Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1603: The Burning Jumper Birgade

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x0q-CONP2GA
youtu.be/3GXCo-InnpU
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4CV18U0V8
fanfiction.net/s/5670737/1/I-wouldn-t-exactly-call-that-sitting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/jc/, what are some good economic perks/purchases? By good I mean, for example, buying Pokeyen in Pokemon Trainer is bad because it only equals about $500 US worth, but things like the money exchange from Monopoly or Allowance from Teen Titans are good, because they give ongoing benefits that will help in future jumps.

What is the most stereotypically jumper thing to do?

Sitting in the warehouse playing vidya with the benefactor, only leaving to acquire waifus and blow stuff up.

v0.96
Changelog: Added Butterfly Net perk. Minor spelling/layout changes.

What perks would let me have anime hair and eye colors without anyone in universes that don’t have those colors noticing?

Hair dye and mind control.

Tropico and heist both have bank accounts that follow you and presumably convert your money to local money.

Kung Fu Hustle has the Bystander discounted perk "Graft": $1000 to $50000 per day.
There's also the Bystander discounted item "Piles of Cash": Enough cash to cover the surface of a desk 6-8 inches deep. It gives it to you at the start of the jump, but it can be modified by further point expenditures.

Batmans real power, millions of dollars a year. Forever. With a bat credit card to translate money of any kind into other money.

Sounds like a hell of a party

Mage the Awakening.
250cp for for $10,000,000/month thanks to Resources.

Here's an idea.

You know all those fanfiction stories or quests where someone from a setting (usually one with low magic or somehow weaker) is the reincarnation of someone from another, or otherwise gains their abilities?

How would you manipulate souls to do that? This isn't for companions, but rather just to see what happens.

Dress of Heavens from Fate IIRC can do that

There's prolly a soul theft ability somewhere in these Jumps that would allow you to do this manually. You'd either have to knock someone up or craft the new body, but that's not impossible either.

I vaguely remember JJBA having a perk that has friends be reincarnated, but i dont think that brings powers along

EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID IS TRUE THERES NO HOPE SON THEY NEVER LEARN

This seems to be what I'm looking for, but I'd probably just learn how to do it from studying the dress. rather than dress in drag.

>craft the new body

Well, no. The idea is to take the soul, go to a new jump (honestly, it will probably be ASoIaF) and then time travel to the point where the target person was born, then put the soul in before they develop their own. At no point should it be known that I was involved. I just want to observe how that person lives and adapts to their abilities.

>that spoiler

uh... okay?

>uh... okay?
It just the next line in the song of the picture title.

Oh. Well, not exactly, or not as I've ever heard it. That's probably why I was confused.

"IF everything that you said is true, there's no hope they'LL ever learn".

I think the yugioh jump gives that. It's imaged.

Well shit

"If everything that you've said is true, then there's no hope that someday they will learn"

I didn't ever hear that as 'someday'

Oh, you're right. It's been a while since I've listened to it, I guess.

Anima Beyond Fantasy has the Book of Essence, which is all about this sort of thing. As long as you have some way of transporting it with you, Transmigrate Soul will let you shove it into a new body, with the interesting potential side effect of the previous soul still being there, just asleep.

Tapping into Divine Magic can get you Lord of Souls, which specifically notes that it allows for "Nephilim Birth", which is when the soul of a supernatural creature is reborn in a human, resulting in the human having access to a lesser version of the original's abilities, though they lose their memories due to it.

I do know where to get odd colors, it’s the “No one in worm/ Nine to five/ Kamen Rider notices I have green hair” effect I’m looking for.

You didn't put a price to keep the butterfly net perk, permanently.

Are there any perks that make you good at organizing big events.

Just being smart? Hell get an AI secretary from somewhere.

I forgot to post a reply for the second bit last thread. I've thought about Dropping In as an origin other than Drop-In, or maybe altering an origin for better story uses. Like, say, keeping the same age as the end of the last jump as a Fallen Human in Undertale with a Human Companion, resulting in a young child falling into the underground being followed shortly after by her grandfather a few hours later. Without taking Human Companion I probably wouldn't be able to justify what is effectively a free age change.

Steal everything that's not nailed down.

