Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

old bread Do you allow legacy warscrolls in your games?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow&ved=0ahUKEwiOp9qO2fvUAhUCID4KHWHvDkYQFggeMAA&usg=AFQjCNE6G2RqpLljlSZBkxVh0-mSPj4-_A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow).
google.ru/search?q=gyrocopters&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie4_i13_vUAhWpZpoKHVzfARMQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=971
google.com.au/search?q=gyrocopter warhammer&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU731AU731&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizsMqw5_vUAhXCpZQKHR2uCkcQ_AUIBigB&biw=1745&bih=864#imgrc=wbxiPFJO-WEJrM
imgur.com/a/ioFiW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

posting one such compendium warscroll which doesn't even appear in the GHB (it lists "Lord of Chaos" which is a totally different warscroll with a different weapons and a different command ability)

How are the beastmen doing in aos? I painted up a brey shaman because I thought he looked cool and am now considering getting more. I love the minis and I'm fine with playing a challengeing army but getting shit on every game wouldn't be fun.

>MFW ghb2 comes out

Pure beastmen/Brayherds are pretty fast and can hit hard but lack synergy with other chaos factions.

Tzaangors are really awesome models and good units, but they do not have the Brayherd keyword.

You can of course mix with other chaos factions anyway, if you feel that there is some need in your army that Brayherds can't address.

What did GW mean by this?

>but getting shit on every game wouldn't be fun.
Play Tzeench arcanites with tzangors

Looking to start a new order army or expand one of mine, I've got a few ideas and I'm split. Either I go dorfs, or I ally in battlemages with an army. Wat do?

Oh yay so goblins werent squatted.

Time to get back into Warhammer!

Players to be like:

There's this one dude who goes to my local GW who runs nothing but Tzeentch SoD. Each hero/ monster model is beautifully converted (for example, his giant has a giant mouth and tongue in its abdomin and gave it a giant horned helm), and everything is beautifully painted and based. He doesn't use any of the new skyfire stuff. While he may not win games as much as he would with the new Tzeentch stuff, he still loves his army and puts time and effort into every model, so that everything fits the classic chaos warriors look while still keeping aspects of Tzeentch.

I swear, this guy is like the perfect ideal wargamer.

So the final week of my skirmish campaign is coming. Since I joined late, I'm currently only using 30 points, but over these last two weeks I saved up 16 more.

Currently I'm using:
>plague priest
-helm of authority (inspirational fighter)
-merciless killer
>14 plague monks

What should I add now? I'm doing my best to stick to skaven. I've got 16 points to fill.

So how much excitement and community engagement will the release of new elves for AOS inevitably bring? Options for answers range from: a lot, to the most exciting thing since the game launched. I am personally leaning towards the later. Even if you hate elves, and I realize some of you do, you have to realize that people will come out of the woodwork to buy and play Aelves.

>army only consists of brand new units and models, making old models useless

whats wrong with that? I would buy that. I already painted everything I own and literally nothing right now is even interesting. I am ready to slap down some cash for a brand new stand alone Aelves army.

>that guy obsessed with khorne

Eh?

I just feel like some of the old elf players would feel disenfranchised, which would limit the population of fantasy players coming over.

cause it says "players be like:" so i thought i would say what one player was like.

Days players TO be like. As in to strive to be like in terms of passion and sportsmanship.

whatever, people still play FreeGuild even though SC basically makes them obsolete. New Aelves can exist along side old playable Elf units.

I hope GW retcon some of the fluff from AoS and brings out a new Edition to start a hype for the game like they did with 40k.

My slaanesh army is like that

Soon

Oh, you're that user. I love your army. Seen pics of it on here before.

Same here; Although, I have my stuff on Square bases, so I can play multiple games. I play undead primarily, along with undead Seraphon, looted from the ruins of a crashed temple ship.

Got any pics of your undead lizards?

>There are morons in this thread right now who legitimately thought GW was going to squat Night Goblins

i just bought a Arkanaut Company of the new Kharadron Overlords. this is my first Sigmar anything because I've only played 40k(Iron Hands) until I saw these models and thought they looked awesome. Are they an army worth building? I'm not a poorfag by any means, but if they're not good on the tabletop, I think I'll just finish painting these cause I think they look cool and never touch them again.

I was worried as they have always bnern my fave. Gobbos in warhammer, gobbos in blood bowl. I even use a squig hopper as my head coach (me).

Relieved and since im tradhing 3/4 opf my old models and this system doesnt require me to get 100 or more gobbos for an ok sized army, im pretty happy to start up a small 500.

