Create a country

Take the blank map and draw some borders on it, make up some countries. Doesn't have to have any bearing on real world borders, just get claiming land, bonus points for interesting shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/06/osr-fast-mapping-part-1-kingdom-county.html
coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/07/osr-fast-mapping-part-2-county-barony.html
coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/07/osr-fast-mapping-part-3-barony-terrain.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably belongs in /qst/, but I'll offer you a first.

Easy, what next?

You can't really make realistic borders without knowing the topography.

The real world has borders that have nothing to do with topography.

Are you retarded?

But it also has borders very much to do with topography.

I've decided I dislike your map - on the grounds of it being a .jpg and thus full of image corruption - and so am replacing it with a superior .png map.

Are you? Egypt's borders exist in the real world. It's "realistic" by definition.

Sure, I just object to people who see straight borders and start autistically screeching that it's "not realistic".

I'll claim this comfy peninsula including Kamchatka

Only fish, oil and vulcanoes be over here

Make up names for each of there baronies and sites.

Stop sign silhouettes are things with walls.
Mountains are actually things with big walls.

Meant for

Bump

Meet the glorious Lichdom of Antarctica!

Those filthy warm-blooded animals can't appreciate the beauty of our land.

Why not make the borders first, and the build the topography to suit? Seems much faster.

Some kind of Greaco-Buddhist/Graeco-Hindu nation that formed in central Asia. I don't really know what to call it.

I like that idea.

Bactria?

Essentially. It's totally slapped together, but the idea is that the Kushan Empire, for whatever reason, consolidates North and West instead of South and East. They manage to be more successful than they historically should be, and even though they collapse they set the groundwork for a long lasting cultural influence and more closely related region. Eventually they re-confederate into the modern country to defend against outside threats and to exert more political power, kinda like Germany.

>New Atlantic

That's a bold claim there.

Fucker i've read those books, we both know they're farther north than that.

Rather than the aboriginals discovering the continent of Australia tens of thousands of years ago the island went undiscovered until a later time, specifically during the late middle ages, when it was found by a group forced to relocate by the threat of extermination by their neighbors after loosing their homeland. Because the abos never got there they never burned the island down. As such when the refugees found it rather than the arid hell hole we know and love, it was a verdant jungle. Filled with giant man eating lizards. The refugees built high walls and off shore floating cities to keep themselves safe from the monsters. They subsist largely on seafood, but, some among them find a living in the jungle. Brave heroes and monster hunters who brave the interior of the island in search of precious materials and glory, and nothing brings back more glory than a dragon skull.

The Republic of the Southern Cone is ruled over by a consulate government based on the banks of the Strait of Magellan. The state slowly expanded from its initial region of control into the expansive northern mountain and plain frontier territories.

Fridgeland is ruled by sentient freezers and fridges who enslaved the local human populace.

The warships of Aldan and the Isles fight a constant battle against the refrigerated raiders from the north

What next?

well we found that guy.

>lemurian waters
>Down south past australia
>Putting the territory beyond the point lemurians believe to be safe to travel
>Not putting it up in the mess of islands where they actually canonically go

I am disappoint sempai.

The countryside is desolated and the people in Bat Country live secluded and isolated lives.

Most people coming through don't like to stop here, but since together with their Bactrian neighbours they're an important bridge between the eastern and western part of the continent, a lot of commerce comes through and the Country is rather wealthy.

Bat Country only has one port. Luckily, it's close to the capital.

Bump

The big neighbour of Hellenistic hippies and moody bat people is a country of people with extremely poor imagination, but with big love for trading. Whateverhernameislandia is her name.

A trading powerhouse, the Majapahit Sultanate has been utilizing it's many resources and lucrative trade routes to secure their position of being the wealthiest nation in the Western Hemisphere.

The capital city, known as the Trivium, is actually three large cities that share a central governing body, and stretch between the two landmasses. Most trading ships pass through here.
The Sultanate's military is small but passionate. The need to prove oneself is a highly admired state of mind, to the point where arrogance causes some of the international ties to fall. Money is the second most important goal, after this.

The country has been governed by a council of merchant-kings since its inception, with the sultan acting as the sovereign.

They share a walled city with whatever their western neighbor is.

Essentially, the trading nations of south-east asia became one empire.
They don't go near 'Australia' because it's too dangerous, and because the populace of the Sultanate are very superstitious.

Hope it's not in the way, first time really having a go at one of these.

Jokes on everyone else, Rome didn't fall!

Not entirely, anyways.

Muahahaaa! Thought the crazy merchant. Having purchased a sizeable dukedom in the east shore, he would cut the whole continent of Afrika in half - imagine the trade taxes!

That was 40 years ago. Now his plan of the DIVIDER KINGDOM is NEARLY complete. But he is old man and his heirs fight amongst eachother... And what is his dire foe on the west coast?

