Ideas for an edgy weapon

Hey Veeky Forums. I was creating a character for D&D 3.5 who is going to be like an edgy assassin type.

I haven't decided on a special ability for the weapon (was going to go katana of course) so I wanted to see what you guys could come up with rather than using something from the books.

Is this character an NPC?

Player character.

It's a blood katana, the more damage it does to enemies or the more damage its wielder takes, it draws the blood onto itself in a really edgy and anime-esq way, getting increased range and damage.

Read the BoVD for some real edgy magic items, like an artifact longsword that was literally sharpened with the wings of angels.

Kassian vampire with any weapon that allows for their life-force drain to work. Use the Online web Vampire monster class template to balance it.

You also have those monks from the book of weeaboo fighting magic who retain their Law/Chaos Axis after becoming vampires and having their souls imprisoned on the Nine hells.

>I haven't decided on a special ability for the weapon (was going to go katana of course)
*yelling incoherently*
"This is Katana, she's got my bag. Lemme tell you you do NOT wanna get killed by her, her sword traps the souuuls of her victims"

A bow threaded with the heartstrings of the innocents, which can only be used with arrows which were tempered in the blood of a loved one

Flaming and Bane are always favorites of mine

>+5 Vorpal Longsword that ignores damage reduction and hardness of any kind, can also cut through wall of force
>Named Angelwing Razor

Holy shit.

I've always been fond of wounding and, if you can swing it, fleshgrinding. That last one is a firm maybe, because it gives you everything you want from dancing at half the bonus rating.

And all you need is a Erinyes Waifu to get it, enjoy becoming a blackguard and Death knight and avoid all armour ever x2 and use the undead Cohorts feat for Necbromancy.

A Katar made from blood

OP here.

What about a weapon that absorbs the slain target's soul and completely destroys the target's corpse. The souls the weapon collects can be expended to cast certain spells or abilities(souls acting kind of like an ammunition).

A Blade that transmutes blood on it into poison

clearly a black handled and red blade katana that drinks the blood of people you slash it with, because of the nephalim possessing it which is slowing changing you, and can turn into a scythe at will, it's like you aren't even trying OP

That must be an interesting relationship. I'm thinking devoted masochistic blacksmith waifu.

It's a Katnaa, so obviously you gotta make it a Muramasa blade. Can cut through anything and everything, but when you draw it, it makes you crazy violent and can't be sheathed until it tastes blood. Be it yours, an enemy, a bystander or an ally.

Make it so that the more pure the soul, the more powerful it is. Gives you a nice excuse to kill innocent children or even carry around a few to sacrifice when needed.

I was thinking about something like that where as it kills, it amps up the power. I had the idea that it permanently gets stronger but that might be a bit odd to balance.

Something like

X kills = +1 attack or +1 damage

Temporary power up, so you have to keep killing

On hit player can choose to take 1+1d6 damage to increase damage dealt.

When attacking from behind, this bonus damage is multiplied by 1.5.

When preforming a Coup De Grace, wielder is healed to full health. Victim cannot be resurrected by anything else than divine intervention because their soul is absorbed into the weapon.

Maybe something like this...

>imbued with the soul of the character's loved one, dead by his hand.
>absorbs the souls of anything killed with the blade. See
>every soul absorbed also corrupts the loved one's soul.
>cannot be sheathed until it tastes blood.
>if anything honorable is done with the blade, will save vs compulsion to commit seppuku.
>if not used for a while, next unsheathing turns the normally black blade crimson and blood-dripping. Deals double damage during this and every strike splatters huge amounts of acidic crimson blood everywhere. Also absorbed souls corrupt the loved soul twice as fast
>If it's only used for honorable means or it doesn't taste blood for 100 years, the blade turns bright white and loses most of these in favor of inverse abilities, like imbuing things with artificial souls and healing the souls of anyone struck, and only dishonorable actions proc the will save.

I like the soul eating/destroying concept.

I really should have mentioned this earlier, the edgy character will be in party with people who are generally good so he cant exactly wander around and slay innocents just for power.

Like he will be morally bad but still has to cooperate with the party.

or just spend HP to increase bonuses to their attacks and to-hit, say one hit die worth of HP per +1

Sharpened dildo.

You want an edgy weapon?
Name: The Hunger
Weapon: Rapier
Weapon bonus:+1
Weapon material: Ebony handle, Brass guard, Silver-Steel-carbon alloy
Fluff: the weapon is inhabited by a spirit that hungers on the pain of its victim and demands it's user to once a day satiatite its hunger, to deal a Minimum of damage to another living being
Effect: +1 to attack and damage rolls. The weapon absorbs the pain generated to the target of an attack, increasing the "pain attunement" counter. The "pain attunement" calculates every bit of damage done to non-undead creatures. At certain thresholds, the weapon becomes more powerful, becoming a +2 until it becomes a +5. These thresholds are as followed: 150 damage to +2, 500 damage to +3, 1200 to +4, 3000 to +5

A sword named Battle Royale that causes a mental compulsion when drawn that all who see it desire it and will do anything in their power to obtain it ans keep others from taking it.

>Blade imbued with a spirit that feeds off emotions
>Get's stronger when killing someone who feels trust, love, or companionship towards the wielder
>+1d6 damage against dads

In a pet story of mine the main character has a literal double-edged sword, specifically in that it has no hilt. The whole thing is just a long metal blade, pointy on both ends. Magical, but not overtly so. His hand is always a bloody mess in combat, and a mass of scar tissue the rest of the time. It can cut most anything, but it will never sever his hand, just wound it deeply, over and over again. inb4 magic glove, it cuts right through that shit

>+1d6 damage against dads
holy shit i'm dying

Okay, let's see... Here's some more effect ideas

>anything cut always bleeds enough to make a noticeable splatter
>inflicted wounds are magical and can't be healed until the blade is sheathed
>limbs severed with the sword come to life and attack either their owners or the character
>can and will take over it's owner if he's in danger
>if you're going with the imbued with a loved soul idea, have her start off genuinely loving and turn yandere the more corrupted she becomes, and explicitly be behind the body hijacking when the character is in danger.
>wielder cannot die until the sword is sheathed. but sheathing the sword won't heal any wounds incurred so if he gets stabbed through the heart he'll be in pain until he sheathes the sword, and promptly dies.
>bonuses to blood magic.

How about a sword with no hilt that painfully digs right into your arm?
Can only be removed by cutting your arm

So what level are we playing at?
My GMs will forbid homebrew bullshit weapons (moslty cause the players are powerplayers). Did he specifically say you can homebrew it?

At level 19 we met a boss with exactly that sword. Was actually a pretty cool boss (DM hated us for how we won that battle)

The Butchering Sword is a katana forged from materials much heavier than the standard iron. The weight of a greataxe in the shape of a cutlass, it uses twice the amount of dice it normally would against unarmored opponents. The user can roll two times the regular amount of dice for their attack rolls by using all their actions that turn on a single attack.

>What level are we playing at?
Its a plan for a backup character, hopefully at effective character level of 13.

>Did DM specifically say you can homebrew it?
A lot of stuff in his campaign so far is homebrew and he isn't against it. He just says that he will look it over. One of the characters in the party is actually a class the player made up.

For what its worth, my build is Fighter 2, Rogue 4, Telflammar Shadowlord 6 (shadow walker template has a +1 adjustment)

So my character gets all these darkness and teleportation abilities.

Clarent the cowards sword. The wielder of this sword gains incredible diplomatic and political power but is destined to one time kill their father and to never win a fair one on one duel.