head are either too tall to be hit (Giants), or have a very high TB to deal with (Ogres, Minotaurs)

It works during your first adventures to get rid of goblins and beastmen and gain an hedge against outnumbering forces

It becomes much better if you consider the "break armor" rule. It works fin in combination with some heavy hitter that can cleave the helmet for you first

You can't buy them anymore?

They can be substituted by regular dice. Have you even played it?

Did someone say Slayer?

Shame that they look really bad.

No I haven't, it looks pretty shit to be honest if you don't have the cards etc. Too much hassle.

>What situations has it been useful for you?
Trash mobs as part of a swift attack, usually (my DM and I rule that 'special' moves which effectively take the place of a standard attack can also take the place of any attack in a swift). So things like skaven clanrats, goblins, giant rats, low tier thugs - basically i want to elminate them as a factor for a few rounds so the other garbage isnt getting as much of a to-hit bonus. Personally I halved the bonus armor gives to resist StS in my games.

I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who played it.

What's bad about them? Apart from the Machamp helmet.

rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14664.phtml

I see, so it is a good game. Thanks, that's all I needed to know.

Is the any website/source to find good Empire art?
I'm talking about anything really, I'm running dry.

You can't know if it's good or not until you play it yourself

The faces are mostly ugly, the sleeves look like they just misaligned some out-scales arms rather than giving the mini actual puffed sleeves and the helmets are atrocious.
With that being said, if they are in the same scale as GW's shit I'd imagine that you could make some really nice conversions with them.

It is an option, but a very cliche one.

I think, I will go with my original plans, despite of including all of these pirate/vampire/tilean/estalian colonies.

>first imperial colony to be created on Naggaroth, because rare resources/prophercy/expansion(?)
>enough firepower to make a decent stand against rape-elves dickery
>inquisitors on board since chaos may lurk around the corner
>clerics on board to keep above ones (somewhat) in check
>start exploring and searching for rare minerals
>PC's to make first contact with locals
>???
>campaign

hey lads so I'm starting to put together a zombie pirates of the vampire coast mod in prep for wh2 (as we saw from the flyover zombie pirates are just vampires default)

anyway I'd really like if anyone could post or link me to any and all art of the zombie pirates, I'll need them for unit cards and inspiration.

pic related I guess

*out of scale, not out-scales

Tell me about female beastmen.

There's nothing wrong with the faces, just the usual grimaces that wargaming figures come with. The arms look fine to me except for that red puffy one, that looks stupid and like a giant sausage with a hand attached but there will be enough parts that you never have to use it. The helmets look fine to me, just steel pots as they always are. The exception is the one with the 3 fins on, I wouldn't use that one but you get 8 heads for every 5 bodies so would never have to use it.

At the end of the day 90 fugues for £50 is such a good deal even if you only make 60 it's still less than £1 a figure.

Allthough now that I've given them a second a third look I got to admit that the minis that doesn't suffer from what I mentioned look really good.

They are shy and gentler than the male counterparts, and only dwell in the darkest corners of the forests, away from danger

They are usually raped and kept as breedig stock by males, because Beastmen don't know anything but hate, even for themselves

They are evil and savage a their male counterparts, but weaker and not suited for combat. When a child beastmen is born weak, sick or too human-like, they eat him

I never said that it was anything wrong with the faces. What I said was that they look bad. Without the grimaces the heads would actually look really good which is evident by the bearded face with a feathered hat on the right.

I gotchu senpai.

You said the faces were ugly?

Anyone know if they are compatible with bits from GW or if kitbashings of the two would look awkward?

Yes. Ugly and wrong are two different things.

To be honest user, can i get me some ghouls that wear hoods or some shit?
In my head they'd be like splicers from bioshock but obviously mutant sailors.

Hard to tell, Warlord usually stick to the GW style of 28mm heroic but in my experience GW bits never look right on historics.

They'll look fine side by side in an army and you could maybe swap heads but I bet the arms don't look right.

Alright. It seems that a lot of the beastlords are bestigors, but so much stronger beastmen exists. Like I would assume that minotaur beastlords appear more often, because it seems that the beastlords earns his place by brute strength. Of course being big is not all, but still.

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

Minotaurs are not part of Beastman hierarchy.

Bestigors are the strongest and most cunning of all beastmen, so they naturally rise to the role of beastlords, usually if a beastlord is not killed in battle he get murdered in ritual combat by another bestigor at the first sign of weakness

Minotaurs are loners and don't mix well with eachother, they 'ally' themselves with beastmen but are no part of their tribe, and there are no minotaur tribes. The role of a minotaur is to guard the herdstones and the totems erected to honor the chaos gods, and usually leave the dephts of their lairs only when thy're promised a lot of carnage or are attracted by the sound of great battles

>can i get me some ghouls that wear hoods or some shit

Or even better, make them, if possible, have the apperance of haggards sailors who've turned into ghouls as a result of cannibalising their shipmates on a particular nasty trip to the New World.