Madagascar and New Zealand recently changed places, flora and fauna changing with them.

Once the Liches of Antarctica noticed that someone had changed the landmasses they too joined the fun!

However, this time the "silly living creatures" did change. Also the changed peninsulas somehow got little bit colder...

They mistakenly changed a location of a small Sultanate island as well.. well that probably will not cause any political problems, they shrugged.

The republic of Kosonvonia is a cultured and historic land, possibly one of the oldest.

It's having a bit of trouble with a 'civil war' over the king dying with no heir or some nonsense, but pay no mind to that. Come on in! enjoy our rich culture!

Crusades are all the rage these days.

Oops, forgot text,

The Sultanate waste no time increasing their area of influence.
Thinking that the Liches did this purposefully, thanking the Liches of Antarctica for their generosity bringing the riches of the desert to their doorstep.
In a show of good faith they offer many fair and lucrative trade deals to the Liches, in the hopes of strengthening their ties.

They continue to completely ignore Kosonvonia as they have in the past.

Gotchu senpai

But would the Liches allow the Romans to get close enough?

Guests from the stars have come to this planet. They landed near Equator Dukedom and founded colony of Holy Galactic Empire We-Wuzia.
They seem to make a lot of strange colossal constructions with unknown purpose. And also they're pretty isolated.

Scientists of Southern Cone have found a strange city in their western waters. They entered it and found owner of this city sleeping. Scientists decided not to be rude with waking him up and sailed back home.

NOPE.

First rule of Deus Vult : Check that your target does not own GODLIKE WORLDDESTROYING POWERS.

The Liches hit the Romans with Australia. Simple really. Africa got little bent in the progress.

faggot

The reformed United Majapahit Sultanate expand eastward after the disappearance of Australia, and offer trade deals and manual labour to the Galactic Empire's Colony, in the hopes to form meaningful connections with the people of the heavens.

A new world trading power emerges!

uh, guys...
Where did Panama Costa Rica go?

New nations emerge standing in the way of regional powers. Perhaps they could be brought under a sphere of influence though?

yo, could you re-do that? Is a bit behind in terms of borders

forgot image, duh-doy

>Implying I wasn't intentionally nabbing those sweet SEA spices. But yeah sure give me a sec.

After no small amount of kerfuffle, the not!Byzantines ransom off Archduke Ferdinand's Phylactery.

Due to the shock of losing Panama the Aurelian Empire quckly claims land on the northern coast of South America.

I honestly doubt there would still be many romans after the australia scenario

Fearing Republic Aggression, the coastal trading cities of Western Africa merge into a federation of allied states

There's plenty is Praegelidus, if nowhere else.

Not ones to miss an opportunity, the New Atlantic follows suit.
And nicks Cozumel from the Meropean Confederation.

Seeing tensions rise the Aurelian Empire makes movs to fortify her position claiming nearby territory and constructing naval bases about the lands.

In addition in these unsure times friends are needed. Perhaps the New Atlantic would like to form an alliance?

The Federations first move to improve national security and increase funds is to secure the lands and water of the strait of Gibraltar. Providing a secure point of tax revenue from ships coming and going out of the Mediterranean

Please turists come visit the beautiful and glorious land of Kosonvoria! Really the little civil mayhem after the death of the king you might have read in foreign newspapers is really really no issue at all!
Now excuse me while I go murder.. I MEAN serve tea to my lovely brother-in-law!

Why do your red people hate cold islands so much?

>The Republic of the Southern Cone
Ah yes, the Coneheads. Truly a great civilization.

Tibetan Commonwealth
Little to no contact with any nations but the Majapahit Sultanate for necessary items they do not have access to.
Praises bettering oneself above all else, physically, mentally and spiritually.

All was going splendidly for the Aurelian Empire... Until a negotiation with the Fridgeland went sour and they conquered nearby Aurelian lands and enslaved their populations.

Even the Aurelian Capital had to be relocated to the Panama Sea.

thanks for resizing the map and BLURRING every border btw...

>Implying

With fucking what? Fuck all resources and population? Nope fuck that. I understand this thread has lich powers in it but that's ridiculous.
How are you even mounting an amphibious invasion with the Aurelian Empire's vast navy patrolling the Atlantic, the Irish and North Seas?

The Mighty Benin Empire is a powerful thalasocracy with a dreadful navy of long, thick vessels able to perforate any enemy ship. But they are pacific and only interested in penises and penis shaped things.

What would actually happen

Following the destruction of the Fridgeland invaders the Aurelian Empire employs its vast military to occupy nearby Fridgeland territory while shipping further resources from the rest of it's vast empire in preparation for finishing off the belligerent smaller state if needs be.

In a show of discontent to the current state of the world, the collective European peoples have stated, quote, "Fuck this noise", and completely pivoted their continent away from the rest of the world.

