Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Character ideas edition!

What character ideas do you have that you haven't used yet? Is it because you just haven't found a campaign that fits? Or because of chargen? Tell me about all your ideas!

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljy5?Gods-of-Starfinder-Part-Two
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82996/from-the-other-end-of-heaven
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82997/youre-the-village-now
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale
pastebin.com/TvDtvi3c
youtube.com/watch?v=SoNjdHf6S2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Plenty of them, often too much to list. Let's also share fun facts we know about Pathfinder- 1pp and 3pp wise! That would be fun, yeah?

Fun Fact: the Gambler kineticist archetype has 1 more power known than all other 6th-level manifesters, discounting the Empath Medium (who doesn't actually have Powers Known until they take Expanded Knowledge). It starts play with 2 1st-level powers and ends play with 21, precisely 1 more than the Cryptic, Dread, and PsyWar have.

What do y'all think about the deities that made it to Starfinder core?

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljy5?Gods-of-Starfinder-Part-Two

I gotta admit, I'm starting to like Damoritosh

I've got about a half-dozen ideas that all require a campaign with high point buy, high level (level 9-11) and ideally Gestalt. Mythic would be appreciated!

It's not really anything mechanical I need for this, I just really want to crack my creative knuckles and work on a character who's already a mover and shaker of the setting. Backstories tell the story of your character, and a high-level backstory makes me feel like a Skald.

Currently open games
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closes in 1 day)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Closes in 3 weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82996/from-the-other-end-of-heaven (Closes in 3 weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82997/youre-the-village-now (Closes in 6 days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale (Closing in 12 days)

>Linnorm game still not posted
>FIENDISH INTRIGUE game not posted
Looks pretty loaded up in here.

>people thought ensoulment would be the end of memegames

laughingwhores.jpg

>page 7
>anime

Posting in the new thread since I posted the application launch in a thread that was damn near dead - Dominions of Vice: An Osirion Adventure is now recruiting players.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale

Any questions, hit me up.

Your roll20 avatar is terrifying

Thanks

Oh, don't be rude, user. After all, he hasn't always been this glam. He was a drab little crab once.

I have a few that are semi-race locked, but they're like that because the campaign in which I'd like to use them has detailed societal shit for races, so there are issues unique to certain races.

I'd like to play an Ungermaw as an ex-member of an anti-magic taskforce. I'd like to play a Half-Orc steppe horse archer. I'd like to play a noble swordsman. I'd like to play an iaijutsu practitioner. I'd like to play a Void Prophet. I have lots of mechanical things I'd like to play, and they lend themselves to certain personalities I have in mind. I'll probably never get to play most of them. Whatever.

Not enough games and not enough time for enough games besides. I would like to play a gnome wizard who apprenticed to his father and wants to finish his deceased parent's work of trying to create a new color. Not like a new hue or shade, but an eight color for the rainbow.

Fiendish Intrigue was first mentioned towards the end of last thread, give it some time. I'll probably be apping for it when time comes though.

I know, right?

I think it's the crab from Moana.

I know, I'll give it the time it needs. I need to because I'll be running it, and I hopefully want Village to be done by that time.

>12 completed apps for Iron Gods
>5 of which involve being adopted by or being apprenticed to Khonnir
>Canonically already has one adopted daughter, Val

I'm beginning to think Khonnir is the type of person who always brings stray cats home. That, or he's building some kind of weird harem

>3 girls, One aasimar, one kobold, and Val
>2 boys, one tall handsome man and one cute halfling boy with dark skin
>And a suit of armor(?)

What is this wizard up to /pfg/? Is he just anice old man that can't turn people away, or does he have some ulterior motive?

Khonnir Baine is a good and caring daddy.

The Local Ties trait is probably the best one, and ties the character into the AP in an extremely easy way.

Tell me about Baine.

What kind of a dad would let himself be turned into a retard by robots?

>that filename
subtle

But five people (or 4 and a sentient inanimate object)? All of which are attractive besides the literal suit of armor? Something's fishy here user.

Who is this Baine? Why does he adopt the children?

What did he mean by this?

Don't you get it, user? He's bringing them all together so he can create the perfect focus group to try out his newest flavors of cola.

Well, you have to understand that /pfg/ characters are always attractive, so that gives him some plausible deniability.

Luthaya almost ended up being an apprentice to Khonnir but I decided against it in the end, under the line of logic that training in magic might help her recover her memories. I didn't like the way it felt and she's a Sorcerer, not a Wizard.

So, it could have been one more.

