So like.. He lived, right?

So like.. He lived, right?
Nahiri fused him with rock from the mid torso down, but when Olivia mocks him, Sorin is still pretty conscious and alert.
Did the Jacestice League just ditch him when they could have saved him?

Yes, he's alive.
No, it doesn't matter, Innistrad is dead now. It'll be 15 years before they even think about going back.

Does it count as ditching when they didn't know he was in trouble in the first place? The only ones who interacted with him in the story were Jace and Tamiyo, and they were too busy trying and failing to kill Emrakul to follow up with him.

I'm not even sure if the Gatewatch knows Nahiri is still alive, let alone that she caused everything in the block and stuffed Sorin in that rock.

Only Jace knew about Sorin on Innistrad, and he didn't even really know anything about him. The only reason he sought him was to learn more about the Eldrazi. Since Emrakul contained herself and the other two were destroyed, there is no impetus for him to search for this dude he otherwise knows nothing about. It can be presumed they don't even know what happened to him. I don't know why you framed this question like they did something wrong. It doesn't even make sense that they would try to "save" him.

He's alive, just fused into stone in an agonizing fashion that doesn't kill him. It is painful enough to keep him from planeswalking out, though.

Every second of Sorin's existence until he escapes is filled with horrific pain. No one knows about where he is other than Olivia and Nahiri, with neither being all that interested in letting him go.

He's out of the picture until we go back to Innistrad or until they decide Sorin's popular enough for them to retcon that event.

where does nahiri's character go from here? she got her revenge, did she end up going back to zendikar?

Likely to torment Ugin next, when she finds he's alive.

That's what I want to know. Didn't she believe Zendikar was destroyed? I want to know how she feels about seeing her home slightly worst for wear after the Jacetice League nuked the Eldrazi there.

That bitch better not fuck up Tarkir! Well...more than it already is...

It hasn't been implied exactly what the plan for the future for her is. I seem to recall her doing a thing that made it sound like she planned to go after Ugin. It seems the most obvious thing would be to take her after Ugin during Return to Tarkir

Nahiri trapped him in a way reminiscent to Sorin trapping her in the Helvault. Jace and team probably think he just fucked off somewhere. Didnt he recommend to Liliana to just leave Innistrad rather than stay and fight?

>Return to Tarkir
>More time travel shenanagins inbound
Hope somehow the Jacestice League just monumentally fucks up the multiverse, leading to their disbandment.

Or I guess Nahiri and Ugin come to a truce, get Sorin, and the Three have an uneasy alliance to help combat Bolas.

Probably no time travel, the plot thread they've planted are remnants of the old clans that will probably rise up against the dragons

I think there's no saving Sorin and Nahiri's relationship at this point.

>The clans revolting against the dragons
Isnt that pretty fruitless though? As long as Ugin lives the dragons remain. Unless Nahiri is involved in her revenge plot against Ugin. Probably drag Bolas into it, though Sarkhan would be the X factor. Maybe thats what HoD was for? To set up another Ugin-Bolas fight?

Im all for a Return to Tarkir, but please keep the Gatewatch out of this.

Sorin and Nahiri both believe the other to be responsible for the destruction of everything that they hold dear. In Sorin's case, he's right but Nahiri was motivated by vengeance. In Nahiri's case, she's wrong but the only thing that kept her from being right was the intervention of the Jacetice League. Not only that but her instance, Sorin's actions against her were motivated only by his apathy regarding her and her world.

>tl;dr
They're both fucking monsters no matter how you look at it.

Exactly, I want to see her suffer but I know deep down Wizards won't pursue something like that and probably will become some "woe as me" character if not someone the jacetice league will have to deal with later. But then again arn't the jacetice league kill now?

The people of Tarkir don't know what causes dragons. But anyway the two were mostly at equilibrium during FRF. Right now it's leaning dragons. If the people picked up their third color and organized against them it could presumably just go back to equilibrium. It being fruitless never stopped the fighting before. The plot thread is pretty obvious. Some Dromoka heretics still maintain secret kin-trees, Ojutai still keep scrolls of the old ways sequestered away that Narset knows about, iirc Sidisi wants to overtake Silumgar, and there's a secret information network of Atarka soothsayers. I don't recall any hints for Kolaghan, but we know one of the things the Mardu had that gave them organization (white) were scripture called the Edicts of Illagra is out there somewhere.

