Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Old Salt Edition:
When was the last time you played a good, old fashioned down to earth type character?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/skills/use-magic-device/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/feral-combat-training-combat/
paizo.com/threads/rzs2lzdo?For-Desnas-Sake#8
paizo.com/threads/rzs2oqee?Discussion-and-Analysis-of-Sex-and-Female#21
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's the type of character I always make, user.

Gonna roll a Shield Champion, I'm also thinking on being Mutagenic Mauler, is mutagenic mauler worth losing martial flexibility?

I would if somebody actually ran a pirate/privateer game eventually.

Can confirm she works for a demon slut

The benefits you get from martial flexibility will probably outweigh what the mutagen will get you.

If all you want is pure damage, then sure, it's totally worth it. Personally, I like dumping shitloads of debuffs on the bad guys with every hit, and spontaneously giving myself new feats really helps with that.

Hey now, erinyes are devils!

Adrestria is an angel!
She's just a little upset that all her useful pawns got killed

Going off of this user's question, what stats are most important for a Brawler?

How do I make a MUDAMUDAMUDA build at level 5 with Gestalt?

You don't. You can't make DIO in PF while being true to the source material so stop fucking asking.

Define Mudamudamuda because it seems to mean different things for different people

Is it true a class without a spell list can't use UMD to activate scrolls/wands/staves?

Fair enough so long as everyone can agree she's not some filthy demon.

UMD is there explicitly so that such classes can use those and other items.

No. They HAVE to use UMD.

STR or DEX are both viable, but you shouldn't really dump either of them. You'll want some CON so you can take a hit, and a little WIS helps to qualify for certain feats and boost your Will save.

Why can't you make a good old boy in another campaign?

You mean lots of attacks?
Well, Barb or Alchemist alone can make 6 attacks at full BaB at that level, you just need Ragebred Skinwalker race for Gore+2 Hooves and Barb or Alchemist for Bite+2 Claws.

Maybe add Umonk (gestalt) for 2 extra unarmed attacks for a total of 8

Had a GM argue that it only applied to other magic items with race/alignment/ability-score/class feature requirements.

He ruled my Monk can't use UMD to use wands or scrolls because the class doesn't have a spell list.

Any archetypes worth taking?

Depends on what you're looking for.

the GM needs to read what UMD does

My first recomendation show him this
>You can use this skill to read a spell or to activate a magic item. Use Magic Device lets you use a magic item as if you had the spell ability or class features of another class,
>d20pfsrd.com/skills/use-magic-device/
And if you want me to bring in the heavy fire power I can show you examples of characters in Pathfinder modules that use wands in their tactics section but don't have spell lists.

How would you roleplay a tiefling with this, capable of swallowing small animals whole and alive?

I politely lean over and tell the player to stop inserting his vore fetish into the game. It's terrible. He can go do it on his own time on the internet like everyone already knows he does.

Projecting much?

>the /pgg/ autist is out loose again
GUARDS

Unchained Monk still cannot flurry while using natural attacks, iirc

He rules that activating a magic item isn't the same as using a spell completion/trigger.

Another player tried to mention the NPC codex where a Barbarian and a Fighter did the same thing. But by that point he brushed it all off to keep the game moving. (We all acknowledged beforehand we were on a time limit to be fair.)

He's retarded

Shield Champion is actually pretty solid-gives you a good ranged option and helps you get some good offensive and defensive bonuses with shields. Mutagenic Mauler is good if you just want to hit like a truck, but costs you flexibility, so it may or may not be worth it. Winding Path Renegade has some handy tricks worth looking over, maybe pair it up with another archetype.

Good thing UMD does fucking both, then.

Normal monk then?
If not be fighter gestalt and grab TWF

I almost....almost want to make an Asura expy for King's Gambit, just to intorduce a dark warlord type with Shattered Mirror, Golden Lion, and Solar Wind manuvers.

Did you PM THEM yet?

No because I don't have autism.

