Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1598: DOOMFISTED edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AacoxHFYvZw?t=131
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good morning imperial citizens. What Heresy have you noticed or been up to recently?

No. But I did save Feuerschwinge

I made a thing. You may not like it.

youtu.be/AacoxHFYvZw?t=131

Also!

ALIENS

I dig. Reading.

But user, I'm on vacation. I'm too busy relaxing to make a jump.

Jesus fuck. I'll read it when you get better formatting/font.

>implying making jumps isn't relaxing

It's putting it up for the thread that's stressful. Just ask Dirge.

Put on some classical or folk music, chill, and find productive enjoyment. Grace us with your content when you get back

>mfw I finally figured out how to make kanmusu in future jumps

>get that one casting perk in Young Justice that lets you copy any spell you see and could possibly cast
>go to Kancolle as admiral
>watch a kanmusu summoning
>blow up your ships
>???
>waifus

I confessed and purified a small community. It should only take a week for the flames to die down.

Pay no attention to the color of the warpf...err flames.

Now if you'll excuse me, Ahrim..err... The Inquisitor needs me to report back.

God don't remind me. I'm pretty sure I got the worst ending in Dragonfall.

I set the A.I. free, my fault I let it play me.
I didn't complete Glory's companion mission, my fault I didn't want to press her and that's the wrong thing apparently.
I killed Feuerschwinge, not my fault since we get NO fucking hints, at least none that I found, that she's anything other than what she's initially presented as.
Oh, and the F-State was lost, despite the A.I. trying to keep it.

So yeah, worst ending.

[spoilers]I didn't bring my laptop. Why the fuck didn't I bring my laptop?[/spoiler]

Last jump was Inuyasha, so slaughtering demon armies alongside a priestess bound half-demon. Is that heresy?

In the strictest sense, yes

But she sounds redeemed so I won't inform on you.

>potential anti-Dirge shitposting
Personally, I think shitposting anyone who is anti-Dirge sounds like a GREAT idea.

>Is that heresy?
Everything is Heresy.

Nah, it's cool. I picked up a fire immunity early this chain. Do your duty, Imperial Citizen, and know the God-Emperor smiles on your faith.

>It's putting it up for the thread that's stressful. Just ask Dirge.
If you ask people to make jump like his I think they'd find it stressful.

Skeleton Punch seems a bit much for 400cp, might just be me, might just need more clarification.
>Locked Out
Make it so the keys have to be collectable, and half the size. Otherwise it's unbalanced with the two other capstones.
>Personal Shield
10% is a bit much to no sell damage. 5%?
>Gravity Sense
Something's off here, but im unsure what. Perhaps move this to 400 and Personal Shield to 200? I have no idea on this one.

Perhaps make the Metal Storm "origin" cost cp? Might balance things out better. Seems like the "powerlevel" of MS is significantly

Moar items

I like it, keep at it

Putting it up for the fucking people here would definitely be stressful.

Why do you think that asshole never released Evolve.

>There are many games and stories we look back fondly on, but some do not have enough content to create a full jump. So this jump will have you traveling between four different NES games of a vaguely similar setting and theme. Mainly dealing with action-hero types punching the hell out of aliens.

Does this even count as meta?

Ah, upsetting. I do jumps in a (paper) notebook and have google drive on my phone. Perhaps im giving you ideas, perhaps you should stop stressing and enjoy yourself.
I was referring to Dirge's personal jc drive, but whatever.

Who was even making Evolve?

That's kind of the point. 37 jumps is a ridiculous amount to some people and the thought would be enough to make it stressful.

How about you provide some reasons for your suggestions, bub?

Are the video games canon to the jump?

Hell if I know.

Those of you who write out your jumps - do you do cameos, and if so, how?

Cute little shellsquid

What do you mean by cameos

Like having a character from popular fan-content show up.

So if during your time in Pokemon, you write that your jumper met some kid who kept whispering gibberish to himself and walking in completely random directions, who then somehow beat you in a battle. Like that.

It is very cute, yes. Probably not used to all the light, considering where they normally live.

Alright, i'll spell it out again.
One perk needs clarification, or it might just be me so feel free to ignore.
Locked out is too OP compared to the other capstones.
Personal Shield: no selling any damage under 11% is incredible for 400cp?
Gravity Sense is also really good, and would fit well as a 400cp perk, while personal shield at 5% would make more sense under the 200cp spot.
Seeing as the Metal Storm perks are more powerful than the other 3, add an origin cost of like 100cp.

Also more items because it seems a little bare.

Aaaah.

Debated on it. Haven't written too much yet, so I might. Might not. Who knows.

