Alright look look I know it's retarded but just listen alright? Werehumans. Wolves that turn into people...

Alright look look I know it's retarded but just listen alright? Werehumans. Wolves that turn into people. Like imagine that the party walks into a town in the middle of the woods, the villagers are abnormal in how they act.
Thier speech is slurred and short and they move...differently. Not shambling or too slow but with just enough small variations to know somethings wrong. They all act hostile to eachother and nobody cleans nor washes. So after some careful planning if something happens the party books a room and tomorrow BAM.
Wolves everywhere. Enough wolves to make a Space wolf to say "The fuck."
Doesn't that sound sorta cool?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf's_Rain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That does sound like a fun idea. Maybe you could do a thing with dogs that get turned into were humans by being bitten by a feral wolf were human who wanders into the village and bites a domestic dog while in man form, and then the dog spreads it to other dogs until all the dogs in town can turn into humans and they get up to all sorts of shenanigans stealing meat and trying to hump women.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf's_Rain

That sounds cool but I wouldn't have every dog be one. Just a single dog that slowly realizes what the fucks going on after a couple transformations since dogs are kind of smart, and then trys to run away when he knows he'll change so the party's got to track him down, only to learn about him being a were-human, and then they'd need to explain what's happening to the villagers.
Sorry about changing it so much.

Neato. I'll be sure to check that out my dude.

They'd be wolfweres.

>wolf transforms into civilized human on new moon
>gains sapience
>realizes his dilemma and his transitory intelligence
>makes a little dwelling for next month
>turns back into a doggo

>DUDE WHAT IF [thing that has existed in mainstream RPGs for 30+ years] LMAO WOULDN'T THAT BE CRAZY!?!?

Wolfweres are wolves that become were-wolves.

Well I'm sorry for not knowing about that.

No, they're wolves that become weremen

Shadowrun does this.

>wereman
>were = man
>man-man

Were=male
Man=human being
Wereman=male human
Lurk moar

There is no such thing as a wereman, no more than there is a wolfwolf.

That thing was horrible. All the people I know who liked it were completely deranged weeaboo furries. And I'm a weeaboo furry myself, so it really means something if even I have disdain for these people.

>Alright look look I know it's retarded but just listen alright? Werehumans. Wolves that turn into people.

This has already been done a bunch

>Like imagine that the party walks into a town in the middle of the woods, the villagers are abnormal in how they act.
>Thier speech is slurred and short and they move...differently. Not shambling or too slow but with just enough small variations to know somethings wrong. They all act hostile to eachother and nobody cleans nor washes. So after some careful planning if something happens the party books a room and tomorrow BAM.
>Wolves everywhere. Enough wolves to make a Space wolf to say "The fuck."
This sounds absolutely metal as fuck and I love it

I love the idea of wolves magically being compelled to act like humans

Wolfwere?

Wolf there.

Castle there.

I thought you wanted to talk that way. I'm easy.

>werewomen and weremen
>people that switch genders on the full moon

Wasn't there just a 'were' in one of Jack Chalker's River of the Dancing Gods books? At the full moon they became the last creature they were near, or something like that.
I think it ended with a main character who became a woman every month so he could fuck his cursed-to-be-futa TRUE LOVE and I'm fairly sure he got pregnant (it'd take a while getting through 9 months in one day a month intervals...).

So should we call them lupusmen?

This has nearly always been a thing. I actually remember reading a short story that explored the concept. With the Wolf turning into a human and robbing a grocery store to feed his pack in the middle of winter. It stuck with me because the Wolf's thought proscess and senses were suddenly and he was extremely unnerved by everything.

Werehumans eould just be a human that turns into another human, like the infamous mantaur. But i get what your saying though. Maybe lupohumans or canihumans.

Shadowrun Shifters have you covered already.

Then lurk moar.

Wolves in the guise of men, you say?