Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

nightmare soulgrinders Edition

previous >FAQ:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than your sex life

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/
blacklibrary.com/new-titles/featured/fearful-symmetries-eshort.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6Jg9VF4vLyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Sonic Dreadnoughts

Disregard Guardfags/Acquire thread diversity

N O B Z
O
B
Z

IN

A

N A U T
A
U
T

Do you give your dudes stories and names?

Or does that not cross your mind!

Reposting from old thread: are new terminator models (e.g., blood angels, deathwing, or the termie captain) larger / bulkier than the generic SM terminator models? The most obvious difference is the head and the crux terminator but they also seem more impressive in general, and not only because of the detail. Can anyone provide a comparison?

also, FW FAQ: warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

MARINELET
MAKE WAY

Here comes the diversity, prepare for your thread to be enriched.

New Abaddon model fucking when

To think this originally started with imperiumfags mocking 'noiselets'.

Who's being mocked now? Heh.

Dark Triumvate feat. Mortarion, Typhus & Abbadon when?

Okay so this is obviously some spicy new meme. Can anyone explain it's Genesis?

When the new GW boardroom has fulfilled their dream of a full tittyfulgrim and his legion, aka all the daemon primarchs first.

His model is fine, the pose could be a little more dynamic, but there are far more pressing models in need of an update in the Chaos Space marine line.

September

We need someone to shop helmets on this.

>that star of david on the gun
are Orks the most jewish race?

link me to chinese aliexpress recasters I want forgeworld shit but not at forgeworld prices

Who would you put as the girl?

>Mortarion, Typhus & Abbadon

>Not Fabius Bile, Fabius Bile and Fabius Bile

>noiselet newfag doesn't know anything about memes
Can't make this shit up

Lol those manlet titties

Yvraine

This is from the new short story released today going into some of the details about the Tyranids

>‘The data-codex demonstrates the tyranids to be a highly hostile and adaptable race – an alien swarm made up of many different forms, each engineered for a specific purpose. Their aggression seems not to proceed from cultural prejudice or territorial concerns. They exist only, it seems, to assimilate encountered life into their bio-matrix. The building blocks of such life are then employed to propagate the tyranid species further. The gene-harvesting of victim-species assists in the engineering of further organism types and convey upon the alien swarm various environmental and aggressive advantages. A genetic arms race, if you will, in which the tyranid grows stronger with each new conquest.’

-
>It didn’t just want to kill him; it wanted to assimilate him. To absorb his flesh and craft atrocity from it. To become one with his essence, the building blocks of his existence, and rob him not just of his life but of the future of his entire race.

Why are the Tyranids so focused on assimilating the genetic material of other species and growing stronger? It's an arms race but against who? Do the Tyranids have some unknown enemy somewhere that requires them to go to these lengths to ensure they are the strongest living species around?

Thats the star of Gork ya git

>Anti-Titan detachment

Chaos

MASAKA

Mira

good one

>‘Ballistics in three, two, one. Mark.’

>With a brief flash, the automaton weapon fired its foremost barrel upon the restrained monstrosity. A las-bolt ricocheted off the shell-like carapace, prompting the gaunt to hiss its displeasure. The servo-arm descended to almost point-blank range and fired again, resulting in a small explosion of burned chitin and a squeal from the tyranid creature. The servo-arm retreated above the beast to reveal that the second shot had barely penetrated the creature’s organic armour plating.

>‘Having already detailed the construct’s devastating physical capabilities, it seems ranged combat is our best option against these xenos beasts,’ Kryptman extrapolated. ‘By far the most common weapons available in the Imperium are las-based in their technology, but as we can see, strikes in the nineteen to twenty-two megathule range struggle to penetrate the fused, chitinous plates sported by many bio-constructs. Even successful penetrative blasts would be fortunate to hit an essential organ in Gaunti gladius’s sparse physiology.’

Las-weapons have a hard time penetrating the chitin armor of GAUNTS.

More and more we realize that lasguns are literally the worst basic weapon in 40K.

Just no.

BANAKA

macha

ok anons is this thing worth the points? or are landraiders going to be more cost effective for CSM?

It has -1 to hit while moving, user. It makes me sick.

Grot blastas are the worst basic weapon, followed by cultist autoguns, lasguns are maybe 3rd.

>‘The living surgical vivisection of the third xenos subject has been a success,’ Kryptman announced, producing a data-slate and scanning down it, ‘with the complete specimen recovered for further analysis, documentation and testing. The creature has demonstrated... a considerable resilience to shock and biological commitment to its genetically-engineered purpose. The chitin-carapace and skeletal structures stand up well to conventional blades, necessitating the use of chain- and power-tools.’ The inquisitor grinned. ‘The close combat equivalents of these tools would be expected to stand the best chance of wounding tyranid constructs at close quarters on the battlefield.’

Gaunts are remarkable resistant to melee'ed attacks which necessitates the usage of chain and power weapons to do damage to the creatures.

No wonder the Orks were struggling against the Nids. Da choppas weren't cutt'en it, boss

Can't shoot, can't scoot, awkward capacity, eats your dudes, costs an arm, a leg, and a soul. Gee, what do you think?

Nth for still trying to find source that Krondor campaign is rigged

What's a good paint scheme for a chapter under the influence of a powerful navigator house ?

t. toughness 3 humie shitter

Who needs a source? There are 2 times the number of Imperium players. They just win by default due to numbers.

