Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Gods Among Us Edition

Has your party spoken with the divine?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML (embed)
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y (embed)
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj (embed)

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/fighting-tankard/
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?478211-Staff-and-Gun-a-miniguide-to-the-Eldritch-Gunslinger-(or-How-to-be-Harry-Dresden)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last time, on DG1: A Female Knight was possessed by a Champion Archetype, becoming bigger, faster, gaining like eight cup sizes, and a bit of a meathead brain. After transforming the battle from a bubbling caldera into aerial platform, our heroes had, uh, paused. Because it was late and people needed sleep.

>Atolm and Astarte each deal light damage to the Champion, sealing off her AoOs (though not counters or legendary-reactions). Celisse claws a little into her as well.
>Meanwhile, Freyda holds and readies her actions. Blakely is on his way down and needs a significantly softer fall than his current acceleration and heading would suggest. Living to be brought to justice and all that.
>Moments later, Lameeka uses her Ulama Strike against the Champion
>LEGENDARY REACTION! The Champion counters with a Keijo of her own, and a fatty thunderclap resounds across the skies as cheek and cheek collide!
>The recoil is significant, yet Lameeka's experience and sneak damage edge out; her rear will be marginally less red and sore than a woman twice her size!
>As she slumps down in disarrears, The Champion is caught by Zev, who uses her maidely knowledge to pin her arms behind her back until she cries...
>Uncle. She actually cried uncle. Several remarks may have been made.
>Freyda slowly decelerates and telekinetically captures Blakely, whom at this point is feeling dead inside. The combat ends as the other side is screaming relative.

>(embed) (embed)

>Cont

>It is exposition time. Having lost, The Champion and The Knave are willing to answer some questions. It doesn't help that her own stupid actions nearly killed their own hosts.
>The dragons are annoyed at being referred to as deuteragonists. Some philosophical waxing and waning is had on the subject of being the center of a story. The archetypes explain a little of their origins; such as The Champion being a story by Kronk, who first wrote a tale of a really strong man who wrestled a mammoth for three days and nights before killing it with a rock.
>There's also The Knight, that came thousands of years ago, and may have some records available for the dragons to discover from sometime before a guy named Aroden.
>Guesses are had as to what other archetypes must be. The Dickass Thief? The Slut? The Old Man In The Cave That Gives Advice?
>Atolm assures he can take on The Slut one on one; he's read books so he totally knows what he's supposed to do he says
>Under all this may be a universal force of narrative. But, that's not the summoner now is it.
>The Knave points out some other roles however. Ones not summoned directly to possess, but possibly held by the dragons, in a way. The Witch, The Knight, The Fool, The Maiden, The Wise Man, and The Lover.
>Atolm doesn't get it, and Astarte is assured that the terms are gender neutral
>The possessed knight does not know who summoned them, only that a gaunt bald guy with a jeweled eyepatch and a gnarly cane summoned The Knave, and told them where to find treasure.

Solarian when

I FUCKED IT UP, SHIT!

>It was all part of Sir Cross' plan to start a war with Taldor using the money, so they're a bit miffed at being used maybe. But none of them possessed the little knight girl that slew the dragon... though perhaps the original knight might have enchanted her weapon momentarily.
>Blakely will be tried and interrogated, the dragons assuring the archetypes they'll have plenty of time to ask him questions since there's usually weeks between getting arrested, getting found guilty, and getting executed in public. Or eaten? They're not sure.
>The Champion then gives them a prize: Out of the magma she fashions a belt. A big belt. A big, champion belt.
>Zev puts it on and her maid outfit explodes as she gains a solid inch of muscle everywhere. *EVERYWHERE*. It's an artifact. Slightly meatheadish, but artifact nevertheless. It offers massive strength. She removes it that others may try it on.
>While it's on the ground, Atolm sits in the middle of it.
>Automatic sizing is a thing, but a 50" wrestling belt doesn't even detect the 16" long dragon. He is dejected, and The Champion feels *really* bad.
>It sizes to Celisse, though, who becomes Swole Princess, from that game where little soldiers help them make gains: There will be no cake. For anyone. There will only be salt, and vinegar.

>pgg
sigh

>cont
>The party departs, Celisse carrying a bundle of starving sex-slave girls; at least those who didn't die split-apart or in childbirth.
>Finding a new way through, the dragons arrive at... a kitchen. Within it is a massive, spherical blob, consuming well over 20 meals at once. They have found the dragon's cook. With no one getting the meals away from her for several weeks, she has transformed into the hideous consumptive entity that we see here. Beneath that exterior beats the morbidly overloaded heart of a pre-diabetic kobold girl. And she has a dimensional pantry.
>Hearing that her employer has expired is nothing to her. Cabin-fever has long set in. The leftovers are hers now. All of them. All the leftovers. She escapes into the starry void of the pantry.
>The dragons exit the back door.