I can't see how they'll turn the person that sent Emrakul to destroy a plane into a "woe is me" character. The series also needs a recurring white aligned antagonist.

Sorin will kill her eventually in the same manner he killed Avacyn. There's a good ending to a character arc in there somewhere.

>I don't recall any hints for Kolaghan
Well, I just remembered Zurgo doesn't really like being reduced to Kolaghan's bitch but I don't think that was meant to be a hint of a return to white more than pure irony

I suppose it would be interesting to see a Return to Tarkir that's more in line with the Khans timeline, seeing the tricolor clans reemerging in the wake of the dragon clans. Though this would require the set to take place years post-revolt. Guess it's a matter how Nahiri, Ugin, Sarkhan, and even Marset would play into this. I suppose first set is mid-revolt, second takes place after.

They're getting BTFO by Bolas, yeah

Because they had one or two miraculous victories against enemies who were mostly mindless, and figured it was time to put on their big boy boots and fight the elder dragon, despite everyone telling them that this is a really terrible idea

Surprise surprise, Bolas jacks their shit effortlessly and completely crushes them all so hard that the Gatewatch is gonna be disbanded for a while.

Probably to either find Ugin, or to wander the multiverse and find something to keep her mind off Zendikar. She believed that it was destroyed, so she likely wouldn't return there in order to avoid the pain of the memories. Assuming she's going through the stages of grief, she passed denial, took out her anger on Sorin, bargaining is arguably the Emrakul thing (if Zendikar had to suffer, Innistrad can too) but they kind of blend together, so she's probably in the depression stage right now.

>They're both fucking monsters no matter how you look at it.
They're Oldwalkers, it's par for the course.

Nahiri and Sorin should just hatefuck it out.

>sorin will warp her into a new Avacynn
>srsly, his first planeswalker ultimate ability was mindslaver

I would like to combine these two options, thank you.

Except Sorin didn't hear the calle because he was weakened so his involmement in what happened to Zendikar isn't as direct as Ms Genocide.

He's a monster for other reasons but he isn't guilty of what happened to Zendicar. Nahiri is a monster 100% guilty for what happened to Innistrad, and I'm not talking about an "upps I fucked up", no, she did everything on purpose.

Taking into account what part of the community and even some devs think, I believe the woe is me is a pretty possible situation.

Sorin failed to consider any emergency call from Zendikar because he stopped caring about it, plus the Helvault and Avacyn seemed to block any attempt at interplanar communication.

When he found it failed, he didn't care whatsoever. He was entirely apathetic regarding Nahiri's plight, when something as simple as saying "sorry" and helping her out could have not triggered a violent reaction.

He's indirectly responsible through his idiocy in that entire encounter with Nahiri, that led to her imprisonment.

> tfw Sorrin will never pet your head and tell you that you did passibly for young blood, but he'll take it from here
> Sorrin will never begrudgingly let you give him a hug.
Sorrin was the best dad in fiction, prove me wrong.

Nahiri is going to destroy...

- Tarkir because of Ugin having the gall to be dead/out of the picture (also Sarkhan was involved in the Jace/Chandra thing below)

- Vrynn and Kaladesh because Jace and Chandra are the ones who did the legwork of weakening the seal on the Eldrazi.

- Dominaria, because Nicol Bolas was also involved in the Jace/Chandra thing (and also because Liliana knows the two)

- Theros, because Gideon knows the two

- Ravnica, because it's the Jacetice League's base of operations

- Alara, because she learns that the Jacetice League and Tezzeret have a history and so assumes he was involved somehow.

Nahiri is actually the single greatest threat to the Multiverse right now, possibly excepting Nicol Bolas.

No. It doesn't WORK like that. Missing a call because you were accidentally in a no-service area while setting up protection for your house is NOT an excuse to leap straight into combat with intent to greviously harm or kill.