Because local ties gives me the bonus to knowledge engineering which fits in best with what Cynn is all about out of the campaign traits.

>character is playing dwarf cavalier that doesn't have a mount and is using Aid Another to give people +7 or +8 on their saves

Is this a legit thing? He buffed a party member's AC to like 30 by stacking this with Bodyguard.

He's a big guy.

yeah, depending on what said cavalier archetype is, totally possbile

He is a dirty traitor to the technic league and a wanted criminal. He is also really badly built (5 arcane bomber/1 rogue) and a pyromaniac.

Really makes you think.

So what you're telling me is Khonnir Baine lures young children into his home with promises magic/technology lessons? And, presumably, candy?

Honestly, Irongods GM should just give everyone the Technologist feat for free, its very minor power, but its basically required if you want to not suck at your job in Iron Gods.

Nobody cared who he was until he became a dad...

There's a campaign trait that basically gives it to you, so there's no need.

What's the name of that Daemon lord of pedophilia?

Folca

No there isn't, technologist is needed for characters to interact with so many things in the campaign and the feat itself does like NOTHING.

It should be given away for free, its just a tax.

Technologist is not needed at all. To be honest the tech items are hot garbage.

Yo can I be an avowed?

Even more reason to give it for free

>Normal: You treat all skill checks made against technology as if they were untrained skill checks. This may mean that you cannot attempt certain skill checks, even if you possess ranks in the skill in question.

tfw can't pick locks because no technologist

You can apply with an Avowed, yeah. Still gotta compete with other apps, naturally.

The AP hands out the items that let you pick tech locks like candy

>Best waifu sarenrae is gone
Fug

No, I don't believe that's all there is too it, this wizard has some kind of ulterior motive. Think about it.

>Three girls, one an attractive aasimar who would be easy to deceive, one a kobold who no one would miss if she went missing, and Val, who we know almost nothing about unless we look into the AP itself for info
>Connall, a handsome Kellid man. Depicted with a spear, a phallic symbol. Rogue, a class known for backstabbing, which could be a euphemism, and commonly called "dickass" rogues.
>Dark skinned halfling boy, exotic. Just the right height that his face would meet a human male's crotch
>And an inanimate suit of armor, brought in so that no one in town would start to suspect his motives
>All of them (except the armor, who is a decoy, and Conall, who would likely be the pitcher) have low strength, meaning they likely couldn't resist if a grown man with magic powers were to force himself on them
>With his positive reputation in Torch, it would be difficult to come forward with such information as a victim, for fear of nobody believing them.

How far does the rabbit hole go, /pfg/? Look behind the lies, you know wizards have no sense of right or wrong!

Then once again, more reason to hand out the technologist feat at some point

Characters should be able to interact with all of their environment

>Kobold who no one would miss if she went missing

Lets be real user, that one is probably a willing participant. She wears a skintight bodysuit.
Who knows what other 'upgrades' her deathwolf has!?

It's an odd feeling, slowly coming to the realisation that I will be rp-ing a survivor of child molestation.
A bit like slowly unlocking, say, repressed memories of childhood trauma.

Get fucking Alexa Jones on this.

Is there a druid archetype that focuses on Wildshape?

Who has that one kobold image? You know, the one with the ruler and the coke can?

Gotchu

>A scholarly Warlock Vigilante, obviously with Jolly content, that's just having a real grand ol' time with this arcane power he's got. Seriously, this shit's great, you guys should try it.
>A mighty half-elf warrior that had a fascination with obscure magics, which led to his being an Occultist in the first place.
>A Vivesectionist Alchemist who just wants to be a good doctor, but he's NOT GOOD ENOUGH, and feels like he needs to go to greater, more extreme lengths so he can save more people.
>A complete clusterfuck of "mother-may-I's" in order to stack Scaled Fist and Master of Many Styles on an Unchained Monk, gestalted that it with a Body Pact Vigilante, with wisdom dumped as low as I can get it, all so I can, all because I wanna grapple good, and maybe combo Scarlet Throne Style with Dragon Ferocity
>while I'm unsure how much I hate myself for it, unironically a vigilante kitsune trap with maximum charisma, who fights with the Lethal Locks talent exclusively

There's a few that provide wildshape options, but I think all of the wildshape-focused ones are pretty underwhelming.

However, there's apparently a new base class in the works that relies heavily on shapeshifting. Might keep an eye out for that one.

But I need technologist so I can craft grenades because for some reason tech stuff has to have its own feat tree as well because FUCK YOU

And that doesn't seem broken as fuck to do at 4th level?

