>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Previous Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QksrFJyT5A4
blog.nicnilov.com/2015/01/metallic-paints-for-scale-modeling-review-part-one/
youtube.com/watch?v=EdXDaHhvz5Q
games-workshop.com/en-CA/getting-started-with-40k-2017-ENG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can anybody post their Imperial Guard schemes? Looking for inspo

Alternatively:
>choose my Guard theme

oh shit user, I remember ordering that from you!
I still have the guy, but not painted him as of yet.

Black, white, and red

Glad to know it's not been thrown away.

I'm just sad I really forgot to take pictures of it when it was finished and "assembled."

When the FUCK are we getting normal Primaris kits? I want to make a Primaris Johnny

Reposting

How do I make a more defined edge in the face plate center?

i am now starting to get into greenstuff, reading some guides around, do you have any suggestions or suggested guides?

Damn that's some amazing greenstuff work.
I've been working on doing some Warcraft orcs as a skirmish band for AoS, here's some progress on the Gul'Dan that I'm working on.
Never really played too much with sculpting. Do you have any go-to-guides or something like that I can check out that you may have learned from? I'm moving on to doing his upper robes and I'm pretty intimidating about getting the shaping right and what-not.

Greenstuff.

Scraping the underside of the chin with a blade maybe? Failing that you could always just add a ridge with some GS.

the way would be carefully sanding it, but of course it's going to be hard as fuck.

probably at the same time as the codex

So it's looking like greenstuff ridge would be easiest method. Any suggestions on how to do that? I heard GS cures into a soft edge

Here's some basic stuff, there should be more in the links in OP.
Take a look at the Black Gobbo stuff there.

>When the FUCK are we getting normal Primaris kits? I want to make a Primaris Johnny

Well, it's not "normal", but if you were at a GW store around the time Dark Imperium came out, there was a stand-alone Primaris squadboy available. The GW in Colleyville, Texas, for example, was *literally* giving them away. This model (on the right in pic related) doesn't come in the Dark Imperium kit, and if you can get yer hands on one that isn't already put together and sprayed with Mephiston Red like mine is, you might be able to do something with it.

I had assumed they just put together some Primaris ladz from the box and stuck them on 32mm Sector Imperialis bases, but it is in fact a separate sprue with one model per - it even comes with its own Sector Imperialis-style base. I have a feeling we might see them bagged up and attached to the front of a future White Dwarf as part of a promo, and I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of the sprue when I saw it last weekend.

promise to keep us updated, I wanna see how it turns out!
also, I am assuming you're using the warchanter or what its called, but where are the horns from?

Is that not the mini packaged with the new "Getting Started" book?

So, how does one make a really metallic looking blue? I need it for some bases.
I tried basecoating them with Leadbelcher and just doing a blue glaze, so have the metal shine through, but it looks like complete shit.

The horns are from Bestigors, I believe.
The project will certainly take me a while, but it's been pretty new and exciting for me to actually do some molding, so I plan on keeping up with it. I'll post more progress tonight since I'm off to go work on them soon.
I need to find my plasticard before I really start on Blackhand, but here's his start. Note I didn't keep the hair, I actually only took this picture because I thought it was funny looking (because otherwise there's literally no sculpting or anything special besides that tiny bit on the belt.).

There are a lot of guides on how to sculpt the sort of details you want, but my general advice is to treat the stuff like a mix between chewing gum and clay that you're sculpting.

Keep your blade/ sculpting tools surface moist (not overtly wet, as too much water will make sculpting difficult) and this will enable your tool to keep gliding and achieving the desired curves and strokes without the epoxy getting sticky on it and pulling itself with it.

And the other piece of advice is to build it in layers, and with patience. Such as this base I've been sculpting for the last couple days (ignore the yellow chunklets, I was the last of an old strip of greenstuff and the seam between the two parts always ends up semi-curing). It started with rough shapes, then I started adding major features and building around them. The head started with a sphere for a skull and an L-shaped chunk for the jaw. Then I began building major facial features like cheekbones and eyesockets, defining head shape, tongue, into the mouth, teeth, jaw, lips, eyes. Each time letting the previous layer dry and harden before I began doing another part.