While Sorin was generally an apathetic asshole, he actually kept trying to de-escalate the situation as best he could given who he is, while Nahiri instead was the one who went from "Sorin is my teacher and friend" to "I'm going to kill thus fucker" inside of maybe 5 minutes max.

THEN she's the one who decided that because of the whole situation she was going to involve an entire plane of existence and the millions, maybe billions, of innocent people on it in her little grudge match.

Sorin's just an asshole, but at lest he's not an existential threat to the existence of the planes. Indeed, prior to Innistrad 2: Electric Boogaloo, every time we met him he was doing something that was intended to SAVE the Multiverse in one form or another.

Nahiri is just insane, pointless rage.

Their "revenge" cards in Magic even reflect this: Sorin's is direct, calculated, and and to the point. Nahiri's is all about throwing away your mind in order to hurt everything around her.

>Gatewatch is gonna be disbanded for a while.
>for a while.
This is why I rarely deal with the newer sets. Every once and a while I find a card I like, and then I get reminded that I'm now playing Marvel wearing Magic like Buffalo Bill. The only reason I haven't completely given up yet, is because of muh dinosaur tribal later in the year

Innistrad doesn't have enough sassy colored women and inexplicable black people, it will never get revisited.

>In Nahiri's case, she's wrong but the only thing that kept her from being right was the intervention of the Jacetice League.

Not really dude.

Sorin did actually go to Zendikar with the intention of fulfilling his oath. He only missed the alarm the first time by total mistake, and we know from the events of the OG Zendikar block that he fixed that problem as soon as able. Oaths are promises are actually pretty important to Sorin, he didn't just ignore Zendikar, he went there with the intention of keeping stuff under control.

If it weren't for the Jacetice League, NISSA would have been responsible for destroying Zendikar.

Both of them are as responsible as each other. Sorin's an asshole who doesn't give a fuck about anything outside his immediate sphere of influence, as soon as he has the excuse to not care, he won't. Hence his "don't try my patience" or "I am obligated to do nothing and I owe you nothing" or "go pester Ugin and leave me alone" right after the Eldrazi almost broke out. Nahiri is eye-for-an-eye, so like any Oldwalker, and just like Sorin, she'll do whatever she feels is necessary to get even (read: drop the Eldrazi on Innistrad, poetic justice).

Ugin's the only one of the three with a ghost of an excuse, and that's because he was dead at the time. And even then he's a lying sack of shit because he insisted "oh no we can't kill the Eldrazi, that would be bad for reasons I am not going to explain" so he could have his little science project.

Unless a huge asspull happens, most of that is impossible
She doesn't know where jace,chandra, and gideondominaria or that ravnica even exist
She would most likely get her shit fucked before she could do anything of note on dominaria
She doesn't know about tezzeret or alara
The only place she would have actual reasons to attack is tarkir

>Sorin did actually go to Zendikar with the intention of fulfilling his oath.
Thing is, we know he feels guilty about dumping Nahiri in the Helvault for a thousand years of demon rape, so it raises the question of whether he'd have bothered if he HADN'T put her there, or if he'd known Ugin was still around. If he knew somebody else would be there to deal with it, would he have cared since Innistrad now had its Avacyn protector and its Helvault?

It's an interesting question for Sorin's character and what was actually motivating his actions to visit Zendikar again. Personally I don't think he'd have bothered, myself - he went to find Ugin because with the seal broken and Nahiri where she was, Ugin was his last option.

>When he found it failed, he didn't care whatsoever.

Actually, if you look at that story, he definitely did care. His internal dialogue makes that pretty blatant.

He talked down to Nahiri purely out of pride. He gave a shit but the idea that this young whatever was telling him what he should do right now was utterly galling to him.

That story was supposed to get across that neither planeswalker was in a good state to be working with others at the time but neither was able to back down and accept a compromise. Nahiri could have just accepted that the Eldrazi did not get out and shit was a mistake, and Sorin was to depleted to do anything meaningful at the time. Sorin could have just popped over and had a look, then returned to Innistrad immediately, like within a day. Both were in no state of mind to compromise, though, so shit spiraled utterly out of control.