Don't waste your effort user, the tech items are 10x the cost for one tenth the effect. Mundane guns are actually better than tech guns.

>kitsune with lethal locks
Get the fuck off my lawn

Damn, now I want to rework my Alchemist/Barbarian (Feral Gnasher) goblin build.

Hmm okies. That would be nifty.

Nah, its basically the only thing that makes the Order of the dragon good.

It's such a fucking stupid, shitty meme, but I can't help myself. I need to know how well it competes with a real weapon

The only ones worth getting are Grenades, they're not insanely priced, and because they're -splash- weapons they work with Throw Anything and Firebug from the Alchemist, which means they're actually pretty fucking good for me.

Now there's a callback

Most wizards are pedophiles and perverts. But they ain't got shit on the druids. Neither of them have an ounce of charisma in their bodies, but the druids have these secret rituals in the woods, they call it the Druidic Grove. It's where they teach new druids their secret tongue, and bind them to the group by forcing them to partake in horrid sexual orgies with children. The shame and the taboo makes them all complicit, and thus unable to speak out about it. I have some scrying of one of these rituals that I managed to get when I was sneaking in to prove it.

Let me tell you, you see a druid with a goat head, you kill him if there's any way you can. You don't want to know why.

What about Mesmerists?

I played in a game as the GM's custom octopus-girl race. Combined that with Aberrant Aegis, UMonk, and Stalker to get 8 tentacle attacks, each with grab and 4d6+10 constrict. It turned on just when the campaign kinda crapped itself, so I'd kinda like to go further with the character. I actually really liked her as a character as well as the mechanical stuff I did with her. It'll never happen again, which kinda sucks, but is probably for the best.

I'm terrible with Psionic powers, and I really wanna play a Gambler. I stuck all the Gambler psionic powers into a list and I wanna know which ones are good picks for a Gambler

pastebin.com/TvDtvi3c

Mesmerists will just hypnotize you into sleeping better at night and being confident enough to go talk to that cutie you wanted to talk to.

They're nice guys.

Christ almighty.

You've got a point, and in fact that brings up another question; Why do they all want to save him? All of them, even the armor, want to rescue this man, possibly invalidating my suspicions. BUT! Remember that Khonnir is a wizard, and wizards can cast enchantment spells. What spells could a low-level wizard use to cover his tracks? Charm Person, Hypnotism, Memory Lapse, Sleep, ALL of which are level 1 wizard spells. He could do as he pleased, and either they wouldn't resist, or they wouldn't remember anything that happened.

Worse yet, if this is the case, we could even theorize that he's responsible for the kobold's choice of attire. She's exotic, small, normally acts smug and arrogant; The perfect toy for a depraved wizard to break. He uses magical suggestions to make her dress like a slut, let her flaunt her stuff and turn her nose up at others. And then, when she's under his spell, he takes her back to his Back Room and ravages her, breaking her and then ensuring that she never remembers it, just so he can do it all again.

The halfling, and his motivation to save his real father. What's been keeping him in Torch for so long if he's been meaning to get out and stage a rescue? Perhaps the wizard has been using his spells to persuade him otherwise, and lure him into the Back Room again. And for that matter, who's the machine that saved him in the first place, and why would she just leave him in front of Torch, why Torch specifically? Well I only know one person in Torch who knows how machine's work, and that would be Khonnir Baine!

But we don't know just when this horrible person strikes. Does he get them while they're young, or groom them into his little pets once they're grown? Is Connall, his gay lover, in on this whole thing, or has Khonnir been hiding it from him all along? Why does the AP give us almost no information on her? Someone, get me non-spoiler information on this girl, stat!

So many ideas. So few chances to play them. Often it's because people don't like 3pp stuff. Or realizing that they don't quite fit the tone of this particular game. Or PF being an ass-backward pile of suck fucking hell why doesn't the Waves oracle get any spells with the water descriptor and why are there so few with the descriptor at all?! Others I'm just waiting on a DM to get around to running a game that's planned after his current campaign but worried about his style because he tends to run very gamist sessions where NPC interaction basically doesn't happen and you just run from point A to B to C to do the fights, solve the puzzle and get your goal before off to the next area.

OBJECTION!

The kobold clearly states that she's FAR more interested in seeing if there's actually robots below the town, saving Khonnir is just a bonus!

HOLD UP THERE'S SOMETHING VITAL I HAVE TO CHECK

>conall will +6
>Semzaya will +5
>Rashin will +4
>CYNN WILL +1

That kobold is fucking mind controlled.