If you want to split them again, go ahead. I don't care, but the /sfg/ people are going to show up here anyway, since they can't sustain a thread. That's why we switched back in the first place.

Maybe they can sustain a thread when they have something to actually discuss instead of shitting up /pfg/ with their ERP horseshit.

How about that. How about they talk about Starfinder in the starfinder thread when there's actually something worth talking about.

I never thought I would say this

French

>maid outfit explodes
o h
m y

Would be great. Meanwhile, they'll show up here, and somebody will make it /pfg/ and they'll bitch and moan and shit up the thread regardless. Changing the name isn't going to stop it. But, as I said, feel free to do so. I have no real horse in this race, since the people who frequent /pfg/ shit up the thread with just as much ERP horseshit.

yes but i think /sfg/ was acting as containment for Rory

Classical / Steampunk

WE NEED /SFG/ BACK NOW!

I'm just saying, the first thread we go back to /pgg/ and it goes to shit, and apparently its Rory...

Swimsuit, obviously.

I'm fine with changing it. I only made the new thread this time because nobody else did, and I wasn't doing anything else with my time. If I make it again when this one dies, which is unlikely, I'll make it /pfg/. I don't think changing the name is going to be overly helpful, and I really don't give a fuck about all these namefag celebs everybody loves to hate, but it's also not really harming me to do it, so whatever. More importantly, I'll try to actually delete the fucking (embed) bit. That was pretty pedestrian on my part.

So looking at the Living Grimoire Inquisitor and Cayden Cailean's Blade & Tankard Style, I really want to do a TWF build that's all about bashing fools with a book and tankard. How should I go about it though? I know I could pull off a Strength-based build pretty easily with Artful Dodge to satisfy TWF prereqs (since Living Grimoire uses Int to cast), but that still leaves me with a few empty feats (not to mention all those Teamwork feats, but maybe I'll just take the Preacher archetype too).

You could get a few dirty trick feats to get multiple conditions on an opponent. Blind is pretty good.

Yes.

Trumpets galore.

2hu BTFO yet again

did you say pussy galore?

The two /sfg/ threads we had were very civil and focused on campaigns and the like.

Only thing I was thinking of was combining it with Deadstar and Stars Without Numbers and other science fantasy/fiction systems that can't sustain their own general threads.

You could go Catch Off Guard or take that trait and hit people with a book and not have to lose all your class defining features

this syncs up perfectly with what you want to do

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/fighting-tankard/

As an Eldritch Archer Magus who wants to use a rifle, would it be worth it taking a 1-level dip into Wizard for the Spellslinger archetype?

It frustrates me that Magus doesn't have a gunslinger-type archetype.

Is it wrong for me to look up optimized builds, and create a Zen Archer? I've been told the rest of the group doesn't care about optimization (ie they are unoptimized)

Classical > cyber > miniskirt > chinese > rest, objectively speaking.

Will you be shitting on someone else by doing so? I.e. are there other archers that might feel like you're outshining them with your oddball optimization build?

It might be worth deviating from the optimization build to instead play up something cool, like throwing darts really, really well instead of usurping the bow-style archer in every way, so that his character idea isn't completely shat on.

Being the elven archer in the team and being out-shot with a bow by some eastern psionic monk faggot would suck ass. Broing it up at the back with the backflippin' guy that throws ball-bearings around corners would be awesome.

>Is it wrong
It's not wrong per see, I just feel like if you're following a guide to the letter in order to optimize with no regard for roleplaying in a group where everyone else is expressly not really optimized is a bit of a nigger thing to do, yeah.

Honestly, don't bother, the two archetypes abilities aren't really compatible, the Spellslinger specifically lets you fire beams through the gun, while the eldritch archer lets you deliver stuff via bullets, you're losing out on the best part of spellslinger (3x spellcrits) for basically just a bonus feat of EWP firearms. Better to just be a human or a half-elf or something.

That's because spellslinger is pure magus style gunfighter.

Do one or the other, unless you need the magus levels to manage spellstrike.

Spellstrike doesn't even work with the Spellslinger's arcane gun, so its actually worthless.

I might just homebrew a magus archetype that combines them, or perhaps create some magus arcana that caters to gunslinging. Can't really theorycraft then, though, without a DM, and I never have a game.

It would work for the gunslinger's pistolwhip deed, user, but otherwise you are correct.

If its any consolation, the magus, guns, and the spellslinger itself are all abominations of design that should have never seen the light of day

Nonsense. Gish have been a thing since AD&D and Magus at least was the best attempt at it so far. Forcing concentration checks and a bad arcana list were design faults, but phantom Weapon spiritualist is a strict upgrade (inflict wounds and harm make for great spellstrikes).

