Field Kit Inspection: Praetorian Peaks pt2 Edition

Guardsmen! Dinner is in fifteen minutes! You had better all be on your best behaviour!

Continued from

I don't know if I can pull off anything... I'm good but far from the best.

Rolled 8 (1d100)

REC ROOM

>He would wrap his arms around her waist, and would smile.

Riasz I'm telling you right now. You'll look good in whatever it is my mother picked out for you. I promise!

Rolled 31 (1d100)

*now violently charging around the upper floors screaming rec room*
REC ROOM REC ROOM REC ROOM

What's to be served?

Rolled 25 (1d100)

REC ROOM please?

>Eventually, the local Arbites would come. Their bolters loaded, and ready to fire.

>"Mutant! Put your hands in the air, or you will be eliminated!"

*Losing all hope and most of my sanity, I return to the manor completely devoid of happiness.*

Rolled 72 (1d100)

>I'd attempt to find the rec room for him

All right all right, hands are thoroughly up.

>A praetorian guard runs up to the captain
Sir! I'm sorry to interrupt but the garden may be dangerous, we recently caught and defeated a spawn might be more of them. I recommend you to leave the gardens

I could hunt it for you.

Sorry visitor, but it's already dead, you could help us find the others

I'd be happy to.

What kind of plantlife is in the gardens?

Dis a regular garden boy so no carnivarous plants, well unless you go greenhouse, just search the gardens labyrinth

>Wanders around aimlessly

Hm. I'll give it a look after dinner

>Wanders off
>bumps into the astropath

>The Sicarian Infiltrator would do a fucking backflip onto the roof of the estate
>He'd make his way to the window of the General's room
>Would anybody be in there?

>The tech priest wanders into the dining room and finds himself a chair, before looking at his watch and realizing he is early
...shit

>Drops a handful of less than wholesome trinkets
Watch it! You would assume people with eyes could look where they are going...
>Picks the trinkets, odds and ends from the ground

My apologies, bound one.

Excuse me, would you help me find the dining room?

This is Sargent rogg rogga. I outrank you. Maybe.
*my hands are still up*

It's that way. Need me to show the way?

If it isn't too much trouble.

Very well.
>Leads the way, making "witty" remarks about any passers-by
>Unless you havs a malformed and horrid sense of humor, you would grow tired of it in the first five seconds

Humorous. This is a mirror of your role in space, is it not?

>Seeing as I did not get a reply, I will assume there is nobody in the General's room
>I'd enter he estate through the window
>I'd scan for life in the estate, picking up multiple life signatures
>I'd close the door, and Id lock it. I'd put a wardrobe in front of it
>I'd raid the entire room for the General's possessions, and any imperial plans he had

Close enough. I do prefer carving over talking, and often it shows.

You carve?

Fine... I'll trust you here. Lead the way Mr. Posh.

>I'd begin wiring up a giant cybernetica bomb in the generals quarters
>This bomb would be big, capable of doing a lot of damage to the estate
>I'd begin uploading the stolen imperial data to HQ

Wood, metal, bone... I do like bone the most.

Wait a second.

Did you hear that? Sounded like that buzzing language the tech-heads use.

Rolled 14 (1d100)

>the bomb would be completed, and the timer would tick for ten seconds
>The infiltrator would jump out of the window and into the back garden
>rolling for the power of the explosion

Eh, I don't hear anything.

>He would smile, before once more leading the way to the manor.

Trust me. You'll love it! And you'll see love meeting Mother!

>There would be no such things in his room.
>What moron keeps secrets plans in a room he shares with his wife?

Bear with me a second.

>he goes into a side door in the hallway

>rolling to determine where the sound is coming from

Rolled 48 (1d100)

Will my Mother enjoy meeting your Mother?

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>I'd shove the wardrobe aside and I'd open the door
>I'd charge Vu Chen to leave no witnesses

As long as she doesn't show up qearing next to nothing. And doesn't try anything stupid.

Then again. My mother is rather easy to get along with. Especially considering she's a noble.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Fuck!