That said, is incorrect when he says both are as responsible as each other. Sorin literally made a mistake that didn't even release the Eldrazi, then after fixing that mistake continued to keep his word and return to Zendikar periodically. It was the interference of outside forces - Ugin, Jace, Chandra, Nissa - that actually released the Eldrazi. Nahiri on the other hand knowingly and maliciously unleashed Emrakul on Innistrad.

Sorin's indirect responsibility comes from the fact that he imprisoned the sole guardian of Zendikar and made her incapable of guarding the prison of the Eldrazi. He did this because she lashed out at him, yes. Yet she only lashed out at him due to the fact that he dismissed the importance of Zendikar and her both as the jail and jailer of the Eldrazi, simply because he was tired at the time.

The initial culprit of that escalating series of events was Sorin. If he stopped trying to out-do Nahiri at any stage and took the chance to be the better person, then Zendikar would have still had a lithomancer to guard it and keep the prison of the Eldrazi intact. Through knowingly preventing Nahiri from guarding Zendikar by shoving her in the Helvault, Sorin is indirectly responsible for the release of the Eldrazi.

Now, Nahiri is the worse person for being directly responsible for all the damage that Emrakul did to Innistrad but her justification for it (Sorin locked me away and as far as I can tell, he allowed my world to fall apart in my absence) is the tiniest bit more understandable and relatable to Sorin's justification for actions that indirectly led to the release of the Eldrazi (Nahiri is daring to challenge my authority and pride, I need to put this upstart in her place).

As a final comment, both of them are arrogant and psychotic monsters, perhaps as a result of being oldwalkers and I do acknowledge that Nahiri is likely the worst of the two of them at this point. But Sorin is indirectly responsible for the Rise of the Eldrazi.

>periodically
When was that ever said? Unless it's somewhere in the god-awful Zendikar novel.

All it would've taken was Nahiri taking a stroll over to Zendikar to actually see if that her assumption was true. She could still have her fight with Sorin, but she could've spared Innistrad the threat of the Eldrazi.

>Gatewatch is gonna be disbanded for a while
So Maro's autistic rant about how "Jacetice League" is offensive to him and the story team and that the Gatewatch would be involved in every block hereafter was all for nothing? They've given up on the idea already?

She did take a stroll over to Zendikar and as far as she could observe, her assumption was true.

After leaving the Helvault, her first action was to rush over to Zendikar to see what state it was in. What she found was that the Eldrazi were entirely free of their prison and rapidly deconstructing the entire plane.

As far as she was aware (thanks to misinformation from Ugin), there was no feasible way of killing the Eldrazi. Not only that but imprisoning them again would have likely taken the reconstruction of the hedron network and the aid of Ugin and Sorin once more, something that was impossible in her eyes as well. Then there was the fact that she was severely depowered by the Mending.

All of this made her feel like there was nothing she could do to save Zendikar, so she turned her attention to making Sorin suffer the same fate she had, since she held him responsible for keeping her from protecting Zendikar. The only thing she cared about was doomed to be eaten by the Eldrazi, after all.

She made a whole pile of assumptions and stupid decisions but they were based on her observation of Ulamog chewing up Zendikar.

>Sorin could have just popped over and had a look, then returned to Innistrad immediately, like within a day.

This is what always annoyed me most about that whole thing. More even than Nahiri having a short temper, at least that's understandable. Sorin's depleted, but even a depleted Oldwalker is still a fucking Oldwalker that could shit all over most things "currently" around save Nicol Bolas or possibly Ugin. He's still perfectly capable of planeswalking, and he actually does that when he senses Nahiri has arrived, pops into the Blind Eternities around to where she landed, then pops back out.

Weakened or not, a half an hour trip, even a fucking ten minute jaunt takes very little of an Oldwalker's time. He was still plenty strong enough to planeswalk around and fight her for a while, so he had no good reason to not go except "I don't want to", which was bound to trigger Nahiri's red-oriented short temper. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless he's deliberately not giving a fuck, which casts his entire motivations for going back to Zendikar into doubt and weirdness.

And then when Nahiri gets out, the focus is on "Innistrad will suffer because Zendikar suffered" and not "I want revenge on Sorin for letting me be raped by demons in a murdervault for a thousand years", which seems far more compelling and which he is absolutely guilty of, no questions asked.