Greenstuff only cures into a soft edge if you don't shape it properly. Carefully sculpt both sides of the ridge you want to form to get a sharp, smooth and even ridgeline.

But just in case, despite your efforts to get a sharp ridge it doesn't come out right, you can always carefully cut and sand the stuff to the sharp edge you desire once it's fully cured.

Brown stuff and magic sculp are better suited for sculpting hard surfaces and sharp edges, because they behave much more like clay compared to greenstuff.

My first miniature ever, did I fuck something up or so far is good? Also I primed the mini in the joints where the arms should be glued, how much am I going to regret it?

>Also I primed the mini in the joints where the arms should be glued, how much am I going to regret it?
Not much, if you remember to scrape it off before glueing them together, or use superglue.

GW and Duncan to the rescue!

youtube.com/watch?v=QksrFJyT5A4

So I was going over my batch of marines I got earlier today and it feels like the assault marines have been stripped? They have a few bits of blue and green on them which is fine.

I'm more concerned about the parts of the plastic ones that the primer looks bubbley and cracked. They also have this weird... rust color on a few spots where its glued together and one spot with like rust barnacles inside one of the assault pack thrusters. Should I be worried about this?

Yeah, if it's anything like Stormcast

>Single sprue model used for free promos/painting lessons/intro booklet
>"Easy to assemble" 3 in a box, also used in the cheapest starter ala Storm of Sigmar
>Sprue of 5/10 (?) monopose in the full price intro box (think 40k is going to have a medium intro set too)
>actual multipart box

>Is that not the mini packaged with the new "Getting Started" book?

Huh. It is indeed! Here is the model and its sprue from GW's website.

Not a fan of this new coloured plastic malarkey. I know it's for the kids but it's more brittle than the grey stuff.

Also, that Captain in the OP is massive. Must be like Obliterator sized.

its not that new. they had colored minis in space hulk.

>new coloured plastic malarkey

New? I wonder if I have any pictures of First Edition RTB-01 Beekee sprues that were made of dark green plastic instead of the vaguely-puke oatmeal colour mine were molded in. Second Edition ladz wuz da same way. Mine were grey, but if you bought the Space Marine Assault mini-game that GW released right at the onset of Third Edition, they came molded in blue (pic related).

>Also, that Captain in the OP is massive. Must be like Obliterator sized.

Yeah, he's absolutely mighty - about two Johnnys tall! He's even a head taller than the Primaris squadboyz under his command.

Shit, that would be perfect.
Is there another way though? The tint set is 40€ at GWs, and my LGS doesn't seem to have it. And that seems a bit much for just painting some metallic plates on bases.

What are you guys currently workin on?

I finally decided to prime and basecoat a few of my special characters that had been staring at me naked for too long

The fuck is up with the red paint?

Maybe you can use Vallejo "gun metal blue" then?

Might be still wet.

thick your paints. the red shouldn't be pooling like that.

That looks like it could work. My LGS recently got those Scale 75 paints, noticed they have something like the GW tint set too, only a lot cheaper.
Guess I'll get both and see which one works better. Thanks user.

I painted mine similar to the 122nd Cadian. This edition when I started Guard gave me great inspiration.

so, I have my intentions of converting a demon prince to resemble Pic Related.

I'm thinking of getting the regular Demon prince and cutting him down at the torso, and re-building the legs using parts similar and green stuff available. Now, I need help gathering up some of these pieces, and some of them I don't even know what to add in on. My main thought is to make it into a demon prince of Nurgle or Undivided.

Any help or Tips and tricks? is the idea sound or should I fish for something else?

I prime by using about a 50/50 mix of a citadel base paint (khorne red in this case) and water and then I just slather it all over the model. It looks like it is gonna turn out horrible when it is still wet, but once it dries it usually comes out very smooth and doesnt clog any details. The honour guard in the middle-right was just primed this way.

so yea, the techmarine is still wet from doing that to him.

its far from new. I have some ancient Genestealers that are in hard, purple plastic.