>Immortal telling about people how to live their lives
Fuck off

Ungermaw

Spell completion and trigger are methods of activation. That's like saying you can't start a car by turning the key.

UNGERMAW

Has anyone ever even played one? Or is everyone scared to be called a vore fetishist?.

It seems like a good mage killer class.

I can, I'm just really looking forward to making the saltiest lad I can for some high seas adventure!

Have you?

>he ruled something totally wrong
>Wands use the spell trigger activation method, so casting a spell from a wand is usually a standard action that doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity.

I believe SEagle built one for RotJR but she had to step aside for the meme queen.

Sometimes I wonder if Amalthea wouldn't have been a better character for SEagle to play for that campaign, especially because JttW was a thing.

He runs one of the Dragons games on Thursday evenings, he wouldn't have been able to throw Onryou into the running even if she wasn't in RotJR.

Thinking of a half orc brawler, and investing entirely in feats that keeps me alive. Intent on making the hardiest, toughest son of a bitch that can take hits like a champ and still not go down (which is hard, considering magic bullshit, but gonna at least try it out).

He could remake her as a thicc Ulfen woman in LotLK, you don't even need to recolor her hair.

Why are we back to being /pgg/?

He can if he has Feral Combat Training. d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/feral-combat-training-combat/

Because apparantly too many topics were getting drowned-out by gameshittery and celeb-posting.

Ravioli ravioli don't lewd the dragon loli.

pretty sure the assumption there is you can use the natural attack as one of your FoB attacks, not get more attacks to go with your FoB, but then again that shit's whack and there's conflicting reports last time I checked

Because /sfg/ is dead and nobody else gives a shit about your title autism

Monk can't either. U monk is a decent option to get Unarmed damage and hit with elbows and shit, then fighter for more feats and actually grabbing TWF.

With no active /sfg/ it makes sense to fold this place back to /pgg/ so we can keep the important starfinder links available for easy access. And no, this is not an excuse for you to make a new /sfg/ thread just to stir up shit.

Aside from Bladed Dash and Greater Bladed Dash, what other spells from the Bard, Witch or Magus spell lists do you think that the Bloodrager should have? Is there anything you think stands out as missing, or odd, in the same manner? At what Bloodrager spell level do you think that it should be on?

Thinking about making a revised spell list in case there's any other weird omissions.

Can anyone recommend a book with multiple adventures in them for varying levels? Something like Thornwatch, or Tales of the old Margreve?

Rumor has it the AP after Ruins of Azlant will be situated in Taldor and resolving their political situation, how does this make you feel?

>With no active /sfg/ it makes sense to fold this place back to /pgg/ so we can keep the important starfinder links available for easy access.
This.
>And no, this is not an excuse for you to make a new /sfg/ thread just to stir up shit.
Especially this.
This thread's OP shows up for all relevant search terms (even /pfg/ and /sfg/), there's no legitimate reason to sperg out here.

Blade Tutor's Spirit

Nervous.

Friendly reminder that Shelyn is not a virgin, even though her title is the Eternal Maiden. She has and still is canonically in a sexual relationship with Desna and Sarenrae, who are in sexual relationships with each other as well.

Girl on Girl doesn't count. Neither does anal.

Trust me, I dated a catholic.

And thou hath proof of this sexual congress betwixt the goddesses other than that one lewd picture?

No. SHELYN IS PURE

P U R E
U
R
E

James Jacobs confirmed it on the forums.

In 2012.

In a thread made just before Wrath of the Righteous, where he declares he hasn't been "doing enough" for representation.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JAMES JACOBS WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Linky dinky? Or is this just a hoodwinky?

Fuck off.

So what's a good feat for a 5th level human inquisitor?
Intimidate build
Feat tax rules
Have two damnation feats and improved monster lore
Planning on Cornugon Smash at 7th

What stats? What spells? What weapon?

According to many historical religions, sex between women was a nonsexual act, and therefore her maindhood is preserved.

what are nice traits or feats to improve mutagens for a non alchemist class?