Gravity Flip is "okay". It's less versatile than any flight perk and allows you to sense a weak force exuded by everything without allowing you any control over it. Except how it relates to you. It's at best situationally useful, and certainly not worth more than nullifying any damage done to you under 6%.

>>Personal Shield
>10% is a bit much to no sell damage. 5%?

Depends. While in vidya with its health bars and DoTs that can be a big deal, and in TV/movies where the protag/bbeg can take ridiculous punishment and keep going (which this perk would actually help explain), in reality most battles involving lethal intent are "one or two hits later someone is down, dying or dead" and this perk won't do much at all.

Personal Shield seems more powerful than the capstone for the same tree. Maybe keep it where it is, and remove one effect from the capstone (which is mainly just a stamina-booster with agelessness and boredom immunity throw in). At that level, it'd be a similar defensive counterpart to punching through everything, and make Locked Out seem less OP.

No particular opinion on Personal Shield, but that's not a terribly good argument to use considering we have many (to say the least) settings where lethal fighting doesn't in fact work the way it does in real life.

We also have many in which it does, though.

> Percussive maintenance
> When something is damaged, you may draw out the flaws and embody them as a monster. The greater the damage, combined with the power, complexity, and age of the item determines how powerful the monster is.
I like the idea of being able to cause some (comparitively) minor damage to a city here, then creating monsters that embody that damage, and then creating a loop where you let the monsters cause damage in order to create more monsters. Potentially effective siege tactics.
I am not sure if that is intended, but it's where my thought process went immediately.

Fair enough.

How far will pic related go to stop you from changing the timeline during WCIII?

If you're a canon character, was the timeline every any different?

Also the best way to handle a Chromie trying to get up in your business is to give her the business instead.

What sort of power level do you get in PS238? I'm not really familiar with the setting, but I kept seeing references to it here and at SB.

So, what does count as non-magic for the Dahak scenario? Would super-powers like the ones from X-Men, Superman TAS and Hero Academia which are biological in natural in nature count as non-magic enough to be kept?

Yes. It's just magic, not supernatural or even superhuman.

For the various Fate jumps, is some sort of atavism-based magecraft a viable family focus? Some sort of "trying to reach the Root by bringing our bodies back to the level of Age of Gods humans and beyond"?

the fact it's also dinosaur magic is completely coincidental

Option B is thermodynamics, with Maxwell's Demon as the pimped-out Mystic Code because I am a shameless thief from MIAL and the idea was too cool to pass up

Also, Benedict Arnold Lily as a timeline where he keeps fucking up the Brits on Lake Champlain rather than getting all his glory stolen by that fucker Allen, yes/no?

I'm not super familiar with it, but I think it's supposed to be roughly comparable to DC's normal. So, you won't get any of that cosmic source or infinite universe or Black Lantern Corps world ending shit, but there's high tech science and gadgeteers and superpowers and supermen. Like around what your friendly neighborhood normalfags and Hollywood movies think about when they think "comic book superheroes"
That's my impression anyway.

The major difference being the plot follows superhero training schools (ever seen "Sky High"?), and also everyone is really fucking classist against flying bricks.

Yes.

Well, I was a tyranid. So there's that.

Also I regurgitated a lot of newly reincarnated Eldar into newly recreated bodies at their approximate age of death, onto an empty craftworld I created, with notes stapled to their clothes that read "sorry for eating you guys. IOU 1 craftworld, here you go. Happy trails! J" note on their clothes.

After the ensuing panic, I dragged Isha out of Nurgle's domain and into a nearby Webway nexus just to prove a point. Everyone involved was highly confused.

...I'm pretty sure that's the Bingo of Heresy.

I picked up Deadpool in the xinematic X-Men jump. The Benefactor found him funny, so he was allowed to tag along for a while.

He was more one long, continuous narration I tried to ignore while doing stuff. At least he was also very inconsistant because he'd also go wonder off and get into other trouble.

Eventually he broke into the Lanturn Corps, took a green lanturn for a joyride and blipped off the Benefactor's radar. We're pretty sure he blundered into a DC/Marvel crossover by accident and couldn't get out again.

I think so. By canon, Touko used to have tried reaching the Root by recreating the original human body. And Araya can mess with Origins by awakening them, which can give the subjects uncontrollable, unpredictable powers. Like turning into a ghost that can kidnap other ghosts. Or become sort of a werelion, but not really.

