Kicking a problem player help

Hey Veeky Forums, I've got a problem player and I've talked with 3/5 of the other people in the group, they agree that this person is a problem player.

But this person is also a sociopath high schooler who could potentially ruin another of the player's lives (I asked him about it and he was like "Yeah, that's why I didn't say anything")

Wat do?

We're gonna need some additional context for this one OP

Ruin another player's life in what way? If he's a high schooler why do you hang with him? If he's threatening to do something shitty just tell his parents lol

Like what?
That's why I made it short, cause I expected questions.

Popular kid and unpopular kid, that kinda shit. Pretty sure the parents don't give a fuck, they play the pro victim.

WHAT YOU DO BROTHER IS YOU GET UP AND YOU GET IN THAT FOOLS FACE AND YOU RIP YOUR SHIRT AND YOU SAY "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO BROTHER WHEN THE HULKAMANIA RUNS ALL OVER YOU" THEN YOU PUT HIM IN A SCISSOR LOCK BROTHER AND YOU THROW HIM DOWN TO POUND TOWN

>Popular kid and unpopular kid, that kinda shit
>they play the pro victim
What does all this mean?

Meaning they're amazing at getting people to think they're the wounded party in whatever situation it is, making whoever else into the bad guy.

I'm worried that since I have literally no connection to the problem player outside the game, they'll take it out on the other player by sociopath-drama-ing it up at their highschool.

Kill the current game. Wait a month of two. Start a new game with a different lineup. Don't invite the sociopath kid. If it comes up, just say that you don't think it's an appropriate game for a high schooler and you don't feel comfortable discussing anything else about it.

We rotate DMs.
Killing the game would be hard since I'm not the (current) DM and the DM's excited about what he's running.
Plus we have the problem that it's laid out more like a "game night" meaning we all show up every Saturday, confirm what we're running, then go from there.

This.

You can make things more graceful by telling them you need to end the game for reasons, but have one or two more adventures to give some sort of ending climax.

>We rotate DMs.

Then just leave the game and go find something more fun to do.

>there's a problem player in a good group, so you should leave the group instead of kicking them out
nah

>3 adults fail to stand up to a highschool kid
This is pretty pathetic.

BETA BITCHES ALERT

Well, I'm more worried for the other kid I mentioned in the OP. Otherwise they'd be out by now.

What's wrong with the kid?

Leave the group, and suggest the others do too. Then you can later contact the non-chads and reform it.

This is the only correct response to this thread.

you and the other adults talk to the problem player, tell him he's kicked. unpopular kid isn't involved in any way, doesn't even know it's happening.

Let me get this straight, your group hates playing with a sociopathic high school kid and wants to kick him out of the group, but this kid might cause problems for another member of your group who goes to the same high school.You're worried if you kick him the problem player will cause grief for the other kid?

I'm glad I don't live your soap opera life OP. Have you considered talking to the problem player and telling him what you have problems with? If he changes then you have no problem, if he doesn't you have grounds for kicking him out and at least the other kid can point to those as justification.

>Let me get this straight..
Yes

I've tried to talk to them about it multiple times but they just layer on the sympathy card like a fucking pro and I crack. Didn't realize it at the time.

>just layer on the sympathy card
could you elaborate?

>alright, listen here's our problems and what you could do to make these problems not be problems
>"waaah I'm sorry I'm such a fuck-up I'll fix it give me one more chance"
>aight
>never fixes it, next week comes around and they pretend the conversation never happened

Then your response is.
"You said you'll fix it after so many conversations. You didn't. Goodbye."

They'll have a squealing shitfit and then proceed to try and tar and feather you and everyone else you know, but guess what? Chances are everyone else who knows this kid already know he's a dramawhore and will dismiss his allegations accordingly.

OH FUCKING FUCK FUCKER FUCKING ON A FUCKSTICK I AM SO BOTHERED BY THIS THREAD. FUCKING TALK TO THE FUCKING FUCKER LIKE A FUCKING ADULT YOU FUCKING FUCK, FUCKING TALKING SOLVES PROBLEMS NOT FUCKING GOING TO FUCKING BOARDS ONLINE ASKING FOR HELP JUST FUCKING TALK WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT US TO FUCKING DO FUCKIJG ASSASSINATE HIM???

Seriously though, solve this like adults, speak calmly and just explain why things aren't working out. No need to act like a pack and saying "We all decided on this", just a few of you will be enough.

Until the harassment/bullying accusations come.

I know this kid's type. He is going to make it his life's mission to ruin someone if he thinks he can benefit from it.

OP, your best bet would be to change the time/place of the game and don't tell psychokid. If anything, say you've all burned out of it and he needs to move on like the rest of you have.

"Sometimes the truth hurts. In situations like these, I recommend lying" - Michael Westen

Make a scene and kick the victim player. Kick the sociopath 2 sessions later. Bring the victim player back 2 sessions after that.

But really what I'd do is disband the game for lack of time to prepare, and then restart it two weeks later in another location with all players but sociopath.

I had the same problem but with a grown-ass man. After a couple cycles I told him cut the BS or he's out - he cut the BS, but he'd be out if he hadn't. Shouldn't be any different with a high schooler.

