Galactic Federation

"Smart" sharks edition

>Not streetsmart sharks

Ooc i forgot my name right off the bat

The Rumar have gained an intellect greater than a rock? Well Fuck

Bump

Ŵ̍̎͛ͪ̚h́o͋̆̈s̆̚e͊̆ͫ̽ͩ ͮ̋̎t͒̀͂ͤ̉h̏̉̍̂͐̽i͐ͨͤ̾̋s ̒͊̔gͦ̋ͯ̋̊ͧuy̐ͤ̃͑̂̾

I have no idea at all Prethoryn. But I'm excited,perhaps he is a new member of the Federation.
Goodnight everyone keep the thread alive

>A screaming mass of voices echoes into the room as a small boy spontaneously manifests out of the darkness.
>"Hiya Federation. How ya doing?"

Bump

I am the head of the Ral'tek religious sect

We are the most prestigious religion in the entire Imperium with a member count of a whole 5 raltekians! Isn't this truly great?

I do believe you are most crazy,your religion only counts in 5 members? that's barely a concept for a cult

Well its the highest in the imperium so I am now technically a noble so HAH!

Then carry on Noble,i was simply making a observation of your religious sect compared to those of other species-you really should try to expand your member count

Greetings gentlemen, who's the zealot?

The leader of his religion,which seems to only count five members

Doesn't seem like very successful religion.

Thats what i thought but he stats that it is the most powerful religion in all Ral'Tek space,and if i look at these records,he is not wrong it is the religion with the highest member count,which is very strange

Perhaps it's a highly caste based religion? In which the five are the upper caste of priests, with the others existing only to toil for them? And thus aren't counted.

Oh no we only have 5 members including me. Most of my fellow Raltekians were to violent and uncultured to ask philosophical intellectual questions such as "where do we come from" "what made us" "why are we here" instead they just around yapping on about "We're getting swarmed by hordes of killer beasts shut up for five seconds about your sky being and hand me that rifle dammit!"

And really militaristic space birds, oh, hello federation. Yes, so far the delegates are resting.

Uh huh. So you act philosophical in a society that isn't even remotely philosophical.

Good morning everyone. Now that I have arrived again should we continue our negotiations? If anyone else would like to attend the peace conference feel free to.

Yes. Us Ploraxians have The Church of Kalgeros, and Grinathi-ism. Most of our population is very secular, however.

Yes. I believe so. Can I copypasta my arguements from the last thread to here?

Ooc feel free too.

Hm, religion beyond ancestor worship is odd for us Yssravannar.

We Noo have a very passive faith if one might call it that. We have faith in the All-Mother and the All-Father, and we thank them for giving us the knowledge on how to use the land and it's many animals.

In the United Empire we allow our citizens quite a lot of latitude on their religion. Most of our citizens still follow the monotheistic and traditional religions of Earth,this is especially true in the Core Worlds. Out in the colonies things can get... quite odd and on more of the far flung worlds indigenous religions have popped up. On the mining planet of Styges for instance,the miners have started growing superstitious about the strange ways the planet seemed to react to their presence. The most famous is known as,"The Dark Trench",and it has doomed every mining expedition they've sent down with the tunnel killing all of the lights no matter the power source and leaving the miners in pitch black darkness. The miners have started worshipping the planets spirit to gain protection from the world's anger and this worship has spread to many other worlds as well. I myself am a humble Protestant so I don't really care for their superstitions.

The faiths of the avians of the Dukedom are extremely varied. We Yssravannar are entrenched in ancestor worship, and we go to their halls once we die.

Oh really, Admiral. I am an agnostic, for that matter. But ploraxia hss taken measure to stop cults from springing up.

Religion in general is pretty weird. A very effective medium for getting your line of thought across, but I've always believed that I will make my paradise in this life, not the next. This way I can share it with everyone, regardless of which group hallucination they believe in.