Have sex with anything that moves.

does it specify what desk? can you modify the desk? what if you stole the desk from a giant? could you make a desk the size of the superdome?

Buy Forcewall and hide behind it while lounging on a mound of mind-controlled members of their harem.

What jumps can get you a non-tech company?

Resident evil can get you a medical company.

Medical companies don't count as tech companies?

Maybe you should be a little more specific.

Agarest jump when?

inb4 do it yourself

I imagine that would depend on if it was med tech or pharmaceutical. In the case of RE it would probably be genetic engineering dressed up as pharmaceutical.

I’d jump it.

Yeah, definitely not what comes to mind when thinking about companies that don't specialize in tech.

Model gets you a brand label if you go designer.

Well fuck you then, no there are no jumps that give you a fucking bowling ball and spoon company.

No, a tech company deals with hardware/software for computers. A medical company is a medical company.

What are you looking for then because pretty much anything but flat manufacturing has some tech. Hell that does too.

So I am watching sword art online before jumping and I have to ask, how in the hell is this game supposed to be the number one game? It is literally more shit tier than anything I have ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=x0q-CONP2GA
There´s always worse user.

Basically because it's the first. That's literally it. Sword Art Online is the number one game because it was the only one in the race.

And even though it limped across the finish line on one leg with glitches slowly devouring the other one, it's still number one.

It's the only game for the platform. Pretty sure SAO Abridged made a joke about that.

Companies that focus on services or products that aren't that technologically sophisticated, as opposed to companies that focus on science and the research and development of new technologies.

youtu.be/3GXCo-InnpU
Yeah, we know.

There's the Brothel in Black Dynamite. That's pretty much it.

Well, there's the fast food restaurant from Breaking Bad.

It's the first mental interface VR game. That said, it's been commented on by critics that even if it weren't for Kayaba turning it into a twisted death game, the poor sales would tank the concept and mean that it would be very unlikely for any better VR games to be made. This is somewhat supported by how terrible the other two VR games in the anime, Alfheim Online and Gun Gale Online, are. I know there's another game in the light novels that's supposed to be better and that's taken up the majority of the focus for the past seven books or something like that, but not many people in the West have read the SAO novels so I don't have any details about it. I'm certainly not going to go read them.

Last thread was quite pleasant, the thread before it was less so. Is there just a handful of people who come out at a certain time to be horrible to others?

>Is there just a handful of people who come out at a certain time to be horrible to others?
Yes.

Oh, hi, welcome to Jumpchain. We're always excited to see newcomers. And sadly yes, you're right. Mostly this community is pleasant, but there is a small portion of the thread population that loves ruining things for others.

We have a lot of werewolves in thread. Their temprament depends on the phases of the moon.

You sure those aren't just women? Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Hey guys. My ears were burning and I just had to get here as quick as I could.
Hey, let's discuss getting lewd jumps on the drive or maybe bitch about SB and their crazy antics.
Let's get this discussion going!
I hate you all! Blargh!

Nah, women don't like being scratched on the head.

Dont be mean to the poor puppers.

Good to have you back man, the Moralnons were getting tiring.

That is a fucking lie. My wife loves having her head scratched.

What am I doing here Eddy? Robbing a fakakte auction house when I ought to be looking for a job, selling spatulas.

Then you aren't doing it right. Can absolutely confirm at least one woman adores head and back scratches.

Happy to be back, ready to make you all miserable for I am a horrible person and that is my role in life. Haha!
I dOn'T wAnT OThEr PeOpLe Ot Eb hAPpY

A lot of medical companies deal solely in tech, such as various scanning devices(MRI, UltraSound, etc.), monitors(heart monitor, eeg, etc.), etc. hence med tech. Which would be a tech company. Admittedly one specializing in medical tech. Hence being a medical company.

Create plans to murder people in a grandiose show of power for doing things you don't like. Import your Light of Terra repeatedly to make it supersize as a metaphor for your penis. Fuck ALL the women to add them as a notch in your belt. Gain ultimate unlimited power, and then do it again and again, because there is no finish line and you will never be satisfied.

Yell at people for implying you can't or shouldn't do these things.

Oregairu, "Committee Management" grants you an amazing ability to organize events even if they're dropped on you at the last minute. You're the super event organizer.