I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME BROTHERS

...It is a good pain

I've built my Blitza Bommer today and am trying to work out paint schemes. I'm considering doing it mostly silver like a f-86 with blue and white stripes over parts of the hull. But I'm worried it'll look too boring.

Heck, the old LOTR SBG stuff was sometimes like that. The fellowship of the ring sets had gondorians and high elves in light grey plastic and the moria goblins in dark grey plastic.

I don't have a problem with it at all. Let's people start playing right away, and has no effect on you once you've primed

holy shit just found this at home depot for like $4 while looking for plaster

>paint and primer
>specifically works on plastic too

trying it out on some ammo crate scenery pieces and will report back later

fuck you gw and your $17 spray that isnt even a primer

The trick will be getting it to look like that USAF 1950-1960 chrome look rather than just like steel or whatever.

Definitely. Any ideas on how to do that? Vallejo might have something chrome like?

Buy one of those new DG models with an old style MkII helmet?

you don't even really need a primer, GW sprays stick well enough, but anyway your pic says satin, did you get that or the matte version?

?
I think it's even in the OP that Rustoleum is really good.
Sadly not available in Europe. Or at least nowhere near me.

Are there any guides for painting librarians/Techmarines of various chapters?

Usually its just for ultramarines which is practically cheating since all librarians use ultramarine colors

I wanna know where i should be using chapter colors on these guys vs traditional librarium/mechanicus colors

how difficult is it to use plastic card / styrene, im planning on making a weapon similar to this shape. any help is appreciated

Grey uniform and darker gray armor.

>fat, ugly NEET tranny
>still has orders of white knights drooling over here in every comment section

What the fuck

Very easy, make sure you get the right thickness appropriate to weapons in that scale though.

With a round edge like that you'll probably use a file to smooth it anyway, but you also want to bevel the edge and maybe the odd dint to make it look like a believeable weapon and not just plasticard on a stick.

The cans were either "gloss" or "satin", I have some loren forest I can do a quick layer over if its too shiny or looks wrong

Being less than a 1/4 of the GW price is also sweet, but they dont have any metallic sprays like leadbelcher

Finally found some time to work a little more on my Haeteroi.
Now that the shields are done and they are basecoated (save for bits of one helmet) I can move forward with painting the fuckers.
The base idea was to have them all look relaxed and unhurried as opposed to the Guardian squad, who are all running, and the Sentinels, who all have swords and shields at the ready. Not sure if I managed to really convey that concept, but I kinda like their poses either way.

Everything alright mate?

Even if you've posted in the wrong thread I don't think that level of toxicity is good for you.

>According to the guidelines of the Codex Astartes, the armour of Librarians is blue with gold and yellow highlights, regardless of chapter colours. The left shoulder plate of the Librarian's armour displays the chapter symbol in the case of power armour; for Terminator armoured Librarians, the chapter symbol is displayed on the right shoulder armour (leaving the Crux Terminatus for the left). The free shoulder pad displays the Librarian symbol, its exact form denoting the rank of the Librarian. Librarians wear golden yellow tabards which are edged with black patterns, the complexity of the pattern denoting the Librarian's rank.
From the Lexicanum
Although I'm sure it's somewhere in the codices too, although I couldn't find it right away. Probably the same for Techmarines. Red armour all over with the white/black Mechanicus symbols, chapter badge on the right shoulder.

I was referring to >, some user posted it in the other thread

I think it works pretty well user, I see what you're trying to convey.
Are those shields original? I can't remember if they're in the official box

The main body is from the shield, but with the wings trimmed off and replaced by those from the vexila (as can be seen on the guy in the middle).
I doubt it would work as a regular shield, but considering the Haeteroi I figured they might just be good enough to justify those. And I needed something to complement the paragon blades.

>Everything alright mate?
>Even if you've posted in the wrong thread I don't think that level of toxicity is good for you.

He's on about GirlPainting ( from last thread), which is so obviously *not* a girl.

