Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Have you ever played as a maid or butler type character? How did it go?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82996/from-the-other-end-of-heaven
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82997/youre-the-village-now
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closes in 1 day)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Closes in 3 weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82996/from-the-other-end-of-heaven (Closes in 3 weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82997/youre-the-village-now (Closes in 5 days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale (Closing in 12 days)

What games are you apping to, user? What games have you considered making apps for?

>(Closes in 1 day)
>[anxiety intensifies]

Its ok Tuvarkz, you can always fucking bamboozle and cement your reputation as a shitter

I'm actually one of the applicants, not Tuv.
Still anxious af.

Why? Either you'll get in and play that sure disaster, or you won't and it doesn't matter

I want to play at that chargen.

Its not all its cracked up to be

I want to play gestalt dammit, and Kawase's rules are too autistic.

another will come about

Is this what adapting path of war to starfinder is like? Do we get these?

I dunno, man, it seems more like we'll be getting Warframe stylings than Destiny, but both SHOULD be doable.

Now I'm imagining a party all influenced by different games coming together, though.

T_T I miss dust. Sadly Rogue Trader or one of the other warhams games is probably the best option for it.

One more picture, because I'm saaaaaaaad.

Sunbreakers seem doable with path of war thingies, solar wind stances blah blah blah.

>Party sits down to share their characters with everyone
>The soldier is basically a krogan
>The mechanic is Vauban
>Solarion is a Sunbreaker
>The envoy is a rogue trader
>Operator is a Starcraft Ghost
Fuck, I'd actually love to see this.

>TFW Second Dream
>TFW headcanon that Vauban is a normal human genius using his SCIENCE to make a supersuit and keep up with Tenno
>TFW destroyed.

Feels bad man.

Then Psionics gets introduced. I mean, Kerrigan is a psionics character too (wilder & aberrant aegis gestalt).

>too autistic
;_;

Dude your rules are autistic as fuck, that game looks like a meme

I'm personally not too broken up about that, since it opened up a lot of weirder frame designs. for instance, have you seen the legs on Strega Trinity? Or Inaros' or Octavia's limbs? I feel like it was a solid addition, and opens up a lot of interesting shit.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing if I can't make "Basically a Tenno" in Starfinder, because that'd be real fuckin' cool. We have confirmation that mechanics with an exocortex can install Drone mods into themselves, so if you want to go for a cybered up supersoldier, that'd be the way to do it.

Not in a pathfinder game, but I once played an elven maid in 5e. Basically she was a servant to the party's paladin, obsessed with keeping things clean, and sort of a cheerleader for him pumping him up.

She would use Unseen Servant and Prestidigitation to clean rooms in the dungeon, which came in very handy when a group of goblins scattered caltrops down an entire hallway and when traps were hidden under layers of dust.

We eventually TPK's to a group of hobgoblins. Still, had fun. Would not mind playing a commoner sometime in Pathfinder

Cute.
Which of the outfits did she wear?
Classical?

>servant
>cheerleader
>"pumping" him "up"
Uh huh.

It'll be one if nobody's willing to read them.

Those rules are pretty much concentrated autism. I doubt anyone less autistic than 2hu would be willing to play under them.

i read enough to roll my eyes, quintuple WBL, extra spells, super stats, this chargen is a 100000% meme dude

Played a guy who was a full-fledged knight, but he never got out of his squire phase so he pretty much worked as a butler for the party, so does that count?

Yes.

I guess this is what happens when you try to backport an entire system to PF ;-;

Maybe you're just actually autistic because this chargen looks like a parody of /pfg/ chargen

Yeah, but they didn't need to ruin the mystique to have those design options.

I mean, the headcanon that Vauban is a normal dude didn't mean that everyone had to be one.

The whole 'actually just infested blobs of meat' thing is pretty neat, it's just the potato children that mostly bugged me.

But yeah, I'm keen to see what kind of shenanigans can be gotten up to.

Also that big open-worldy update they revealed at Tennocon looks cool as hell and will probably get me back into the game for at least a while.

It's still lower powered than the game I've been running, which is why I'm fairly confident I can handle something of this tier.

I don't care? I'm not interested?

How does one even respond to this? If the answer is "you don't", why respond at all?

maybe you should take the hint and fuck off with your shilling, chinaman

>shilling
>never brought it up on my own after dropped the link
What are you even smoking m8, show me on the doll where I clicked you.

I hope we get a class for being a genetic monster.

Are you retarded in addition to being autistic?

Probably also an aberrant aegis.

See that's what I hate about Aberrant Aegis.

THEMATICALLY it's great!

