GLORANTHA

What is wrong with liking Glorantha?
Honestly it's one of the few really good and more than servicable tabletop RPGs settings I've seen and like to read about.
Very colorfull, a setting that makes me FEEL!
I don't see how one could dislike it.

I liked King of Dragon Pass.

A thinking man!

This being said, it's also why I always try to get a triceratops mount on every PF character I play where it can help.

I dunno, people hate the ducks, but they are so minor than I don't know why they are even an issue.

It's not great.

It's got a heavy dose of some of the dullest history and mythology of any setting, and the parts people can actually use for games tend to lack any sense of style, with some parts reading like what a try-hard college student would cobble together in order to try and sound smart, and other parts being so dumb and ridiculous you have to wonder if they're just unfunny jokes.

It's "serviceable," but that's worthless when there's plenty of actually exciting settings out there, and doubly worthless when most people are better off just making their own setting using actual history and mythology for inspiration rather than the armchair-historian-filtered versions of Glorantha.

Some examples of actually good settings?

Eberron is a well-polished setting with plenty of great ideas that you could center a campaign around, though its big weakness is that it's a setting made for D&D and uses a lot of D&Disms. Still, that makes it work great for actual games, though I don't really think it could ever expand beyond that, which isn't likely anyway as interest in the setting has largely evaporated.

I dislike it very much. It always reads like an Anthropology 101 class, not a campaign setting for adventurers.

Wait, it's not a GOOD thing?

Really? Ebberon always came across as something created by a focus group lead by Tv-tropes hivemind.

Cobbled together from inverded stereotypes and the top 10 things nerds like (besides boobs)

I like Glorantha because everything's centered around the community. A community keeps the campaign grounded and provides basically unlimited adventure hooks.

I don't see much that would appeal to someone who prefers murder-hobo games though.

Is it wrong if I still like the Warforged? That and voodoo ancestors worshippers elves.

I played Runequest back in the 80s and liked it, but it had some issues. One was that if you rolled badly on skill increases you could get stuck while the rest of the party roared ahead. And combat could take ages if people and monster parried successfully a lot. And a lot of monsters were way too easy to kill since they couldn't parry. I still liked the setting, though.

No, it's crammed brimmingly full of awesome elements.
So much that individual elements lack the space and contrast to really shine.

13th Age is getting its own Glorantha sourcebook so now there will be at least two systems to work with

There's a lot of people champing at the bit to get at the inevitable 5e sourcebook. Interest should perk up a lot after it drops.

Pavis and the Big Rubble were built for murder hobos - in game and out.

>Eberron.
>Good setting.
Athas is good, Planescape can be interesting, but Eberron? A kitchen sink than could be Golarion?
I mean, it has some cool parts (but then, any setting does), but it doesn't really feel like a lived setting when I read about it. The dinosaur riding halfings and the living weapons and the goblinoids had interesting elements/were cool tough.

There is a sequel of KoDP coming. It's called Six Ages.

Pavis/Big Rubble is a really cool area. You could run whole campaigns in there and never run out of content.

I like to pilfer the good stuff stuff from Glorantha. The setting as a whole has too much wankery and the fan base is second only to PbtA-fags in obnoxiousness.

The fanbase is annoying? I don't think there is much of a vocal glorantha fanbase, how are they obnoxious?

But Eberron isn't a kitchen sink. It's just an attempt to answer the question of what would a society with D&D magic and D&D monsters reasonably look like.

>setting wankery

What does this even mean

Up

This setting has the best art.

There are already two. Runequest and Heroquest. 13th Age will make 3 (if you lump all Runequest editions into one system).

I've been wondering what it would be like to run a party who are leaders in a tribe, going on individual solo and duo exploration/ negotiation adventures, and contributing to group decisions and boosts on the ring.