>magus
>a good attempt

hahahaha

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?478211-Staff-and-Gun-a-miniguide-to-the-Eldritch-Gunslinger-(or-How-to-be-Harry-Dresden)

If you're going that route, someone actually made a guide for it. Not sure if it's worth anything, but it can still be a good reference point.

Compared to all the others before it, it's the best yet.

4e not withstanding, since every class is effectively a gish in 4e.

>Championship Belt.

>Wearers of this belt now have double their strength score after modifiers from any source. (A score of 18 is now 32. Bull's strength +4 is effectively +8 now, ect.)

>Mind of the champion: Can no longer take 10 or twenty on any check that does not involve strength. mental based skills take a -4 penalty

>Absurd strength: Once a week, The wearer of the belt can perform an absurd feat of strength that defies physics. This can replicate any effect, so long as the way the feat of strength is described is sufficiently absurd. (ex. Pulling thin air to reverse gravity, Ripping open a door to create a dimensional gateway, smashing coal to fabricate diamonds. )

but the bloodrager, warpriest, and various 3pp are way better gishes

Hell, the DUSKBLADE from 3.5 was a better gish than the Magus EVER was.

The Magus is actually a TERRIBLE gish, because the whole thing with gishes was that they SELF BUFFED with spells and then smashed face, while all the magus can do is shocking grasp

Once again, the 3.5 Duskblade was better at this, and could still do shocking grasp memes.

The people that defend the magus as being a good gish are people who have no idea was a fucking gish is, just like you.

i mean 36

>magus can only do shocking grasp meme
More like you're a purposefully ignorant memeposter who doesn't actually read the spell list available to magus and assumes damage>anything in their list, which is utterly untrue.

BLADED DAAAAAASH

Isn't that stupidly strong?

Uhh. user.

Shocking grasp is literally the spell that a somewhat optimized magus has to use, that's like, one move. Yeah it has a few others spells but the majority of what it does is throw intensified shocking grasps around.

Additionally, you ignored the earlier point of what a gish actually is, as well as refutation of the magus being a the best designed gish yet with the 3.5 Duskblade in existence.

Touch of Idiocy
Blade Tutor
Flight+Tactical Acumen

And they do have a bunch of self buffs compared to when they first came out in addition to the 'miss me' spells such as blur, displacement, mirror image, etc. Add that to having battefield control spells they can actually cast in addition to full attacking, and they're effectively doing the jobs of two characters.

But hey, if you can't see past shocking grasp memes, more power to you, I guess.

I want to make actual use of Chill Touch someday.

Is that on the magus list?

> Anyone who wears the belt becomes extremely swole.
> Swole Freyda. ..
> Swole LAMEEKA

that's a cool mug

Yes, they have utility, but the truth is, you will -always- come back to your BBC god Shocking grasp, because you simply cannot do damage without it.

and damage is god in pathfinder

The muscle girl infection is affecting us all. it is a glorious pain

is the /y/ meta dead for good?

No I wouldn't say that. Muscle love spans both genders. you can't tell me that a young sorceress being held into the strong arms of a muscular Barbarian lady isn't hot as hell

... so the /y/ meta is dead then

Oh that's a y... not a u...

I doubt /y/ was even a blip on the radar. A pleasing ghost

:-:

>you can't tell me that a young sorceress being held into the strong arms of a muscular Barbarian lady isn't hot as hell
>tfw this is exactly happening in my group's game right now and I'm playing the sorceress

Friendly reminder that Iron Waifus is currently recruiting: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods

Yes. and it can be used as part of a spellstrike for as many rounds as you have levels.

>damage is god
>stat damage isn't any good
>save or lose isn't any good
>Pathfinder
You what? Dude, Magus gets several save or lose, and Hexcrafter Magus gets 90% of all the most powerful save or lose that you can tack on to spellstrikes even when they're not touch attack spells.

God damn, that shocking grasp meme really did fuck your head up.

But he's right, Shocking grasp memes are actually stronger than the stat damage and curses the majority of the time because its 100% reliable.

Anyone got that image of the blonde woman with the staff and enormousmhips that gets posted frequently? Image is of her back, with her head looking over?

>touch of idiocy
>no save
>ray of enfeeblement
>no save
>ray of exhaustion save still =fatigued
Oh. Okay. Sure.

It's ok user, only strangers and failures at life saw your mistake.

je t'aime.

Are those the giant warriors from Nausicaa?

I don't think heads bend that way.

>4 to stability
kek

Shouldn't a Paladin fall for being all decked in magic items and expensive weapons/armors isntead of selling them and give his gold to those in need?

