What would be some of the reasons why an adventuring party would decide to live together?

What would be some of the reasons why an adventuring party would decide to live together?

All of them being hobos or having wierd demands?

Save in expenses.

One is a Thrallherd, one is a Vampire, one is a wizard skilled in Enchantment, the other is a bard.

They all have high libido.

Saves money. And pooling your resources can get you better digs too.

They form a guild together.
Or
They live in a security outpost, protecting their favorite city and training the guards in their off time.

They grew up in an orphanage together and when they came of age, they set out to make their fortune

How do people feel about high costing resources for the party? In my setting, I typically convert the listed prices from gold/silver/copper to pound/shilling/pence, imagine in a setting equivalent to the 1850s, then set the price in what would be the equivalent in the modern day.

Things cost about as much as they realistically would.

They geniunely like each other?

Nah I'm just shitting you, they're dirt poor.

They need money, they like each other, love each other, plan together for future mission, are magically tied together and grow weaker when away from each other, are chronically ill and do not want to move away from the one party member that can create the medicine they regulary need to take, they are actually imprisoned somewhere

Like in the group you posted, the adventurers are a group of freaks and the only people that can tolerate them are each other.

It's an ERPG, and fuckery should be available for all.

>magically tied together and grow weaker when apart
I like that. Provides a reason for them to work together while also providing an overarching goal for the campaign to lift it.

Living expenses, or just freeloading with the one who owns property.

Otherwise, Shadowrun road trip in a campervan.

They want someone who knows what to do when low magic fantasy Europe ninjas slip through the windows.

In Shadowrun my character Giorgio was a world famous race car driver with the maximum lifestyle represented by the floor plan for real life penthouse "Palazzo de Oro." Over time most of the party started either living there officially or in all but name since we had an extremely pissed off, well connected vampire looking for us after we failed a run to kill him, not knowing he wasn't mundane. Max lifestyle gets you an insane level of security, space, and comforts. It was a lot of fun while it lasted.

The party in my current campaign has a combination of comradery through their adventures, and terrible paranoia that anyone that isn't them is out to get them.

So they've more or less pooled their resources, live together, and act like a family. They fight a lot, but they also band together against anything that threatens any of them.

>The party has agreed to go apartment hunting downtown
>No one can reach a compromise on what sort of apartment they want
>The thief favors the one that's in the most run down section of town because the loose floorboards and holes in the wall are wonders for hiding all sorts of goodies
>The elf can't be seen in a hovel that doesn't supply filtered spring water and won't even budge if there's not an inch of hardwood flooring
>The fighter wants a pizza oven...just because
>The wizard demands a private walk-in closet for his arrangements of fancy robes and funny hats and floppy shoes, a designated library room for his Encyclopedia Arcanica collection, and a breakfast nook so they all could discuss happenings and world events at the start of their day together

We've had more than one assassination attempt on us so partly we do it out of safety.

My character is also fabulously wealthy and pays for everybody else to have nice digs because it's a good idea to make sure your friends have a nice place to live.

Rising housing prices force them to pitch in for a studio apartment. Hiding the fact there are three or four tenants who aren't on the lease from the landlord becomes a major campaign point.

I play games to escape from real life tho

What if one of them wants a servant?

Splitting the rent

Why not? Even today roommates are still a thing. I imagine it was a lot more common in the past. Fictional example but Sherlock and Watson started out as roommates when they were both adults. I think Watson only moved out after getting married.

No need to be redundant.

They're cheap bastards

adventures would have a sense of each others skill sets and various CHR stats, thus min maxing the house and social life.

What happened to the penthouse, user? And what were the other runners?

By pooling 1 or 2 each into the shared background you can get something much, much better than what one person alone could get for the investment.

Sweaty orgies

They're the slaves of one of the adventurers.

Wizard and Fighter have their shit together.

Because houseboats are radical, but money to get one, ability to run a boat, and ability to take care of a home are all divided among them.

convenience, if they need to go on another quest they can easily get together why try new people if you already know each others strengths and weaknesses (good for the harder quests)
splitting the money is easy instead of deciding who gets what they put it all in one house instead of 4 smaller (hobo huts) houses and use it on food and the rest is then split

they shared camps together so whats the difference in a house and this way they will have more money to spend on their own goods instead of all going into 4 houses tho that 1 big house might cost the same

We're not letting him sublet. We're dividing rent and utilities evenly. Don't think servants will let you pay less than us.

They have no choice - no one else will live next to them, and the number of former adventurer-current landlords who will rent out to murderhobos prone to leaving at strange hours of the night, causing random explosions, and bringing *that* thing home is very low.

That last step seems like a ton of work for very little benefit.