>he tries to parry with his bayonet while firing his longstubber into the ceiling

Rolled 3 (1d20)

>I'd attempt to chop his right arm off!

Rolled 9, 13 = 22 (2d20)

>he walks backwards at a brisk pace while firing at the cyborg

>Hearing the sound of gunfire. Matthias would quickly pull out his hotshot Laspistol, and sword.

Go and find my Mother! NOW!
>With that said, he would rush towards the main manor. Several dozen armed guards following after him.

Rolled 7, 19 = 26 (2d20)

>first roll to dodge the gun fire, second roll to attack him

Rolled 20 (1d20)

>Knowing the large manor better than anyone. Matthias would manage to get to the area they were fighting in, relatively quickly.
>Taking quick aim with his hotshot laspistol. He would fire a shot at the mechanical warrior.

Rolled 8 (1d100)

>now bleeding profusely from the torso, Vu Chen stumbles and drops his weapon

>he scrambles to escape the room and the murderous machine man

Rolled 11 (1d20)

This would knock my flachette blaster arm clean off, and I'd only have one arm left
>I'd charge wyvern, letting off a flurry of attacks to his laspistol arm which was extended

If you keep trying to piss Mother off she won't do anything... but piss her off and we'll have a problem... please don't piss her off

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>He would manage to avoid the worst of the blow. His arm taking a rather minor, and uninteresting cut.
>Now in melee range. He would swing his power sword against the mechanical warrior

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>I'd attack back, trying to strike the man in his torso

Rolled 9 (1d20)

>the Guerrilla draws his sidearm and takes a shot at the infiltrator

Rolled 9 (1d20)

>I'd attempt to spit hot motor oil at Vu Chen

Rolled 9 (1d20)

>His opponent missing an arm, make it a lot easier to gauge his next attack. And he is easily able to parry the blow away with his power sword, before attempting to counter him, with a thrust.

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>I'd thrust my transonic razor into the man's stomach!

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Sir Matthew take cover!
>A praetorian attacks Infiltrator with his hot-shot

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>Thankfully, his armour, and his Refractor field would manage to aboarb the worst of the blow. Causing the attack to do very little to him.
>As such, he would straighten out his leg work. And would give another swing towards the one armed warrior.

Truly we are blessed by Tzeentch.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>I'd take the brunt of the attack by my extra armour I conveniently had on
>I'd attack back on the man's power-sword wielding wrist

>he fires again, still laying on the floor

Rolled 16 (1d20)

>A simple parry, and a kick to the stomach, is all it takes to block the block from touching him.
>While the foul warrior is still unbalanced from his previous attack. He would thrust his blade towards him, before giving a swift slash upwards

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Die you rust bucket!
>Shoots another volley

Rolled 15 (1d20)

>The Infiltrator would now be brought to his knees, nearly dead
>In a last ditch attempt he'd spit motor oil in the face of the man

Rolled 19 (1d20)

What the fuck...
>She's running through the various halls and corridors
How the fuck am I supposed to find her...

Rolled 5 - 1 (1d20 - 1)

>He would be forced back, as motor oil covers his face and uniform.
>Though blinded, he would attempt to finish the warrior off.-1 too hit.

Rolled 17 (1d100)

>This shot would smash my head off, sending boiling motor oil everywhere
>rolling for radius

>while wandering the grounds of the mansion looking for 'souvenirs', he hears the sounds of battle
Uh, shit. I g-guess I should check that out. Can't have our generous hosts being shot up in their own house.

>after jogging through the corridors (during which some candlesticks mysteriously disappeared) he rounds a corner just in time to get a splash of oil across his coat
Ya gotta be shitting me, I just cleaned tha- say, what the fuck is goin' on round here?

>Rias would find several guards taking away a woman that would appear to be in her mid-to-late. As the sounds of fighting are heard nearby.
>"Mi'lady! We must get you too safety, now!"
>The woman would seen extremely hesitant to go anywhere. Going so far as to tell her guards so.
>"Not while my son and his Fiancé are in here somewhere!"