I'm thinking the 1778 self-governance offer is accepted and/or Allen isn't such a fuck in every way (We just took over this fort to steal the cannons, what should we do now? Start getting the cannons ready to go? Nah, let's get fucking drunk! Hey, this guy from the actual revolution government spent money out of pocket to help me. Let's write him out of my account of the capture!), so he's remembered by history as an American hero rather than a bitter traitor.

Did you buy the perk that gives you lots of psychic power, and then give it up just so you can say you vomited out a craftworld's worth of Eldar?

...give it up? I'm populated by countless legions of First Circle Souls-some of exist solely to be Essence batteries, and all of which are skilled in Essence crafting. I'm a consummate chef. Mass producing excellent soul food is one of my specialities!

Oh sure, there was some dimming when I hurled space elf chunks into the void between stars. But I'm sure I more than recuperated my reserves once I finished retching up the last Eldar.

I mean, why would I keep the space elves in myself? I've got nothing against the Craftworld Eldar. Now, if it had been the DARK ELDAR it might've been a different story.

I mean why buy a capstone just to undo it?

Do your First Circle Souls produce CP for you?

Uh. Let me start again-the way I see it, the big selling point of it (souls for psychic power) isn't undone. I can recoup the bit I've sacrificed relatively easily with other resources and I don't have anything against space elves, so a short term inconvenience is worth doing the species a favor.

You're silly.

Ah, you just wanted the capability, not the pre-used bit of it. Fair enough.

Hey choice points don't grow on trees user at least if you aren't using a sweatshop where orphan Jumpchans who lost their jumper toil away at making more anyway.

Oi, user. For our Jumpchans, its worker rights through the roof!

Dammit, why does the phrase 'orphan Jumpchans' make me sad?

So, weird question, but what would you think the average density of a Tyranid is, accounting for all their various chitinous and fleshy bits alike?

Depending of the internal organs, liquids and muscular tissue I can say I got no idea.

I guess I'll just have to settle for converting all mass in the Milky Way into Tyranid flesh, instead of using biotech Paragon Generators to produce my own resources and literally fill the galaxy to bursting with Tyranids. The scenario says that your swarm's size can never go above what it was in the jump, so I want that thing to be as big as possible. Just converting mass would have the benefit I wouldn't have to do figure out how to counteract their gravitational mass, too, just leave them in place of the pre-existing masses and their orbits. It would be a minimum of twenty-one orders of magnitude smaller, probably a few orders more, but I suppose it's worth it for simplicity. I'm unlikely to run into situations that need a galactic mass of biological psychoframe analogue, anyway, let alone more.

what's the best way to become like

this is just over halfway done, but I thought I'd get some comments on stuff so far.

Asterix WIP.

jesus christ, what are you trying to do? why?

>asterix jump
fuck yes! Thanks user! reading right now...

YESSSSSSS!!!

Assuming no other jumps aside from warhammer 40k?

I would say Light of Terra (Necron route + psyker DLC) -> Imperium -> Craftworld Eldar -> Dark Eldar -> Tyranids

Get all the psyker perks and technology perks and that should be it. Probably you will need to eat a lot of souls, so you might be interested in taking tge Tyranid scenario. Use your knowledge of the webway to assault it first and once you have assimilated the Eldar, use the webway as a backdoor to the galaxy.

>stealing Papa Nurgle's waifu
Truly, you are the worst sort of harem jumper.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly did you vomit up the Eldar? Do you have some perk or magic system that makes it possible?

I'd assumed the Tyranids had simply digested their souls into psychic power, breaking down their identities. But then again, I guess that isn't grim enough for 40k.

Nurgle a shit SHIIIIIIIIIIT

You're just mad because you don't have a dick, Tzeentch.

Since we seem to be on a 40k kick right now anyway, I'm curious about something. Is the sorcery in 40k all about summoning/binding/commanding demons or can sorcerers use spells that directly manipulate warp energy for actual spells sort of like how people manipulate the Winds in Fantasy?

...this seems filled with some pretty overpowered stuff.

any idea for the 600 cp warrior perk?
for the 600 cp wise man perk i think you might need some restrictions, since "professions" can vary in power in different jumps. If i can just pick jedi-knight as a profession and automatically can become the best there is with this perk it might be more than you intended.
the "prisioners" item is pretty dark for asterix, don't you think (i know where you're getting it from; i'm just worried about what some jumpers might do with that)

suggestions for drawbacks:
>you find a kid on your doorstep
>some annoying chic is into you (you can't hit her)
>some guy is breaking appart the friendship in your organization
>you get turned into a kid
>fucking aliens are invading and lead to a complete downfall in storytelling

great work so far user

> can achieve absolute mastery in any
mundane skill in, at the absolute most, a couple of years
Back to the All Star Batman problem. Boosting your learning speed is okay but reducing the max learning times isn't. Especially not for absolute mastery. Please remove that part of the perk.