They were just reboxing. It's just that some faggot in here sees "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" or "SOLD OUT ONLINE" and then starts doomsaying that whatever it is is being squatted from the game.
It blows my mind, especially with how popular Night Goblins of all things have been and how distinctly Warhammer they are.

Ask and ye shall recieve

Case in point - a NG squig list just won heat 3 of the UK GT.

Yeah but despite the fact the player won it's not a good list because he didn't table his opponents turn 2 and he played the objectives in an objective based strategy game.

>mfw faggots actually think this

Yup. Not all armies are meant to simply table. Anyone who played WHFB for any length of time should know that.

Freeguild when

What? They were never squatted they've had rules for fucking ages. The only difference is you're not forced to play them as an Orc and Goblins army. You can just play them as Goblins.

>mfw Freeguild Swordsmen have a better save and are likely to do more damage than Saurus Warriors

Baffling desu.

REEEEE! I asked GW for rules for Grumlok and Gazbag and they said they'd do it but I don't see anything. They're doing a FAQ soon as well. So I suspect it's for the GHB2. I'd ask you guys to go to their Facebook page and ask for Grumlok and Gazbag rules but I have a feeling these threads are deader than my soul.

Exactly. GW had their perfect chance to get rid of unwanted factions when they discontinued tomb kings and brets, and made the switch from compendium to Grand Alliance books.

I'm confident that anything that made it into a Grand Alliance book (and also got a new name for AoS) isn't going to be squatted; it might be ignored for a long time, but definitely not squatted.

>Baffling desu

Moustaches > star lizards.

>old elf players would feel disenfranchised
And nothing value was lost
No seriously, guys who love old models and armies were told ot fuck off 3 years ago
>old Elfs
>playable

>; it might be ignored for a long time, but definitely not squatted.
So we can treat to fantasycucks like another kind of SoBfags (aka inferior bu annoying minority of people who refusing to support the game)

>whatever, people still play FreeGuild even though SC basically makes them obsolete.
And someone plays Nids or Orks, so what?

Not everyone who wants legacy armies updated doesn't also support the game and want new armies ya cunt.

I see you're still using the same picture with the same confused Bloodreaver/marauder on the left edge

>new armies
Oh, I want them too, NEW armies, not old ugly models. Something like Skitarii or Scions to represent free people.

With how they chopped up some of the legacy factions, they'll basically be entirely new armies when they get new stuff.
Like firebellies or the entirety of death other than FEC

So we have no reasons to argue, since both of us agreed that Legacy armies should be phased out and replaced by new one

Uh, no. I was saying that some almost entirely new factions will technically be legacy too since they have like, one or two models that are legacy.
Like how sylvaneth and ironjawz are

>will technically be legacy
Nope.
>Like how sylvaneth and ironjawz are
Mostly it's a new models, and none using old ugly models

No they should not be replaced by new armies, the factions should be updated with current fluff and new model ranges where needed. For example Gutbusters is a pretty fleshed out faction unit wise that has already appeared in fluff but they need new hero figs.

That being said, I also like getting entirely new armies like kharadrons etc. But I don't want AoS to become all magitech like you seem to be implying with your 40k references.

>the factions should be updated with current fluff
Except old armies doesn't have fluff outside their compendiums where all of them descirbed as npc/local police forces, not an actual armies.
>For example Gutbusters is a pretty fleshed out faction unit wise that has already appeared in fluff but they need new hero figs.
They were only mentioned, not developed in fluff.
>But I don't want AoS to become all magitech like you seem to be implying with your 40k references.
But it's already full magitech/high-fantasy 40k

>Except old armies doesn't have fluff outside their compendiums where all of them descirbed as npc/local police forces, not an actual armies.
Over generalization. Maybe that's Freeguild and Dispossessed. Plenty of other factions have alternate agendas.

>They were only mentioned, not developed in fluff.
That's my point. They're in the stories. Let us know whatsd going on with them.

>But it's already full magitech/high-fantasy 40k
No. No it's not. Skyre and Kharadrons are kind of techy. That's about it. Everyone else is using magic, simple machine tech or black powder.

>Maybe that's Freeguild and Dispossessed.
And aelves.
>That's my point. They're in the stories. Let us know whatsd going on with them.
Agree, but my point was that, they aren't well developed right now, so GW still have place to give a lot of new lore and models.
>No. No it's not. Skyre and Kharadrons are kind of techy.
And all who came from Azyrheim, humans living in giant high-tech metropolices and using modern weapon and military structure.

>who refusing to support the game

How are they refusing to support the game? I didn't start playing freeguild til AoS came out, and that's all $$$ that went to GW.