>Matthais Refractor field, would stop any of the boiling oil from reaching him.

>At this point, well over a dozen guards have arrived.

Search the area! Find what that bastard was doing in here! NOW!

>"Yes Mi'lord!"

>some of the oil splashes on Vu Chen's leg
Ouch.

Sir, are you alright? First the Spawn and now this, this...anyways should I call the medicae?

I'm fine! Go and take care of Private Chen! Have the Cog-boy search through this mechanicus warrior for whatever information it contains.
>Having finally heard electronic ticking of the bomb, Matthais would enter into his parents room.

Crap!

by the by. Did the discord channel go.diwn for anyone else? Or just me?

Rolled 64 (1d100)

>the Bomb would go off as Matthias entered the room!
>rolling for how badly he gets affected!

Oh course sir!
Come now chap, you did good. Are you okay?

no

ok, no! That's actual bullshit right fucking there and you fucking know it! You started actual shit, when this wasn't supposed to be a fight based thread today, and no you're outright trying to kill not one, but three characters with a fucking bomb? Smooth.

Caaaaaalm. It was a 64, not a 97. You'd be wounded at best, nothing a medicae can't fix

I have to agree.

dude no. Wtf man. I'm serious right now. You literally started SHITZ when this wasn't supposed to be one of those threads. And now you're not only blasting matthais to hell, but blasting van kleez and Chen as well! Like wtf man.

Void it all you want if this damages your perfect story arch your trying to set up between your own characters. All I wanted was to make 40k grimdark, like it always was. If you have such a massive problem with that then I'll take my leave

Well that makes things easier...
>she rushes to her, her rifle humming lightly
Are you Lady Wyvern?!

I'm not saying that. And not everything has to be grimdark and fighting everything thread. Sometimes a thread where stupid silly shit is good. And this was supposed to be one of those times man. If I could get into discord right now, I'd be discussing this with you. But discord isn't letting that happen right now.

Maybe we should continue this some other time

I'm out

>The guards would raise their weapons at the strange woman approaching their mistress. But the woman would raise her hands to stop them. A warm smile, not unlike those that Matthais usually has, would be on her face.

By the descriptions I've heard, I can only assume you to be the one my son, Matthais, keeps writing home about.

Rias, wasn't it. Ara, ara. You do look rather beautiful. I'm not surprised he's become so taken with you.

A strange citizen nobody noticed tagging along starts babbling in low-gothic then shits himself to death in a corner. The stench is unbearable, and otherwise of no consequence to the current goings-on.

Yeah. He ran into the gunfire like an idiot. He sent me to make sure you're safe. I'm assuming it was more to keep me out of harms way as well...
>she smiles lightly
I wish we could have met under less... stressful circumstances but
>she sighs
Never a dull day in the guard

Ah shit, I left the door open. Strange people you get round here, eh?

INDEED I DOTH AGREETH ON MINE ONST SELF I DO I DO.

>She would flash Rias a gentle smile

Of course he would do such a thing-

>Wow... She's actually rather short now that you get a close look at her. And she looks like she can't be much older than her late twenties, early thirties.

-he's a guardsman through and through. Just like his father.

>Matthais would just manage to turn off the bomb, right as the clock hit 00:01. Forcing him to let out a long sigh of relief, as he falls to the floor.

I know. He says it runs in his family. Is there a safe place I should get you?

>The smaller woman would smile.

It'll be alright. The Emperor's tarot said so.

>She would nudge her head towards the stairs.

You should go find him. I'll have the guards make sure everything else is alright.

Are you sure? He told me to find you for a reason...
>she puts her rifle on her back
I'd hate to leave you...
>glances at the guards
well not alone but... uhh... you know what I mean...

Rolled 89 (1d100)

Why hello there lady wyvern, what a lovely evening we are having. Mind pouring me a glass of painkillers and intoxicants?
*charisma roll*

>The man would enter the estate unknowingly with his giant sombrero on, and his banjo slung over his back