Shouldn't a DM lose all his players for pulling something like that?

Which are good arrays for 25 point buy?

If, and is a big if, I go that route I will give the player the Automatic Bonus Progression

No. All that magic gear is going to a VERY good cause: kicking evil's ass. A god would be 100% stupid if they had their paladins fall because they had usable gear, or die for nothing because they would have fallen of they had actual level appropriate equipment.

I don't think he should anyway. Firstly, 'giving to those in need' is a good way to make them 'need' tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after. Secondly, he personally needs that gear to fight the demon hordes.
Sure, if he retires and he keeps them around hanging on the wall as trophies, maybe. But during the adventure? No.

No, if a paladin cannot protect the people, what good is their money? His armor and sword are the protectors of society, and the stronger they are, the greater the effectiveness of the paladin as a bulwark against evil, their first duty.

Greed could make one fall, but wisely spent wealth to increase ones strength is not only prudent, but moral

paladins aren't stupid

you'd be surprise

Yis

Question how long would it take to get from Iadara to Absalom by boat?

>By boat
Kek, my char probably would make that in less than an hour (tfw moving at mach 1)

Yes.

How do scrolls work RAW specifically emulating a class feature? ie can a fighter without a caster level/spell list brute force a scroll through the two UMD checks?

Yes. It only requires one check, however, since the check allows you to emulate all applicable class features at once. You're basically 'bluffing' the scroll into believing you are a caster of your character level with that spell in your list. Mind you, if your "CL" isn't high enough, that could still result in a backfire or worse.

Which would the single roll fall under in that case, emulating a class feature aka UMD-20? Or would it just be an activate scroll check DC=20+CL followed by the CL check to complete the cast?

That's not really much of a compensation for stripping away all his class features. No paladin is sworn to a vow of poverty, nor should any good god's code require him to parade around for all twenty levels in his starting equipment.

If you're going to be a dick about it, though, I guess we can't stop you.

Firstly, no, because paladins are holy *warriors.* The expectation, as many anons have said, is that they fight the forces of evil. Many of them DO tithe part of their earnings to temples of their deities that they find in their travels, but if you read the class it's not a requirement.

Secondly, "selling their good shit and giving the gold to those in need" isn't even required of priests and clerics, both of whom work more closely with congregations than paladins do. Where's the demand that priests and clerics abandon worldly goods?

Finally, a paladin only falls if he or she willingly commits an "evil act," which "keeping his or her equipment in tip-top shape" is most definitely not. People who seek to make paladins fall for the most trivial bullshit are people who don't actually understand the class and are more interested in shitting on their players than delivering a good game.

I'd inform him first that he's in the path of falling by acumulating all that wealth, not out right making fall

It's just that it feels weird, the player is pretty greedy but I have to differenciate between the player and the PC. I was asking as an hypothetical

Ungermaw meta now.

>I'd inform him first that he's in the path of falling by acumulating all that wealth, not out right making fall

That's still not a very good plan. PF's mores and ethics are different from our own. If the paladin killed some homeless schmuck who begged for coppers to eat dinner for that night, that'd make him fall, sure; but there's nothing inherently PF-Evil in collecting equipment and cash money.

I'm trying to convert my old shifter barb/warshaper/weretouched master, from 1 to 100 how hard is going to be? Is there a way to get reliable fast healing 2 that isn't magic items of a friend casting a spell on me? beyond 1 bite and 2 claws is there a way to get other natural attacks as a cat like shifter? I was a Whirling Frenzy barb (extra attack on rage)

.....here, let me copy paste the information on UMD under 'use a scroll' that is on the PF SRD you can take 15 seconds to goole.

>Use a Scroll: Normally, to cast a spell from a scroll, you must have the scroll’s spell on your class spell list. Use Magic Device allows you to use a scroll as if you had a particular spell on your class spell list. The DC is equal to 20 + the caster level of the spell you are trying to cast from the scroll. In addition, casting a spell from a scroll requires a minimum score (10 + spell level) in the appropriate ability. If you don’t have a sufficient score in that ability, you must emulate the ability score with a separate Use Magic Device check. This use of the skill also applies to other spell completion magic items.

So, if you have a high enough score, you make the UMD roll, against a DC of 20+ the Caster Level of the spell. If you succeed, the you cast the spell off the scroll just as if you were a xcasdter and had the spell on your caster list. If you fail nothign happens and the scroll is unused. If you roll a 1, you have to wait 24 hours to try again with that scroll.

You're fucking welcome, you goddamn illiterate retard.

Swallow buildings whole then spit them out! Deal 160 d6 damage! !

Honestly what is the fucking dealio with people lately coming into the thread who can't fucking read the fucking rules