>54228768

>old ugly models

I'd totally get your perspective if someone dumped a bunch of the old monopose empire state troops on the board, but most of the range really isn't that old, or ugly for that matter. The state troops and handgunner sculpts could maybe do with an overhaul (there's a lot of clutter on the models), but demigryph knights, the general on griffon, and greatswords, the war altar of sigmar and many others are all pretty bomb-ass sculpts. They already discontinued basically every empire model that was really old (knightly orders and named finecast characters amongst them), before renaming them freeguild.

I know you might prefer it otherwise, the whole setting can't just be like 40k. I agree it would be cool to have handgunners with some of the aesthetic of the skitarii ranger's rifles, but if you do that with every element of them, you just have human versions of kharadron overlords (I'm totally okay with a flying marienburg-landship-style airship tho).

And sure, kharadrons have advanced weaponry, but their whole range is based around the Unobtainium trope (i.e. aether-gold is to kharadron overlords like warpstone is to skaven). You'd need to invent another unobtainium and I really doubt GW would double up their themes that much.

>How are they refusing to support the game?
Because GW counting on new models, not all WHFB models from the stocks.
>The state troops and handgunner sculpts could maybe do with an overhaul (there's a lot of clutter on the models), but demigryph knights, the general on griffon, and greatswords, the war altar of sigmar and many others are all pretty bomb-ass sculpts.
They are old, their design is ugly.
>the whole setting can't just be like 40k
Why?
>You'd need to invent another unobtainium
Why? Internal combustion engines already exist.

>, not old
phonefix

>And aelves.
Well looks like generic high elves are more or less getting the boot leaving Phoenix, White Lions and Swifthawk. Not really sure about DE but seems like they're still degenerates. Wanderers are off doing magical waystones stuff.

>Agree, but my point was that, they aren't well developed right now, so GW still have place to give a lot of new lore and models.
I'm ok with that as long as they don't kill the core aesthetic/appeal of the army. Once again to use Gutbusters, they're big, dumb, angry ogres who want to eat literally everything and worship the great maw/use gut magic. Keep that stuff the same and fit them into the fluff however. Just pike with Savage Orcs and Beastclaw.

>And all who came from Azyrheim, humans living in giant high-tech metropolices and using modern weapon and military structure.
Just cause Azyrheim looks fancy as fuck doesn't mean everything is high tech. Look at the SCE. Forged by Grungni, a dwarven blacksmith god, and imbued with Sigmar's magical essence. They're medieval "space marines" using magic and magically enhanced weapons, not fancy technology.

>Well looks like generic high elves are more or less getting the boot leaving Phoenix, White Lions and Swifthawk.
Nope, read Highborne compendium.
>Just cause Azyrheim looks fancy as fuck doesn't mean everything is high tech.
Azyrheim are litertally home of all non-Chaos mortals, so it's shows tech-level of freeguilds and other.
>not fancy technology.
But they are using technology, look at their ranged units

Repeater crossbows are not high tech.

>are not high tech.
Yeah because it was such a common thing in medieval times, just like plasmaguns shooting thunder and lightings

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow&ved=0ahUKEwiOp9qO2fvUAhUCID4KHWHvDkYQFggeMAA&usg=AFQjCNE6G2RqpLljlSZBkxVh0-mSPj4-_A

>plasmaguns shooting thunder and lightings
>using magic and magically enhanced weapons

>China
>15 century
>medieval
kek
It's not enhanched by magic, it's clear magitech

Don't be a jackass. It was invented in like 200AD. And medieval doesn't just mean europe.

>giant high-tech metropolices

A retarded generalisation that you just won't let die. Firstly, there's nothing high-tech about it even azyrheim. There's a lot that's magical about it, but don't confuse the two. Azyrheim is the biggest and best city, located in the celestial realm, the very same place where sigmar resides. It's not even close to being comparable to the other cities. You are literally comparing the setting's version of heaven to it's version of earth; that's retarded. Even cities that aim to be like azyrheim (hammerhal, excelsior) only manage a small portion of it's grandeur.

>modern weapon and military structure

Do I have to debunk this absolute horseshit for the 40th time?

Let's talk about "modern weapons" first:

Even the goddamn palantine guard in city of secrets, who literally guard the city's equivalent of a president used rapiers and halberds. The regiments of freeguild likewise used ordinary weapons; swords, shields, spears and halberds. The handgunners used blackpowder weapons. The steam tank used steam power, and the aircorps was composed of duardin gyrocopters. This is not new. This is no more "high tech" than the old world.

