Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Late night comfy thread. As you are gathered around the fire what does your character do to entertain the rest of the party? Encouraging stories of past glories? Ghost stories? A fine meal? What?

Tell me about them mechanical monsters!

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread

>what does your character do to entertain the rest of the party?

Gets drunk and flirts with the martials

>No John, you are the mechanical monsters
Ended up with the Promethean Corruption slowly turning my guy into a steampunk cybernetic abomination. Actually kind of fun to RP the loss of humanity.

I want to hug Fennec user!

He tells sailor stories

How low must be your Str be to consider Crossbows over Bows?

idk dude 10?

How do i build a character with a mantis shrimp motif (prismatic powers and supersonic punches)

Are the novels worth reading?

Vital strike and crit abuse?
Eflux steelfist?

C1: tells old myths of his people.

C2: Gets drunk and asks personal questions. Teases the fighter with the skald.

C3: drunken magic tricks.

I was thinking more like a strength-based build that can use the shockwaves of punches as ranged attacks

I say that longbows should require an exotic feat.

Question how the fuck did the DDS folks think this was balanced:
Gyroscopic Totem (totem)

You must spend a spell point to create a gyroscopic totem. Gravitational fluctuation keep enemies within this totem unbalanced while they remain within. An unbalanced creature moves with less grace and agility than normal. They can still move, but entering squares draws attacks of opportunity as if they had left the square, and the creature can not take 5-ft. steps.

In addition, at the end of any movement with a total distance greater than 5 ft., the creature must make a Reflex save or fall prone. If the creature has more than 2 legs, it gains a +1 bonus to this saving throw for each additional leg, and creatures that are flying, crawling, swimming, or burrowing are unaffected, as are creatures that are not affected by gravity, such as incorporeal creatures. Teleporting creatures do not draw attacks of opportunity because of this totem.

Sounds 3pp. Mithral Current.

Body pact avowed with pulse refluff?

That sounds fun as fuck to use with an AoO reach gish build

Have you followed John Wick's advice to PM THEM yet?

I gave up on having a THEM a long time ago.

I PM all of them at least semi-regularly.

Personally, I'd say bows only really start to outshine crossbows at +2 Str and higher.

Everyone in the party equipped with halberds, yes or no?

Who will be the first to Ba(i)nepost in Iron Gods?

Words to live by, Baba Yaga.

I am a big fan of everyone having a reach weapon, a ranged weapon, and a dagger or 4. A spare mace/sword would not hurt either.

A big guy
duh

Would a Cossack know about military tactics beyond raiding, guerrilla, unorthodox and irregular stuff? Would working alongside mercenaries allow him to learn standard tactics besides his thin?

Potentially contentious opinion: Remove Disease should be a Necromancy spell, not conjuration, even if the people in the world of Golarion wouldn't understand why since they have no concept of germs.

What's your character nickname? Do NPC give nicknames to your characters and your party?

Well you see, a nickname is usually shorter

I suppose it depends on how you're going about it. If the spell is killing the disease, then Necromancy yeah. If it's bolstering the immune system to fend it off, conjuration would be the ticket.

Unless of course you're of the opinion that healing should be under necromancy like it was back in ye olde days.

Usually one of the following

"Johnny Moneybags"

It's an Instantaneous spell, so even if the logic was that it was boosting the Immune system I doubt that it would make it so that your system's white blood cells attacked every pathogen in you at once, it's killing the disease in an instant with the magic.

Also true. And if I recall, Remove Disease doesn't interact with the subject's fortitude at all, just a check vs the disease's DC.

So it's just magic vs disease, so necromancy, yeah.

>no Vick Lagina
Come on, man.

Should all characters start at lvl 1?

There is a character limit! Gosh

I PM them whenever I can a) think of something to say, b) not feel like I'm bothering them, and c) not feel like I'm embarrassing myself.

So not as often as I'd like.
But I still do. They're wonderful.

Absolutely not.

Members of the same party should start at roughly the same level.

What about new additions?

The exact same level as everyone else.

Half-Giant's been called Big Red by one party member, since he's like, 8 feet tall and has red hair and armor. He's called Runt by the shortest member of the party.

Punchgirl was called Slabwoman by a cranky mage because she's very muscular. Was also called Little Red because she has red hair and she's much smaller than Big Red is. She joined after he retired.

We don't get many nicknames from NPCs, though we have a few amongst ourselves.

At the current level of the existing party.

Fuck me, my app's sandwiched between Kawase and Wubu. May as well withdraw now.

Who the fuck is Wubu?

Why would you care

Any excuse to namedrop.

What would be the most common trade goods? Which ones would make you more money?

>my app is sandwiched between literally who 1 and literally who 2

PF is not really set up to do that. It would take a bit of DM fiat and possibly some homebrewing to make it work.

Your best bet would be something like bringing silks to the cold north and bringing furs/gems/precious metals from mountains to the coast. Or food to hungry people.

You might even scrape the whole thing and just make magic items to sell.

Kawase's app is another one of his trademark character steals with little regard for what other party members might be.
Don't worry about it man

wait what a character steal?

Mine would get drunk and tell silly stories like how he lost his virginity with his half-orc girlfriend

He outright yoinked a character from Overlord
Even left her real name in her backstory, for god's sake

>Velvet
>Spice.
>Tools.
>Oil.
>Wool Cloth.
>Salt.
>Iron.
>Wine.
>Linen.
>Dyes.
>Leather.