Just grow a spine and kick the nerd out ffs

and what exactly makes the kid a problem player?
give examples of what he does

Don't lie. Formulate exactly the reasons why you want him out and stop enabling him with second chances, you're only hurting him to protect your own ego. If he starts harassing someone call the cops.

>Implying the "problem player" is the sociopath in this scenario
Fucking lmao OP, do you even read what you write?
This thread is fucking pathetic

'You don't fit with the group. I'm sorry, but you have to go.'

>lays on the sympathy card like a fucking pro and I crack.
You're weak and you deserve him.

It's just high school. "Make him look bad in front of friends" is unbelievably minor as retaliation goes, especially since in all likelihood he'll be at college soon and will have all new friends anyway. Suck it up. Kick him out and if your other player feels the heat then that's his problem. If you let it be your problem, then That Guy has power over you. What year are they, anyway? It's the middle of summer, school's out. He'll have a month, probably two, to get over it. By the time school starts it'll be old news. It'll never be easier than it is now.

Don't be passive aggressive. Don't hide behind consensus. Kick him and be the bad guy.

You need to have a sense of proportionality about what the real stakes are here.

You kick the problem kid and the other kid out at the same time, saying that the adults are tired of playing with children. Of course, you don't actually kick the other kid; it's just for show.

Oh my god just beat the shit out of him it's the only thing he'll understand.

>Kick him
>Be thankful the backlash allows you to identify and filter some shit people out of your life.

Ya got a lot of growing up to do kid.

>Maximum jimmies rustled 9000 2017 version
You made my ducking day

OP, you are a sissy, so you'll find any possible answer to any advice we give you to justify the fact that the guy won't leave you alone, but let me make it clear: that guy is a little double-faced bitch and you are a little shy kid. Grow the fuck up and so should your friends.

If the guy has so much influence on people you care about you should make it clear to others what he does during sessions. You can't even say properly what he does to be a That Guy, ffs

You have a few direct options:
1) kick the guy, politely or not, then ignore people who listen to him because they obviously are shit people like him if they concern themselves over this. Tell them to roleplay with him if they care so much.
2) bully the fuck outta him, in-game. If the GM has no qualms, fuck him up in-game with powerplaying, tailored encounters, forced railroading and other stuff you bunch of weak-willed people have to resort to because of your lack of spine. While doing this act like you want him to keep coming to your games, as if you're having a fun evening with him, and not at his expense. He will have no moral ground to do anything, and either keep coming due to social pressure (it seems to work well on you) or he'll make an excuse and leave. You can also make it boring, but he could trainwreck it and you would have no benefit.
3) Record what he says or discuss it in front of other witnesses, or make the other high-school player do it. make any action he does in-game known to others so he's publicly shamed. if it doesn't stir anyone, people either don't understand, don't care or you have no real reason to kick him.
4) ignore his bullshit at the table. have fun, ignore his attitude, his interference. if you are people capable of having fun despite being the weak-willed cowards you are, you'll do fine even with him besides you.
5) Punch him in the face until he has no teeth, endure social stigma while playing with other inmates in prison. he won't attend, i can guarantee.

Post his address.
It'll be taken care of.

Wait, there is a piece of context you haven't provided. I'm somehow surprised it never came up.

What makes him a problem player? Is it his attitude outside of the game? Is it what he does ingame? Does he powerplay/play for himself, fuck over the group, or insist on performing tasks the GM doesn't want to allow? Is he lying about in-game data (cheating)? Did he make a character with a personality that's bound to lead to trouble?

You could, as many have suggested above, man the fuck up and openly tell not us that he's a problem player, but him. Tell him that whatever shit he's pulling doesn't fly and if he pulls it once more, he's out of the group and his character dies faster than he can say 'I'm sorry I didn't mean to.' If he doesn't understand, tell him whatever system you're running on is a game of adults, and if he can't behave like one, he's better fit playing MarioKart. If after that conversation, he still tries to pull shit, you have an undeniable pretext for kicking him out, without having hide your faces. Then you can openly tell him, 'this isn't working out'. An advantage of kicking him out to his face, is that if you just cower in place and waiting until he's gone so you can send a formal 'removal note' without saying to his face that what he pulls isn't acceptable, is that if you do go with the cowardly option, he gets the notion that he was in the right. You will want to avoid that, because then exactly what you're afraid of happening is going to happen.

why are you here

don't you have some david foster wallace to masturbate to or something

I'm more of a Melville fan desu famallama

No it fucking won't.

Stop being a pussy and just kick him out.

You must be 18 years or older to post on this board. That means you are either a high school senior and getting ready to move on with life where this sociopath can't "harm" you, or you are older than the kid, and don't give a shit. Unless you failed a grade, in which case I'd be studying, not playing rpgs on the weekend with a sociopath.

As a group give him an ultimatum about whatever dick behavior he has been doing. If he doesn't shape up, kick him out. Your unpopular kid friend will be able to endure whatever abuse he already endures. But unless he's at some small-ass school, popular kid probably doesn't associate with him at all at the school anyway, so not like it's going to start something. And if it does, maybe unpopular kid will call him out on his bullshit. At worse case they'll get tired of each other.

/thread

Put on one of these and tell him he's fired.