MTG Custom Card General

What abilities do you have that need tweaking?
What color combos are you struggling to get right?
What mana costs are you unsure about?
What new cards have you made?
What new set abilities are you working on?

MTG custom card general!

Here are two i've been tweaking.
I know everyone hates phyrexian mana but I wanted to give it a go.
The Hunted Demon is very closely related to Hunted Horror and doesnt seem too crazy.
The Dark Promises might be over powered, perhaps make it a two card draw? Or would that then be too weak?
What does Veeky Forums think of them?

Doh. The "any Number" part on Dark Promises should say "all copies".

Here are my Hunted creatures.
I need to specify that Hunted Knight is white, I also need to come up with a Blue Hunted creature, and probably a Red one.

Here are my one drop phyrexian mana creatures for each color. Perhaps blacks is too strong and red and greens is too weak. Hell even white seems weak when compared to Doomed Traveler.

Here are a couple I brewed up. I was thinking of making Hellkite's Benediction of a cycle based on the archetypal creature of each mana color, i.e. Seraph's Benediction or Pit Lord's Benediction, but I'm not entirely sure what they would do. Maybe a cycle of resplendent archetypes and a cycle of benedictions about them.

I like them both, only thing of note would be perhaps Hellkite's Benediction could cost 1RR or even 3R as it does seem pretty good.

I think pic related is okay the way it is but I might as well ask. Its based off of Rogue Elephant, G for a 3/3 that when it enters you sac a land.

This guy seems weak for what he does, but he is meant to be a common or uncommon so perhaps hes fine as is.

Give him shroud

Well its a neat idea but I don't think they are good. I give the opponent a tempo advantage, I get a 2/2 but opponent gets 2 3/3? Totally not worth

Thoughts on this set of EDH commanders?

Do you think that would make it too good? I always have trouble gauging the power of shroud.
Yeah the Knight does seem a little lacking, the two ogres enter tapped and have to attack each turn, but thats not enough of a downside to offset how good it is for the opponent. What do you think about the others?
They all look pretty good, very good use of the color pie.

I cant tell if pic related is laughably terribly or appropriately costed.

give it haste or theres no point in the self damage bit, really

also your wording is very awkward

so MC (1)RBB would be fair if not a bit pushed
no flying or trample and it would die to any blocker but if you waited it would have better toughness

creates more of a decision aspect

The demon is unplayably bad and the second card does not work the way you want it to. you could just fail to find since youre the one searching. its also probably way too good for cmc 2

>cast chondor
>give U player all of B players swamps and nothing else
>give B all of R's Mountains
>R all of U's Islands
>keep all your own lands.

This seems like a fair card.

All 5 have convoluted wonky effects and are just bizarrely worded. the syntax is all fucked. refer to other preexisting 3+ color commanders for appropriate ordering and phrasing of abilities.

they are also goofily overpowered and creating 10 tokens of any kind off a 4 cmc cast is just dumb, have you played EDH?

I want this card to read something like this but add "if that opponent controls no other creatures, it deals the damage to its controller instead". How do I word it?

The other cards are pretty much the same. 3 mana is just too good or the card too weak to be valuable. The hunted demon is not strong enough, there are plenty of cards with the same value but less downsides. I dont like the phyrexian mana here. I dont dislike it in common, but it doesnt really suit the card.

Maybe change the Blob type to Ooze because I dont think Blob is a creature type.

Virrabell is self serving in flavor and mechanically because some Planeswalkers have more important things to do than join the Jacestice League. I've heard bad things about a strictly negative +1 but it's a 2 mana walker with exile control and 1 loyalty, I figured it was a good way to balance it.

>Viche
That +2 feels overpowered
>Virrabell
Doesn't feel like much upsides come with the +1. Did you intend for her to trigger "When this dies" effects?
>Andromeda
Feels pretty cool, I'd give it a spin.
>Mosswort Invocation
Not very sure on this one. Good for forcing blockers, but on the next turn, this will win you the game. I would lose both instances of indestructibility.

This guy too overpowered?

Yo timeanon, are you back?

I get the feeling you're just another user reposting. That's too bad. I was hoping timeanon was back.

Your feeling is correct.

>Viche
How about choice of trample or lifelink? Split between three colors there's a lot of ways to modify an overrun effect, could even go something like +3/+0 maybe?