>Waves Oracle
You really, really need to step up your game, user. And get off my lawn.

What? Sarenrae is in the first picks, she's the Goddess of Stars.

Of course she'd say that; That's because he programmed her to be just like that. That filthy wizard WANTS her to prioritize other things over him, otherwise there'd be no point in breaking her over and over again. The fact she considers saving him to be a bonus at all is proof of just howmany times he's broken her in; Eventually, she'll lose her mind entirely and won't be able to think about anything except the old man that comes to give her a 'treat' in the back room where he'll keep her.

My god, they're building resistance. Conall likely isn't under any control, meaning he's either in on the whole thing, or completely unaware of what his gay lover is doing. Semzaya and Rashin building resistances must be their subconscious' fighting back against the control, while Cynn is either too weak-willed or too far gone to build any such resistance.

And what about Rashin in particular? Let's take a look at his sheet.

>Disable Device: 3 ranks
>Escape Artist: 1 rank

I think he might be the most aware of the three. Little by little, he must be planning his escape. He's learning how to pick locks and slip bonds on the side, when Khonnir isn't looking. Notice the single dagger in his possession as well; Possibly a weapon to attack his captor after slipping his bonds?

We still need to know how much of this Conall knows about, and also, we need to know more about Val and how she fits into this. She was the first of the bunch, the Patient Zero as it were. She may be in the deepest out of them all...or, perhaps, she might be part of it as well.

I WILL play a gestalt Wave Oracle//Magus with Vortex Spells some day. I swear it!

You really, really have a lot to learn. This is below pleb-tier.

I don't care how suboptimal the build is, gestalt is suppose to be about doing crazy things you can't normally do anyway, not just building the best campaign wrecking machine.

For what? Realizing that the class which thematically fit an idea was trash and not playing it?

Sounds like such a pretty dream. I wish you luck.

I thought gestalt was for advanced flavor while still being mechanically strong?

Pretty much.

Oh wait, Vortex Spell is from Wind, not Waves. Silly me.

TELL ME ABOUT BAINE, WHY DOES HE FUCK THE KOBOLD

IF I PULLED YOU OUT, WOULD SHE DIE?

SHE WOULD BE EXTREMELY CREAMPIED.

>Tsu in a barmaid outfit
10/10

After trying to research more information on Val, I've come to the conclusion that there's almost nothing out there about her (at least, without looking into the AP itself). Khonnir has a very short entry in the Pathfinder wiki, and Val is listed as his adopted daughter, but nothing else is listed about her. So, we don't know who she is, where she came from, or what she's like.

However.

I did manage to find a statblock, which supposedly was for her. Looking into it, I could only find one social skill she has a rank in; Want to take a guess at what it was?

Intimidate.

I think Val is in on it. I think she's been entirely dominated by Khonnir, and now he uses her to kee an eye on the others, keep them in line. She's his eyes on the inside, his mole.

If he hadn't gone missing, I would say it's time to call the Numerian police. Throw the book at him, this wizard's corrupt.

its some good shit

youtube.com/watch?v=SoNjdHf6S2M

>twf Val will never dom you while Baine takes you from behind

You're out of control user, you're too far down the rabbit hole, you need to stop

Khonnir Baine is a perfectly reputable wizard who just likes to teach others and help them improve themselves.

Why does this look so much better than all the other fantasy/isekai anime that are out right now? How can a capes series like BnHA look equally appealing across multiple genres?

Not if you don't apply to Iron Gods she won't!

I already applied user! I was just shit posting because I'm a horrible human.

She's like 11 you fucking creep

Because BnHA is basically a fresh injection of life conceptually onto the Nipland mindscape, it takes Western style heroes and looks at them from a very japanese perspective, which creates a cool cultural mishmash.

It also benefits from having EXTREMELY appealing character design and heroic themes. Those character designs are easily adapted to the fantasy setting
As you think about this, realize that Pathfinder is essentially capeshit in a fantasy setting already, capes to fantasy works pretty well.

Finally, Fantasy/Isekai anime are all shit, because Isekai is in itself, the worst cancer.

Konosuba is the best isekai
SEASON 3 NEVER

Well yes, because Konosuba actively makes fun of other Isekai for their shitness and embraces its own shitness unironically.

>Konosuba is the best isekai

Only because Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari hasn't been released yet.

That's just what he wants you to think, user! Look at the evidence, see beyond the veil! We're breaking the conditioning! AAAAAAAGH!

yeah I've heard shield hero is pretty ok, but it seems to take a similar not too serious stance on the whole isekai thing.