Is it fun to play with groups who play with weeb aesthetics so that nearly every PC and NPC is a cute anime girl/trap?

Is it fun to play with groups who play with weeb aesthetics so that nearly every PC and NPC is a cute anime girl/trap?

Just like in every case, depends on the group.
If you and all of them including DM like it. It's probably gonna be comfy fun like nep, or pain and eternal despair like "made in abyss"
Have fun

Is that a remake of this illustration?

Play game as "normal"
Add anime

Never experienced such a game but what I can say is that after 600 hours of Crusader Kings 2, the weebshit portrait mod improved my enjoyment of the game immensely.

Not sure about your "weeb aesthetics", but our current campaign is an unholy fusion of Outlaw Star, Slayers, Ar Tonelico and Dungeon meshi.

We DO have two cute girls in the party, though. Well, for a given value of "cute".

generally no.
a lot of people forget that tabletop isn't as visual medium like anime is and think that deviantart tier titty monsters and over the top sword fights will make their roleplay better, when ultimately its still talking to the same GM and its still rolling dice and adding numbers.

with that in mind look into systems that can replicate the style your going for and think about how npcs can work within your specific anime themed setting, shit that you should be doing anyway.

There's no such thing as an "anime system" because it's a stupid idea that doesn't make sense.

Your playing games as a grown adult. If everyone is having fun playing traps/ hyper realist/ battle map / political only / rail road / magical realm who gives a fuck,
Its a game. Enjoy it

Kamigakari is pretty anime

Only because you think "anime" is actually a descriptor of anything.
This is only the case when your de facto idea of fantasy is 3.PF D&D, and not real life mythology.

did anime touch you inappropriately user?

>It's a "cute islamists committing cute acts of terrorism" campaign
>The first mission is an attempt to kidnap president Donna-chan

Yeah, but we can admit it's just trashy entertainment when we say it's anime. Say it's real life mythology and suddenly we all gotta be respectful and shit

>aesthetics
>in a tabletop game
Never understood this.
You're playing in the theater of the mind, how the fuck does it matter what aesthetics you prefer?
Every player imagines the world as he sees fit.
Unless you explicitly say "everything in this world looks like anime", no one would know.

I mean you could style the game after anime story telling tropes, it just wouldn't be visual

As someone who's almost up for any time of game, including one about magical girls and weeb shit, a game where nearly every player AND NPC is a cute anime girl/trap sounds like literal hell.

Like, it sounds legitimately terrible.

It would hurt to play.

Anime is a visual medium, there is no such thing as "anime story telling tropes".

What about a game where everyone is a hotblooded "loose cannon" shonen with dangerous disregard for rules?

I don't think anime as a whole has a specific set of tropes but certain genres do, shonen battle anime for example have a set of unifying charteristics that aren't solely visual

>user was just an ordinary high schooler, when he suddenly discovered a passage to an alternate world. Strangely enough, every post he made on Veeky Forums in that alternate world was utterly wrong.
>user was just an ordinary high schooler, when he suddenly awakened the power to post utter nonsense on Veeky Forums.
>user was just an ordinary high schooler who loved posting bullshit on Veeky Forums. For some reason this got 3-8 girls around him incredibly aroused and now they compete for his affection.
>user was just an ordinary high schooler attending a high school dedicated to posting bullshit on Veeky Forums. He desires to be the biggest shitposter in human history, but he will have to compete with many rivals. Through teamwork and GANBARE he will eventually succeed.
>user is just a cute girl posting cute misinformation on Veeky Forums. Also he's a maid or a magical girl, perhaps both.
>user is a demon, but he's not malevolent. He just loves posting things that are wrong on Veeky Forums. Meanspirited angels bully him for this.

I would love this if it was well executed, the trick would be getting the game to feel like an anime on more than a surface level

>>user was just an ordinary high schooler, when he suddenly discovered a passage to an alternate world.
Literally any "stranger in strange land" plot. Specific example: Alice in the Wonderland.
>>user was just an ordinary high schooler, when he suddenly awakened the power
Literally any urban fantasy. Specific example: Harry Potter.
>user was just an ordinary high schooler who loved posting bullshit on Veeky Forums. For some reason this got 3-8 girls around him incredibly aroused and now they compete for his affection.
Literally any romance novel. Pride and Prejudice. The "harem" thing itself isn't really prominent in western culture, so I don't remember any examples off the top of my head.
Etc. - I visit Veeky Forums to degrade myself, not to argument this shit.
The one I laughed the most at is:
>>user is a demon, but he's not malevolent.
Master and Margarita, His Dark Materials, Memnoch the Devil.

Now that sounds like a fun game. A train wreck, but a fun kind.

But anime story telling tropes are just the watered down droppings of cheap western media.

Nippies haven't been capable of producing anything original since they became an American vassal state.

you're all wrong theres only two kinds of storytelling, ones that happened and ones that didn't

>What about a game where everyone is a hotblooded "loose cannon" shonen with dangerous disregard for rules?
So, everyone is this guy?

Cute girls make everything better.

No exceptions.

Don't go hating on Three Hearts and Three Lions!

Normally I'd say no, but if the group is weeb enough there's a chance that there won't be any male PCs or even NPCs of note, and things end up feeling weird and samey.

Totally agree.