The church of kalgeros is a polytheistic religion which has a deep warrior spirit. While Ploraxians are materialistic, religions such as that are quite popular. But, we are fiercly secular. Some Ploraxians have converted to Buddhism and Shinto religions, as I have heard. But, prostelyzation and missionary activites are illegal, and most ploraxians have a hatred of corrupt, organized reilgion.
oOC: think basically norse religion except the violence is increased by a thousandfold

That I agree. Us plraxians share he same belief in the sciences, and that faith is petty. Of course, some choose to believe, but its usually animistic religions. We are a very secular people. I personally doubt there is an afterlife.

In our proto-history, religion focused on the three things most relevant to day to day life. The Furnace, the Seed, and the Pollen. I still start every day by stepping outside and turning my leaves to the Furnace, to take a moment to bask in the life giving warmth. Beyond that, religion varied valley to valley, and the merchants of old weren't much for exporting faith when sugar stalk was worth a great deal more.

And, over 87% of our population is irreligious/atheist/agnostic. We believe in the sciences, in fact, I believe there was legislation to give synths equalmrights in progress,but, we do not eish to become synthetic ourselves, however.

Well. Our people started primtive religions, and the church of kalgeros survived the era of turbulence. And I am glad it did, because it is the most liberal. It... its dificult toexplain, but it revolves around a warrior king, and... its very, very brutal... let us just say that.

We Yssravannar believe that after death we join our ancestors in the Hall of Eternity. We live for the names we were given, and for those who senpai before us.

ooc i must have but senpai instead of came, huh, spooky

Yes. I am aware of your religious traditions. Anyways, I must say, the First Bank of Yssravanar is a great bsnk. I transfered my wealth to there after the economic crisis. I'd like to be a permenant member, and, oh. Here is a gift. Its an antique sword from a set which belonged to my ancestor.

Agh. Well, where are the delegates? They should be in the Noo assembly right now.

A consciousness is a consciousness, be it made of meat or metal. Know all too well why you should give your synthetic citizens full rights. An enlightening experience. I now know what true hunger feels like because of it.

The sciences are our faith, because they seek to find the solution to the question, not justify their question with solutions.

Inkito is that you? And I am waiting for Carter or Director Markon before we resume negotiations.

Yes, I mean the public has great faith in the scientific method. Also, I have been ordered by thr Ploraxian government to broker several trade, arms, and research treaties/deals/ageeements. So, do you wish to proceed?

Yes its me. Okay, and, Lt. commander Beally is doing fine
OOC what was beallys reaction to it. Did you like the surprise?

And, not to mention, but... now Synths have equal rights in Ploraxia! Our synthetic brothers and sisters will enjoy full equal rights! But it does not apply to droids or robots.

Indeed. A mind is meant to decide its own course in life. A machine built to perform a single task with just enough awareness to its surroundings to not get crushed by a rolling rock, is not an awareness.

I wouldn't expect citizens rights to be given to a canine companion, no matter how "Smart" it seemed.

How far have your sciences come since we last spoke Silver Frond? I know your machine warriors and your weapons are quite mighty but I hope you have made discoveries in other fields as well.
Why would she not be? And we've had the cell she's in blessed and reinforced as well so nothing will get in or out till the trial.

It's a fine blade indeed. Before I became lord of my House and Estate, I was a forger of weapons. My two brothers were killed, pushing me into the succession, but I never forgot my trade.

That I agree. So, you ahould see both parties. They are very radical, and ridiculous. Especially the latter one. The scarier one is the former party. Shutting off sll contact? That usually ends in disaster

Yes... I have also kept robotic guards there to make sure no weird Psionic stuff goes down. So... I have heard about earth religions. There is a growing Buddhist community in Ploraxia, although many are quite disgusted at the monotheistic religions and their strocities. Also, what is your reaction to the ever growing mixed species community. Most are human-Asurian couples.

Things are going in ascension. We've recouped nearly all our material losses in the last conflict, and some reverse engineering of the metallurgy has given a new spin on some designs.

Hard to be ashamed as a scavenger when it is improving your citizens day to day life. Nothing truly monumental has happened in the terms of technological advances, sadly. What has been of interest has been consumed by similar fields, integrating what we've uncovered into pre-existing fields.