Considering all they've been through together, they're family now. Romance may be blossoming between certain party members, and having them live together platonically is both adorably awkward and provides opportunities for shenanigans. The fighter is a hothead with no sense of self-preservation and the cleric is the only one who can stop him from breaking his neck.

Alternatively, they don't all live in the same house, but live in the same apartment building or all live on the same street, so there's lots of popping in for chats or dinner parties, staying up late and sleeping in each others' spare rooms, stumbling home from the bar and crashing in whichever house is closest. Damn, I really love family dynamics.

>magically tied together and grow weaker when apart
I want to use it, but who would cast a spell like that on the party?

Aqua's gap game is too strong

That picture could also be called nanoha.jpg.

On topic, because they all live on the same space ship together. Rogue Trader ftw.

I like this a lot, but I think the best way to make this whole currency system at least *somewhat* reliable is by using the dollar as a base.
>1 cp is 1 dollar
>100 cp = 1 sp = 100 dollars
>100 sp = 1 gp = 10,000 dollars
It goes a long way towards explaining exactly how filthy rich some people can get. And of course the lower classes would still be a lot richer than they were in the past, and they'd be more towards what today's lower classes are like (after all expenses they have about 100 dollars of pocket cash left). It would allow DMs to better estimate what things not defined in the DMG would cost, and would also emphasie how expensive armor can get. It's no longer "just" 20 gp, because we now know how much 20 gp is worth in that setting. It would also explain why most soldiers still use chainmail even though full plate is a thing.

...so a chain shirt costs 1 million dollars?

They're friends, they know and got used to each other, they cooperate well so they can as well hang around in the same place and split the bill.

Yeah, prices should have to be adjusted accordingly, with Chain shirts probably costing a dozen sp instead. This would also make cp and sp relevant, rather than shit nobody cares about because all expenses are in gp anyway.

It's a VERY fancy chain shirt. With a comfy, colorful gambeson in a set to prevent chaffing! Gambeson has a popular brand logo on it, too!

I wish I lived next to a such a cool lich like Wiz! The stuff at her store is great and she never has a bad idea!

>this green man didn't train himself to be the strongest fighter in the world
>this green man doesn't go around raping women
My green man is broken. I want a refund.

Tax evasion.

Because they have nowhere else to go.

>Alternatively, they don't all live in the same house, but live in the same apartment building or all live on the same street, so there's lots of popping in for chats or dinner parties, staying up late and sleeping in each others' spare rooms, stumbling home from the bar and crashing in whichever house is closest. Damn, I really love family dynamics.
I really like this idea and how easily it could turn into Fantasy F.R.I.E.N.D.S

>(after all expenses they have about 100 dollars of pocket cash left).
damn, you americans really are rich

>being a wagecuck
Should have become an adventurer

Why does that make a difference?

>Pic
Those are the kind of player characters who give the rest of us a bad reputation as careless murderhobos.

What about crits?

Going outside means facing hordes and hordes of monsters until you get to the next town over

So they can observe a watch rotation even during downtime for one thing. A high enough level party will probably have assassins crawling up their assholes every hour so they will constantly need to keep their guard up.

They're all fucking.

Just like in your 18th century English Gothic novels.

I should do that in my campaign.

They're really codependant. Alternatively, they're into polyamory.

Same thing.

>and she never has a bad idea!
What about standing too near to Aqua over and over?

I like the idea of having a "home base" to return to in between big legs of the journey. Memorable NPC's with dumb little side missions, house he various vagabonds and people with nowhere to go that you rescue, a place to bunker down if for some reason you know you'll have to defend yourself soon. Stuff like that.

Cheaper than living separately.

That sounds both fun and comfy. I might put that in too.

Magi-A.I. that automatically does this sort of thing due to the assumption that all those are slaves as a means of making it harder for them to escape, or very constrictive marriage spell?

>depends_on_the_setting.jpg

Usually the number #1 henchman of your BBEG.

What I would like to know is, what possible reason could there be for samurai in L5R to not commit seppuku after being cursed like that?

...god damn it, stuff like this makes me want to live in the world of Pokemon. Running around catching super-powered animals, living with them and coexisting with them, and the worst criminals around are easily defeated by 10-year-olds.

I'd be a bitchin' Gym Leader, or maybe just go to Pokemon Paris with my camera and be a Pokephotographer.

They are all of the Jewish faith and want to save their sheckels on rent.

Or you can just buy a kotatsu, anime posters, colorful IKEA furniture, and a bunch of plushies.

The same fucking reasons everyone else might live together. Saving money and resources. Safety in numbers. And I know, it's totally unconceivable und unrealistic, but has it occured to you that some people might actually like each other well enough to want to live together?