Storythread

Storythread: lazy days of summer edition

This is a thread for creative writing of Veeky Forums-related fiction, so epic campaign greentexts and other non-fiction go elsewhere. If you have Veeky Forums related stories to post, post them here, and hopefully some kind user will give you feedback (or at least acknowledge that someone did actually read it, which let's face it is what writefags really want).

What counts as Veeky Forums-related? Anything someone could plausibly use in a campaign (which means basically anything if you have enough imagination).

If you don't have a story ready then I and other anons will be posting pictures throughout the thread for you to test your writing skills on. This is, more or less, a world-building and character-building exercise: two vital skills for playing roleplaying games. If you don't have any pics to post, you could try posting an idea for a setting or a character, and maybe someone will be willing to write a story using it. It's also an exercise in writing though, where writefags can try out their material and gain inspiration, so if you just want to talk about world-building save it for the world-building threads.

Remember that writefags love to have feedback on their work. Writing takes a long time, especially stories that go over several posts, and it can be really depressing when no one even seems to read it (and the writer won't know you read it unless you leave a comment).

And since writing takes a long time remember to keep the thread bumped. Pics are good, feedback is better.

There is a discord for writers:
discord.gg/6AwKHGF

The previous thread can still be found in the archive here
if you have any comments about the stories posted there.

And finally, don't forget to check out past stories on our wiki page:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Storythread

"Kulong?"
"Yes Tado?"
"Why does your mask have to be like that?"
"Like what? It's the face of Vezañolá. How else should it look?"
"I don't know. I just think it's intimidating."
"Of course it's intimidating. We are warriors. We scare people. Who is your mask even in honor of? It's just a smiling idiot."
"I don't know. But I like it. It's friendly. We are protectors of our village. People should be happy to see us."
"You are a fool, Tado. Our people are happy when they are not dead. Now let us keep moving, there are spirits that need to be hunted."
"Whatever you say, Kulong."

Might do more interactions if I'm in the mood.

well, at least we're having a nice art thread