But the actual things it can do are kinda garbage or just unimpressive outside of tentagrappler.

Wouldn't that be more of a race than a class though? Unless you carry syringes around and have to j-j-jam it in every time you level and swell your arm that way.

Maybe I'm just confused as to why, exactly, you are so butthurt. Like, it's one thing to say "your chargen is retarded, and here's why", it's another to seem personally affronted by more or less nothing. Or are you accusing me of samefagging everything?

Thought of Osirion, but if people are trying to play cumrags, I wouldn't fit in.

So thats a yes

Where does Osiron imply cumrags? Setting and tone isn't really implying that for me? People are going to play fapbait unless you specifically tell them not to no matter what the setting is, there's no guarentee who's chosen.

If we're talking heroes of the storm version, stukov could maybe come across as an alchemist.

True enough, the game doesn't imply it at all, but there was discussion of wanting to play a character passed between the other PCs, which would kinda set the tone. I might still app, but I just recently left a game that seemed normal until it was swamped in ERP, then we started fighting sex zombies and stupid shit, so the idea of lewd apps is turning my stomach. I'll think on it and check the general tone of the apps as it progresses. I'm just being stupid.

It's time, /pfg/.
Stat yourself.

Where have all the good DMs gone? Or rather, why are we only funding what feels like the bottom of the barrel? Is this proof we're a stagnant community?

Nigga who the fuck cares what other people app with, you can tell the DM privately you don't want a lewd game.

Str 8
Dex 24
Con 10
Int 999
Wis 1
Cha 999
Handsome 999
Charming 999

Everyone, hold your horses.
What do you think is the lewdest character that can be made solely from mechanical options without any fluff at all?
Is your magical realm of the kind where you can look at a statblock and spot the fetish, or is it something you have to add with fluff?
Back to the regularly scheduled shit/lewdposting.

Wasnt that conversation about WotR?

The good GMs are running games, user, and they will do so until those games end and their schedule clears up again.

If you never give NEW GMs a chance, how are you ever going to get into a game with a good GM? The waiting game is the clearest example of a shit game there ever was. I like to think of myself as a good GM, and I wouldn't mind proving that to you faggots desu

Expert 2.

What would you run? Or is your game already recruiting?

I am recruiting for Village and hopefully I will get to run Fiendish Intrigue when Village starts to wrap up.

Drop the voice you memester

But text-only games are unbearably slow, user.

Seducer Witch, Gingerbread Witch, Enchanting Courtesan.

Magical realm items include the Mask of the Demon Mother, Night Tea, Bachelor's Snuff, Mask of the Demon Mother, and holy shit Mask of the Demon Mother.

Also, worshiper of Arshea.

Enchanting Courtesan.

Seducer Witch explicitly calls for sex in one of their class abilities, none of the other classes come close to being that open. Enchanting Courtesan and Companion to the Lonely only ask for physical activity or a kiss, not "have sex."

But you know as well as me that sex and lewdness are not the same thing.
One can have lewd for miles without benis entering bagina once, or even any of those coming up.

I expect a character whose line of work involved regular sexual activity to be fairly lewd. I can see how you could make a character who isn't lewd and has regular sex, but that feels more exception than rule.

Mask of the Demon Mother is, however, the single lewdest thing you could have in your possession. That and being an evil worshiper of Lamashtu. It literally means you can and probably are fucking animals.

Who do you think will get into WotR to be Tuvarkz's DMPC's fucktoy?

I doubt there will be a DMPC.

6 players and they're not all ladyknights

>No DMPC
>In a campaign where the DM openly admitted they were fetishpicking

Yeah

Didnt stop PLD

Imagine you're a tiefling with a tail, can you swich from bow to sword from your hands to your tail as free action?

Well you have to remember that in PLD the DM gets to rape the PCs

also It has totally had DMPCs I think

>Ask group if they have a primary damage dealer
>"Yes"
>Make a debuffer secondary damage dealer
>Turns out I outdamage him by a lot because the fucker deals 1d8+4
How can a barb deal so little at 5th level? Is impossible

>1d8+4

What the hell is he doing?

Get his sheet.
If the numbers are wrong, correct them.
If they're right, see if you can change his build.
Weapon switches at the least, those don't need retcons.

Ability score, feat or rage power changes too, maybe.

>1d8+4

If he using a longsword, one handed, with 4th strength base? Thats the only way these numbers make sense.

14 strength*

You are like a little baby. Call me when you're level 7 and your allies are still doing 1d8+1. At least the bow rogue had sneak attack to add to that, right?