The SOI/EM sets were a grand old Oldwalker pissing match, on the other hand, so I can't fault them for that.

No, I think they just figured out that putting all 5-6 of them in every block wasn't working because it means you can't meaningfully focus on them.

Compare Jace wandering around Innistrad to all five of them on Amonkhet, there's not enough room for the story to breathe, the PWs take up too much space (and they don't get enough of their own anyway) and also rob too much of the interesting stuff on the plane. Having 2-3 at most leaves them free to give more focus to the individuals, which seems to generally result in the writers producing better work.

>He was still plenty strong enough to planeswalk around and fight her for a while, so he had no good reason to not go except "I don't want to", which was bound to trigger Nahiri's red-oriented short temper. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless he's deliberately not giving a fuck

Character assassination.

Sorin was originally designed to be pretty much Elric for the neowalkers. Dark sorcerer with an albino appearance, wields a vampiric sword, from a myopic society of long-lived bon vivants whose excesses mostly just tire him now, mostly 'above' standard morality and out for himself but with a very stringent personal code and a willingness to do almost anything to preserve the overall balance of the multiverse.

But they wanted drama for SOI and the only way they could think of to do that without making Nahiri 100% wrong was to retcon everything and change Sorin into someone else.

Dont forget, she found the Eye if Ugin destroyed.

The failsafe for her world that only three people knew about.

Ugins dead, she was imprisoned. In the state she was in, its understandable that she concluded that Sorin destroyed the eye for some reason, dooming her world.

Which isnt entirely false. Nissa pulled the trigger on the Eye, but only because Sorin was being an untrustworthy cryptic shit who refused to explain what his actual plan was, and the only thing she knew about the Eye was that it had power over the Eldrazi. She thought she was keeping a doomsday weapon out of the hands of an evil vampire.

Just like with Nahiri, Sorin could have avoided an apocalypse by simply not being an aloof prick for five fucking minutes.

After an extended period of time wouldn't the places on his body being constantly hurt by the stone go numb so he no longer feels the pain and can planeswalk out?

Didnt Nissa outright destroy the last seals that kept the Eldrazi at bay? Wouldnt that mean Nahiri would have to destroy Zenikar? Or at the very least kill or monumentally fuck up Nissa?

Nahiri and the Gatewatch don't even know each other exist, and Sorin would be the only person who could tell Nahiri what Nissa did, and I don't think that conversation is going to happen any time soon.

>but only because Sorin was being an untrustworthy cryptic shit who refused to explain what his actual plan was
And chokeslamming people into walls for shits and giggles. Don't forget that part. If that's how he deals with all his problems, it's no wonder the Innistrad vamps hate his ass and it goes to shit so often there.

>Two of the three miss the call
>Nahiri goes to Sorin
>muh Avacyn, seals Nahiri
>Sorin goes to Ugin
>dont bother me unless you got Nahiri
>Sorin and Ugin eventually goes to Zendikar
>When shit hits the fan they say fuck it and leave

They all assholes. They need to at least drop a hint as to how and why destroying the titans was a bad idea. Obviously the Eldrazi will return but give us somethimg to look forward to.

Also just having the same walkers over and over again just gets boring, bloating the game with different versions of the same characters. Not only does it prevent focus on these same characters, but the new walkers introduced in each set lose the spotlight. I dont even know the sames for the new walkers in SoI, or EM (if there were any at all).

Oh god. We know that the Eldrazi are drawn to crazy mana shit going down and they eat it. That was the bait for the hedron trap.

I wonder if the Mending still out have happened if the Eldrazi had not been trapped. What if their criteria for eating worlds was worlds that had become unstable? Like maggots eating dead flesh and cleaning a wound before the infection kills the host.

I can't tell if this poster is a triggered /pol/tard or if he's just imitating one. It sounds like he's just imitating one.

Is Sorin a strong enough planeswalker to telepathically tell someone to release him? Like Ugin did to Sarkhan. Or is that a special type of magic only Ugin can use? Can strong beings on plane like Sigarda sense his presence while he's stuck?

Something on Innistrad is going to go to shit and he'll end up getting released. Olivia will probably send Thalia to do it.