We've finally got our seed arks landed on Quartz and Opal at least. The first generation of settlers are being raised right now. Been hard to keep eager settlers from landing. The Arks shall be given their birthright, THEN the rest of us can come along and play. An accidental downside of organic friendly FTL, it seems.

Yes. Also, the federation ringworld is close to completion, and it can be settled in one year. I eish to commission about 12 colony ships to settle all of it. We will move there and abandon Serenity, Serenity will be turned into a museum.

We are always taking commissions. There any specific requests you have for the amenities? Fully salvageable superstructure, to turn it into building materials on ring? Decorative foundation layers, perfect for crash landing nose first into the planet, and claim it's a capital building? Here, I'll send you a data sheet with our various makes and models. Custom orders are always accepted, although construction time and exact fulfillment of desired results may vary, depending on clarity of request and plausibility of construction. We can't break the laws of physics to give you a hot tub in every room. The water cycling system would be obscene.

Thats... what we are completing, friend. We could use your help. We plan on making it a new city of the future, and something which will show the magnificence of the federation, and why one should not leave. Also, another thing: did you hear about what happened to commander beally?

ASMODEUS, what are you doing here! You should be on Serenity. This... isn't really meant for you. You should go back.

Ooc will be busy once again. Sorry all.

I heard there was an attempt at confirming the locations of various empires throughout the Galaxy. Is the data stored anywhere?

No. I've been attending to matters at home. Seeing to the construction of an entire new Root generation has been taxing on my time.

W͐̀̈́ê ͭ̎ͭs̓ͧ̒̑͛̊̓u̚pp̈̿ͤ͆ͩós͆̊̾e̔̉̾ͭ͐ͣ̋ ͨ̄ͣ̊͌ŏ̄̌̀̉͊urͫ̃ ͤͧ̀ͧ͑bê̒ͣͣ͐l͗̾iͤͧ̈efͮ̄ ̚iͤͫ͂n͊͆̈̓̍̈́ aͦ̋ ͦ̓̉o̍̔̄ͭͯ̚v̈͐e͗͛ͤ̓r͐́͌mͭi̓ͧͯ̿̇n̽ͧd̓ whͭͭ͑ͨ͛̿͛ȍ̉̄ͣ̂̾ m̌̀͐ͮ͛ͩ͋a̍ͭͧ̽͌̌ͫd̉ͨ͆e̊̾ͫ̆̒͊͗ ͣ͋̊ͭ͊̇̂u͆sͭ̔ ̎̉̄̈́̄̔ảͬ͗l̒ͬͨ̈͂lͤ͊̎ ́̾̉b̾̉̓͗͌u̿̍̽̚t͊̌̑ͨ͆͗̚ ͤ̽͑̀͗̇̀tͧheͪ ͒̽͛un͂i̔̀ͦͨ̚t͑ͨ͌̿̒s͌ͨ͊̌̓̉̌ ͭ̿in̍ͧ͛ͬ̀͛ ̈́ͩ͐̐̂̂pͪͫ̊͛̍̀ͩa͗̊r̊͛̂ͣͩtͦ̋̇̃̚icű͋lȧ͐̊̉̿r͆̒ͩ͑͋̓ ̌͛̊ͬ̑̎͋is̽͒͗͗̓̓̓ ͮ̔ͤaͣͨͪ̚ ̔r͒ėl̐ͦ́ͭȋgͯi͛̃ͯo͋ͤͦ̐ͦ̚̚n͗̔

Oh well.
What? Who is this!?

Hmm... that I understand.

> tag

Yes. Did you hear what happened to Lt. Commander Beally?

Her arrest you mean? she did get arrested correct? i was told she was

Yes. She did, she's going to trial after this peace conference. It was a sad war, that was.

I am attending this trial,i am speaking on her behalf
ooc
who are you? you have no tag

Can't say I am surprised.

>A strange smell enters the room, a intoxicating scent. A tall avian enters, his clothes a riot of obnoxious colours and wearing a beautifully intricate gas mask
Ah Temu, what brings you here?

Whats a Temu? another aven sub race?

I was instructed to bring you medication.
>The mask emits multi-coloured smoke from two side vents

No offense, but you look and smell like a Xinpollen parlor. Just needs a bit more tie dye and I'd swear I was back in college.