Man, it will take a little bit of hunting for it, but the link's somewhere.

Why? This is more on-topic than half the things we discuss here. It's canon.

Hurtful?

While searching, I discovered something fascinating.

Did you know Milani was a goddess from JJ's homebrew setting?

paizo.com/threads/rzs2lzdo?For-Desnas-Sake#8

Would Warhammer Fantasy rules be suitable for lage battles?

Str 20
Dex 14
Con 12
Int 12
Wis 17
Cha 7

Longsword and buckler. Also longbow and cestus.

Detect and Read Magic, Stabilize, Brand, Stabilize, Detect Poison
Command, Handy Grapnell, Know the Enemy, Barbed Chains

Brow Gasher, Shamefully Overdressed

Meant to reply to and not myself dammit

Hurtful could work

Huh, I will now be able to properly use my hulking changeling Unchained Monk+Witch of Strength build to it's fullest potential.

Found it: paizo.com/threads/rzs2oqee?Discussion-and-Analysis-of-Sex-and-Female#21

.....wait, was the first or the second the important one?

Because you're just kicking up /pol/ bait
Golarion basically is JJ's homebrew setting just published. Most of the fucking core gods are from one of his homebrew settings too.

If your players are fine with suddenly shifting from a system to another why not? Knew a guy who played BattleTech for mech combat and used Fate out of the mechs, so I guess shifting to WHFB wouldn't be too much of an oddity.

This isn't /pol/ bait? This is all canonical facts in the settting?

Is there a ritual or something ordinary commoners can do to help with village issues like poor crop harvests or repeated shitty weather, or are they just left with praying?

And while I know control weather is a spell, is there anything else that could help a village with problems like that? Plant growth, command plants and the like.

Your friendly neighborhood Cleric of Milani should help with that.

And? It's yet another part of the setting anybody can ignore at their leisure because it changes absolutely nothing about how things work within the setting, unless you are playing some odd homebrew campaign where you have to play as celestials who are running around patching up the love triangle by gathering the bouquets of flowers, taking them to couples' counselling and signing them up for dancing lessons.

All your post is doing is riling up /pol/.

Reminder that Iron Gods, your rare chance to peruse a mechanized Conan hellscape without the choking mire of gestalt, is recruiting.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods

Level 1 clerics can use Ceremony, and if their deity has the Earth domain it allows them to cast Plant Growth in enrichment mode.

Not sure what Milani has to do with any of that, but ok.

Huh, wonder why I've never heard about ceremony.

>Not sure what Milani has to do with any of that, but ok.
Our /pol/ element keeps mememing that Milani has replaced Erastil despite them having nothing to do with each other.

Because it's not usually convenient or applicable for PCs to use. It's easier to use the specific spell that gives you what you want when you want it than jumping through the hoops for Ceremony and not getting much benefit.

She kind of has, unless you're going to suggest Erastil is somehow as visible as ever in the setting as it currently stands.

And I do say visible, rather than celebrated or detailed. Just because you had a couple paragraphs devoted to you in 2011 does not mean people give a shit about the deity in 2017. Not writing about a god is about as damning as shelving them.

Makes sense! Thanks for showing me.

Well, I'm just running with the mostly small town Harvest Moon-esque kind of stuff, so Erastil is doing just fine for me. Thanks for telling me what that was all about though.

>And?

Please don't be this dense, we know you're smart enough to understand what I'm trying to do here. Honestly, I can kind of see what you're doing as well, this topic is an unpopular one so you're trying to kill it before people can see it.

Shelyn is in a caonical love triangle between Desna and Sarenrae. This isn't something that should be ignored in much the same way we shouldn't "ignore" the Spire Elves have a goddamn War Goddess in their possession, or "ignore" James Jacobs has removed the Unbearded social class from Taldor because Jessica Price threw a bitch-fit. We shouldn't have to "not talk about" shit that's set in stone about the setting because we're in a General that's supposed to TALK about the setting, warts and all.