Now lets talk about "military structure":

The only difference between structure in WFB and this is the dwarf artillery and war machines are combined with the empire artillery and warmachines. That's fucking nothing. Even in WFB, other cities often worked alongside allied artillery crews from nuln and similar places. The only change is that freeguild can have dwarf war machines alongside them, and vice versa. As for the armoured division you'll no doubt bring up, you can't even field that on the tabletop in matched play. Ironweld arsenal, like collegiate arcane, is meant to be allied to other factions, exactly as before in WFB.

Yes, yes it was you absolute dumbfuck . The medieval chinese had a repeating crossbow: (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow).

Like GW never did that. 5th ed Lizardmen looked completely different to 6+ ed lizardmen.

>It's not enhanched by magic, it's clear magitech
>clear
You wish. It's ambiguous at best, and that's just in regards to the thunderbolt crossbow. Lets take a look at some other magical weapons of the stormcast.

>Shockbolt Bow
>"the bolt explodes into a storm of lightning"
Here we have a normal looking arrow exploding into lightning. That's magic with no tech involved.

>Stormcall Javelin
>"the javelin calls down a bolt of lightning"
Here the attack doesn't even come from the weapon. It literally summons the lightning from somewhere else. Magic with no tech.

And lets not forget how there is artwork where stormcasts weapons are wreathed in lightning. The very same weapons that have zero indication of any sort techy components and as such appear as a mundane weapon.

>Yes, yes it was you absolute dumbfuck . The medieval chinese had a repeating crossbow: (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow).
In a setting where steam tanks, cannons, and flying machines exist, a repeater crossbow is not high tech.

>And medieval doesn't just mean europe.
Okay any other signs of Medieval China in SCE design?
>A retarded generalisation
Because..?
>Firstly, there's nothing high-tech about it even azyrheim.
>hive city builded from gold and other metall
>version of heaven
We talking about Azyrheim,l not about Sigmarion.
>Do I have to debunk this absolute horseshit for the 40th time?
You may try, but please, bring some arguments this time.
>Even the goddamn palantine guard in city of secrets, who literally guard the city's equivalent of a president used rapiers and halberds.
So as Astra Millitarum.
>The handgunners used blackpowder weapons.
So what? Blackpowder weapon from XV-XVI centuries, different from second half of XIX.
>gyrocopters
google.ru/search?q=gyrocopters&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie4_i13_vUAhWpZpoKHVzfARMQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=971
Loos pretty modern for me.
>The only difference between structure in WFB and this is the dwarf artillery and war machines are combined with the empire artillery and warmachines
Nope, in City of Secrets we see straight differentiation of millitary units by their roles, separated infantry regiments, armoured divisions, air forces, nothing like Empire, where all were melted in one army.
It's sign of much more modern (high-tech by fantasy standart) society, much closer to modern millitary or to Astra Millitarum.
>That's magic with no tech involved.
[citation needed]
>Here the attack doesn't even come from the weapon. It literally summons the lightning from somewhere else.
So something inside the weapon summons the lighting, how it's not mechanism?

Also, we already knew that Stormcasts using equivalent of wortex-grenades

If anybody has the grand alliance Destruction book, can he/she please take a picture of the gutbusters entry for me.

>[citation needed]
>It's not enhanched by magic, it's clear magitech
[citation needed]
>So something inside the weapon summons the lighting, how it's not mechanism?
>warriors forged and imbued with the pure essence of azyr
>wielding armor and weapons made of magical metal that is bonded to each individuals very being
>must be mechanical
You don't honestly believe that, right?

>>must be mechanical
It's mechanical if it's using some unnatural rraits of sigmsrite.

Just ignore him man. He either hasn't actually read all the fluff or is just a dick. Probably both.

The only one I didn't mind being changed was the Stegadon. The 5th edition (or was it 4th?) was great. But the one we got and still have is too.

Gutbusters? That's just a type of Ogre now. Maneaters, Beastclaw Riders and Gutbusters. There is no unit called Gutbusters. There is a formation; but not a unit.

Looks like it's either the Slav or Carnac.

>at best a 6ft tall man is somehow tougher and stronger than a minimum 7ft tall biologically created soldier whose sole purpose was to fight and is now a fucking daemon so is even more resilient to damage lizardmen

I mean, I know why. Gotta balance due to default 10 Bravery being great. But! Corpseater Courts or whatever they're called, their default basic troops are Ghouls I think. They have 10 Bravery and do more damage (and might have a better save) than Saurus Warriors. Saurus Warriors are a sad niche where they're able to go against certain elites slightly better due to ignoring Rend. But are completely reliant on +1 armour buff. Much better to go with Saurus Guard and get 1+ armour save (and yes it is worth it in match play as well, it means a -3 Rend will be 4+ rather than 5+).