Probably in that order of more expensive to less.

Wow really

Thats fucking pathetic.

>>Chink and fuckslut thread never shuts up about
>>literally who 1 and literally who 2

I see you're new.

What's her real name?

What about Cashmere (pic related)?

No really these people don't matter

CZ.
Android battlemaid from Overlord

Oh, upon looking up, he slightly altered it.
The original is CZ2128 Delta, his DONUT STEEL is CZ2127 type-Beta

No wonder it's detailed so heavily, it's just a rip off

But aren't they lewd? That's what matters for celeb status.

>its basically a recolor

amazing

Didn't he get into Journey to the Wist (sorry, West) with a ripoff of Raymoo?

No, they're literal nobodies, Kawase is known for being a piece of shit and Wubu just runs blingmaker

That's fucking right.
How many times has that chink fucker pulled this off?

Yeah but Argentum is a touhou fag

Then you have. Hemp, Beer, Pottery, Dried Meat, Flour, Fish, Bread.

LINGMENG WAS A 100% ORIGINAL DONUT STEEL

who was C3 a ripoff of.

He can't help it, he's Chinese.

He was constantly rambling about some grey hamsters, dunno otherwise.

Post the link to the lfg?

Will pic related be his starfinder character?

Source?

I have an important question for you, /pfg/.
Out of games still accepting applications, which elf is the most bulliable?

What kind of classes are suitable for elves? We have a Dwarf Paladin, a Nagajji fighter, a Human Fighter, Human Cleric, Dwarf Berserk, Halfling Wizard.

What class would be appropriate for a character that dreams of being the first dwarven astronaut?

Magus, whatever int-casters, random roguish shit like Slayer.

Best I can tell, nobody. Mehetabel, Brynhildr, and Ecaterina weren't copies of anything either, though Mehetabel and Brynhildr used art that people might recognize.

I actually started well enough but then it started veering into OL territory. It probably didn't help that I was reading Overlord IX at the time.

Be honest, that would be funny.

I made it pretty explicit she wasn't original, like at all. I'm making it pretty explicit CZ isn't original either.

UC Gunslinger maybe, snice they're more like an Engineer class than gunslinger, and would be relatively effective in general. There's a Stargazer trait in Iron Gods too.

Does Darkstar count?

Ranger, Druid, Arcane caster, Hunter all mesh well

I don't believe you.

That's like saying Sleep just runs Overlewd or Protag just runs Ensoulment.

>weird abomination with magic tails
Eh, she partially counts.

but sleep is also in like, other games that matter.

Protag doesn't just run ensoulment, he also gives app feedback

He gave really threadbare reviews for Ensoulment proper though

Wist is the final boss
It will be Journey to the Wist

Probably the usual GM thing of not wanting to act biased. I mean, of course they've already chosen their apps weeks in advance, but they don't want to look like a shitter, so they try to tiptoe around what they really think of an app.

Nah, protag isn't disk, protag gives them on request in the discord n shit

>snice they're more like an Engineer class than gunslinger,
Really, I feel like this sort of thing would have served the gunslinger a lot better than shitty grit and deeds back when Ultimate Combat came out. a character that can mod up equipment in nonmagical ways would have been a great support thing while still being personally capable.

I think that's why i'm so excited for the Mechanic and soldier in Starfinder. they both seem to be what gunslinger should have been from the beginning.

Also the only thing I really "stole" was the art and the build, and even then it's like a mix of Narb and CZ. I mean, emotionless bot isn't really original or unique at all, and Eclair is like an easter egg.

I'd say Protag is an okay sort, he wouldn't do that. And by threadbare I mean that he generally tried to, from what I'm seeing in thread and personally, help you express your application better and tell you what bits worked and didn't work with your application in terms of like, tone or something. It wasn't like his other reviews which were hyper detailed and analyzed the character's faults and strengths, which he did for me when I asked after app period closed but not before, so I assume that's what was going on with everyone else too, which is fair - you can't have the DM telling you how to improve your app in a competition, especially considering it's a tone-heavy game so if you miss it then the DM fixing it won't help, you the player wouldn't catch it anyway.

I dunno about Soldier being Gunslinger+, but Mechanic looks really good. I'm pretty sure Gunslinger was going for some weird cowboy thing but that should've been an archetype, since it is literally a [character] archetype. UC Gunslinger is basically Engineer though, one of the things you can grab is a ducking car.

Who's your favorit character for Iron Gods so far, /pfg/?
>Kromas Ironbrand - Robot hating preacher man.
>Conall Cernach - A caring and loving da... erm, big brother.
>Diarmuid Mac Gearailt - Fey powered luddite hippy.
>Leondra Troescu - Wizard with the magic tats.
>Miniel Elerdiir - Psion who doesn't believe in science.
>Semzaya Baine - A big summoner for you
>Portentia Procchus - Sultry sorceress
>Erecura (CZ2127 TYPE-δ) - Suspiciously familiar robo-maid
>Kazulki - Space man from the planet 9.
>Luthaya - Genie slut with her powers stolen.

thank god, the urge to self-shill was getting hard to resist.

>>Erecura (CZ2127 TYPE-δ) - Suspiciously familiar robo-maid
ORIGINAL CONTENT DONUT STEEL

I want to dominate, tease, and lovingly fuck Luthaya