I am of the Qui, biologists by nature, but forever condemned to be called 'sadistic monsters'

>The voice behind the mask caws a little
It's Idre Vapor, it's a focusing drug. All Qui need it to retain attention on their profession and excel in it.

And why is that Temu of the Qui?my race suffers a similar fate as barbarians but i strive to change that

>"Just going to let you guys know from now that afterlives 100% exist. They are pretty fun places too, all in all. Of course they are also pretty wacky, being realms where most physical laws are not present at all."

Hmm... Could I purchase a few samples, to see if it is compatible with my species physiology? I'm sure it'd find a heady demand in the research and education sectors.

Well, that might be so, but I still like the idea of leaving a better place for the living to enjoy when my consciousness dies.

>The mask emits another gust of smoke
We Qui have a, attention issue. We tend to fiddle and experiment with things, be it battle, torture or science, but we lose interest very quick. These gas narcotics help us to focus on certain tasks, and enhance our performance in that field.

So your short attention span is why your kind are considered sadistic beings

We have found through our studies that he gas complies with most species physiology, bar some who died in the most horrific and entertaining manner possible. We have never tested any of your race, so we don't know what to expect.

Ah, yes. I have heard about you. Another thing is that... could you be on standby. We need a medic, and you are the man for it. I recieved a threat of something... deadly about to happen. I will reward you handsomely if you do.

Sorry. Forgot name i have heard about your species. There was a case where a Qui. Rutally murdered more than a hundred people. One of the worst serial killers in Ploraxian history

Well, I'd say it's more our habit for experimentation for the sake of experimentation on living creatures, and to discover the limit of their pain threshold.

Sorry for being a noob, but I'm really curious who the people in the image are. Is one a dumb shark and the other a mushroom with some weird tentacles for an arm?

>The boy smiles a bit
>"Oh, that's perfectly fine. Making life better for others even when you inevitably expire is a great goal to strive towards. That doesn't mean one should discount the existence of life after death entirely, however."

Ha your kind should sit down sometime with carter and astral,and me to be far far away from the horrible things bound to happen

Curious, considers we only gained sentience some 150 years ago, thanks to Dukedom intervention.

Ooc i am the Dumb shark,who is learning to read.
and the mushroom is Ovaa,a mushroom farmer man

They are two different species. The noo and the rumar. The noo are basically space... scandinavia and are helping the Rumar not become space pirate shark-niggers (no offense rumar guy) and make them better. If you care to join make your race, then.

We developed weapons specifically designed to maim and horrify our enemies, if you'd like to see.

No. It was very recent, about ~3 ish years ago.

Oh, wonderful. Did he gas them? Use the glass poison? Which was it?

Hmm... we may be interested in an arms deal, well, for the "mellower" weapons, let me put it.

My race has enough tech now that our intelligence has been restored,you would be amazed to what is under the sands and oceans

Wonderful... er.... one of my friends died during that. Its okay, I will let it slide. Its in the past. He mainly burned his vixtims with a heavy plasma gun, blew em to bits, stabbed, and in the waning days, took them hostage and burned them with glass acid, and carved them to the bones. He ate one of the prisoners. He was sentenced to death, and shot by firing squad

We make no mellow weapons, because they are far too boring.

You'd be amazed at what we can do with Teldraic glass. Speaking of which, do you have any?

I assure you, we have no shortage of citizens so jaded they simply seek a greater high, regardless of the side effects. Does wonders for medicinal experimentation.

Figure the ticket to entry is just being a good sentient and helping others. I've studied a lot of religious texts over the years. That always seems to be the defining feature when you cut through the zealotry.

Fine. I want a stockpile of as much biological weapons, ships, and i want to order your guns. We will test them. Total price is 12,000,000,000 SFC

I have no knowledge of this glass,we have a dark blue glass that emits a horrid smell when melted.Could that be the glass

How unfortunate.

Wonderful. It's good to see people who can appreciate a proper high.

Excellent. More waves of horrific chemical destruction across the galaxy, simply beautiful.

Yes that's the one, it's a core ingredient to our infamous Glass Poison.