Fair enough.

>and there are no minotaur tribes
Not according to the army book.

On Sunday, my brother and I started a short warhammer fantasy campaign. We are running The Tears of Isha, slightly modified for 8th edition. I took photos and wrote a report of our first battle for you WHFG.

The first battle in the campaign is titled The Bloodied Shores. A smaller force of dark elf raiders is attempting to destroy a high elf beacon before the defenders can drive them off. We played with 1000 pts of dark elves vs 1250 pts of high elves. The game was to be played over 5 turns, each turn representing an hour from dawn til midday.

Our lists, limited by scenario rules, consisted of:

Dark elves

12 repeater xbows
12 repeater xbows
19 Corsairs, 2 hand weapons, full command
Mortharar- dark elf hero with sea dragon cloak, light armor, additional hand weapon, magic weapon (+1str, -5 armor save, d3 wds)
Cold one chariot
Reaper bolt thrower
War Hydra

High elf list

Kelendar- high elf hero with heavy armor, bearded steed, shield, magic weapon (+2 attacks, +1 strength)
Level 1 wizard with high magic staff of dispelling
15 lothern sea guard with full command
15 lothern sea guard with full command
21 spearmen with full command
12 swordmasters
5 silver helms (proxied by ellyrian reavers)

give an example then

cheers lad, I deserved that.

It would be a good idea user but because of animations being tied to specific skeleton types, anything I'd try and 'put' on a ghoul would just look like warped textures, the only way to go around that would be to make a zombie unit with ghoul weapons, not ideal.

I'm just going to post the zombie pirates of the lustrian coast official rules up to start off(its also all I have for reference, so please post all zombie coast pirates art or lore not in that that you can find.

thats real neat user, post it.

To clear the way for the invasion forces, the reaver captain Mortharar was dispatched with a small force to destroy the high elf shore beacon before it could be used to call for aid from the surrounding seas and region. He knew that his dawn attack would only have the element of surprise for a short time, so he intended to press a dedicated attack as soon as possible, hoping to overwhelm the defenders and demolish the beacon at his leisure.

Deployment
With the beacon left as unguarded bait in the center, Kelendar split his force for deployment. On his right flank he had a seaguard unit containing the mage, the spears unit, and the silver helms containing Kelendar. On his left flank he had the swordmasters and the other sea guard anchoring the far end of his line.

The dark elves kept a more even line of battle. On the line of deployment, from left to right, Mortharar placed his hydra, a unit of xbows, the corsairs led personally by himself, the other unit of xbows and the bolt thrower (both on a hill) and the chariot anchoring the other flank.

At this point, I forgot that the reavers were actually running as silver helms, and insisted my brother got a vanguard move. He took the move and advanced straight forward, stopping 12 inches in front of my hydra and xbows.

Turn 1-
Still foolishly believing I faced ellyrian reavers, I declared that my hydra AND xbows would charge the cavalry, anticipating they would flee and not take the units too far out of position as I had been planning to march them anyways. They held, instead of standing and shooting, and that's when I realized I was facing heavy cavalry, not a light unit at all. They did at least succeed on the charge. Blaming the fog of war for the mistake, I carried on with the turn. The corsairs marched up to take the center of the field, while the chariot advanced on the flank staying partially concealed by the forests. Trusting his corsairs to remember their assigned targets, Mortharar grinned viciously at the sound of dozens of bolts flicking through the air like angry insects. While the repeater crossbows short range caused their shots to fall short of the swordmasters, the heavier missiles of the bolt thrower showered death into their ranks, felling 4 of the skilled warriors. Having lost a quarter of their number, the discipline of the swordmasters wavered and they panicked off the board!
Sadly the victory was to be short lived. In combat, Kelendar proved to be mightier than I had anticipated, lopping a head off the hydra with his magic blade, soon followed by another removed by the silver helms, who also slew 2 of their dark kin. The crossbows fired point blank into the melee or slashed at their hated opponents with long knives. Despite their prowess in killing and bloodlust, none of the knights fell to their onslaught, their shining armor holding fast. The mighty hydra proved to be gum-toothed, failing to wound kelendar even once, and only felling 2 of the silver helms. Having seen their mighty beast cowed by the bravery of kelendar a knights, the crossbows and hydra fled from the melee, only to be ridden down! Kelendar and his warriors found themselves a moment of respite behind enemy lines at the rear of the table.

