How ethnically diverse are your settings typically?

How ethnically diverse are your settings typically?

Do you believe representation and diversity are important in the creation of your settings?

How diverse is your gaming group?

So long you have dwarves and no elves in your party, you will be fine.

fantasy races were created to be a less ugly stand-in for brown people and foreign cultures.

What's the Burger King Kids Club doing with that globe?

No. Forced diversity = tokenism.

My group is incredibly diverse, we have a serb, a hiberno, an anglo, an italian and a greek.

>hiberno

What's that

Diverse in what sense?

A mosaic of cultures each strong and unique in their own right.

Or a melting pot of culture that dissolves it down into a multitude of races and one nebulous culture

>Do you believe representation and diversity are important in the creation of your settings?
Of course, how else can we have slavery without an inhuman underclass in our settings?

Irish

Okay.

I take these idiots as what diversity should mean. That they can play off each other so well because of diverse personalities is more important that diverse skin colors.

So diverse that /pol gets triggered. Even though it is imaginary and not real... actually, especially because it is imaginary and not real.

Good convo.

Love it.

Because it has serious negative repercussions in modern society.

I can't tell if the banter in Overwatch is so much staler because it's a T- Rated game, Blizzard can't write good dialogue or because they are really afraid of offending people. The in-game chatter is so stale and lame compared to the ridiculousness that was TF2

Would very much like to see more ribbings and banter that extends beyond Soldier: 76 growling "I'll get you!!" at Reaper

"My name is spy, and I LOVE FAGGOTS"

What are you talking about

Why the HELL would you even MAKE a T rated game anymore? The number of parents that just flat out do not care or do not get it is so high that there is NO point to even bothering anymore.

I think the attempts at making things more diverse have been kind of tactless and self-congratulatory, but I also think dealing with the fact that other people play the game is part of being a functional adult. I don't expect everyone to cater to my tastes but I'm pleasantly surprised when they do.

This is bait.

It's a voice line from tf2. I was intending to demonstrate that one user's point better.
Granted the voice line is rather rare, but it's still there

The sad part is it might very well have everything to do with not offending people. Remember Tracers Ass Fiasco? I can't help but imagine if the heroes of Overwatch were allowed to more than just a window dressing personality they would immediately be upsetting some person somewhere for some damn fool thing.

No, it's not. Conversations about diversity and representation in hobbies and art are springing up daily now. Just because something offends your sensibilities or simply because you don't want to talk about it personally doesn't make it trolling or bait. This is a legitimate discussion being had by millions, if not billions, of people daily and if it remains civil then it deserves a place here

If you don't like it you can always click the red x on the corner of your browser. Nobody is forcing you to read or post.

Yes, but it's been officially cleared and posted within it's regularly scheduled posting times, so it'll slide, and it's also been posted during the designated "mod inactive times" to ensure a decent lifespand before possible deletion. Here at Veeky Forums we pride ourselves on facilitating more copies of the same threads over and over again than any other board on the site.

Literally only the Anglo can be considered human in that group.

I'm not even remotely a /pol/ type or edgelord but the game feels really... milquetoast? I was expecting something similar to TF2's fucked up but hilarious world.

Maybe I am a cunt for wanting to have a little more "edge" for lack of a better word but I imagine a lot of people who were dedicated TF2 players with thousands of hours logged also felt disappointed by the lack of character that a game centered around diverse characters had.

Please, we already have the thread, and I'm here. Your assistance in baiting is appreciated, but unnecessary.

>anglo
>human
Nein.

Wow a bait thread full of /v/ crossboarders who could have expected this

Big companies can't make games that have any bite anymore or they'll get bad publicity from a group that doesn't play video games, and who have opinions that only other people who don't buy video games listen to

It is all a matter of taste. But screw forcing "diversity" in any type of fiction unless it fits into the story.

Good thing I'm the anglo.

>Germans
>Having your opinions matter
Pick one. Just kidding mate, lets just celebrate that one thing you've beaten us in... I honestly can't remember what it is.

Very.

It includes a variety of peoples and cultures from Halogaland to Skane.
We even have Swedes, Danes, Finns, Lapps, Iutes, Saxons, Wends, Sorbs and Pomeranians.

Muslim immigration?

We have this particular thread every two to three weeks, wherein it's repeated for two to three threads, two of which get deleted.

Yup. Presumably it's started by the same guy who posts the blatant "Anti christian topping under the thin veneer of an RPG" threads we got all too often too

Screw doing anything that doesn't fit in the story actually.
So many things can be resolved by just not being a twat.

Are they actually people from those countries, or is it one of those American things where someone's totally not just another American because their grandparents came from somewhere else?

kek but also pic related

Fuck globalism.

>How ethnically diverse are your settings typically?
I like Planescape, so very.
>Do you believe representation and diversity are important in the creation of your settings?
Nope. Just diversity of ideas and fun,
>How diverse is your gaming group?
My last one is a multi-generational Filipino/Hispanic/White family, with friends ranging from various western and eastern European descent, a half-Puerto Rican half Filipino girl (The grand-daughter) and my White and Native American ass. We also had a white dude from Connecticut.

>Tracer
I liked her until I heard her voice. Holy shit is it annoying.

Ugh. You just reminded me of when I had the misfortune of not immediately skipping one of the ads
She sounds like a damn chipmunk

>Because it has serious negative repercussions in modern society.
>this is what /pol/ believes