I hate that people
>No, that role is already taken, fuck you
>Ok
>Turns out they suck the infinity and beyond at that role so the whole group suffers from literally derpy mchurrdurr failing hard
In the last campaign we had a Bard who not only never used inspire courage, color spray, grease, etc but also only used a whip to Aid and a crossbow to deal damage without feats like quick reload and shit. He only had shit like mirror image, invisibility and flee spells for himself when shit hit the fan which was always because we were essentially a 3 man group who had to distribute xp and gold for an additional retard dealing against encounters meant for 4 man group.

We were 8th level and the dude thought a +2 to AC to a single attack to a single target was "helping". He basically was a dead weight, but don't you dare try to replace him or tell him how to play. Got kicked later.

Did you ask him why he didn't use inspire courage?

>and your allies are still doing 1d8+1
Are any of those allies a "primary damage dealer" as he's supposed to be the best in the group?.

13 str, 17 with Rage, longsword two handed as far as I could see, he doesn't let people (except the GM) look at his char sheet.

>13 STR
>on a barbarian
>2hing a longsword

This nigga needs help. Offer him help. The first thing he needs to do is get a greatsword

Whats the pointbuy, holy shit, 13 strength what the fuck... I need to see this sheet

Assuming you don't want a gimmick game, Dominions looks like a reasonable pick to me. You just need to give the GM a chance.

>Finally got around to reading Kawase's wall of homebrew
>MFW it's literally retarded

I'm really glad that a 1st level commoner has a better chance of being able to dodge a braced spear than a 20th level Fighter.

Iron gods looks ok

20 point buy for everyone.
His AC is quite high for a Barb so I assume he has 18+ on Dex.

I pointed out the existance of dervish dance and urban barbarian but seems he turned a deaf ear to my words

>Its a dex barbarian

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Still though get that nigga a greatsword, least he can do is do more damage

Yeah, I realized that problem, but unless I do something like "dex check, fixed DC" you end up with Brace being useless rubbish anyway.

Maybe you should stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

I don't think it makes sense to need to 'ready' an action to do what amounts to "point the end at the charger when he's getting close".

Maybe you should stop trying to fix what isn't broken

>Its a dex barbarian
It would be if he used dex though, like I said, his damage is ridiculously low and so is to hit

They have helper NPCs which the other players control when the party gets split

Hey guys

I'm playing a dex based cavalier (daring champion) and I'm having the problem of being terrible in grapples and the like. Should I go for feats to boost my CMD/CMB, or should I try find a way to get escape artist?

can you like, really nicely bring up that you think you can make his character a lot stronger by re-arranging his stats?

I mean such is the penalties of being a dex build

once your level goes up you can get freedom of movement and never have to worry about grapple

You do know that bracing is a readied action, right? So when you do it, you get an attack in addition to the AoO. You're literally digging in your heels, and sticking the haft in the ground.

That's why it's a standard, and why it's distinct from just taking an AoO you utter moron.

I doubt the game will go much past level 10 so getting that 20k gold together might be tough.

And brace is basically the way of fucking RUINING mounted charge builds, they risk being fucking obliterated as they try to lance people

Kawase's retarded setup means that you should be bracing whenever possible, which means charging is now shit because it can obliterate yourself, and you have to stop short of where you can hit likely

>Dexfag
Gross

Don't get grappled senpai

Yes. All of them, ostensibly. Rangers, hunters, gunslingers, and the bow rogue. All focused on dealing damage, all of them sucked. One absolutely refused to get Precise Shot because she wanted Improved Natural Attack for her claws she never used. Then she complained she couldn't hit for shit. They wouldn't buy composite bows. They wouldn't enchant their weapons. The most they did was one of them cast Gravity Bow, granting her 2d6+1.

It is impossible that anyone would actually charge someone who has propped his pike up at you, most animals are intelligent enough to not do that. Brace as a Readied Action means it's worthless because everyone can see you doing it. Alternatively, it means that you have to use a standard action to...get ready to just point the spear at a guy who's getting close to you, as you don't have time to dig in and form a one-man pikewall when he's bearing down at you on a horse.

No, I simply think that Readied Brace doesn't make any fucking sense, I cannot for the life of me visualize what the fuck is happening.

You see that someone might charge you

You prepare to fucking obliterate them because you know they're going to charge you, its preparing to him them if they come at you, holy shit its just reading an attack with a spear

And so...why the fuck does it take a standard action to take what amounts to an AoO? That's the point. Either it's highly visible (it isn't) and nobody charges you, or it's literally just pointing the spear at the guy as he draws close, and in that case mine actually fucking helps him out, as he can avoid the attempted extra AoO from bracing entirely. But sure, I deleted it, you can stop shitting up threads about rules I've used forever with no problems.