40k noob

Hey guys, I want to get into 40k but don't know what I want to play, can you help?

I often like to play good guys(light worn-out Yu-Gi-Oh/ white- magic/ paladins- dnd). What would be a cool army to play? Adeptus custodius looks cool. I also thought about grey knights...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wu0zp1liCdg#t=01m58
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are no good guys in 40k. Only war. Grey Knights kill everyone who has seen them. So definitely not good guys. The only good guys are the orks maybe.

Salamanders

maybe Lamenters?

I'd say go with T'au since they're made for little pussy bitches like you.

Well let's see Salamanders is closest thing to good guys Imperium has

As for xenos...Yeah orks as unlike others once they take over the world it's filled with life and not left baren (Mind you it's ork life but still)

Also in some regards you could consider chaos guys "good", as nurgle just wants to give you his gifts

Thanks user I've been looking into them they seem my style

T'au are the least shitty faction in game, some would say that makes them the good guys.

If you like Space Paladins/Knights, then play a Space Marine Chapter that uses that theme whilst appealing to you visually and narratively.

Grey Knights: Super secret brotherhood of daemonhunters, each of them is a powerful psyker wielding a sword that can burn their enemies souls by channeling their willpower. However, since encounters with Daemons can cause daemonic corruption to spread, they often have to eliminate/mindwipe their allies after the battle to deter risking a new daemonic incursion.

Custodes: The elite bodyguard of the Emperor, these guys are THE best fighters in the galaxy, each dude is pretty much as good as other armies hero units. Wear nothing but gold, since its the Emperors favorite color. They protect the Throne room, as well as defend the webway portal underneath the palace from being overrun by chaotic forces/daemons and plunging Terra into the warp.

Black Templar: Essentially, Crusaders in space. They worship the Emperor as a god, and are one of the few chapters to be constantly crusading. Also, they especially hate anything that tarnishes the "perfection of humanity", meaning witches, psykers, mutants, aliens and co. They usually "zergrush" their enemies with tons of dudes in power armor and chainswords. Also, each fully accomplished templar has a so-called neophyte (new recruit) whom he personally teaches in the ways of the sword, similiar to the squires of the middle ages,

Astral Knights: An almost extinct chapter, their sacrifice prevented the Imperium from being destroyed by a gigantic Necron doomsday machine. They use alot of motorcycles and such (essentially "space horses"), focus heavily on personal honor. Most of their recruits are from the noble houses of their homeworld, so they are, in a way, the High Society Knights /noble/graceful Knights in comparison the the Black Templars more gritty, fervent, rightously angry style. Also, they each have a sword made out of a rainbow crystal, incase that floats your boat.

Necrons. No joke.

You can also make a non Imperium/Space Marine Knightly army, however.

Orks can be anything you want. Thats the whole point of orks. Fluff a backstory why your orks behave like knights from the middle ages with grot squires, and then convert your army to your hearts content.
Also, an eldar wraith themed army could work pretty well for a knightly theme as well, just as you could go for a necron army with lots of Lychguards/preatorians.
Also, some people also mentioned Salamanders and Lamenters, who are both pretty Bro-tier chapters.

But for gods sake, don't play Tau. Don't be a fucking faggot, user.

This user said it best
but you can always pull a "your dudes" and fluff out your regiment/chapter/sororitas order/Tau Caste/Craftworld/... I don't think there's anything else.

You can fluff those out to be decent people. If you're looking for nicest standard race? Tau, I guess. Though they're kind of a parody of 1984 at this point.

I guess my best recomendation for canon army that's humanish would be the Lamenters Space Marines, pic related, but their shoulder can be a pain to paint for people new to model painting.

I guess in the end just pick an army you like and make Your Dudes decent people/space elves/alien cow people. It's up to you famalamadingdong

As others here have said before me, there are no real "good" guys in 40k, although the new direction Guilliman is taking the Imperium could change that. I hope it doesn't. I actually like the grey-and-black morality.

Some say Tau are the closest thing to "good" guys, but they do some pretty bad shit. I guess that one's a case of YMMV. There are also some Craftworld Eldar who, depending on your opinions, could come pretty close to "good". And if you're of the opinion that all-female factions can do no wrong (and you're a richfag) there's Adepta Sororitas.

Are adeptus custodius any good though?
They sound awesome. Honestly they don't need to be morally good fluff wise just look like the pimp ass knights in shining armor.

Choose Squats.

Necron, Orks, T'au, and Salamanders could all be considered good guys if you squint a bit.

Orks only because they have the power to stop complete destruction of the galaxy if only someone wields them properly.

this
>conquer the galaxy, decide to take a nap
>while you are sleeping a bunch of tyrannical assholes take over the galaxy
>wake up and decide to take back what was rightfully yours.

Are space dwarves a thing?

Not in this edition

Pic the army that you like the look of the most.

Sure, pick a rule set and some dwarves and combo!

Genestealer cults are the canon good-guys of the 40k setting.

The represent and downtrodden undeclass rising up against brutal imperial oppression.

>then I ripped his spinal column out, and beat the other heretic to death with it
youtube.com/watch?v=wu0zp1liCdg#t=01m58

>Working class, grass roots movement
>Hard workers that contribute to society
>Believe strongly in family and community
>Their goals are clear, pure and unambiguous
>Genuinely want to help everybody reach paradise

>unfortunately, reaching paradise requires that you get eaten

Question, can this model target itself?

yiffs get an 'honourable' mention

He's a friendly model within 3 inches of.himself so by RAW yes.

>Lamenters
Btw do they get Primaris support or same old song?

Do whatever user.

I'd want to say no, but I guess that's just my attitude when it comes to the "On a friendly unit" type rules. I've always figured if the rules mean for you to target the "casting" unit, the rules would say something along the lines of "On friendly unit or itself".

But that's just me, I can see point. I guess it'd be up to an agreement between you and whoever you were playing against.

That's just racist imperial propaganda.