Mending 2.0 incoming lads, you heard it here first.

Well maybe they shouldn't have pushed colorless so hard then

Trying to initiate the usual thread derail that's been going on with magic for the last few months. Devolving into a hate filled circle jerk instead of the thread's topic.

Thalia is good at unsealing big rocks. And Sorin definitely could. He was an oldwalker too

>Bolas a bigger threat than eldrazi
This will always be bullshit

He's supposed to be one of the three stronkest planeswalkers with cards, alongside Ugin and Bolas (though obviously he and Ugin are way below Bolas). He's got like ten thousand years on everyone else.

He does do mind control shit but WotC has Sorin routinely forget his own abilities.

Fuck Nahiri

>one is part of the natural cycle that eats planes
>the other is a megalomaniac that at the peak of his power could casually break planes by just being there, could create and remake new ones at will, and probably killed the original creator of phyrexia

i finally figured out why tamiyo looks so fucking weird in this picture. it's because she's on the ground using her legs.

All oldwalker were that powerful. And oldwalkers couldn't beat eldrazi.

Bolas was far more powerful than "all oldwalkers". Urza or Teferi, for example, didn't break planes just by entering them.

Because they didnt want to vecause they werent dick dragons?

It wasn't a deliberate thing that Bolas did. They broke when he entered anywhere besides at specific leyline confluences because he was simply too powerful for them to handle his presence. A side effect of him being him.

>tfw Thalia will never handle your big rock

Read the lore again. The Oldwalkers actually COULD beat the Eldrazi, it's just that Ugin didn't want to; he was afraid that the Eldrazi served a greater purpose, and that it would be unwise to kill them when they could just be sealed away if they were necessary in the future.

This theory seems to be true, based on what we know when Jace mind-melded with Emrakul. Of course, whether it was just Emrakul who had a purpose, or all of the Eldrazi Titans, we'll never know.

>She thought she was keeping a doomsday weapon out of the hands of an evil vampire.
Originally it was explained that the plan was to keep the Eldrazi on Zendikar. Sorin was a dick, but Nissa didn't break the Eye because of Sorin, but because she hoped the Eldrazi would get the hell off Zendikar, not eat her homeworld, and stop fueling the roil.

Nope.

Before Ugin showed up and did his "wait we can't kill them" speech, Sorin and Nahiri were both trying to destroy one of the Eldrazi, and they had no reason to hold back at that point. TWO oldwalkers together couldn't kill Ulamog.

We have canonical evidence that together, Nahiri and Sorin didn't stand a chance against Ulamog alone and were beaten off of a plane by it.

Which is complete bullshit that the Jacetice League was able to fell two titans. Maybe the Eldrazi was also affected by the Mending?

And they had succeeded at 'killing' Ulamog before. But he reformed, because they didn't yet know that the true bodies of the Eldrazi Titans were in the Blind Eternities.
By the time they knew how to actually kill the Eldrazi Titans, they had already been hoodwinked into Ugin's plan to keep them alive.

To be fair, they did have basically all the mana on Zendikar at their fingertips to deal with them. If they had fought Ulamog and Kozilek on any other plane, they would have lost.

Sorin and Nahiri failed because they were fighting Ulamog like it was just some big creature, with no actual idea how the Eldrazi work.

The Gatewatch only beat two titans fully utilizing Ugins research and a present hedron network, plus another few one time only miracles.

Without Ugins Eldrazi research, Nahiri and Sorin simply lacked the tools to ever fight more than a finger of Ulamog, their attacks never reaching anything important or saving the plane.

The Jacetice League exploiting Ugin's knowledge, an entire plane's worth of mana and a previously established infrastructure made by Nahiri.

The death of Kozilek and Ulamog was the culmination of a whole bunch of deus ex machina.

Dont forget a late game save by Thrassa's bident, letting the Roil overflow into the oceans of other worlds. Without it, Zendikar would have exploded.

If Sorin doesn't kill her I'm going to be pissed.

Kys

The funny thing is, the complaint doesn't even make sense.

We've already revisited Innistrad. Is that guy just too young to remember that there was another Innistrad set before SOI?