Doesn't need to be rigged by GW, it already will be with Codex: Space Marines out roughly at the same time it releases, kind of like how the AoS one had Order win by a landslide right after they released Sylvaneth, and mostly Order Battletomes before that.

Not gonna stop me from playing and getting rewards at my local GW though.

> the way the chicks eye just drop when they look at the manlet
Top kek.
Manlets
When will they learn

Learn what? You can't change your height.

Cosmetics Peddler has a navigator splat with house descriptions and heraldry, look there.

>rewards at local gw

What kind of shit are they giving away? Not just those shitty trading cards right?

gib forgeworld recaster links

Local GW is giving away dice pouches

Guardfags are the new taufags.

They have the trading cards still, but they also have dice bags, stratagem cards, tokens, and some other things I don't care much for.

I was left shaking and disturbed by this scene. Fucking heartless Imperials.

ok .. well regualr landraider has same hit problems on the move. i was hoping having twice the lascannon shots would help offset that.

I was only looking at it as a fire platform (not transport) I guess i won't finish out this repair job. (see pic)

SpeakIng of GSC, i want to try get more milage out of my acyolyte hybrids kits since they're so expensive but come with some many arms and heads. What other kit would be a good source of legs and torso that woukd be fitting. I was thinking AoS crypt ghouls maybe.

Whats your local one giving those away for?

The regular CSM LR has POTMS.

Grox lives matter

Do we HAVE guardfags?

>well regualr landraider has same hit problems on the move
They have not

Also, that is a Proteus

Not with that attitude.

What's this from anyway? I love Kryptman shit

>Also, that is a Proteus
nah i'ts a landraider spartan (just need to add the lower lascannons in the sopnsoons.

Proteous must be far newer than the original spartan (that was one of the old original landraiders not a fw kit)

blacklibrary.com/new-titles/featured/fearful-symmetries-eshort.html

>Proteus
spartan .. see pic

and you are just a regular fag

50 conscripts are a terminator equivalent, get over it

Well yeah, the carapace is hard to penetrate.

That's why you aim for the softer skin areas rather than the plating.

/ourguy/ back at it again BTFO'ing gaysworkshops terrible model designs

youtube.com/watch?v=6Jg9VF4vLyU

>shoots armoured plate with anti-infantry gun
>suppriswd when it dosent work
IMAGIN MY SHOCK

Any release date for codices?

How does lasgun compared to our modern Earth weaponry? Can an AK-47 kill a tyranid?

Why is Kryptman the only fucker in M41 with any common sense?

>stratagem cards
Are they like cards for all of the stratagems and all the scenarios in the base book?

Literally who?

>armored plate on an infantry unit that outnumbers you 10K to one.

I'm not clicking on your link, but the way you worded your post assures me it is bait of the highest caliber, so have this half-hearted (You)

to bad his opinion is shit

what's with the extreme reaction?
it's just a slug with a big mortar on it
sure, it's nothing special, but it's not worth shitting your pants over

Truly the apex of evolution

Why the fuck WOULDNT you start with your basic line infantry weapon if you're trying to science the shit out of killing them?

orks are OP

It's statted identically to autorifles, which ARE equivalent to modern weaponry.

his voice tells me his part time lover is a sheep

>that length of time
>for thoses bad opinions
Autsim

Lasgun is comparably lethal to autoguns which are pretty much modern assault rifles.

An AK could do it but it would have a hard time, between the bullet proof armour plates and resilient multi level redundant organs. A soldier could likely empty his whole clip into one as it charges him and stil fail to kill it before it kills him.

You'd do it as a single test in a set of tests, so then you'd shoot the fleshy part, and maybe diffrent parts of the exo`

Search specifics, not broad ranges. Eg Astra Militarum Sentinel vs Astra Militarum or Sentinel.

If you go through the stuff in /r/yoyhammer it's piss-easy to find the websites. You might need a VPN for some of them.

GW shills out in full force today. That's what I get for posting during UK working hours haha

you're too easy to spot

>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Point and laugh at this retard

Or maybe also test at different ranges for penetration? HHHHMMMM

>everyone who disagrees is a shill

you just showed how mature you are
come back when you are older than 14

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
He does that in the extract, so that goes without saying

>calling some nobody /ourguy/
>they get shit on
>haha youre all shills haha like why did i post right now haha caught you hahaha
is that your video, user?

The opposite, actually.

Will people still consider Eldar to be OP?

I started playing Eldar when I picked up this game a long time ago because I liked the idea of having a lot of supportive psykers backing my people, so I went with ulthwe.

But when playing people all I get is bitching that I am broken and then proceed to complain about things I am not even using or something that I have no other option to take for its role.
I don't use wraithknights to much wraiths in general which is common to hear them whine about being broken in 7th and when I use my wave serpents to transport my 2-3 guardian squads to their needed locations they bitch about my transport but it is the only one I have and when I tell them that they tell me the falcon can transport but it can't hold even the smallest guardian squad I can take.

I always take as many seers/warlocks I can because those are the biggest reasons I even wanted this army but then they bitch about them being on bikes and tell me I should footslog them or put them in a transport only to hear about how wave serpents are broken after I ask them if they want to have another one of them on the field.

Am I in for another edition of people complaining? I just want a army that supports and looks after itself.

@54247475

I give my Custodes names at least
Old phoenician ones

The design is pretty good, but painting the body entirely bone with nothing to break it up was a mistake.

>every army I like the fluff of, I don't like the gameplay of and vice versa