>Virrabell
There is no plus side to her +1, she's a busy person with higher goals than helping Planeswlkers. If you want her loyalty and time you'll give her life and creatures. As she grows in power she more easily deals with obstacles in her path (her 0) until she's officially part of the Orzhova. Having an upside on a 2 mana planeswalker as she ticks up seems to good in my opinion (look at Tibalt and how they tried to balance a 2 mana walker by making him bad).

>Mosswort Invocation
Why would you ever play an 8 mana spell if it didn't win you the game next turn? The effect is supposed to be over the top but you still need more power on the field than your opponent when you cast it for it to win you the game. And getting duped by enchant removal and just giving your opponent 5 4/4's seems unfun.

The entire design of Mosswort Invocation is a travesty. Start over.

>The entire design of Mosswort Invocation is a travesty

It's the same design as the hunted set of creatures, which I've seen in quite a few decks (at least EDH decks) use, just on an enchantment and dialed up to 11.

Busted.

Chondor mana screws everyone else for 4 mana and requires you to do more complex math than it should.

Jenton is... okay, I guess. 5color lord that likes cmc 1 is just kind of weird, but at best he's a 6/6 hexproof.

Treze is stupid. You're almost guaranteed to hit something of value, and if you don't, then you know your opponents don't have anything you'd want for his ability anyway and you're free to discard your opponents' hands through various means.

Dompo is pretty much bad prossh.

Troytin breaks the color pie- legendary matters is heavily in selesnya. There are a grand total of seven black/blue/red cards that care if a card is legendary, and five of them are from Kamigawa. The others are Tsabo Tsavoc and Empress Galina, who are hideously old.

Fatesealing your opponent is the most unfun thing ever. I hate this card.

Balanced?

Not at common.

Given that they die to any removal pointed their way, i'd say it's barely playable.

Stop, I'm going to puke. Put them all in the same image with paint instead of eating up the image limit with broken stuff and bad templating.

Hey, I'm trying to nail down a win cycle that fits the lore of what I'm working for.
> Dying Plane, needs giant ass tear into the Blind Eternities for some of that sweet sweet chaos mana.
> Tower meant to regulate it so the whole plane doesn't just tear itself apart, by forcing mana into the land.
> World meant to be reborn, albiet the cost of doing so is most if not all of the civilizations on it.
tl;dr had a theme-appropriate idea for a win cycle I'm still playing with, and I seriously need help making this work.

2,8,32 damage if left alone.
a 3 drop that kills after 3 turns is pretty good and if it sees one upkeep it becomes way harder to remove.
you can just wait and swing with 3 8/1 rather than crashing them into their blockers.
in fact if the opponent is one removal short for one turn he has lost the defense and probably the game.

IMHO it looks modern-good but it's hard to tell if it's broken or just slightly underperforming.
definitely mythic rare.

all the text is wrong, but i guess you can rewrite them later.

the reborn lands is too strong because it gives mana of any color without downsides. the ability to pay 3 mana, discard a card and put a basic land from the library into your hand sounds ok.

I have no idea what you are trying to do with The White Tower.The 2 abilities have nothing in common. controlling only lands and The White Tower is trivially easy to do, as well as super boring. find an harder, more fun win condition.

Eternity Tear could use "indestructible, hexproof" rather an a custom ability to protect it.
the ability to add lot of mana isn't exactly blue, but we've seen expensive way to cast spells for free in blue, so it's more flavorfully wrong than mechanically wrong.i coudl see this blue-green or even red better.
it's somewhat similar to Omniscience, but with far more limitations.
if you want the card to be fair and usable by both players you need to say "pre combat main phase" rather than main phase so both players could use it. if you want the controller to immediately have the mana from it, then you need to not make it able to exile itself and remove the protection ability so the opponent has at least a chance to interact with it.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what to do with the wincon. I've had some suggestions tossed around but I still can't tell for sure.

Barren Glory is a card with a similar concept, and it's pretty hard to pull off, so developing a slightly better card on the same line coudl be ok.

MkII
Still need a way to remove Eternity Tear since it's I/H now.

"At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose one life and... (etc.)"
I think you need to specify the life loss target. But power level wise, seems fine.