Hell, we're about to go back to Dominaria.

MtG "lore" is pure shit

You are literally a fucking retard, a worthless mental defective, if you spend any time thinking about the lore besides hating it.

It's the most derivative meaningless anti-art garbage. They are expressing nothing. It means NOTHING. It has no connection to the real world and it's made for people who are disconnected from reality in order to keep them that way.

It's entire point is 'OMFG LOOK HOW FUCKIN TOTALLY AWESOME THIS IS OMFG', which only appeals to infantilized retards with serious development issues.

Before (((Hasbro)))'s takeover, they actually made an effort to give the game the tiniest bit of substance in art direction. Since then it's just this acid trip conglomerate of every fantasy trope.

TL;DR
You're all totally fucking retarded. Kill yourselves.

I wish I could get this mad over something this inconsequential. Hell of a talent you've got there.

If Sorin does kill her then I'm going to be pissed.

It's copypasta.

Who should do it then? The Gatewatch who have no idea that she's even alive?

I'd prefer she lived, and killed Sorin. I don't really appreciate the direction the plot tends to go. Fuck all of these characters.

If she was going to kill Sorin he would be dead right now, not just stuck in a rock. There's no reason for the writers to keep him alive only to have her actually kill him later.

>Innistrad doesn't have enough sassy colored women and inexplicable black people, yet
Ftfy
We'll probably see a revisit in a few years with significantly more diversity.

If they didn't do this a year and a half ago why would they do it in a few years? seems like an irrational concern.

Eh, I understand that but killing her off seems like the laziest writing they could do.

Well, look at this image.

There's three ways of looking at it.
>This image shows a bunch of vampires preparing to kick ass. Who fucking cares what race they are, holy shit, what sort of freak would obsess over that nonsense?
>This image shows a disgusting alien-looking nigger shoved into a Eurocentric setting for no apparent reason, in an attempt by WotC to pander to an audience that doesn't play the game.
>This image shows a vampire that is a black woman dressed in a similar fashion to the vampire that is a white woman in the image, showing successful integration into the society of Innistrad without looking out of place.

Which one would you say is the most accurate?

Also, there's this guy.

Choose one of the following:
>This character's race doesn't factor into how I view the art of this card.
>I think that the art of this card is improved by the race of the character that is depicted.
>I think that the art of this card is worsened by the race of the character that is depicted.

Uh, 1 and 1?

I don't think option 3 for the first image is correct because I don't think they ever delved into any sort of back story regarding the racial tensions between vampires on Innistrad. But one black vampire being present among a large group of them isn't that out of the question, or isn't even really that weird.

being placed on doesn't really bother me, and I can't see why it would bother anyone else. Regardless of whether Innistrad is "Eurocentric", Kaladesh is "India-centric", Tarkir is "North Asia-centric", they all have people of all colors on them and no one really cares. That's the assumption most people have.

Like does Koth make you upset? Or is it purely "blacks on my Innistrad"? Because unless they explicitly stated that "there are no non-whites on Innistrad", I really don't understand why you would think that would be the case and be shocked to find that it's not.

>being this sheltered that a single black person in the picture on your playing cardboard is this upsetting
What card is that art from? It's real nice.

Honestly, I've got no opinion on it. I've just seen other people that were utterly disgusted by the same art because muh SJWs, muh cultural marxism, muh Day of the Rope.

I don't like this art because the one black vampire is dressed entirely in white, which really makes her catch the eye (especially with the dark sky and foreground). Sorin is supposed to be the focus of the scene, not some un-named, minor, BS character. It really ruins the piece.

That said, I'm certain that it's just an oversight. Completely accidental. What possible reason would WotC or the artist have to make the one black vampire stand out more?

Why would you want Nahiri to live?

She's like the worst character around. Or almost worst, after Nissa and Chandra.

Option one is most accurate in both cases.

I don't give a fuck about what race these characters are. I also find it hilarious that you think a setting like Innistrad is 'Eurocentric' and use this as an excuse to whine about black people.

Innistrad isn't fucking real. It's not Europe and there's no reason to have it be racially exactly like Europe in whatever time period you jerk off to. You don't seem to know what the word Eurocentric even means.