I don't think it's autism

I don't think it's autism
what do you say Veeky Forums?
ShadowNiL#6815

By the current nebulous definition of autism in popular culture, sure.

I'm autistic, several of my friends in the hobby are autistic, and I'm legitimately suspecting that at least one of the undiagnosed friends is as well.

It checks out.

Yes, I will gladly go bully the man who hurt your feelings, OP

roleplaying in videogames, especially MMOs IS autism. TTRPGs are the only way to roleplay that isn't retarded.

Maybe, but it's also fun

Thx benisfwed
:D

RP as in
>*feels your bulge* owo "whats this?" */me rubs bulge x3*
is autism yeah.

Roleplay as in D&D and tabletop gaming is not.

Most of the people on the spectrum I've dealt with as a DM have been literally terrified of role playing, so I'd have to disagree.

Depends on the definition of autism. The mental diagnosis or the Veeky Forums version.

The Veeky Forums version is just Nigger for the board. Whaddup my autists!

The actual mental disorder... actually there have been several preliminary studies that seem to conclude that roleplaying can help those in the autistic spectrum by teaching them gaming etiquette and social skills while keeping them engaged with the Gaming aspect of the rpgs... which honestly does more good for the hobby than anything else.

The autism buzzword has gone too far.

You're just as fucking autistic, there's no way around it.

(me)
Your*

???

Then every actor in Hollywood and in every play is autistic

You got a point... they are.

(me)
I love autism I eat it for breakfast*

It probably is but I don't care.
It's fun.
Probably because I'm autistic.

Based on context clues from this board, I'm led to believe that the definition of autism is:

>Caring strongly about any given topic, to the degree that you will correct people over it

Thus, freeform beer and pretzels games are fine, but anything more serious is heavily autistic.

Pop autism is just "cares about something I don't approve of".

Exactly. The only way to not be autistic is to not hold any strong opinions and constantly insist that nobody take anything seriously.

You pretty much nailed it

My group jokingly calls our campaigns and roleplaying "autistic", so maybe.

Playing a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon campaign was probably the height of our autism, probably followed buy our Final Fantasy campaign.

>buy
*by

This for me as well. Most people I play with are extreme normies and autistic people actually avoid social games like the plague, heck they avoid any social contact at all

Not your personal army gay boy

Sounds like you got into some dumb argument, got mad and now trying to goad retards into messaging him.

*autisms behind you*

Psssshhh... nothin personal kid

What kind of beer? If you name the wrong brands (Or at least style and temperature), I'm going to correct you.

Doing something for money and for fun is two different things, user. The guys who really get into their role and method act as a cripple for 7 months straight are pretty autistic.

playing a pokemon tabletop is either the most normie or one of the least normie things you could do. The only difference is whether anyone had pokemon past gen 2

Well PMD didn't exist until Gen 3, and we used content up to X/Y which had come out recently at the time, so probably not normie.

Nig's a Tigers fan, he's not qualified to have an opinion on anything.