K-ON! has "Upper, Upper Class Lady", which effectively lets you be born into or come into contact with a charitable rich family that will take you in at the start of each new jump afterwards, according to Val. That's what I took. It is very expensive, though.
I kindof used that jump as a gimme/throwaway for that one purpose, y'know, like, "I'll take this and then I guess that's all I really want from this jump."

"Batman's Real Superpower" also gives a bunch of money, which you can spend variable amounts of CP on to alter the rules or amount it gives you per jump. It is potentially extremely powerful, though, in terms of money grabbing. Really, better than "Upper, Upper Class", since the money is all yours, but I prefer the former for purposes of comfy.

While I understand you are joking, why can't I shrug off the impression that if shitpsoters were honest, this is exactly what they'd be saying? Especially the more... dedicated shitposters.

I hate calling them dedicated. As though there was some virute to be found in being an asshole day in day out.

Hey /JC/ is there a Married with Children Jump ?

>this is exactly what they'd be saying
I believe I speak for my brothers-in-arms when I say: yeah, probably.

Not that I know of. Is that a comedy?
There is a generic parenting jump, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4CV18U0V8

Look for yourself

Those would technically just be tech companies. Or manufacturing, depending on what they're actually doing. Not to mention they don't usually develop the software themselves, they get other companies to do it.

Nope. Closest we got is Sitcom Jump, but you can make one if you like.

It's a sitcom from the 80s. Stars Al Bundy, and the woman who did the voice of Leela from Futurama as his wife. In the US they currently show reruns of it every morning on TBS.

It is mildly amusing in a hokey by the numbers sitcom kind of way.

Then Im making it

if the only tech they make is med tech, then they are both medical and technology companies. Things that fit more than one category do exist.

Thread closed before I could reply. Yes they are companions. They're sapient, they have mental capacity of a small child, they can talk via the power ring. It translates barks, bun-bun noises, meows, and etc into speech.

They're like Pokemon but dumber. Also yes, Ch'p is an alien squirrel. I couldn't figure out a Green Lantern animal, so Ch'p was already a thing. I guess I could change it to something else if someone gives me an animal.

Dex-Starr could also be replaced with a generic, "Rage Cat". Deer Lantern?

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. I was thinking more medical = pharmaceutical because of the RE talk from before.

Do it. Give it a fanfic toggle. Don't ban crossovers. I want to get to a specific Buffyverse from there. Oz decides to start a church of Al after a mild Zombie apocalypse where Al helped Xander, Dawn, Faith, Ted, Faith's original watcher, and a Robot Xander save the day from an upgraded Kakistos by turning a strip club into holy ground and dousing khaki toast with holy beer.

Was it this episode ?

Who is that kid?

LEWD!

I think that's supposed to be the Big Bad Wolf. Which would make the girl Little Red Riding Hood.

Well, it referenced the episode anyway.

It's supposed to be a take on Little Red Riding Hood, with the child being the "Big Bad Wolf". I don't remember the whole story behind it. Something about the "Big Bad Wolf" being exiled from the town just because he was a wolf, but Red Riding Hood showed him kindness on her trips to Grandmother's house. In the end the Wolf does grow up to be big and powerful, but he ends up saving the village from a group of bandits that come to sack the town because of the kindness Red showed him.

Something like that.

Post a link

Seems Fine - Street Fighter

That sounds nice.

This is why Raiju is the best waifu. I patiently await the MGE jump.

fanfiction.net/s/5670737/1/I-wouldn-t-exactly-call-that-sitting

Technically a Buffy fic, and the Married With Children cross is near the end, but Buffy doesn't have a crossover perk. The author is quite prolific, but gets distracted far too often, luckily he actually finishes this one.

How the fuck do you describe Tsundere without resorting to the word 'tsundere.'

Like, was tempted to use bipolar but that seems a tad extreme.

I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, also that's not what bipholar disorder is. Just say someone who hates you but really loves you.

Romantically attracted, but in denial to such a degree that interactions they have with the object of their affections are aggressive or derisive.

Thank you thank you.

Someone who acts like they dislike to hate their emotions of love towards an individual or group of individuals.

Also here's Illidan after 7.3.0

Someone who is shy or has problems admitting their true feelings

Gods damn it Blizzard