The Lumurian Waters spill out.

I think you broke it.

The Whateverhernameislandians take the opportunity to gain control of the Hellas Pont.

Relax, Aurelian Empire owns majority of trade centers of the world still... and werent the Fridgelanders sentient fridges??

LONG LIVE BELKA. SOON THE ENTIRE WORLD WILL BE BELKAN CLAY.

Exactly even more ridiculous. How does a fridge do anything?

Well in that case, I'll do this. Make Hoffnug cinders again.

I mean could I just do this and say hey everyone calm down you still have your countries.
I get this is all silly larping in the first place but I don't see how you can take the most highly defended part of a world empire like that.

The peace-loving Amber Tradehouses were slightly alarmed by the European Pivotisation but hey its a free world! (Also 20% amber off just for you my friend.). Just to be sure a bit more people move to the Amberian Colony on the other continent.

Belkans, now there are a trustworthy fellows! (10% off for you belkan friends!)

Forgot image.

Instead of arguing against it, could you tell how the Aurelians retake their lands gloriously?

This user at least finds most fun in these threads about taking all what others create and rolling with it! :)

You have a point user.

Mustering all their might the Aurelians surge forward. Putting their seafaring heritage to good use they establish a base on spain and launch the offensive into Fridgeland territory. Although much of Ireland and the continent is still lost the capital in England is at last liberated!

Also the nation of Cockoland emerges and seeks to ally itself with the other phallic nations.

Forgot image sorry.

In pursuit of scientific research in Antarctica, the Republic of the Southern Cone launches amphibious assaults on the Antarctic territories of the Southern Roman Empire. Meanwhile, a fleet sails to South Africa to prevent reinforcements from the defenders.

As the violence in the Antarctic continues new nations emerge.

Nurseland
A peaceful people that have sprung up between borders as a neautral party.

The Island Alliance a collection of small European island that have banded together.

Ishmere
A militaristic nation with a strong leader looking to expand his influence

the weeblord has claimed her weebland

The Bat County tears itself apart in a horrific religious schism of "who is THE BATMAN". Bat refugees surge to other lands through Eurasia!

The Cone forces massacre *ahem* establish scientific research stations on Roman positions on the Antarctic. Only the Noble Praegelidus and Zombie Hong Kong maintain their roman forces, and the latter it is de-facto independent anyway.
How does the mainland Roman Empire now sustain itself, with the deadly jungle-Australia next to it and most of its colonies crushed?

After a short but intense civil war in (former) Bat Country, a cataclysmic event forces the fighting to come to a bitter halt. A nuclear explosion in the most fiercely contested region west of Baton Rouge. No one knows exactly what happened, but later investigations by several of the worlds geratest detectives concluded that when fighting broke out in a nuclear missile silo, several warheads were accidentally(?) armed and detonated.

This ended the infighting and the schism of Bat Country, as the leaders of all sides agreed that this wasn't the end to war anyone wanted, but the one everyone needed. Though former factions in the war remain somewhat independent as states within the country, the national order could largely be restored.

A large area around the blast site was contaminated by strong gales, showering an area larger than the size of Aldan with radioactive material. The are was deemed uninhabitable and was put under strict quarantine, becoming the DNCZ - Demilitarized Nuclear Containment Zone.

The incident led to tensions between Bat Country and other nations, especially Whateverhernameislandia, since Bat Country had been building their nuclear weapons in secret and against international laws.

>Why not make the borders first, and the build the topography to suit? Seems much faster.
This is a smart idea, holy cow.

>This is a smart idea, holy cow.
Thanks! I wrote up a series of posts on how to do it for feudal-style worldbuilding, but the core is easily adaptable:
coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/06/osr-fast-mapping-part-1-kingdom-county.html
coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/07/osr-fast-mapping-part-2-county-barony.html
coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/07/osr-fast-mapping-part-3-barony-terrain.html

Which is what I think this anonwas getting on about regarding barony names.

>How does the mainland Roman Empire now sustain itself, with the deadly jungle-Australia next to it and most of its colonies crushed?
I'll give you a hint: not well

The Sea-Aussies, having been smacked into a continent that isn't actively trying to kill them, quickly do the traditional thing migrating throngs of people do to Rome. You know, forming kingdoms on the ashes.

Fortunately a few scattered successors carry on.

>Collaborative worldbuilding belongs on /qst/.
What has happened to Veeky Forums. Can we not even roll up Space Marine chapters anymore, or is that only allowed because it's 40k and 40k is 98% of Veeky Forums's traffic?

The lime green turf grows ever fearful!
They jihad on the Aurelian Empire, before things can get worse.

Holy fuck, that map projection is awful.

I'm used to seeing shit like Greenland being depicted the same size as Australia a la but the OP image makes it look bigger than Africa.

>Probably belongs in /qst/
No, Quests belong in /qst/
It's in the name