>Are there any guides for painting librarians/Techmarines of various chapters?
>Usually its just for ultramarines which is practically cheating since all librarians use ultramarine colors
>I wanna know where i should be using chapter colors on these guys vs traditional librarium/mechanicus colors

These are from Second Editon.

thank you friend

its too bad there arent any handy visual guides floating around but that blurb answered all my questions.

right, is there a good place to get the material, like brand etc. not exactly sure what type of card people use

hello chewies!

Slowly finishing some drewcareys

Very nice work user, but I think the gun could receive some more love

Thanks! Yeah, still working - plan to highlight the black and metallic areas, and add blue glow to the barrel cutouts. Any suggestions?

Personally, I think a hint of the cream colour you used for the mask could work very well.
Just a suggestion though, I already dig that colour scheme

Alright the techmarine's paint finally dried

See; nice and smooth!

>tfw bought white primed marines on ebay
>tfw painting on solid white is against the wip rules

Anyone know a good examples of painted mentors marines?

Thanks mate!

Looking good. Love the use of Encarmine blades, and the Custodes vexilla as swords and shields, makes them look very different, almost older.

I like that idea! I'll give it a whirl

The monopose kits are the new normal. That's what you get now. At best a choice of slightly different weapons or a couple of different heads, but don't expect anything more flexible than the current plastic characters for the foreseeable future for anyone.

Vallejo's game air 'chrome' is very shiny, but it's not as shiny as actual chrome, at least over the base coats I'm using. Possibly it might work better over a really smooth surface or with some gloss varnish on top.

Not difficult but really precise shapes, especially curved ones, can be hard to achieve.

Depends where you are, but the main companies that I know of are slater's, evergreen and plastruct. Each of them produce a very similar range and there isn't much to distinguish them in my opinion.

They said that old marines heads and pauldrons will be compatibles with Primaris, so i can expect a little more complex models.

I know right, they should all be orbiting skinny trannies like Alexis

now u gotta post more about this alexis

>orbiting

Gravity might have something to do with that.

Researching the topic I found a blog that suggested polishing the surface with very fine sand paper can get a reflective finish. blog.nicnilov.com/2015/01/metallic-paints-for-scale-modeling-review-part-one/

youtube.com/watch?v=EdXDaHhvz5Q

Bet you can't make it through this not-even five minute video.

She yes I know has channel that isn't too hard to find and is admittedly a lot less awkward than this interview.

I died inside a little I think

>tips like "don't eat the putty"
Who is this from?

>come to wip thread with my green stuff and guilly mand model i want to convert into chaos lord
>fresh green stuff pdf
i love you user!

Question, what exactly are the Haeteroi in the Legio Custodes, and do they have bolters?
If so, are you planing to model them on

>I prime by using about a 50/50 mix of a citadel base paint (khorne red in this case) and water
that's not priming user... Priming requires primer..

checked the video and another two videos on her channel. Poop.

That is all. Thank you for the assistance

>Her
>She
>Her
>She

Hershey

Looks fucking good so far man, you gonna give him his Mountain Dew cup and walking stick?

user dont be naughty. Also hershey is incredibly shit

Also thread related: Currently stripping the paint off SM and IG minis using methylated spirits. Working well but the grey plastic itself has faded. Not that it should be an issue. Also got DAS putty and gonna make a clump of trees for bolt action terrain. I plan on selling the stripped minis at a convention next month

Would upload pics but my internets shit

9000 points later says yes it works great as a primer. Im not but its great

I don't like the short painting videos GW puts out now. The long in depth videos were so much better.

What color do I make these grey parts, I can't decide

I hope they never come out, so Primaris remain forever locked into a handful of bland poses and gear options.

It's what truescale deserves. Uniformity forever.

Also need advice on the back

games-workshop.com/en-CA/getting-started-with-40k-2017-ENG

It's a mass release for next week.

t. Manlet

Sorry about rotation but what does Veeky Forums think about this scheme? It's a bit more green irl but it's suppose to appear more human skin esque since I thought tying it into that many humans turn into them like poxwalkers.