Shame the worse thing bout Seraphon is the god awful art.

>Carnac

>Enter a thread. First thing I see is people trying besmirch my reputation

You guys deserve the Slav.

>Shame the worse thing bout Seraphon is the god awful art.
Except it's good

>chaos fangirl
>reputation

Sorry mate, I disagree.

Hey I did say it was either of them you fucking mong. Calm down, sensitive. Who dropped rocks in your cereal?

Either? How is it either? It's pretty obvious. You are dumb, son.

Get out of my thread.

>hive city builded from gold and other metall

That's a baseless assertion. Azyr-style buildings are made from stone, often with a metal dome. These are not high-tech materials. Also learn english ffs. It's pretty tiring replying to someone with the language skills of a young child.

>arguments this time

So as Astra Millitarum.

In addition to your ignorance about repeating crossbows, do you really also know what a halberd is? It's a polearm, a combination of spear and battleaxe. Is that modern to you?

>So what? Blackpowder weapon from XV-XVI centuries, different from second half of XIX.

You're saying factions from azyrheim used "modern" or "high tech" weaponry. Blackpowder is NOT modern you dumbfuck. It's not even advanced to the point of using anything resembling a modern bullet. Blackpowder weapons use lead balls and gunpowder which have to be manually loaded in a specific order.

>gyrocopters
google.com.au/search?q=gyrocopter warhammer&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU731AU731&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizsMqw5_vUAhXCpZQKHR2uCkcQ_AUIBigB&biw=1745&bih=864#imgrc=wbxiPFJO-WEJrM
You look pretty dumb to me. Don't argue like a jew, cunt. I can google pictures of modern rifles and say "handgunners have rifles ergo handgunners have modern rifles", but that would be retarded. Gyrocopters have been in WFB for a really long time.

>all were melted in one army

Only by the fact that the army book put them together. The actual lore, which again, you don't know of because you barely speak english, had them as separate entities which would fight under one banner when at war. The college of magic was separate from state troops and artillery was commonly manufactured elsewhere and crew were trained elsewhere.

>Looks like it's either the Slav or Carnac.
>either the Slav or Carnac
>either the Slav or
>either the Slav
>either the
>either
>either

Anyway, you're not Carnac.

But I am.

I mean if you looked at the horrendous levels of English, the same obnoxious posting style, and same topics over and over, either wouldn't been in that sentence. It's the Slav.

I built these threads with my sweat, love, and money. Why would I shitpost them? Your character assassination is deplorable which is why you should leave.

>That's a baseless assertion
Nope you can google azyrheim pictures.
>It's a polearm, a combination of spear and battleaxe. Is that modern to you?
Japanesse soldiers used swords in ww2. And Astra Millitarum using close combat weapon too.
>Blackpowder is NOT modern
How exactly it isn't modern? Also bolters too using blackpowder charges.
>Gyrocopters have been in WFB for a really long time.
How it's even relevant, AoS is different setting. And gyrocopters aren't special WHFB term.
>had them as separate entities
Nope, all, except mages, belonged to their provinces.
And again, no straight restriction of millitary, it's very modern-advanced thing, having separeted infantry, armoured and air regiments/divisions etc

why are our threads trolled so easily

Because Carnac won't kill himself, sadly. Sorry, the guys pretending to be him won't do it.

>Gutbusters? That's just a type of Ogre now. Maneaters, Beastclaw Riders and Gutbusters. There is no unit called Gutbusters. There is a formation; but not a unit.

I'm aware. I have a large force of them in fact. I didn't ask anything about a unit. I want the fluff blurb for them from the grand alliance book. None of them are scanned so I was hoping someone would hook me up and just take a pic.

Like this. Only some of them got posted when the books came out.

Grand Alliance Fluff imgur.com/a/ioFiW

I haven't posted here for a long time, other than upload the Plague Garden novel.

But I see that you guys made the threads a fertile grounds for the Slav. You disgust me.

>You disgust me.
>says a guy who just shitpost about Chaos and pirating

Intercontinental fist bump for that champ. Wish there were more like him.

>Wish there were more like him.
May be you really should play RPG instead of wargames?

I'm so hyped for GH17 and the new allegiance abilities.

Do you guys think they will ever update warscrolls outside a battletome release?

I'd say no but I suppose it's possible. Less likely for discontinued stuff.

Eh? It's a hobby man. Are you dense, or 12?

? it is a miniatures wargame, not a videogame. The actual game is almost secondary.

>The actual game is almost secondary.
>source; my ass

Um, OK. Thanks for your wisdom, Great One.