Pretty sure you're Brellin?

...Such as? Could you point out something spceific?
Right. Will change things accordingly

Yes, and yes. But sorcerors maniluplate the magic, fo lack of a better term, via ritual, runes, chants bargains and deals unlike psykers who do it by...whatever means psykers normally do things. This does not exclude a psyker from being a sorcerer either, mind you, and the principles of sorcery are often employed to easen their job (the staffs, tattoes, etc etc)

i kind of like that in those low power setting there are often a lot of incredibly powerful perks
i got most of my strong "plot armor" perks from low power settings

Did you follow any Walking Ways in the Elder Scrolls jumps?

The infinite duration of any magic feels a bit out of place when it's directly against what it is in series and so powerful. Especially since it also makes you better at everything else and is a capstone booster as well.

...Obelix is directly against what's in setting?

It's just one piece of magic, user. Based on, I'd say, Obelix having the effects of the potion maintained permanently.

Why is your capstone booster one of the origin's capstones? The fuck is that?

He probably has more than a few at each time. The trick is remembering where they are before he morphs again.

You never read the comics, did you?

Will you add a movies optional drawback?

Cultural Differences is hilariously underpowered compared to the other perks. It doesn't really seem worth more then 200.

Discovery- I'd echo the concerns about the reducing of learning limits. Instead, I'd say to boost the rate at which you learn a bit more to compensate.

Fun as Glorious Facial Hair is, it doesn't really do anything and the other 100s are actually useful things. I'd reccomend maybe making this a free thing for fun or even in an item section, or at least adding some bonus effect to make it more useful.

Single Handed should probably have a note that they won't ignore the rest of your army if that army starts fighting them. Otherwise I'd suggest moving this up a level.

As a Baby- whew, this is probably too much. Others seem to have detailed the problems and I pretty much agree in that there's one insanely good effect accompanied by two great ones that makes this just too good. Comparing it to the other capstones only makes that more obvious. It'd probably work if you just remove the duration stuff entirely, since capstone booster + boost to all your skills and stats seems on the level with the other caps.

Strength in Numbers- is this based on something in the comics?

Do items next.

Oh, I didn't notice As a Baby was only for one spell ever. Do think it's still too much since the other 600s don't act as capstone boosters but I've no objection to the duration boost now that others explained it.

huh? The faction capstones are boosters for the origin capstones. I'll be putting details of every interaction in the notes once I'nm done establishing the perks.

Please, Tzeentch is obviously a girl. Just look at that crotch-mouth!

Only one of them mentions that. It makes it a bit lopsided.

what about when he sticks out his dicktongue?

Right, right, that's an edit error. But it says so at the top of the perks section... I'll mod As a Baby anyway, as it does seem a bit too strong.

Yeah, should be fun

>all mass
>in the Milky Way

Wait, are you counting like. Suns, Wraithbone, planetoids, blackholes and Necron doodads? Or matter from the Warp, since I understand those have iffy relationships with mass depending on the writer

Because Benefactors that grow up alone and unloved intenalise deepseated psychological trauma, which can haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Like all drawbacks becoming mandatory, uncontrollable crying when certain perks aren't picked and begging their new Jumper to stay so they won't lose them again.

...why does everyone assume I put every female (or potentially female) character I vaguely associate with in the seraglio these days?

Come on, man. I'm not REALLY a harem jumper, I just-happen to have a very large harem! And a very diverse skillset! I've just been around for a while, that's all!

No, I did NOT put her in the harem! I literally just put her in the Webway, scrubbed off the worst of the gunk, confirmed this wasn't some Warpish trick and then asked for a little help explaining things to her species!

Judicious amounts of Eradia guided by the Double Deity (FF13-3) to retrieve the souls from psychic dispersal

A racial skill from my Overlord build which is the complete opposite of The Goal of All Life is Death; like you said, I figured the digestion merited a bit of brute force

An M:tG spell called Breath of Life for the actual ressurection

And the Third to stabilise ego identity, and give the souls just enough power to reshape inchoate surrogate bodies in their self-image.

Er, what are those?

>Er, what are those?
The six different paths to godhood.

>It's too bright
>The pressure isn't high enough
>My shell hurts
>I wish I was home, playing hide and seek with Cthulhu

Adding to this-it's best that the capstone booster not be attached to any one background for the sake of parity

but both faction capstones are going to be boosters! That should take care of parity, yeah?

Yeah, didn't see that for the Roman origin. I guess that's fine then.