The high elves, emboldened by the collapse of the dark elf flank began to move into a more aggressive position. Kelendars knights completed a swift reform to face the hill containing the rest of Mortharars ranged complement and advanced towards them. His other units all advanced towards the approaching corsairs.
Gathering a huge flow of the winds of magic, the mage prepared to cast a shimmering shield upon his unit, only to have it dispelled by the dark elf forces.
The sea guard units prepared to volley arrows into the dark elves encroaching on their land, but after the arrows had fallen, no wounds had been dealt to either the corsairs or the chariot.

Turn 2
Have lost the initiative and his favorite pet, mortharar and his forces became much more wary of their ancient foe and declared no charges this turn. Instead, the repeater crossbows wheeled to face the center of the battlefield while the corsairs and chariot continued their beeline towards the beacon.
The deadly reaper bolt thrower pivoted to target the gleaming armor of the silver helms, and, with another devastating volley, slew every one of the noble knights, leaving Kelendar alone behind enemy lines.

Seeing their leader alone, the high elves throw caution to the wind to try to protect him and their beacon. The right side sea guard unit and mage charge the corsairs, while the spearmen move up to support them and Kelendar himself runs immediately behind the vicious pirates to block off any escape route. Once again weaving a mighty spell, the young mage accidentally pours too much power into his shield and the spell is cast with a mighty irresistible force! The overflowing energies detonate, wounding the mage and killing 5 sea guard and two corsairs as well!
With the right hand sea guard occupied, the other unit continued to pepper the chariot with arrows, still having no effect.
In combat, the sea guard still found themselves reeling from the miscast of their novice mage and fail to kill even one of their opponents in the ensuing melee. However, the reavers were professional killers and killed 3 of the enemy number, with 2 more slain by Mortharar himself. Despite the presence of Kelendar to inspire them, the marines fled the hooks and cutlasses promising a cruel death. Unfortunately they were still on their sea legs and the corsairs mercilessly ran them down, the pursuit taking them up the hill to the base of the beacon.

Turn 3
Having pushed through the main defending force, but still vulnerable, Mortharar reformed his unit to receive any other attacks from the spears or high elf leader behind him. The chariot continued its advance, the slavering cold ones robbed of their sea guard meal.
Kelendar, now quite isolated, appeared to be the perfect target for the missile troops on the hill. Both the crossbows and the bolt thrower targeted him and let loose. But when the downpour of missiles subsided, he still stood, bleeding, but very much alive.

The high elves, in one last desperate act, attempted to engage the corsairs one more time, charging with Kelendar and the spearmen. The corsairs of course accepted the charge with glee.
Finally finding the range, the isolated sea guard unit put two wounds onto the chariot, putting it into territory where it could be threatened by the remaining elves.
In combat, the murderous implements of the corsairs proved to be even deadlier than before. Mortharar issued a challenge, answered by the unit champion who was struck down with 3 wounds of overkill as the dark elf madly hacks into the doomed elfs body. The spear elves martial discipline proves meaningless as they fail to penetrate the thick hides worn by the corsairs. Kelendar himself manages to kill two of his evil cousins, but the corsairs manage to slay 8 of the doomed warriors, their shields proving worthless against the curved and jagged blades. Even the noble Kelendar realizes they are doomed and both units turn and flee, leaving the beacon alone and unguarded.

Turn 4
Having driven off the bulk of the high elf force, Mortharar and his warriors turn back to the beacon, planning on putting it down for good. The chariot unfortunately finds itself at the mercy of the half-wit lizards dragging it as they have a fit of stupidity.
Craving the glory of such a noble target, the xbow unit targets the fleeing Kelendar and perforate him quite thoroughly, leaving his bleeding body pinned to the ground.

I stand corrected then

Turn 5
As the sun peaked to midday, the field belonged to the druchii raiders. While the fleeing spearmen had rallied, they were shortly crushed and eaten by the cold one chariot finally crashing into their ranks. With only a small contingent of sea guard, too far away to defend the beacon as the corsairs began tearing it down, the remaining high elves conceded defeat and fled the field.

That was a fantastic report to read user, I hope the guy who hasn't painted his high elf decides to do it though.

Ha, he already started painting on Tuesday. He was actually pretty embarrassed he didn't have them painted in time, they were a second hand collection and needed a lot more love than anticipated to get them together.

oh excellent then user, you should post the follow up of the campaign here for certain

wud u pat a skaven?

and get warp-plague? no thanks

I like both.

As far as I'm concerned, new Dwarfs are the ones from Holds like Zhufbar and Karaz-a-Karak.

Old Dwarfs are frontier Holds like the Greys.

Dwarfs have a colony lead by a madman.

He hires lots of Norse for labor.

Ostland.

Army is half Ogres as a bonus.